Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:45 pm
  • Image
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1165
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:51 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    knownone wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    M'Kay,

    Not gonna say he played WELL, but I dunno how you can watch the game and not see that the drops had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the game.

    They were drive extenders. One was an INT that gave Seattle the ball near the 20 (Bourne). One would have given the 49ers a 1st and goal and they ended up settling for a FG (Bourne). Another would have been a HUGE completion over the middle with room to run (Samuel). One would have extended a drive at the beginning of the game (Goodwin). Two more would have been a huge 3rd down conversions (Pettis and Juszczyk).

    Time and time again drops KILLED them last night.

    Now, at the end of the game he certainly made some poor throws that LBs dropped. No defense of him there, but without the OTHER drops, they are never even in that position.

    I take nothing away from Seattle. They deserved it more than SF did. ther eis no question...but don't sit here and tell me that the drops didn't have anything to do with it. They were HUGE.

    The drops absolutely had an impact on the game, for sure, but that's a two sided coin. For instance, I could sit here and find examples of mistakes by the Hawks that would have changed the game as well. Like the fairly benign 50/50 penalty that negated Griffin's interception, or Metcalf's two huge first down drops, and his fumble on the two yard line, etc...

    I think the Hawks played poorly on offense. I think Wilson had one of his worst games of the season and struggled for large stretches of the game. Most of our struggles were because the 49ers defense dominated our offensive line. Things could have gone better in certain aspects, absolutely, but at the end of the day, I place the onus on Wilson to get things done. Seriously, we were fortunate to come away with a win. Wilson's fumble for a touchdown and his INT in OT were game changing plays and largely on him. In spite of all the mistakes that were outside of his control, I still think Wilson still needed to play better. That's the burden of being the QB.

    What I'm seeing from Niners fans (not necessarily you) seems like the opposite reaction. Instead of acknowledging he struggled, they are protecting him (or themselves) by blaming everything else that went wrong to justify his struggles. The offensive line, the receivers, injuries, etc... Those things are going to happen, and if your QB can't adapt through adversity, then he might not be who you think he is. That's more of generality than specifically relating to Jimmy.

    I personally don't place much significance on one game to determine how good a QB a player is. I said way back in week 5 that I didn't know what to make of Jimmy G because we haven't seen what he can do when a defense takes away his running game and forces him to play from behind. I knew this game was coming eventually. No QB is immune to adversity for his entire career. From my perspective, this was an expected occurrence from a young QB on a great team, so much so that I predicted (roughly) what would happen in the prediction thread.

    I think the Seahawks will slow down the Niners rushing attack and Jimmy G will move the ball up and down the field but fail to convert TDs consistently. This could be the Seahawks most productive day rushing the passer.


    He got his first real test of playoff football and both he and the offense struggled. This is not an indictment on Garoppolo or the Niners chances. This a small bump in the road that Jimmy needs to experience and bounce back from in order to prove to himself that he belongs out there. These fairy-tales about drops and injuries are just things we tell ourselves to feel better about our chances. History doesn't care about young guys who drop passes, or players getting injured at inopportune times. History cares about outcomes, and ultimately, the Niners will only go as far as Jimmy takes them. The rest is just noise.


    So I'd answer that two ways....

    1) Mostly fair
    2) I think your expectation is that regardless of the players around him, you expect the QB to succeed. Thats built by watching Wilson play day in and day out for a long time.

    That ain't the way it works on all teams.

    You are right, history won't tell that story, but it really doesn't matter what history says. Football isn't played in a history book. The FACTS are that on MULTIPLE occasions last night, Jimmy Garoppolo put the ball on receivers hands and they flat dropped it. Worse yet, on three occasions, the intended target knocked it into the air to get picked off or nearly so.

    That IS on those receivers. That is NOT on Jimmy.

    I keep reading that he "could have been picked off 5 times". Three of those passes were tipped into the air. How is that on Jimmy?

    He did however make some poor throws independent of those passes. That's not even an argument and I'm not defending them. If you had seen Wilson passes getting knocked straight up into the air or dropped on crucial third downs as Niner fans did last night, you would be here making the EXACT same argument.

    Now, does that mean I think that was the only factor? Not even a little bit. I'm not trying to absolve Jimmy of all responsibility. What I am saying is that its never quite as bad or quite as good as you think it is. This is a good example.

    Being down Kittle and Sanders made a huge difference on the Niner performance. Now does that mean I think they win if those passes are caught? I can't say that because at that point its an entirely different game.

    We get it Marv, nothing is Crapollo’s fault In your world, ever. #10 has never thrown a pick that was his fault in your mind. You make excuses for GQ like the excuses you made for the Kraepper. Keep polishing those turds and expecting them to turn into gold.

    His tipped balls were because he was missing high, see inaccuracy.
    Wagner and KJ Wright dropped balls that hit them squarely in the hands.

    Jimmy will be Kraepper 2.0 minus the foot speed, and cannon for an arm. #10 has been exposed.


    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:59 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:I saw two evenly matched teams playing a hard fought game. A few bounces one way or another, or a call here or not here and it could change a lot. Seahawks had two red zone turnovers otherwise it would have been higher scoring. 49ers had turnovers in their own side of the field which led to 21 points. Calls favoured the 49ers. Some questionable calls . 49ers had the edge on defense coming in but Clowney played his best game of the year and evened it out. Russell was Russell when it mattered most. 49ers were missing some key players but Seahawks had injuries too. These teams are very even, that’s why it came down to the last second and could very well have been a tie. We can argue until we are blue in the face who is the better team but the truth is they are pretty equal .

    An opposing fan of reason!
    Well done sir.. :irishdrinkers:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5412
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:21 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    knownone wrote:The drops absolutely had an impact on the game, for sure, but that's a two sided coin. For instance, I could sit here and find examples of mistakes by the Hawks that would have changed the game as well. Like the fairly benign 50/50 penalty that negated Griffin's interception, or Metcalf's two huge first down drops, and his fumble on the two yard line, etc...

    I think the Hawks played poorly on offense. I think Wilson had one of his worst games of the season and struggled for large stretches of the game. Most of our struggles were because the 49ers defense dominated our offensive line. Things could have gone better in certain aspects, absolutely, but at the end of the day, I place the onus on Wilson to get things done. Seriously, we were fortunate to come away with a win. Wilson's fumble for a touchdown and his INT in OT were game changing plays and largely on him. In spite of all the mistakes that were outside of his control, I still think Wilson still needed to play better. That's the burden of being the QB.

