Potential/Likely 9ers cuts you guys should be interested in.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Three of them, mostly from areas where the 9ers have depth and the Seahawks could use depth, but more importantly these are players who I think are good depth and scheme fits for the Seahawks:

Kendrick Bourne, WR: Generally good at everything, but the only area he truly excels in as a run blocker from the WR position. That fits. He'll like lose out to Jordan Matthews for a spot on the 9ers, but somebody is going to sign him and be happy with him as depth WR.

Adrian Colbert, FS (with positional versatility at SS): Looked explosive and like the answer as the starter at FS two years ago, but then missed almost all of last year and has had hamstring issues this preseason. He's a great special teams contributor, is an amazing athlete, and I think he still has a lot of upside, especially as a second stringer. The 9ers are likely going to cut him (which I think is a mistake), but he has played single high in the Seahawks' scheme, and excelled at it.

Joshua Garnett, OG: His primary issue has been health, but the secondary issue is he was drafted for a Harbaugh offense predicated on moving bodies in the interior run game, not an outside zone offense He is, in essence, the backup version of Mike Iupati. If he stays healthy I think a run first team that focuses more on moving the pile on inside runs will be happy with him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The FS I’d take a chance on just to get rid of Hill or T2, who really haven’t showed much IMHO.

The WR seems intriguing but once everyone gets healthy not sure their is room on the Hawks roster.

chris98251

Reaction score
FS maybe, but that has got suddenly crowded here in Seattle everything else we have already and depth when everyone is healthy.

D

DomeHawk

I agree with everyone who has posted here, the only one we would probably consider is the FS position.

Not sure we would be interested in ANY 49ers leftovers though.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2o4rjtur said:
I agree with everyone who has posted here, the only one we would probably consider is the FS position.

Not sure we would be interested in ANY 49ers leftovers though.

Since when? Seems like 9ers and Hawks trade leftovers all the time.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Jordan Matthews cut. Not really anyone on the roster bubble in Santa Clara that could compete here. Maybe the BC Lions would be interested

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":n2y9bncm said:
Jordan Matthews cut. Not really anyone on the roster bubble in Santa Clara that could compete here. Maybe the BC Lions would be interested
:lol: :snack:

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahawks hosted Garnett on Monday.

Would be a perfect fit here.

94Smith

Reaction score
I always thought he played well when he was on the field

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yep. I like him MUCH better in an inside zone than outside zone, particularly after he has changed his body to try to better fit outside zone.

I think it would be a nice depth signing for them, but if it was going to happen I'm guessing it would have happened by now.

(FWIW AFAIK Colbert can't be signed by someone until he reaches an injury settlement).