Rodgers now the NFL MVP Leader

PackerNation

Reaction score
What a performance on Sunday Night following his perfect performance against the Raiders.

Rodgers now leads the NFL for the MVP award for this season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1188663568713048066[/tweet]

Shaping up to be a 3 team race between the 49ers, the Seahawks and the Packers for supremacy in the NFC. Should be a great finish to the season. Good luck!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Calm down, Mr. Fairweather. You had a nice three-week gap of not having one single post here while Rodgers was looking like a retired has-been.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1larwzsb said:
Wilson absolutely has been better this year..
Seriously. The player stats haven't been updated on NFL.com or ESPN.com yet, so they're still based on before today; but through seven weeks, Wilson has more TDs, fewer INTs, a higher completion percentage, higher yards per pass, and 10.4 more passer rating points than Rodgers.

We'll see what they look like when they get updated for this week, but I sincerely doubt Rodgers passed Russell in more than one of those categories for the season. I just checked his stats for today; yep, he'll still be behind Wilson in TDs, completion percentage, and will also still have one more interception than Wilson.

There is no objective metric by which Aaron Rodgers is the league MVP over Russell Wilson as of this moment, unless you count media bias in favor of Rodgers.

Maulbert

Reaction score
PackerNation":kbldh16c said:
What a performance on Sunday Night following his perfect performance against the Raiders.

Shaping up to be a 3 team race between the 49ers, the Seahawks and the Packers for supremacy in the NFC. Should be a great finish to the season. Good luck!

Ummmm....the Saints?

chris98251

Reaction score
So the Packers beat the Chiefs and in comes a Packer Fan to say a player in a broadcast should be MVP, pssst all of you they have been saying that all year about any player having a great game this season on every broadcast.

Think it's this seasons big thing, by seasons end 85 percent will say they were right about who it is.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Eh, stats alone don't decide the MVP. It's still Wilson at this point, simply by virtue of some of the ridiculous plays he's made so far. Now, as the season goes forward, I can certainly see Rodgers overtaking him, but it will depend on a lot more than stats. Who is the guy who is going to lead the epic comeback on prime time? Who is the guy who is going to still look brilliant when his lead weapons go down? (to be fair, Rodgers has been missing one).

There is still a half a season to be played. Either one can go off on another tear. But it's got to be Wilson half way through.

sutz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":16b3opmm said:
Ambrose83":16b3opmm said:
Wilson absolutely has been better this year..

There is no objective metric by which Aaron Rodgers is the league MVP over Russell Wilson as of this moment, unless you count media bias in favor of Rodgers.
Does anything else really matter? :229031_shrug:

sutz

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1orlnd9z said:
Why do we keep getting these bum ass fans from other teams running straight to our house with the bull shit?
Because we're good. It's the price we pay for being a name around the league. :twisted:

BChawkfan

Reaction score
PackerNation":262b2rcp said:

Only in a cheese filled brain.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd take Watson before I took Rodgers.

That td to Fells where he took a kick to the eye and still delivered was impressive. Rodgers would have whined to the refs.

rlkats

Reaction score
PackerNation":2wkzbrqc said:

Saints are pretty good, no?

Rat

Reaction score
Should definitely be in the conversation. Not my favorite player, but he's killing it without much in the way of skill position players around him.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
6EDE7B50 B623 4CE5 B814 94BBA55ACCC2

He could always ask Russ for some pointers if he actually had a tough spot to throw to when under pressure.

rcaido

Reaction score
Makes me sick...Rodgers is probably the leader now. Guy knows how to pad his stats. He will do 1 or 2 amazing throws and he will be anointed GOAT again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It must be amazing when Lord Rodgers floats in mid air to the stadium. I mean the guy clearly can do no wrong :roll: