Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:34 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's gonna' be odd seeing fans in the stands. Oh wait, that's because they are "faithful"

    When they are winning...……..


    I know you are trying to take a stab at Niner fandom as if the Clink would be full of loud fans had the team been as bad as SF the last four years, but honestly I don't care. LOL.

    Are Niner fans fair weather? Sure. Don't care.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:19 am
  • Washington49er wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:"Considered an upset" doesn't matter. Nor do stats, as they are based on many things beyond personnel. The tape doesn't usually lie, though, and my eyes tell me the two teams are very close. Seattle has been underrated all year.




    Eye test? What games are you watching? Lockette is elite. Metcalf, while he makes some dumb plays every now and again, is a budding superstar. Even the Seahawks third WR Brown is a threat, with his 4.4 speed. Defensively, they've dropped overall, but they still have some savvy veterans and a couple of elite talents (Wagner, Clowney), and they still manage to go on hot streaks.


    For a "49er fan" you sure sing the praises for the Seahawks.


    What? Rings Is just being real as a 9ers fan about his assessment of the opposing team's skills. I and many Hawks fans have been real about the level of competition we're up against. They are the only undefeated in the NFL right now with all but two games decided with wide margins. No, I don't want a cookie. Just keeping it real.


    I get the "keeping it real", IMHO as a 49er fan I think he and a few other 49er fans are a little over the top with their praises of the Hawks.

    It’s not praise, it’s healthy fear and paranoia. Is it praising a rattlesnake to say “Don’t pick a rattlesnake up by the tail”?

    I’ve watched a lot of them this year and they are as good as their 7-2 record, which means they are one of the best teams in the league. But above all things, they are consistent. The 49ers by contrast, are, when it comes to the best teams, entirely dependent upon whether good Jimmy or bad Jimmy shows up, because the defense may be able to crush cupcakes, but Wilson is an equalizer in that respect.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2199
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 am


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:23 am
  • The fact that you actually think our stadium is empty when they were bad says how little you know about the Hawks.
    They packed the house when they were brutal.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:24 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's gonna' be odd seeing fans in the stands. Oh wait, that's because they are "faithful"

    When they are winning...……..


    Oh you mean like 2012s? All teams have their fairweather bandwagoners including the Hawks.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1470
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:27 am
  • Keep telling yourself that. We had a packed stadium under Jim f'in Mora. Yeah, that team was brutal. There hasn't been a missed sell out in over a decade, including crap teams. F the Niners.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:28 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The fact that you actually think our stadium is empty when they were bad says how little you know about the Hawks.
    They packed the house when they were brutal.


    B.S.! I moved here in 07, I still remember fans calling out other fans because so many season ticket holders were selling their seats to other teams fans.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1470
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:29 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The fact that you actually think our stadium is empty when they were bad says how little you know about the Hawks.
    They packed the house when they were brutal.


    um...when was the last time that was put to the test?

    Second thought...ya know what? Don't answer. I don't care.

    I know this game...running out of stuff to say about the team so now you go against the fans. Have a ball.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:37 am
  • I'm so glad I have the pleasure of a 49ers fan spending all his time on a HAWKS site. You have NO clue what you are talking about. But keep acting like you do. They haven't missed a sellout in well over a decade.

    You guys spend every day on a HAWKS site. How pathetic.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:40 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm so glad I have the pleasure of a 49ers fan spending all his time on a HAWKS site. You have NO clue what you are talking about. But keep acting like you do. They haven't missed a sellout in well over a decade.

    You guys spend every day on a HAWKS site. How pathetic.


    :lol:

    Bro...Levi's Stadium has been sold out since the day it opened.

    That don't mean they are all Niner fans or that they all show up.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:49 am
  • Marvin49 wrote: :lol:

    Bro...Levi's Stadium has been sold out since the day it opened.

    That don't mean they are all Niner fans or that they all show up.

    Selling all the tickets is one thing. Having loyal fans at the games is another. You guys have had a LOT of half-empty or worse stadiums by the start of the 4th quarter...CenturyLink doesn't have that even if we're down by 20 points entering the 4th.

    GeekHawk wrote:Jesus H Christ people, can't you snip off some of the previous stuff you're replying to? I just wore out my mouse wheel scrolling past all the extraneous stuff trying to get to the gold nuggets!

