A Bears fan just sent this to me.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
That's crazy. Even before the Clowney Trade.

Citing ET's departure as some kind of factor is also kinda silly since they were 8-4 in games he never saw the field.

Jville

Reaction score
May 3, 2019 article ........ must have been sent by snail mail.

I had always assumed that bears hibernated during the winter .... not the summer.

I recon this probably belongs in the [ NFL NATION ] forum.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Actually Bleacher Report is the CNN of sports journalism. Because they are literally the CNN sports department - every sports story that I've ever clicked on from cnn dot com is a link to a Bleacher Report story. Which probably explains a lot.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
Jville":5c592i5y said:
May 3, 2019 article ........ must have been sent by snail mail.

I had always assumed that bears hibernated during the winter .... not the summer.

I recon this probably belongs in the [ NFL NATION ] forum.

He hasn't watched or cared about NFL for 20 years at least, but the Bears were good last year so he is back on the bandwagon. He is still catching up.

But that is why I ask what is reality now?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Smellyman":1qiyqr2x said:
But that is why I ask what is reality now?

Ah, I missed that part. The post makes more sense now. Thanks.

I think the secondary is bad, and the secondary is what matters most for defensive performance overall. The upside of this is that for practically all players pass coverage performance is notoriously unstable from year to year, meaning that even a "bad" secondary can have a good year.

That the team last year had a better record without Thomas playing than with Thomas playing is to me meaningless: that's a story of small sample sizes, and for this type of beginning-of-the-year prediction claiming that not having Thomas shouldn't change anything doesn't make any sense to me.

I like the LBs a lot for obvious reasons, but when Kendricks ends up going to jail is obviously a question (I think there's no way that most teams would roster a guy who was already sentenced, but PC doesn't seem to care about that). I know Barton has been getting a lot of love but in the two preseason games I watched him in I seriously didn't see where that positive press was coming from. Still though, Wagner + Wright + some guy is still easily the best LB group in the division IMO.

I think Ansah being healthy is a huge variable that isn't getting talked about. If Ansah and Clowney are healthy I think Reed missing 40% of the season isn't as big of a deal as it would have been last week -- good edge pressure pushes sacks into even less talented DTs. I think of Clark and Clowney as more or less of a push, assuming Clowney stays healthy, which wasn't as much of a concern for Clark.

All in all I think Reed missing time and Ansah staying healthy more or less cancel each other out.

This is a long winded way to say I think a repeat of last year's performance (with say a +/- 4 in ranking) is a pretty reasonable expectation.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3jhgx3dg said:
Actually Bleacher Report is the CNN of sports journalism. Because they are literally the CNN sports department - every sports story that I've ever clicked on from cnn dot com is a link to a Bleacher Report story. Which probably explains a lot.
:2thumbs:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1kasr0qv said:
Bleacher report is the Fox News of sports journalism.

What is wrong with fox news? Its much closer to objective then any thing else out there in the mainstream

HawkerD

Reaction score
Ambrose83":wftimgxq said:
Sports Hernia":wftimgxq said:

What is wrong with fox news? Its much closer to objective then any thing else out there in the mainstream
Depends on your definition of "objective"

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkerD":1xyi82pw said:
Ambrose83":1xyi82pw said:
Sports Hernia":1xyi82pw said:

Depends on your definition of "objective"

They allow leftists on their shows as opposed to nothing but commies on all other stations.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Ambrose83":j8632cht said:
Sports Hernia":j8632cht said:

LMAO.

Where's that funniest .NET poster thread....

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":20prr43g said:
Ambrose83":20prr43g said:
Sports Hernia":20prr43g said:

LMAO.

Where's that funniest .NET poster thread....
The sad reality is he’s right. FOX is about as close to what a news channel was supposed to be. The other channels are extremely bad in their attempts. OAN seems pretty old school and shows promise but they haven’t quite honed in on their boundaries yet.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Look, I'm not saying that CNN or MSNBC aren't ridiculously biased, they are. Fox News is no where near the least biased, most objective news source though. NBC News, CBS News, NPR, Associated Press, Wall Street Journal, PBS News, USA Today, shit even Washington Post and New York Times are GREATLY more objective.

Most people just don't understand that op-eds and editorials aren't objective journalism. They're, for lack of a better term, propaganda.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3u0w8vpm said:
Look, I'm not saying that CNN or MSNBC aren't ridiculously biased, they are. Fox News is no where near the least biased, most objective news source though. NBC News, CBS News, NPR, Associated Press, Wall Street Journal, PBS News, USA Today, shit even Washington Post and New York Times are GREATLY more objective.

Most people just don't understand that op-eds and editorials aren't objective journalism. They're, for lack of a better term, propaganda.
That’s why I said ‘news channel’. None of them are news channels but that was their initial intention. Sad.

Oops, topic hijack. Sorry.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
[youtube]timvZTKr5HQ[/youtube]

People thinking Fox News is the least biased proves there is no hope for some

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I expect the mods to be cleaning up this PWR thread soon. What the hell are you guys doing?

McGruff

Reaction score
bmorepunk":chyowvb1 said:
I expect the mods to be cleaning up this PWR thread soon. What the hell are you guys doing?

I'm watching Fox News, duh.