Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eagles Sign Wentz to a Huge Deal

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Eagles Sign Wentz to a Huge Deal
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Eagles Sign Wentz to a Huge Deal
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:56 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Holy Crap. Isn't he basically best known for not actually being as clutch as Foles? If I were the Eagles, I'd have wanted a bit more pudding to proof first.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/269 ... -extension

No idea how clutch he is. He's almost more fragile than GQ.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:47 pm
  • I can't wait til the Rams give Goff this contract.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:13 pm
  • The obvious concern is durability. It isn't anegative on the players skills, but it is a brutal game and some guys just can't stay healthy. Sure back to back freak injuries happen but I would have wanted a full season before I guaranteed $107million ....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:40 am
  • If you don't guarantee $107 millions now, next year you might have to guarantee $125 millions and the year after $150 millions. The next guy sets the new mark ... regardless of what they accomplish. There is no stopping until the whole system crashes or someone says ... see you later (aka Marcus Mariota, Jameis). Mahomes, Watson anyone ?
    At this pace the class of Mayfield, Sam Donald, Josh Allen ... will probably get $200 millions guarantee . And Kyler Murray ...
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:56 am
  • Probably a good gamble for the Eagles if Wentz can stay healthy (and he doesn't hold out after a few years). This means he's locked down for 6 years total and the new money IIRC is $32MM/year. Good rate if he ends up being a quality QB.

I don't think I would have thrown that much cash at him after all the time he's missed, but I'm not an NFL GM.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:33 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Holy Crap. Isn't he basically best known for not actually being as clutch as Foles? If I were the Eagles, I'd have wanted a bit more pudding to proof first.

No idea how clutch he is. He's almost more fragile than GQ.

That's what I was thinking.

We'll have to wait and see.

Wentz' deal just pushes things up and means more $$$ for the next big QB signing(s).
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:13 pm
  • *allas shouldn’t have waited so long to get Dak signed.
    The longer they wait the more $$$ it’s going to cost them.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:47 am
  • Glad we signed Wilson when we did, we are now going to see the Un proven big contracts thrown out early for guys that have yet to prove they are able to play consistently for big money. Wilson will be lucky to be top ten in two years.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:45 am
  • HawkGA wrote:Holy Crap. Isn't he basically best known for not actually being as clutch as Foles? If I were the Eagles, I'd have wanted a bit more pudding to proof first.

He had a larger body of work than Jimmy Garappolo did when he signed his deal.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:30 am
  • knownone wrote:I can't wait til the Rams give Goff this contract.

Well, he's more likely to play through the life of the contract. He's never missed a game in his college or pro career due to injury. And he doesn't put himself at risk either. I still think its amazing how Russell Wilson is a mobile quarterback who's never missed a game. Those are usually the guys who get hurt the most. Some guys just have a knack for absorbing hits without serious injury. Wilson is one of those. Goff might be too but he has to play more to know for sure.
    snackdaddy
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:27 pm
  • knownone wrote:I can't wait til the Rams give Goff this contract.

Not sure if the Rams will give Goff a huge contract.

After seeing how Goff drastically improved after McVay got to LA, and how he stunk up the SB once Belichick figured out how to cut McVay's puppet strings on playcalling?

McVay might just find another rookie QB or trade for a cheaper QB who he can also mold into a good starter.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:20 am
  • This trend will end in the near future . The $$ these guys are demanding is laughable and damaging to their teams and the NFL . Team owners will have to step in and drop the hammer on these contracts . I would like to see the NFL put a ceiling on guaranteed money and teams offer more incentive laden contracts. As far as injuries .... a no play no pay clause in all contracts . I can dream can't I ? :0190l:
    xray
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information