Prediction: Lamar Jackson runs for less than 50 yards 2night

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Evil hoodie shuts down the thing you do best and they will keep him from running around and force him to throw and win comfortably.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nine runs for 39 yards and a TD in the first half for Lamar, so your prediction's looking mighty good at present, lol.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":2w6vjmmc said:
He keeps running as much as he does he'll be the next RG3

RG3's problem wasn't that he ran too much, it was that he ran too recklessly. The reason Wilson has lasted so long as a runner is that he actively avoids taking pointless hits. If Jackson can learn the difference, he should be fine. I will say, he doesn't look as fragile as RG3 always did, at least to my eyes. A little more solidly built.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":250zmsui said:
Who's your daddy, Rodgers?

75107611_2866020873444582_7822589966755561472_n.jpg
Wrong thread brother. Need to move that to the "Rodgers is now the leader for MVP" thread.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Washington49er":2prbs8lq said:
Yep. I never get worked up over guys that use their legs as much as he does. Best case scenario, he avoids getting hurt for 3-4 years and performs pretty well. At some point he will either get injured or lose just 1 step and he has to actually throw to receivers that aren't wide open. To date, Vick sustained this the longest. If Lamar can equal or surpass Vick, good on him. He has a good arm like Vick, but until he proves he can throw into tight windows on schedule, He's a novelty. I'm not convinced he can operate without his extremely dangerous running threat, so they better win as much as they can while he still has those legs.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Maulbert":2xmaelso said:
Washington49er":2xmaelso said:

RG3's problem wasn't that he ran too much, it was that he ran too recklessly. The reason Wilson has lasted so long as a runner is that he actively avoids taking pointless hits. If Jackson can learn the difference, he should be fine. I will say, he doesn't look as fragile as RG3 always did, at least to my eyes. A little more solidly built.

That is the million dollar question. The real problem is guys like him are or at least were just running backs playing quarterback. They're so gifted in space athletically that they think they can score or always get extra yards. Most of the time they can. It's hard to convince a guy with that athleticism to run out of bounds or slide when in his mind he knows he can beat these guys. It only takes a slight drop off however from that speed/quickness and he's back to the pack and just another guy. Russ by contrast is very athletic, but was never break away fast like Lamar. The temptation wasn't as great for Russ and he was "big picture" smart enough to know his limits from day one.