    What I'm seeing from Niners fans (not necessarily you) seems like the opposite reaction. Instead of acknowledging he struggled, they are protecting him (or themselves) by blaming everything else that went wrong to justify his struggles. The offensive line, the receivers, injuries, etc... Those things are going to happen, and if your QB can't adapt through adversity, then he might not be who you think he is. That's more of generality than specifically relating to Jimmy.

    I personally don't place much significance on one game to determine how good a QB a player is. I said way back in week 5 that I didn't know what to make of Jimmy G because we haven't seen what he can do when a defense takes away his running game and forces him to play from behind. I knew this game was coming eventually. No QB is immune to adversity for his entire career. From my perspective, this was an expected occurrence from a young QB on a great team, so much so that I predicted (roughly) what would happen in the prediction thread.



    He got his first real test of playoff football and both he and the offense struggled. This is not an indictment on Garoppolo or the Niners chances. This a small bump in the road that Jimmy needs to experience and bounce back from in order to prove to himself that he belongs out there. These fairy-tales about drops and injuries are just things we tell ourselves to feel better about our chances. History doesn't care about young guys who drop passes, or players getting injured at inopportune times. History cares about outcomes, and ultimately, the Niners will only go as far as Jimmy takes them. The rest is just noise.


    So I'd answer that two ways....

    1) Mostly fair
    2) I think your expectation is that regardless of the players around him, you expect the QB to succeed. Thats built by watching Wilson play day in and day out for a long time.

    That ain't the way it works on all teams.

    You are right, history won't tell that story, but it really doesn't matter what history says. Football isn't played in a history book. The FACTS are that on MULTIPLE occasions last night, Jimmy Garoppolo put the ball on receivers hands and they flat dropped it. Worse yet, on three occasions, the intended target knocked it into the air to get picked off or nearly so.

    That IS on those receivers. That is NOT on Jimmy.

    I keep reading that he "could have been picked off 5 times". Three of those passes were tipped into the air. How is that on Jimmy?

    He did however make some poor throws independent of those passes. That's not even an argument and I'm not defending them. If you had seen Wilson passes getting knocked straight up into the air or dropped on crucial third downs as Niner fans did last night, you would be here making the EXACT same argument.

    Now, does that mean I think that was the only factor? Not even a little bit. I'm not trying to absolve Jimmy of all responsibility. What I am saying is that its never quite as bad or quite as good as you think it is. This is a good example.

    Being down Kittle and Sanders made a huge difference on the Niner performance. Now does that mean I think they win if those passes are caught? I can't say that because at that point its an entirely different game.

    We get it Marv, nothing is Crapollo’s fault In your world, ever. #10 has never thrown a pick that was his fault in your mind. You make excuses for GQ like the excuses you made for the Kraepper. Keep polishing those turds and expecting them to turn into gold.

    His tipped balls were because he was missing high, see inaccuracy.
    Wagner and KJ Wright dropped balls that hit them squarely in the hands.

    Jimmy will be Kraepper 2.0 minus the foot speed, and cannon for an arm. #10 has been exposed.


    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.

    Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28809
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:23 pm
  • I sit here at 2:20pm on Tuesday and have just scrolled through all 9 pages, I am sure glad we won last night.

    That is all, GO HAWKS :49ersmall: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3540
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am
    Location: South Seattle


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:23 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Image

    LOL! :2thumbs:
    You better be careful or Marvin might stomp his feet and get all red faced.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28809
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    So I'd answer that two ways....

    1) Mostly fair
    2) I think your expectation is that regardless of the players around him, you expect the QB to succeed. Thats built by watching Wilson play day in and day out for a long time.

    That ain't the way it works on all teams.

    You are right, history won't tell that story, but it really doesn't matter what history says. Football isn't played in a history book. The FACTS are that on MULTIPLE occasions last night, Jimmy Garoppolo put the ball on receivers hands and they flat dropped it. Worse yet, on three occasions, the intended target knocked it into the air to get picked off or nearly so.

    That IS on those receivers. That is NOT on Jimmy.

    I keep reading that he "could have been picked off 5 times". Three of those passes were tipped into the air. How is that on Jimmy?

    He did however make some poor throws independent of those passes. That's not even an argument and I'm not defending them. If you had seen Wilson passes getting knocked straight up into the air or dropped on crucial third downs as Niner fans did last night, you would be here making the EXACT same argument.

    Now, does that mean I think that was the only factor? Not even a little bit. I'm not trying to absolve Jimmy of all responsibility. What I am saying is that its never quite as bad or quite as good as you think it is. This is a good example.

    Being down Kittle and Sanders made a huge difference on the Niner performance. Now does that mean I think they win if those passes are caught? I can't say that because at that point its an entirely different game.

    We get it Marv, nothing is Crapollo’s fault In your world, ever. #10 has never thrown a pick that was his fault in your mind. You make excuses for GQ like the excuses you made for the Kraepper. Keep polishing those turds and expecting them to turn into gold.

    His tipped balls were because he was missing high, see inaccuracy.
    Wagner and KJ Wright dropped balls that hit them squarely in the hands.

    Jimmy will be Kraepper 2.0 minus the foot speed, and cannon for an arm. #10 has been exposed.


    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.

    Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:26 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.


    You don't read much of NINEster's drivel, do you?

    Also, unrelated to football, I suggest you read anything posted by fender in the Shack or Lounge to see the TRUE master of the strawman argument.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:30 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.


    You don't read much of NINEster's drivel, do you?

    Also, unrelated to football, I suggest you read anything posted by fender in the Shack or Lounge to see the TRUE master of the strawman argument.


    LOL.

    Nah...NINEster typically not targeting me, so rarely respond.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:32 pm
  • ....adding injury to insult.

    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:39 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:....adding injury to insult.



    Both teams came out of it banged up, but I didn't get the feeling it was a dirty game. Honestly just felt like both teams would rather leave injured than with a loss.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:41 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:....adding injury to insult.



    Both teams came out of it banged up, but I didn't get the feeling it was a dirty game. Honestly just felt like both teams would rather leave injured than with a loss.


    Nah...wasn't dirty. I agree with you.

    Just frustrating to be unable to get through a game and get some guys back without losing someone else.

    Just nature of the NFL I guess, but sure feels like Niners have been hit pretty hard with the injury stick three years running.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:48 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:....adding injury to insult.



    Both teams came out of it banged up, but I didn't get the feeling it was a dirty game. Honestly just felt like both teams would rather leave injured than with a loss.


    Nah...wasn't dirty. I agree with you.

    Just frustrating to be unable to get through a game and get some guys back without losing someone else.

    Just nature of the NFL I guess, but sure feels like Niners have been hit pretty hard with the injury stick three years running.


    Having your bye so early doesn't help, either. I hate any bye before week 6. This year's bye couldn't come at a better time for the Hawks.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:56 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:....adding injury to insult.



    or perhaps adding injury to insult?
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20307
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:....adding injury to insult.



    or perhaps adding injury to insult?


    That's.....what I said..... :lol:
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:03 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:So I'd answer that two ways....

    1) Mostly fair
    2) I think your expectation is that regardless of the players around him, you expect the QB to succeed. Thats built by watching Wilson play day in and day out for a long time.

    That ain't the way it works on all teams.

    You are right, history won't tell that story, but it really doesn't matter what history says. Football isn't played in a history book. The FACTS are that on MULTIPLE occasions last night, Jimmy Garoppolo put the ball on receivers hands and they flat dropped it. Worse yet, on three occasions, the intended target knocked it into the air to get picked off or nearly so.

    That IS on those receivers. That is NOT on Jimmy.

    I keep reading that he "could have been picked off 5 times". Three of those passes were tipped into the air. How is that on Jimmy?

    He did however make some poor throws independent of those passes. That's not even an argument and I'm not defending them. If you had seen Wilson passes getting knocked straight up into the air or dropped on crucial third downs as Niner fans did last night, you would be here making the EXACT same argument.

    Now, does that mean I think that was the only factor? Not even a little bit. I'm not trying to absolve Jimmy of all responsibility. What I am saying is that its never quite as bad or quite as good as you think it is. This is a good example.

    Being down Kittle and Sanders made a huge difference on the Niner performance. Now does that mean I think they win if those passes are caught? I can't say that because at that point its an entirely different game.

    2) Kind of... As someone in a leadership position from a professional stand point, I place the burden on leadership to elevate the people around them regardless of the circumstances surrounding the situation. I don't expect them to succeed 100% of the time, but I do hold them and myself accountable when things don't succeed. Most importantly, I don't want to hear someone blame the people underneath them for why they failed to get things done.

    a. I grew up an Eagles fan watching extremely talented teams get derailed by QB's who couldn't perform when it matters. In fact, I watched the greatest defense ever constructed (1991 Eagles) fail to make the playoffs because our QB's were so bad they literally had 10 more interceptions than TD passes (17 TDs, 27 Ints). We damn near gave up more TDs on offense that season than on defense.

    b. I'm thankful for Wilson, but he's an anomaly from a QB perspective and not the barometer with which I judge all QBs. I try to judge QBs by what I've seen from other great QBs with a similar style of play and by the qualities those guys possess. Now, I don't expect a guy in his 19th start to be at their level, but it does give me an idea of what type of QB they are or can become.

    In SB XLIX, Seattle lost their best pass rusher and slot corner to injury mid way through the 2nd quarter. Before those injuries Brady had a QB rating of about 70, after those injuries his QB rating was well above 110. You know what 99% of people blame the outcome of the game on? A RW goal-line pass. Facts don't change outcomes, they assuage the medium between your expectations and reality.

    That's what I mean when I say history doesn't care. Think about it: If last nights game was a playoff game and your season ended, then you'd have a ton of people to blame, but ultimately Jimmy's performance had the highest potential impact on your chance of winning. These moments are finite, there is no guarantee you'll ever have another opportunity like them again.

    As for the whole 5 int thing...

    Here's the thing, let's remove bias from the equation and look at his Total QBR of 15.7 out of a possible 100. You may say 'that's on his receivers dropping the ball', but Total QBR is adjusted specifically to compensate for that.

    Total QBR splits responsibility on plays between the quarterback, his receivers, and his blockers. Drops, for example, are more on the receiver, as are yards after the catch, and some sacks are more on the offensive line than others.


    His 15.7 QBR is the one of the 5 worst of any QBs this season. At some point those 'tipped passes' and balls going off the receivers hands are as much a fault of Jimmy's decision making and ball placement, as they are the receivers fault for not holding on to the ball.

    Guess what? Seattle's leading receivers were a 2nd round rookie WR, an un-drafted (4th string) practice squad TE, an un-drafted (6th string) practice squad WR, and a guy who had been with the team for 10 days. Do you think those guys are just magically better? No... the QB is putting them in situations to succeed both on the field and in the huddle. And that's not just a RW3 thing; that's what all great QBs do and something Jimmy needs to learn.

    We agree on pretty much everything but the minutia of the matter. I think you bring up fair points, and I appreciate your perspective.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2506
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:11 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So I'd answer that two ways....

    1) Mostly fair
    2) I think your expectation is that regardless of the players around him, you expect the QB to succeed. Thats built by watching Wilson play day in and day out for a long time.

    That ain't the way it works on all teams.

    You are right, history won't tell that story, but it really doesn't matter what history says. Football isn't played in a history book. The FACTS are that on MULTIPLE occasions last night, Jimmy Garoppolo put the ball on receivers hands and they flat dropped it. Worse yet, on three occasions, the intended target knocked it into the air to get picked off or nearly so.

    That IS on those receivers. That is NOT on Jimmy.

    I keep reading that he "could have been picked off 5 times". Three of those passes were tipped into the air. How is that on Jimmy?

    He did however make some poor throws independent of those passes. That's not even an argument and I'm not defending them. If you had seen Wilson passes getting knocked straight up into the air or dropped on crucial third downs as Niner fans did last night, you would be here making the EXACT same argument.

    Now, does that mean I think that was the only factor? Not even a little bit. I'm not trying to absolve Jimmy of all responsibility. What I am saying is that its never quite as bad or quite as good as you think it is. This is a good example.

    Being down Kittle and Sanders made a huge difference on the Niner performance. Now does that mean I think they win if those passes are caught? I can't say that because at that point its an entirely different game.