    Most people are lazy jerk-offs who care about no one but themselves, so...no. Most of them can't...or rather, won't.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31667
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:52 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm so glad I have the pleasure of a 49ers fan spending all his time on a HAWKS site. You have NO clue what you are talking about. But keep acting like you do. They haven't missed a sellout in well over a decade.

    You guys spend every day on a HAWKS site. How pathetic.


    Sniffle, sniffle wow you're a meanie...LMAO
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1470
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:55 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm so glad I have the pleasure of a 49ers fan spending all his time on a HAWKS site. You have NO clue what you are talking about. But keep acting like you do. They haven't missed a sellout in well over a decade.

    You guys spend every day on a HAWKS site. How pathetic.


    :lol:

    Bro...Levi's Stadium has been sold out since the day it opened.

    That don't mean they are all Niner fans or that they all show up.


    A sellout, according to Niner fans:

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Image

    :lol:
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 pm
  • A lot of people dressed up at empty seats. So faithful. And silly me, I thought being a fan was supporting your team thru thick and thin. Clearly not in Santa Clara
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:16 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote: :lol:

    Bro...Levi's Stadium has been sold out since the day it opened.

    That don't mean they are all Niner fans or that they all show up.

    Selling all the tickets is one thing. Having loyal fans at the games is another. You guys have had a LOT of half-empty or worse stadiums by the start of the 4th quarter...CenturyLink doesn't have that even if we're down by 20 points entering the 4th.

    GeekHawk wrote:Jesus H Christ people, can't you snip off some of the previous stuff you're replying to? I just wore out my mouse wheel scrolling past all the extraneous stuff trying to get to the gold nuggets!

    Most people are lazy jerk-offs who care about no one but themselves, so...no. Most of them can't...or rather, won't.


    Honestly Roland, i don't care that much. I just think its funny that he thinks I care that much about what other niner fans do. I really don't.

    Bay Area fans are fickle in general. 2 NFL teams (for now), 2 MLB teams, Hockey, Basketball.....but we're in Northern California.

    Perfect example of what I mean: I actually work in IT. I support the CEO of my company and all of his direct reports.

    A few weeks ago he asks me, "Are the Niners for real? I stopped paying attention....should I start paying attention again?". LOL.

    I KNOW Niner fans can be fair weather. There is just way too much to do here to grab attention. Its even worse for College Sports. I myself am not fair weather and always pay attention, so why should I care what other Niner fans do?

    What I find funny is people who cling to that as some kind of crutch when they don't have anything to say (and I'm not including you in that). Is that where we've arrived? "I can't say anything about your team but I must exert superiority so let me talk about how much better us real fans are!!".

    It's comical.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:A lot of people dressed up at empty seats. So faithful. And silly me, I thought being a fan was supporting your team thru thick and thin. Clearly not in Santa Clara


    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I still don't care. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:23 pm
  • Noted :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:33 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The fact that you actually think our stadium is empty when they were bad says how little you know about the Hawks.
    They packed the house when they were brutal.


    And they coulda used the 12s to make more noise when they sucked, yet we only know of Century Link as a loud stadium since 2012.

    Why? :2thumbs:
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1913
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:34 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Keep telling yourself that. We had a packed stadium under Jim f'in Mora. Yeah, that team was brutal. There hasn't been a missed sell out in over a decade, including crap teams. F the Niners.


    Soulfish, why so aggressive lately?

    We were supposed to get drinks sometime.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1913
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:36 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm so glad I have the pleasure of a 49ers fan spending all his time on a HAWKS site. You have NO clue what you are talking about. But keep acting like you do. They haven't missed a sellout in well over a decade.

    You guys spend every day on a HAWKS site. How pathetic.


    :lol:

    Bro...Levi's Stadium has been sold out since the day it opened.

    That don't mean they are all Niner fans or that they all show up.


    A sellout, according to Niner fans:

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Image

    :lol:


    Kinda making my point for me. :D

    My point was that "sellout" means next to nothing.

    Also, FYI, and it doesn't really matter, but those are all prior to this year. I can tell by the font in the endzone. Doesn't really make a difference RE the point, but hated that old font. :)

    New this year...
    Image
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:40 pm
  • NINEster wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:The fact that you actually think our stadium is empty when they were bad says how little you know about the Hawks.
    They packed the house when they were brutal.


    And they coulda used the 12s to make more noise when they sucked, yet we only know of Century Link as a loud stadium since 2012.

