49ers $30 million running back hits IR again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Based on posts from last year the 49ers will be unstoppable with the perfect back in their system. Just wondering when they plan on having him on the field.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":28cpl0hy said:
Based on posts from last year the 49ers will be unstoppable with the perfect back in their system. Just wondering when they plan on having him on the field.
They signed him because they wanted a Tevin Coleman clone. Now they have the real thing, so it's only lost money at this point, at least as far as 2019.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
REASONS I DON'T CARE:

(1) Agreed he was signed to be a Coleman clone, and now they have the real thing.
(2) Breida is a much, much better back than I think anyone realized when the signing was originally made.
(3) There's not really anybody on the team this money should have gone to instead, and I'm not sure who the FA or traded player in the last two years would be that they didn't already go after and lose out on anyway.

REASONS I DO CARE:

(1) There's still 4 million of dead money that they'll have to eat on this next year, which isn't a ton, but next year is the first year in forever that they won't have more cap space than they know what to do with, so it matters.
(2) This is yet another example of Lynch/Shanahan getting fixated on a player and being willing to pay any cost for him, which, if it continues, has MUCH bigger consequences than just this mistake.
(3) Paying this much for ANY RB is a mistake, which again, may have bigger consequences than just this mistake.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^

No team wants to be spotlighted and called out by the Player's Union as the example of not paying players their fair share during the upcoming negotiations. So ...... spending that cap money avoids sticking out like a nail for the Player's Union to hammer on. Teams can sharpen their pencils after the next CBA.

Consider what the Texans just did ................. [tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1168157870225051652[/tweet] ................ they don't want to stick out like a nail any more than anyone else.

mikeak

Reaction score
The fair share rule has a multi year provision. Being way under for a few years isn't a big deal. Look at how long Browns was under

Jville

Reaction score
mikeak":1ghed1ld said:
The fair share rule has a multi year provision. Being way under for a few years isn't a big deal. Look at how long Browns was under

True. But that CBA is going to expire soon. So .... being in a crowd with other teams is attractive going into negotiations for the next CBA.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
As long as they have Breida I don't see them having a problem , gotta say he seems very determined to get extra yardage and fights well for whatever he can
Too bad for McKinnon though
This next season is shaping up to be a 2 horse race though as both zona's and niners QB's haven't looked like game wreckers during pre-season , of course , It's just pre-season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawxfreak":89ibwfgj said:
As long as they have Breida I don't see them having a problem , gotta say he seems very determined to get extra yardage and fights well for whatever he can
Too bad for McKinnon though
This next season is shaping up to be a 2 horse race though as both zona's and niners QB's haven't looked like game wreckers during pre-season , of course , It's just pre-season
Yep, as much as I hate to say it Breida looks like the real deal.
Injuries are the crappy part of the game, sucks for McKinnon though.