    2) Kind of... As someone in a leadership position from a professional stand point, I place the burden on leadership to elevate the people around them regardless of the circumstances surrounding the situation. I don't expect them to succeed 100% of the time, but I do hold them and myself accountable when things don't succeed. Most importantly, I don't want to hear someone blame the people underneath them for why they failed to get things done.

    a. I grew up an Eagles fan watching extremely talented teams get derailed by QB's who couldn't perform when it matters. In fact, I watched the greatest defense ever constructed (1991 Eagles) fail to make the playoffs because our QB's were so bad they literally had 10 more interceptions than TD passes (17 TDs, 27 Ints). We damn near gave up more TDs on offense that season than on defense.

    b. I'm thankful for Wilson, but he's an anomaly from a QB perspective and not the barometer with which I judge all QBs. I try to judge QBs by what I've seen from other great QBs with a similar style of play and by the qualities those guys possess. Now, I don't expect a guy in his 19th start to be at their level, but it does give me an idea of what type of QB they are or can become.

    In SB XLIX, Seattle lost their best pass rusher and slot corner to injury mid way through the 2nd quarter. Before those injuries Brady had a QB rating of about 70, after those injuries his QB rating was well above 110. You know what 99% of people blame the outcome of the game on? A RW goal-line pass. Facts don't change outcomes, they assuage the medium between your expectations and reality.

    That's what I mean when I say history doesn't care. Think about it: If last nights game was a playoff game and your season ended, then you'd have a ton of people to blame, but ultimately Jimmy's performance had the highest potential impact on your chance of winning. These moments are finite, there is no guarantee you'll ever have another opportunity like them again.

    As for the whole 5 int thing...

    Here's the thing, let's remove bias from the equation and look at his Total QBR of 15.7 out of a possible 100. You may say 'that's on his receivers dropping the ball', but Total QBR is adjusted specifically to compensate for that.

    Total QBR splits responsibility on plays between the quarterback, his receivers, and his blockers. Drops, for example, are more on the receiver, as are yards after the catch, and some sacks are more on the offensive line than others.


    His 15.7 QBR is the one of the 5 worst of any QBs this season. At some point those 'tipped passes' and balls going off the receivers hands are as much a fault of Jimmy's decision making and ball placement, as they are the receivers fault for not holding on to the ball.

    Guess what? Seattle's leading receivers were a 2nd round rookie WR, an un-drafted (4th string) practice squad TE, an un-drafted (6th string) practice squad WR, and a guy who had been with the team for 10 days. Do you think those guys are just magically better? No... the QB is putting them in situations to succeed both on the field and in the huddle. And that's not just a RW3 thing; that's what all great QBs do and something Jimmy needs to learn.

    We agree on pretty much everything but the minutia of the matter. I think you bring up fair points, and I appreciate your perspective.


    Some damn fantastic analysis.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:23 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:....adding injury to insult.



    or perhaps adding injury to insult?


    That's.....what I said..... :lol:


    hahaha I read that thing incorrectly at least 3 times before I posted that. It's true that you really can read things the way you expect them if you're not careful.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20307
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:33 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So I'd answer that two ways....

    1) Mostly fair
    2) I think your expectation is that regardless of the players around him, you expect the QB to succeed. Thats built by watching Wilson play day in and day out for a long time.

    That ain't the way it works on all teams.

    You are right, history won't tell that story, but it really doesn't matter what history says. Football isn't played in a history book. The FACTS are that on MULTIPLE occasions last night, Jimmy Garoppolo put the ball on receivers hands and they flat dropped it. Worse yet, on three occasions, the intended target knocked it into the air to get picked off or nearly so.

    That IS on those receivers. That is NOT on Jimmy.

    I keep reading that he "could have been picked off 5 times". Three of those passes were tipped into the air. How is that on Jimmy?

    He did however make some poor throws independent of those passes. That's not even an argument and I'm not defending them. If you had seen Wilson passes getting knocked straight up into the air or dropped on crucial third downs as Niner fans did last night, you would be here making the EXACT same argument.

    Now, does that mean I think that was the only factor? Not even a little bit. I'm not trying to absolve Jimmy of all responsibility. What I am saying is that its never quite as bad or quite as good as you think it is. This is a good example.

    Being down Kittle and Sanders made a huge difference on the Niner performance. Now does that mean I think they win if those passes are caught? I can't say that because at that point its an entirely different game.

    2) Kind of... As someone in a leadership position from a professional stand point, I place the burden on leadership to elevate the people around them regardless of the circumstances surrounding the situation. I don't expect them to succeed 100% of the time, but I do hold them and myself accountable when things don't succeed. Most importantly, I don't want to hear someone blame the people underneath them for why they failed to get things done.

    a. I grew up an Eagles fan watching extremely talented teams get derailed by QB's who couldn't perform when it matters. In fact, I watched the greatest defense ever constructed (1991 Eagles) fail to make the playoffs because our QB's were so bad they literally had 10 more interceptions than TD passes (17 TDs, 27 Ints). We damn near gave up more TDs on offense that season than on defense.

    b. I'm thankful for Wilson, but he's an anomaly from a QB perspective and not the barometer with which I judge all QBs. I try to judge QBs by what I've seen from other great QBs with a similar style of play and by the qualities those guys possess. Now, I don't expect a guy in his 19th start to be at their level, but it does give me an idea of what type of QB they are or can become.

    In SB XLIX, Seattle lost their best pass rusher and slot corner to injury mid way through the 2nd quarter. Before those injuries Brady had a QB rating of about 70, after those injuries his QB rating was well above 110. You know what 99% of people blame the outcome of the game on? A RW goal-line pass. Facts don't change outcomes, they assuage the medium between your expectations and reality.

    That's what I mean when I say history doesn't care. Think about it: If last nights game was a playoff game and your season ended, then you'd have a ton of people to blame, but ultimately Jimmy's performance had the highest potential impact on your chance of winning. These moments are finite, there is no guarantee you'll ever have another opportunity like them again.

    As for the whole 5 int thing...

    Here's the thing, let's remove bias from the equation and look at his Total QBR of 15.7 out of a possible 100. You may say 'that's on his receivers dropping the ball', but Total QBR is adjusted specifically to compensate for that.

    Total QBR splits responsibility on plays between the quarterback, his receivers, and his blockers. Drops, for example, are more on the receiver, as are yards after the catch, and some sacks are more on the offensive line than others.