    Why? :2thumbs:


    Only since 2012? In 2006, the Giants went whining to the NFL about our crowd noise because they had been assessed 11 false start penalties against us in a 2005 game at the Clink.

    http://old.seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2003266666_hawk20.html

    But don't worry, I know you only bring up 2012 because of your goldfish memory.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:01 pm
  • LOL in the 1970's the teams were complaining about our crowd noise in the Kingdome and tried to institute rules to make the crowd quiet.

    Don't tell us about Crowd noise here, it has always been here, it was at Husky Stadium when the Clink was being built as well.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31524
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:12 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:LOL in the 1970's the teams were complaining about our crowd noise in the Kingdome and tried to institute rules to make the crowd quiet.

    Don't tell us about Crowd noise here, it has always been here, it was at Husky Stadium when the Clink was being built as well.


    I actually remember that.

    Didn't in the 80's they actually called a penalty if the offense couldn't hear? I seem to remember that short lived rule.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:19 pm
  • We will get drinks. The Niners bring out the ugly side of me :lol:
    Next week, I'll be back to normal. Well, sort of. And come on, only Century Link? The Kingdome was unreal loud, even when the team was pathetic bad.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:20 pm
  • The Seahawks have a consecutive sellout streak dating back to 2003.

    The Niners have a consecutive sellout streak dating back to 2018.

    It makes sense though, The Hawks have 4 losing seasons in 16 years. The Niners have 13 losing seasons in 16 years.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2506
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:22 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:I KNOW Niner fans can be fair weather. There is just way too much to do here to grab attention. Its even worse for College Sports. I myself am not fair weather and always pay attention, so why should I care what other Niner fans do?

    What I find funny is people who cling to that as some kind of crutch when they don't have anything to say (and I'm not including you in that). Is that where we've arrived? "I can't say anything about your team but I must exert superiority so let me talk about how much better us real fans are!!".

    It's comical.


    You do realize that no one was talking about other teams fans until Washington49er started in with his "2012's" schtick for like the 17th time?

    I mean, at some point people are going to start responding to that. Especially coming from a fan of a team that has had half empty stadiums for the past several years.

    Like I said in the Shack in response to his "2012's" schtick, if there's one fan base that should probably simmer down with the bandwagon/fair weather fan talk, it's the 49er fan base considering their very recent history of not showing up to support the team the second the team took a turn for the worse and then hopping right back on that bandwagon they so recently abandoned the second the team started winning again.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3455
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:22 pm
  • Damn you with your facts :lol:
    17th straight year of sellouts, and that included that crap Mora(n) team. But yeah, we only came out of the woodwork.
    Um, the Hawks made the Super Bowl 3 times in 10 seasons, and were one play from back to back titles. And we all know what happened in XL.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:27 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I KNOW Niner fans can be fair weather. There is just way too much to do here to grab attention. Its even worse for College Sports. I myself am not fair weather and always pay attention, so why should I care what other Niner fans do?

    What I find funny is people who cling to that as some kind of crutch when they don't have anything to say (and I'm not including you in that). Is that where we've arrived? "I can't say anything about your team but I must exert superiority so let me talk about how much better us real fans are!!".

    It's comical.


    You do realize that no one was talking about other teams fans until Washington49er started in with his "2012's" schtick for like the 17th time?

    I mean, at some point people are going to start responding to that. Especially coming from a fan of a team that has had half empty stadiums for the past several years.

    Like I said in the Shack in response to his "2012's" schtick, if there's one fan base that should probably simmer down with the bandwagon/fair weather fan talk, it's the 49er fan base considering their very recent history of not showing up to support the team the second the team took a turn for the worse and then hopping right back on that bandwagon they so recently abandoned the second the team started winning again.


    M'Kay...

    1) So, to be clear, this is what I responded to...

    "It's gonna' be odd seeing fans in the stands. Oh wait, that's because they are "faithful"

    When they are winning...…….."


    Also, don't act like the lack of people at Niner games isn;t a recurring talking point. LOL. Thats disingenuous.

    2) I am not and will not be responsible for the behavior of OTHER Niner fans in this forum any more than you are for other Seahawks fans.

    3) I HAVE called him out when he went over the line. He didn't like it, and told me so. I don't care. This ain't over the line.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:29 pm
  • Go Hawks?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Go Hawks?


