Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:27 am
  • I still think something is going on w/Gould.

His FG completions are about 65 percent now. At some point there's more to it than blaming the LS or a fluke that supposedly only showed up in a Tuesday "bonus practice."

Neither the team nor fans seem to be upset about giving Chase McDaniels another game. If Chase does well, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Gould put on the IR.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:33 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I still think something is going on w/Gould.

His FG completions are about 65 percent now. At some point there's more to it than blaming the LS or a fluke that supposedly only showed up in a Tuesday "bonus practice."

Neither the team nor fans seem to be upset about giving Chase McDaniels another game. If Chase does well, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Gould put on the IR.

I honestly think he's butthurt because they wouldn't trade him back to Chicago like he wanted. I think he's trying to get traded by being bad without being obvious. Watch if he goes back to Chicago all the sudden he'll have a miraculous comeback.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:00 pm
  • Washington49er wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I still think something is going on w/Gould.

I honestly think he's butthurt because they wouldn't trade him back to Chicago like he wanted. I think he's trying to get traded by being bad without being obvious. Watch if he goes back to Chicago all the sudden he'll have a miraculous comeback.

I think he's (stunner): Injured.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:01 pm
  • I think he's hurt too, but I think that he didn't just do it at just at that Tuesday "bonus practice." before Seattle.

More like the situation w/Stephen G at the Pats.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:34 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:

It's just stupid to think otherwise. More than any other position, kickers are at the whim of success or failure of a single play. Why the hell would Chicago want him if he's missing kicks? Average kickers can be found on the cheap. As the fan of a team suffering kicking woes going on 3 seasons, NO kicker interested in employment will intentionally miss.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:50 pm
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:36 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Image

Dang! You’re a big giant meanie. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:41 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:

It's just stupid to think otherwise. More than any other position, kickers are at the whim of success or failure of a single play. Why the hell would Chicago want him if he's missing kicks? Average kickers can be found on the cheap. As the fan of a team suffering kicking woes going on 3 seasons, NO kicker interested in employment will intentionally miss.

One of the best kickers in the league for years, wants to go back to Chicago, 49ers say no, the very next season all the sudden he misses kicks he could do in his sleep. Misses started at the beginning of the season, didn't claim to be injured until right before the 9th game of the season. Ya has to be injury, couldn't possibly be anything else.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:33 am
  • Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:

One of the best kickers in the league for years, wants to go back to Chicago, 49ers say no, the very next season all the sudden he misses kicks he could do in his sleep. Misses started at the beginning of the season, didn't claim to be injured until right before the 9th game of the season. Ya has to be injury, couldn't possibly be anything else.

Blair Walsh had an 85.2% accuracy rate from 2012-15. He missed one chip shot 27 yarder in the playoffs. His accuracy dropped to 73.3% his last two seasons. He's out of the league now. $h!t happens. Could Gould's dissatisfaction with the 49ers be affecting his play? Perhaps. But I guarantee if it is, it's only subconsciously. Actively blowing kicks is just stupid.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Blair Walsh had an 85.2% accuracy rate from 2012-15. He missed one chip shot 27 yarder in the playoffs. His accuracy dropped to 73.3% his last two seasons. He's out of the league now. $h!t happens. Could Gould's dissatisfaction with the 49ers be affecting his play? Perhaps. But I guarantee if it is, it's only subconsciously. Actively blowing kicks is just stupid.

Exactly, I'm not saying he is intentionally missing. The reason he wanted to be back in Chicago was to be closer to his family, heads not in the game.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information