    His 15.7 QBR is the one of the 5 worst of any QBs this season. At some point those 'tipped passes' and balls going off the receivers hands are as much a fault of Jimmy's decision making and ball placement, as they are the receivers fault for not holding on to the ball.

    Guess what? Seattle's leading receivers were a 2nd round rookie WR, an un-drafted (4th string) practice squad TE, an un-drafted (6th string) practice squad WR, and a guy who had been with the team for 10 days. Do you think those guys are just magically better? No... the QB is putting them in situations to succeed both on the field and in the huddle. And that's not just a RW3 thing; that's what all great QBs do and something Jimmy needs to learn.

    We agree on pretty much everything but the minutia of the matter. I think you bring up fair points, and I appreciate your perspective.


    So I guess the best way I can put it is this....

    ....I am not and will not absolve Jimmy of any of the responsibility. Some here like to take comments out of context and employ the straw man to make conversations appear ludicrous...cough...hernia...cough.

    I am not blind to the mistakes that Jimmy made last night.I have at not time maintained he played well. Your point about poor ball placement is a good one, but NO QB is throws perfect, precision passes on every attempt.

    With the exception of 2, the overthrows we are talking about were not high. They were right on the money. Bourne with a clear first down for 1st and goal. Samuel with room to run.

    As for the Seahawks WRs "magically" being better...its irrelevant. That's not the argument I'm making. I'm not making the comparison between Jimmy and Wilson. People keep trying to make it that and it just isn't. That argument is dead an buried.

    It's like what some want from me here is to say "yup, we're screwed. Jimmy sucks".

    That's just not what I see. He didn't platy well last night for many reasons that were both his fault and not. I think he's got work do do and the Front Office has work to do. All I'm defending here really is the seemingly forgone conclusion that he is not and never will be a good QB. I think that's just crazy to me.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:17 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    So I'd answer that two ways....

    1) Mostly fair
    2) I think your expectation is that regardless of the players around him, you expect the QB to succeed. Thats built by watching Wilson play day in and day out for a long time.

    That ain't the way it works on all teams.

    You are right, history won't tell that story, but it really doesn't matter what history says. Football isn't played in a history book. The FACTS are that on MULTIPLE occasions last night, Jimmy Garoppolo put the ball on receivers hands and they flat dropped it. Worse yet, on three occasions, the intended target knocked it into the air to get picked off or nearly so.

    That IS on those receivers. That is NOT on Jimmy.

    I keep reading that he "could have been picked off 5 times". Three of those passes were tipped into the air. How is that on Jimmy?

    He did however make some poor throws independent of those passes. That's not even an argument and I'm not defending them. If you had seen Wilson passes getting knocked straight up into the air or dropped on crucial third downs as Niner fans did last night, you would be here making the EXACT same argument.

    Now, does that mean I think that was the only factor? Not even a little bit. I'm not trying to absolve Jimmy of all responsibility. What I am saying is that its never quite as bad or quite as good as you think it is. This is a good example.

    Being down Kittle and Sanders made a huge difference on the Niner performance. Now does that mean I think they win if those passes are caught? I can't say that because at that point its an entirely different game.

    We get it Marv, nothing is Crapollo’s fault In your world, ever. #10 has never thrown a pick that was his fault in your mind. You make excuses for GQ like the excuses you made for the Kraepper. Keep polishing those turds and expecting them to turn into gold.

    His tipped balls were because he was missing high, see inaccuracy.
    Wagner and KJ Wright dropped balls that hit them squarely in the hands.

    Jimmy will be Kraepper 2.0 minus the foot speed, and cannon for an arm. #10 has been exposed.


    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.

    Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!

    Dude, the king of spin is the guy who repeatedly ignores the fact that "no fatal flaws" was in reference to predictable physical tendencies (such as a long release). Over and over and over again you SPIN what was said to take it grossly out of context and never admit it. If there is a king of spin, it's you. That or, as I suspect, you are mentally handicapped.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2199
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 am


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:We get it Marv, nothing is Crapollo’s fault In your world, ever. #10 has never thrown a pick that was his fault in your mind. You make excuses for GQ like the excuses you made for the Kraepper. Keep polishing those turds and expecting them to turn into gold.

    His tipped balls were because he was missing high, see inaccuracy.
    Wagner and KJ Wright dropped balls that hit them squarely in the hands.

    Jimmy will be Kraepper 2.0 minus the foot speed, and cannon for an arm. #10 has been exposed.


    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.

    Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!

    Dude, the king of spin is the guy who repeatedly ignores the fact that "no fatal flaws" was in reference to predictable physical tendencies (such as a long release). Over and over and over again you SPIN what was said to take it grossly out of context and never admit it. If there is a king of spin, it's you. That or, as I suspect, you are mentally handicapped.


    You ok Bubba?
    Need a little cheese with that whine?
    Perhaps a crying towel?

    Looks like Crappollo’s “fatal flaw’s” were on full display last night, and you know it, though you’ll NEVER admit it. You bet on the wrong horse Scooter.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28809
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 pm
  • 49ers fatal flaw is they did not have a play off mentality for the game, we were hitting with force, your receivers were hit crossing and I am sure Sanders was hurt on one of them, that kind of set a few things in motion, when he left the other players knew that it was a no fly zone and to have your head on a swivel. I also think Jimmy was beginning to try to read more about where he was leading his receivers and who was there, if your hit like that your telling your QB to throw me into a hit.

    No add the pass rush and the fact Jefferson and Reed were both in the rotation with Woods and Ford we were getting push up the middle making no place for Jimmy to step up to.

    Saying all that the scheme adjustment and more man and single high with Diggs coming in as Enforcer / Clean up and deep protect made a huge difference and allowed McDougald to play lose and not try to do to much.

    I said in another thread, this was very close a playoff game, punch you in the mouth and trade blows, we are young but the mentality has been passed on that we are physical and want that reputation back.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31522
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:04 pm
  • I don't think you can clearly say one team is better than the other after last night's game because there was a lot of sloppy play on both sides (5 fumbles is ridiculous). Yes, the 49ers had more incompletions. However, they weren't all caused by receivers dropping passes. Garoppolo had 2-3 passes that should have been interceptions (our D needs to hit the JUGS machine), and one pick that was called back due to a penalty. He also had other incompletions that were caused by defensive pressure.