    I mean honestly, I started the thread to be about the game and injury reports, not respective fanbases.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:42 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I KNOW Niner fans can be fair weather. There is just way too much to do here to grab attention. Its even worse for College Sports. I myself am not fair weather and always pay attention, so why should I care what other Niner fans do?

    What I find funny is people who cling to that as some kind of crutch when they don't have anything to say (and I'm not including you in that). Is that where we've arrived? "I can't say anything about your team but I must exert superiority so let me talk about how much better us real fans are!!".

    It's comical.


    You do realize that no one was talking about other teams fans until Washington49er started in with his "2012's" schtick for like the 17th time?

    I mean, at some point people are going to start responding to that. Especially coming from a fan of a team that has had half empty stadiums for the past several years.

    Like I said in the Shack in response to his "2012's" schtick, if there's one fan base that should probably simmer down with the bandwagon/fair weather fan talk, it's the 49er fan base considering their very recent history of not showing up to support the team the second the team took a turn for the worse and then hopping right back on that bandwagon they so recently abandoned the second the team started winning again.


    Them not showing up in '14 wasn't just because they weren't winning. A lot had to do with fans feeling like they'd coughed up big to get worse seats in Santa Clara, and then being "rewarded" with a sterile stadium as well as yes, being insulted by a bad product. Jed's narcissism further alienated many fans and would-be fans. I think hes still like that, but that his mom who actually does own the 9ers put him in the time-out chair. Now that five years have passed since that and the bad feelings about the Santa Clara move, you're seeing more of those legacy fans--fans who didn't jump but just stopped watching--now tuning in. The seats I got for $150 in 2017 to watch the Hawks are now upwards of $400 apiece. I don't know anyone who can afford to drop a grand on a game, but there obviously are many.

    Tl;dr: Factors outside of winning impact who goes to a game. An owner acts like a dildo, you're more likely to want to stick it to him.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4772
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 pm
  • I suspect this game goes down to the wire. Have felt all year it will be a home and home split. And the 49ers should clearly be the favorite, especially being a home game.
    But, I don't agree at all with how many people act like the Hawks have no shot at winning this game. :roll:
    In what world does a team with Wilson, Carson, Lockett and DK on offense not have a chance?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:46 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I suspect this game goes down to the wire. Have felt all year it will be a home and home split. But I don't agree at all with how many people act like the Hawks have no shot at winning this game. :roll:


    I don't either.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:49 pm
  • And even if the game was in Seattle, I'd still be plenty nervous. They have a shot IF they play their best game of the year. Just like the Niners will have a shot in Seattle if they do the same.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:57 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I KNOW Niner fans can be fair weather. There is just way too much to do here to grab attention. Its even worse for College Sports. I myself am not fair weather and always pay attention, so why should I care what other Niner fans do?

    What I find funny is people who cling to that as some kind of crutch when they don't have anything to say (and I'm not including you in that). Is that where we've arrived? "I can't say anything about your team but I must exert superiority so let me talk about how much better us real fans are!!".

    It's comical.


    You do realize that no one was talking about other teams fans until Washington49er started in with his "2012's" schtick for like the 17th time?

    I mean, at some point people are going to start responding to that. Especially coming from a fan of a team that has had half empty stadiums for the past several years.

    Like I said in the Shack in response to his "2012's" schtick, if there's one fan base that should probably simmer down with the bandwagon/fair weather fan talk, it's the 49er fan base considering their very recent history of not showing up to support the team the second the team took a turn for the worse and then hopping right back on that bandwagon they so recently abandoned the second the team started winning again.


    Them not showing up in '14 wasn't just because they weren't winning. A lot had to do with fans feeling like they'd coughed up big to get worse seats in Santa Clara, and then being "rewarded" with a sterile stadium as well as yes, being insulted by a bad product. Jed's narcissism further alienated many fans and would-be fans. I think hes still like that, but that his mom who actually does own the 9ers put him in the time-out chair. Now that five years have passed since that and the bad feelings about the Santa Clara move, you're seeing more of those legacy fans--fans who didn't jump but just stopped watching--now tuning in. The seats I got for $150 in 2017 to watch the Hawks are now upwards of $400 apiece. I don't know anyone who can afford to drop a grand on a game, but there obviously are many.

    Tl;dr: Factors outside of winning impact who goes to a game. An owner acts like a dildo, you're more likely to want to stick it to him.


    I think you are largely right, but the sterile thing (and I think you are right about perception) is just the dumbest thing I've heard (again, not your pointing it out, but the perception in the first place). The people who said that are people who longed for the experience of Candlestick. That building was a heap from the day it was built.

