Carli Lloyd

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Wow that situation has blown up. People are seriously talking that a 37 year old soccer player can kick in the NFL.

Looking at the video -- I see two problems. First, the trajectory was such I'm not sure it makes it over the LOS. Second (and I think more important) she got quite the running start. Average NFL kicker takes about 3 steps then kicks. The video she has is about 6 steps. No way she has time for that against a real NFL rush.

No doubt she's a premier athlete and could kick a ball better than 99% of the pubic -- but I'm pretty convinced any kick she tried to do against NFL competition over about 40 yards would be swatted away.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1e937q61 said:
Wow that situation has blown up. People are seriously talking that a 37 year old soccer player can kick in the NFL.

Looking at the video -- I see two problems. First, the trajectory was such I'm not sure it makes it over the LOS. Second (and I think more important) she got quite the running start. Average NFL kicker takes about 3 steps then kicks. The video she has is about 6 steps. No way she has time for that against a real NFL pass rush.

No doubt she's a premier athlete and could kick a ball better than 99% of the pubic -- but I'm pretty convinced any kick she tried to do against NFL competition over about 40 yards would be swatted away.

There is actually a Gal that kicks for a college team that does really well, I think she is eligible next Draft.

This Lady is supposedly getting some coaching from Morten Anderson, at 37 she is at the end of her best physical years so really it's just a feel good story.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm all for a feel-good story and Carli is an easy athlete to root for .... but I find it puzzling legitimate NFL analyst are spending time discussing this as an actual possibility.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":59hy3kh7 said:
I'm all for a feel-good story and Carli is an easy athlete to root for .... but I find it puzzling legitimate NFL analyst are spending time discussing this as an actual possibility.

In this day and age you find it puzzling? I almost feel the exact oppisite. Maybe she ends up being a kicker but i have a feeling this is more about a women trying break into the NFL story more then anything.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Publicity Stunt. I’m older and see it that way. No apologies.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Meh. Soccer players have a tough time staying relevant in the media. Agree above publicity stunt.

Rat

Reaction score
We brought Brian Banks in as a publicity stunt, could have seen the same thing with Lloyd since Pete likes attention, but it's too late into the process now.