    Wilson generally handled the rush better and was more efficient. He's more experienced, and it shows. He's been playing with a porous offensive line for much of his career but finds a way to win despite that. He's also been known for a combo of passing efficiency with a great deep ball throughout his career. He uses his legs when he has to, but for the most part, he keeps his eyes downfield even when he's on the run.

    Both defenses played outstanding. The '9ers have been that way all season. Seattle's D came to life last night. We'll have to see if they can continue that level of play.

    The division race just got a lot more interesting.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 7166
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:04 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.

    Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!

    Dude, the king of spin is the guy who repeatedly ignores the fact that "no fatal flaws" was in reference to predictable physical tendencies (such as a long release). Over and over and over again you SPIN what was said to take it grossly out of context and never admit it. If there is a king of spin, it's you. That or, as I suspect, you are mentally handicapped.


    You ok Bubba?
    Need a little cheese with that whine?
    Perhaps a crying towel?

    Looks like Crappollo’s “fatal flaw’s” were on full display last night, and you know it, though you’ll NEVER admit it. You bet on the wrong horse Scooter.


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:04 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!

    Dude, the king of spin is the guy who repeatedly ignores the fact that "no fatal flaws" was in reference to predictable physical tendencies (such as a long release). Over and over and over again you SPIN what was said to take it grossly out of context and never admit it. If there is a king of spin, it's you. That or, as I suspect, you are mentally handicapped.


    You ok Bubba?
    Need a little cheese with that whine?
    Perhaps a crying towel?

    Looks like Crappollo’s “fatal flaw’s” were on full display last night, and you know it, though you’ll NEVER admit it. You bet on the wrong horse Scooter.


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.

    Again, take it up with your boy 5 rusty rings, it’s his term. .....but then again, you knew that.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28809
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:39 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:M'Kay,

    Not gonna say he played WELL, but I dunno how you can watch the game and not see that the drops had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the game.

    They were drive extenders. One was an INT that gave Seattle the ball near the 20 (Bourne). One would have given the 49ers a 1st and goal and they ended up settling for a FG (Bourne). Another would have been a HUGE completion over the middle with room to run (Samuel). One would have extended a drive at the beginning of the game (Goodwin). Two more would have been a huge 3rd down conversions (Pettis and Juszczyk).

    Time and time again drops KILLED them last night.

    Now, at the end of the game he certainly made some poor throws that LBs dropped. No defense of him there, but without the OTHER drops, they are never even in that position.

    I take nothing away from Seattle. They deserved it more than SF did. ther eis no question...but don't sit here and tell me that the drops didn't have anything to do with it. They were HUGE.

    Our defense from a few years ago would have turned in at least a four-int performance, perhaps five; on top of Jimmy's two lost fumbles. It would have gone down as one of the worst games by a QB1 in the history of the NFL.

    Just sayin'. Your WRs had a big case of the drops, but fortunately for the 49ers, so did Seattle's defenders. If I'm a 49ers fan, I have to be very disappointed in Jimmy's inability to live up to the moment. Your kicker signed off the street, you expect that from. Your starting QB who sat behind Tom Brady of all people for years...no excuse.

    The drops by Seattle defenders had a bigger impact on keeping the 49ers in the game than your receivers not having a single drop all night would have.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31667
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:46 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:M'Kay,

    Not gonna say he played WELL, but I dunno how you can watch the game and not see that the drops had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the game.

    They were drive extenders. One was an INT that gave Seattle the ball near the 20 (Bourne). One would have given the 49ers a 1st and goal and they ended up settling for a FG (Bourne). Another would have been a HUGE completion over the middle with room to run (Samuel). One would have extended a drive at the beginning of the game (Goodwin). Two more would have been a huge 3rd down conversions (Pettis and Juszczyk).

    Time and time again drops KILLED them last night.

    Now, at the end of the game he certainly made some poor throws that LBs dropped. No defense of him there, but without the OTHER drops, they are never even in that position.

    I take nothing away from Seattle. They deserved it more than SF did. ther eis no question...but don't sit here and tell me that the drops didn't have anything to do with it. They were HUGE.

    Our defense from a few years ago would have turned in at least a four-int performance, perhaps five; on top of Jimmy's two lost fumbles. It would have gone down as one of the worst games by a QB1 in the history of the NFL.

    Just sayin'. Your WRs had a big case of the drops, but fortunately for the 49ers, so did Seattle's defenders. If I'm a 49ers fan, I have to be very disappointed in Jimmy's inability to live up to the moment. Your kicker signed off the street, you expect that from. Your starting QB who sat behind Tom Brady of all people for years...no excuse.

    The drops by Seattle defenders had a bigger impact on keeping the 49ers in the game than your receivers not having a single drop all night would have.

    Your last sentence is spot on.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28809
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:35 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:Congrats on the win. Not gonna eat crow as we straight up gave you the game with turnovers and dropped balls. Could not anticipate that and this one leaves a sour taste for obvious reasons.

    You are not better than us that's for damn sure. But you got the W and that's what mattered tonight.

    Makes for an exciting stretch run at least. If you don't lose two of your next four I will be surprised. But again, sincerely congrats on the win. We could not overcome Kendrick Bourne and it cost us the game.

    LOL. After all the $h!t you talked, You lost.

    Jimmy Crappallo should have been picked 4 more times if our linebackers and DB’s can learn to catch, and the refs don’t throw a BS phantom DPI penalty.

    Crappallo is a human turnover machine when pressured.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if Crappallo is The Kraepper 2.0.
    His fatal flaws were on full display tonight.


    Soooo...…..

    I kinda feel like Ezekiel is pretty lame for not eating crow....

    ….but come on dude. Forget the LBs/DBs, the score would have been much different if GAROPPOLOS OWN WRs could catch (I think I counted EIGHT drops), or if the rookie kicker didn't completely shank the ball, or if the tackles don't play worse than their 4th and 5th string counterparts or if the center doesn't get hurt which led to Seattles first TD or a host of other things, its a different story.

    Bottom line, Niners lost. Seahawks won. Gratz.


    It also would have been different if the Hawks didn't drop at least 2 easy picks.

    If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, then we'd all have a Merry Christmas.