    It was the HISTORY of that building that made it. It was the Nostalgia.

    I'll love that place till my dying day, but it had NOTHING to do with the structure.

    Levi's is 1000 times the building Candlestick was. What it lacks is everything Candlestick had...HISTORY.

    All Levi's needs is a winner. Thats it. It needs meaningful postseason games. It needs memories forged in the building. That's it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:00 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And even if the game was in Seattle, I'd still be plenty nervous. They have a shot IF they play their best game of the year. Just like the Niners will have a shot in Seattle if they do the same.


    I think the 49ers reasonably should beat the Seahawks handily if you were symply to break down the numbers on the individual opposing units.

    The problem is that games aren't played that way. Wilson is a HUGE X-Factor and has it in his ability to defy rankings.

    It doesn't matter that the 49ers are on a historic pace for Pass D. Thats Wilson over there. 22TDs, 1 INT, leader for MVP.

    I've been burned by that guy WAY, WAY too often to underestimate him.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:02 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:LOL in the 1970's the teams were complaining about our crowd noise in the Kingdome and tried to institute rules to make the crowd quiet.

    Don't tell us about Crowd noise here, it has always been here, it was at Husky Stadium when the Clink was being built as well.


    I actually remember that.

    Didn't in the 80's they actually called a penalty if the offense couldn't hear? I seem to remember that short lived rule.


    Yeah, it was against the Broncos and Elway tried to calm the crowd at one point, you can imagine how that worked out, I think we got a couple flags and they said screw it and played thru, didn't happen much after that or at least to that level. The 12th man really flipped the NFL off that day as well as Elway.

    I can remember our players just kind of laughing and some actually encouraging the fans to get louder and Knox with his arms crossed in his fashion .
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31524
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:04 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I KNOW Niner fans can be fair weather. There is just way too much to do here to grab attention. Its even worse for College Sports. I myself am not fair weather and always pay attention, so why should I care what other Niner fans do?

    What I find funny is people who cling to that as some kind of crutch when they don't have anything to say (and I'm not including you in that). Is that where we've arrived? "I can't say anything about your team but I must exert superiority so let me talk about how much better us real fans are!!".

    It's comical.


    You do realize that no one was talking about other teams fans until Washington49er started in with his "2012's" schtick for like the 17th time?

    I mean, at some point people are going to start responding to that. Especially coming from a fan of a team that has had half empty stadiums for the past several years.

    Like I said in the Shack in response to his "2012's" schtick, if there's one fan base that should probably simmer down with the bandwagon/fair weather fan talk, it's the 49er fan base considering their very recent history of not showing up to support the team the second the team took a turn for the worse and then hopping right back on that bandwagon they so recently abandoned the second the team started winning again.


    M'Kay...

    1) So, to be clear, this is what I responded to...

    "It's gonna' be odd seeing fans in the stands. Oh wait, that's because they are "faithful"

    When they are winning...…….."


    Fair enough.

    Also, don't act like the lack of people at Niner games isn;t a recurring talking point. LOL. Thats disingenuous.

    Sure, and don't act like Washington49er hasn't been taking his "2012's" schtick all over the board lately. LOL. That's disingenuous.

    2) I am not and will not be responsible for the behavior of OTHER Niner fans in this forum any more than you are for other Seahawks fans.

    Yeah, no $h!t. In what way do you feel you're being held responsible for the behavior of other 9er fans?

    3) I HAVE called him out when he went over the line. He didn't like it, and told me so. I don't care. This ain't over the line.

    I never said anything was over the line. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3455
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:08 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I KNOW Niner fans can be fair weather. There is just way too much to do here to grab attention. Its even worse for College Sports. I myself am not fair weather and always pay attention, so why should I care what other Niner fans do?

    What I find funny is people who cling to that as some kind of crutch when they don't have anything to say (and I'm not including you in that). Is that where we've arrived? "I can't say anything about your team but I must exert superiority so let me talk about how much better us real fans are!!".

    It's comical.


    You do realize that no one was talking about other teams fans until Washington49er started in with his "2012's" schtick for like the 17th time?

    I mean, at some point people are going to start responding to that. Especially coming from a fan of a team that has had half empty stadiums for the past several years.

