Belichick found a way to cheat

Washington49er

Reaction score
Mizak":119occ7i said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/belichick-exploited-loophole-in-nfl-rules-to-run-extra-time-off-the-clock/

Seahawks should do it too when they have the lead in the 4th quarter.

Sounds like he used the RULES to his advantage.

You should change the title of the thread, especially if you are suggesting the Hawks use it.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m much more concerned that they just landed Sanu. Always liked him. The rich get richer. I guess all the other playoff teams are playing for 2nd place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobebryant

Reaction score
Mizak":2mzhefno said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/belichick-exploited-loophole-in-nfl-rules-to-run-extra-time-off-the-clock/

Seahawks should do it too when they have the lead in the 4th quarter.

I read the article. That isn't cheating. The thread title is inaccurate and disingenuous.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Arguably, the fact that he did it in a game that didn't matter when they were up by over 30 is better than sitting on it until the AFC title game when they're up by 4 with less than 2 minutes left and about to punt.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
“No, it was just the way the rules are set up. We were able to run quite a bit of time off the clock without really having to do anything. That’s probably a loophole that will be closed and probably should be closed but right now it’s open,” Belichick said.

Wonder why he chose last night to play this card

Washington49er

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3i2ar5da said:
“No, it was just the way the rules are set up. We were able to run quite a bit of time off the clock without really having to do anything. That’s probably a loophole that will be closed and probably should be closed but right now it’s open,” Belichick said.

Could be he saw the loophole and realized it could be used against the Patriots in the future. You know the old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". So he proved it was there and brought it out in the open and surely got it noticed by the NFL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m the first here that will call Billycheat a cheater but this is a rules issue, not a cheating issue.
In this case the rule actually helped the Jets get the misery over a minute sooner.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3gk0wp5v said:
I’m the first here that will call Billycheat a cheater but this is a rules issue, not a cheating issue.
In this case the rule actually helped the Jets get the misery over a minute sooner.

Now that's some funny shit right there!

I feel sick now :pukeface:

chris98251

Reaction score
Pats read the rules and find a way to work around them for their advantage or use them in a way that was not intended, funny now the Pats create a whole new chapter in the rule book because they exploited a loophole that previously people with good sportsmanship did not.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Uncle Si":gjcti9tz said:
I'd say choosing to do it when you absolutely do not need it is actually a nice guy attempt to get it addressed. Not that many would believe it of Belichick.

mistaowen

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1kasmgbg said:
Uncle Si":1kasmgbg said:
I'd say choosing to do it when you absolutely do not need it is actually a nice guy attempt to get it addressed. Not that many would believe it of Belichick.

I mean he laughed when it happened, probably the first time he's laughed since he was a defensive coach for the Browns.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I think people give BB way too much credit. He is without a doubt one of the best coaches ever, but to slobber all over his knob and anoint him a genius for trying to end a slaughter? I think he was laughing AT Gase because Gase was helping him. Maybe Gase should be credited with the smarts here for declining the penalties and allowing the game to end quicker. He didn’t want to continue any more than Bill did. That laugh could have been an acknowledgement of Gase’s awareness of the situation.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Belichek "Hello World, see how smart I am? I just added to my legacy of being the greatest coach ever. "

Rest of league "Dang, we wish we'd thought of that!"