    Garoppolo must just throw an uncatchable ball.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6482
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:57 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:We get it Marv, nothing is Crapollo’s fault In your world, ever. #10 has never thrown a pick that was his fault in your mind. You make excuses for GQ like the excuses you made for the Kraepper. Keep polishing those turds and expecting them to turn into gold.

    His tipped balls were because he was missing high, see inaccuracy.
    Wagner and KJ Wright dropped balls that hit them squarely in the hands.

    Jimmy will be Kraepper 2.0 minus the foot speed, and cannon for an arm. #10 has been exposed.


    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.

    Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.


    Marv you could write a novels worth of stuff, Sportshernia isn't going to change he will continue to be a richard. Stop wasting your time its getting embarrassing.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1470
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:M'Kay,

    Not gonna say he played WELL, but I dunno how you can watch the game and not see that the drops had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the game.

    They were drive extenders. One was an INT that gave Seattle the ball near the 20 (Bourne). One would have given the 49ers a 1st and goal and they ended up settling for a FG (Bourne). Another would have been a HUGE completion over the middle with room to run (Samuel). One would have extended a drive at the beginning of the game (Goodwin). Two more would have been a huge 3rd down conversions (Pettis and Juszczyk).

    Time and time again drops KILLED them last night.

    Now, at the end of the game he certainly made some poor throws that LBs dropped. No defense of him there, but without the OTHER drops, they are never even in that position.

    I take nothing away from Seattle. They deserved it more than SF did. ther eis no question...but don't sit here and tell me that the drops didn't have anything to do with it. They were HUGE.

    Our defense from a few years ago would have turned in at least a four-int performance, perhaps five; on top of Jimmy's two lost fumbles. It would have gone down as one of the worst games by a QB1 in the history of the NFL.

    Just sayin'. Your WRs had a big case of the drops, but fortunately for the 49ers, so did Seattle's defenders. If I'm a 49ers fan, I have to be very disappointed in Jimmy's inability to live up to the moment. Your kicker signed off the street, you expect that from. Your starting QB who sat behind Tom Brady of all people for years...no excuse.

    The drops by Seattle defenders had a bigger impact on keeping the 49ers in the game than your receivers not having a single drop all night would have.


    If this, if that don't mean $h!t. Your D from a few years ago wasn't on the field.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1470
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:24 am
  • Washington49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.

    Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.


    Marv you could write a novels worth of stuff, Sportshernia isn't going to change he will continue to be a richard. Stop wasting your time its getting embarrassing.


    Poor little Troglodyte is butthurt.
    I’m running out of Kleenex, you Niner trolls are using it all up.
    You may want to return to the shallow end of the pool junior, because you’re drowning in the deep end.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28809
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:47 am
  • Washington49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    I get it Hernia, you are immune to nuance and are king of the straw man. You should work for Fox News.

    Hey...I can do that too.

    Jimmy G has no fatal flaws. Ya know how I know? He's still alive. I can be intentionally obtuse as well. It ain't hard.

    As for missing high....he missed high ONCE on those three tipped balls and receiver got both hands on it. The other two were right on the receiver. Coming into the game, he had a 70% completion %. Maybe, just maybe, dropped passes had something to do with it.

    Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.


    Marv you could write a novels worth of stuff, Sportshernia isn't going to change he will continue to be a richard. Stop wasting your time its getting embarrassing.


    I'm aware. I've employed a new strategy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:48 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.


    Marv you could write a novels worth of stuff, Sportshernia isn't going to change he will continue to be a richard. Stop wasting your time its getting embarrassing.


    Poor little Troglodyte is butthurt.
    I’m running out of Kleenex, you Niner trolls are using it all up.
    You may want to return to the shallow end of the pool junior, because you’re drowning in the deep end.


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:54 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.


    Marv you could write a novels worth of stuff, Sportshernia isn't going to change he will continue to be a richard. Stop wasting your time its getting embarrassing.


    Poor little Troglodyte is butthurt.
    I’m running out of Kleenex, you Niner trolls are using it all up.
    You may want to return to the shallow end of the pool junior, because you’re drowning in the deep end.


    You are hilariously naive.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1470
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:54 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:M'Kay,

    Not gonna say he played WELL, but I dunno how you can watch the game and not see that the drops had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the game.

    They were drive extenders. One was an INT that gave Seattle the ball near the 20 (Bourne). One would have given the 49ers a 1st and goal and they ended up settling for a FG (Bourne). Another would have been a HUGE completion over the middle with room to run (Samuel). One would have extended a drive at the beginning of the game (Goodwin). Two more would have been a huge 3rd down conversions (Pettis and Juszczyk).

    Time and time again drops KILLED them last night.

    Now, at the end of the game he certainly made some poor throws that LBs dropped. No defense of him there, but without the OTHER drops, they are never even in that position.

    I take nothing away from Seattle. They deserved it more than SF did. ther eis no question...but don't sit here and tell me that the drops didn't have anything to do with it. They were HUGE.

    Our defense from a few years ago would have turned in at least a four-int performance, perhaps five; on top of Jimmy's two lost fumbles. It would have gone down as one of the worst games by a QB1 in the history of the NFL.

    Just sayin'. Your WRs had a big case of the drops, but fortunately for the 49ers, so did Seattle's defenders. If I'm a 49ers fan, I have to be very disappointed in Jimmy's inability to live up to the moment. Your kicker signed off the street, you expect that from. Your starting QB who sat behind Tom Brady of all people for years...no excuse.

    The drops by Seattle defenders had a bigger impact on keeping the 49ers in the game than your receivers not having a single drop all night would have.


    Yeah...I don't buy that at all.

    1) Some of those dropped INTs were a direct result of a receiver drop. For example, Boornes second drop would have given the 49ers 1st and goal. he popped it into the air and it was very nearly intercepted. You guys see that as "oh man, that was almost intercepted...thats a much bigger deal". It was only almost intercepted BECAUSE OF THE DROP.

    2) The very near INTs late in the game NEVER HAPPEN if not for the drops earlier because the 49ers aren't in 2 minutes/score now mode.


    Were the drops on the INTs more egregious? Debatable. Would catching those INTs have had a larger effect on the game? Probably....but the problem with that logic to me is that if those WRs don't drop the ball, its an entirely different game.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Do you ever get Dizzy from all of the spinning? You are the Bill O’Reilly of Niner Trolls.