    Like I said in the Shack in response to his "2012's" schtick, if there's one fan base that should probably simmer down with the bandwagon/fair weather fan talk, it's the 49er fan base considering their very recent history of not showing up to support the team the second the team took a turn for the worse and then hopping right back on that bandwagon they so recently abandoned the second the team started winning again.


    M'Kay...

    1) So, to be clear, this is what I responded to...

    "It's gonna' be odd seeing fans in the stands. Oh wait, that's because they are "faithful"

    When they are winning...…….."


    Fair enough.

    Also, don't act like the lack of people at Niner games isn;t a recurring talking point. LOL. Thats disingenuous.

    Sure, and don't act like Washington49er hasn't been taking his "2012's" schtick all over the board lately. LOL. That's disingenuous.

    2) I am not and will not be responsible for the behavior of OTHER Niner fans in this forum any more than you are for other Seahawks fans.

    Yeah, no $h!t. In what way do you feel you're being held responsible for the behavior of other 9er fans?

    3) I HAVE called him out when he went over the line. He didn't like it, and told me so. I don't care. This ain't over the line.

    I never said anything was over the line. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯



    So...when I'm wrong I admit I'm wrong.

    :D

    I misinterpreted your message to say that Niner fans weren't stepping in when another Niner fan is misbehaving.

    My bad. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:16 pm
  • Marv, just wondering, can you honestly say Hawks fans are trying to derail this thread harder than Washington Whiner? That guy is a troll through and through. He even attacks you.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:22 pm
  • I don't even feel like he's misbehaving, per se. I just feel like he's making himself look like a huge fool trying to call out another fan base for being bandwagon/fair weather fans considering his own fan bases very, very recent history.

    FTR, I have never brought up the empty seats thing except in response to this exact type of thing.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3455
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:24 pm
  • FYI

    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:25 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Marv, just wondering, can you honestly say Hawks fans are trying to derail this thread harder than Washington Whiner? That guy is a troll through and through. He even attacks you.


    No.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:31 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I KNOW Niner fans can be fair weather. There is just way too much to do here to grab attention. Its even worse for College Sports. I myself am not fair weather and always pay attention, so why should I care what other Niner fans do?

    What I find funny is people who cling to that as some kind of crutch when they don't have anything to say (and I'm not including you in that). Is that where we've arrived? "I can't say anything about your team but I must exert superiority so let me talk about how much better us real fans are!!".

    It's comical.


    You do realize that no one was talking about other teams fans until Washington49er started in with his "2012's" schtick for like the 17th time?

    I mean, at some point people are going to start responding to that. Especially coming from a fan of a team that has had half empty stadiums for the past several years.

    Like I said in the Shack in response to his "2012's" schtick, if there's one fan base that should probably simmer down with the bandwagon/fair weather fan talk, it's the 49er fan base considering their very recent history of not showing up to support the team the second the team took a turn for the worse and then hopping right back on that bandwagon they so recently abandoned the second the team started winning again.


    Them not showing up in '14 wasn't just because they weren't winning. A lot had to do with fans feeling like they'd coughed up big to get worse seats in Santa Clara, and then being "rewarded" with a sterile stadium as well as yes, being insulted by a bad product. Jed's narcissism further alienated many fans and would-be fans. I think hes still like that, but that his mom who actually does own the 9ers put him in the time-out chair. Now that five years have passed since that and the bad feelings about the Santa Clara move, you're seeing more of those legacy fans--fans who didn't jump but just stopped watching--now tuning in. The seats I got for $150 in 2017 to watch the Hawks are now upwards of $400 apiece. I don't know anyone who can afford to drop a grand on a game, but there obviously are many.

    Tl;dr: Factors outside of winning impact who goes to a game. An owner acts like a dildo, you're more likely to want to stick it to him.


    I think you are largely right, but the sterile thing (and I think you are right about perception) is just the dumbest thing I've heard (again, not your pointing it out, but the perception in the first place). The people who said that are people who longed for the experience of Candlestick. That building was a heap from the day it was built.

    It was the HISTORY of that building that made it. It was the Nostalgia.

    I'll love that place till my dying day, but it had NOTHING to do with the structure.

    Levi's is 1000 times the building Candlestick was. What it lacks is everything Candlestick had...HISTORY.

    All Levi's needs is a winner. Thats it. It needs meaningful postseason games. It needs memories forged in the building. That's it.