    As for the “fatal flaws” comment, I didn’t come up with that, your boy 5 rusty rings did, so if you have a problem with that, take it up with that goober, that’s his phrase........mkay snowflake?

    Again, Crappollo = Kraepper 2.0, deal with it!


    Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.


    Marv you could write a novels worth of stuff, Sportshernia isn't going to change he will continue to be a richard. Stop wasting your time its getting embarrassing.


    I'm aware. I've employed a new strategy.


    You know no matter what you offer as far as opinion, details, facts, etc. The three amigos (you know who they are) will always come to defend all things Seahawk, even if what you're talking about has nothing to do with the Hawks.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1470
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:M'Kay,

    Not gonna say he played WELL, but I dunno how you can watch the game and not see that the drops had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the game.

    They were drive extenders. One was an INT that gave Seattle the ball near the 20 (Bourne). One would have given the 49ers a 1st and goal and they ended up settling for a FG (Bourne). Another would have been a HUGE completion over the middle with room to run (Samuel). One would have extended a drive at the beginning of the game (Goodwin). Two more would have been a huge 3rd down conversions (Pettis and Juszczyk).

    Time and time again drops KILLED them last night.

    Now, at the end of the game he certainly made some poor throws that LBs dropped. No defense of him there, but without the OTHER drops, they are never even in that position.

    I take nothing away from Seattle. They deserved it more than SF did. ther eis no question...but don't sit here and tell me that the drops didn't have anything to do with it. They were HUGE.

    Our defense from a few years ago would have turned in at least a four-int performance, perhaps five; on top of Jimmy's two lost fumbles. It would have gone down as one of the worst games by a QB1 in the history of the NFL.

    Just sayin'. Your WRs had a big case of the drops, but fortunately for the 49ers, so did Seattle's defenders. If I'm a 49ers fan, I have to be very disappointed in Jimmy's inability to live up to the moment. Your kicker signed off the street, you expect that from. Your starting QB who sat behind Tom Brady of all people for years...no excuse.

    The drops by Seattle defenders had a bigger impact on keeping the 49ers in the game than your receivers not having a single drop all night would have.


    Yeah...I don't buy that at all.

    1) Some of those dropped INTs were a direct result of a receiver drop. For example, Boornes second drop would have given the 49ers 1st and goal. he popped it into the air and it was very nearly intercepted. You guys see that as "oh man, that was almost intercepted...thats a much bigger deal". It was only almost intercepted BECAUSE OF THE DROP.

    2) The very near INTs late in the game NEVER HAPPEN if not for the drops earlier because the 49ers aren't in 2 minutes/score now mode.


    Were the drops on the INTs more egregious? Debatable. Would catching those INTs have had a larger effect on the game? Probably....but the problem with that logic to me is that if those WRs don't drop the ball, its an entirely different game.


    Do you see the pattern? We're wrong to talk about "what ifs", but its okay for them, so much so they talk about "if that was our D of a few years ago" previous teams like it has anything to do with Mondays game.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1470
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:18 am
  • Enough salt to float on in here..

    Pretty funny.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18429
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 am
  • Unfortunately for 9er fans. The SEAHAWKS just beat them on their own field in front of the entire NFL watching world while being 6 point underdogs. And the Refs were so totally biased in their favor as well. In spite of that the Hawks beat both of them.

    Also, unfortunately (for them) they are going to have to play rising teams and go on the road to Balt. and NO.

    Then come to Seattle in Dec. for their final beat down of the year and another year of looking forward to the draft.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36531
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:34 am
  • Nine pages of this $h!t?

    :snack:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 19422
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:59 am
  • sutz wrote:Nine pages of this $h!t?

    :snack:


    Well, only 2 pages are salt. The other 7 are misguided braggadocio.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:35 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Enough salt to float on in here..

    Pretty funny.


    Legit LOL.

    Honestly, I'm really not salty. Seahawks were better on Monday Night. They won. They deserved the win.

    I think some interpret exploring why a loss occurred as somehow taking something away from the victory. That ain't the intent. Seahawks fans saw their team win a big game and they should enjoy it. I sure would.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:40 pm
  • This is kinda what I was talking about before...

    Niner Fan: "OMG..Kendrick Bourne, catch the damn ball. This is why we lost. Those drops killed us".

    Seahawks Fan: "What!?! That Seahawk DB dropped the ball! That would have been the real game-changer! Jimmy G sucks and was just throwing it to DBs who couldn't hold on!".

    The Seahawk drop never happens if Bourne catches the damn ball.



    Seahawks won it. They deserved it....but don't tell me WRs who can't catch made no difference.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:48 pm
  • Maybe 9ers fans harken for the days of old where the hallowed ground was defended with a vengeance.....Here's a pic from the past for remembrance for the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday....Cheers !!!!

    Image
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36531
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:50 pm
  • ...and BTW.....

    ....the next time I read something about Niner fans being a-holes (and it happens)....

    This happened Monday night. This is from the Joe Montanas to Dwight Clark statues at Levi's that were put in after Clarks death. Obviously, not holding anyone here responsible, but remember this the next time I read about Niner fans.

    Image
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:53 pm
  • Here is another Thanksgiving present for 9er fans.

    Enjoy...

    Image
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36531
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:...and BTW.....

    ....the next time I read something about Niner fans being a-holes (and it happens)....

    This happened Monday night. This is from the Joe Montanas to Dwight Clark statues at Levi's that were put in after Clarks death. Obviously, not holding anyone here responsible, but remember this the next time I read about Niner fans.

    Image


    Jesus, Marv, you can't prove a Seahawks fan did it. Besides, what the hell is that statue made of? It looks like plastic!
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6590
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:04 pm
  • It's the dude from My Pillow without the moustache.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36531
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:05 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:...and BTW.....

    ....the next time I read something about Niner fans being a-holes (and it happens)....

    This happened Monday night. This is from the Joe Montanas to Dwight Clark statues at Levi's that were put in after Clarks death. Obviously, not holding anyone here responsible, but remember this the next time I read about Niner fans.

    Image


    Jesus, Marv, you can't prove a Seahawks fan did it. Besides, what the hell is that statue made of? It looks like plastic!


    True...tho I doubt it was a Niner fan. Just sayin.

    Can't tell you exact composition, but its metal.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:13 pm
  • What it looked like before...

    Image
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6896
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: seafence82 and 41 guests