    Stadiums have a "breaking in period" but still, Levi's totally underperformed as an entertainment venue opposed to say AT&T (or I guess Oracle now) in SF. Alcohol is plentiful at SC. If you actually want food to go with that, the choices are more limited than a vending machine. Good luck if your kids want a teddy bear or T-shirt, last I went there there was one souvenir shop KEEPING PEOPLE OUT IN A LINE so they wouldn't exceed fire code.

    The obstacles in even driving to this location let alone tailgating there are well documented. The parking pass rates are insane.

    Just pompous and unnecessary aspects that reinforced that the ownership didn't care about the "ordinary" fans.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4772
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:40 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    You do realize that no one was talking about other teams fans until Washington49er started in with his "2012's" schtick for like the 17th time?

    I mean, at some point people are going to start responding to that. Especially coming from a fan of a team that has had half empty stadiums for the past several years.

    Like I said in the Shack in response to his "2012's" schtick, if there's one fan base that should probably simmer down with the bandwagon/fair weather fan talk, it's the 49er fan base considering their very recent history of not showing up to support the team the second the team took a turn for the worse and then hopping right back on that bandwagon they so recently abandoned the second the team started winning again.


    Them not showing up in '14 wasn't just because they weren't winning. A lot had to do with fans feeling like they'd coughed up big to get worse seats in Santa Clara, and then being "rewarded" with a sterile stadium as well as yes, being insulted by a bad product. Jed's narcissism further alienated many fans and would-be fans. I think hes still like that, but that his mom who actually does own the 9ers put him in the time-out chair. Now that five years have passed since that and the bad feelings about the Santa Clara move, you're seeing more of those legacy fans--fans who didn't jump but just stopped watching--now tuning in. The seats I got for $150 in 2017 to watch the Hawks are now upwards of $400 apiece. I don't know anyone who can afford to drop a grand on a game, but there obviously are many.

    Tl;dr: Factors outside of winning impact who goes to a game. An owner acts like a dildo, you're more likely to want to stick it to him.


    I think you are largely right, but the sterile thing (and I think you are right about perception) is just the dumbest thing I've heard (again, not your pointing it out, but the perception in the first place). The people who said that are people who longed for the experience of Candlestick. That building was a heap from the day it was built.

    It was the HISTORY of that building that made it. It was the Nostalgia.

    I'll love that place till my dying day, but it had NOTHING to do with the structure.

    Levi's is 1000 times the building Candlestick was. What it lacks is everything Candlestick had...HISTORY.

    All Levi's needs is a winner. Thats it. It needs meaningful postseason games. It needs memories forged in the building. That's it.


    Stadiums have a "breaking in period" but still, Levi's totally underperformed as an entertainment venue opposed to say AT&T (or I guess Oracle now) in SF. Alcohol is plentiful at SC. If you actually want food to go with that, the choices are more limited than a vending machine. Good luck if your kids want a teddy bear or T-shirt, last I went there there was one souvenir shop KEEPING PEOPLE OUT IN A LINE so they wouldn't exceed fire code.

    Just pompous and unnecessary aspects that reinforced that the ownership didn't care about the "ordinary" fans.


    uh...first bolded....what? That's false.

    Second bolded, yeah, just that little shop, but there is a huge team store at the other gate by Tasman. There are also small souvenir stands in the outside ring of the main concourse.

    As for food choices....not sure what yer talking about. This doesn't even cover everything. Just the spot by my seat in second deck has Burgers, Hot Dogs, Pulled Pork Sandwitch, Brisket Sandwitch, Pretzel, Popcorn, Candy...etc

    My only complaint honestly in that regard is that every single time I go to the stadium, the person taking my order has never used the machine before. I mean I would thik that just statistically that wouldn't be possible, but every single time, I'm standing there as this person figures out the register. LOL.
    Image

    Image
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:46 pm
  • Image
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2700
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:47 pm
  • So now the Stadiums are gonna' start talking $h!t to each other about food selections
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:54 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:So now the Stadiums are gonna' start talking $h!t to each other about food selections


    My cuisine is better than your cuisine damn it. You best recognize!!

    :lol:
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:04 pm
  • But I'm in Seattle. All we have here is Rain, Sushi, Coffee, Grunge and Computers.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:38 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:But I'm in Seattle. All we have here is Rain, Sushi, Coffee, Grunge and Computers.


    Apples. You forgot about apples.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:45 pm
  • And sleepless in Seattle, people on bikes and half the city is homeless and/or stoned on legal weed.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online