Rams throwbacks are sweet unis!

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Wish they’d go back to the GSOT uniforms (with the gold jersey stripe up the side).

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
How come we never get to do throwbacks? I think I remember someone saying we'd have to ditch something like wolf grey and nobody is willing to do that? We had great Unis back in the day too I think. I LOVED the Zorn/Largent, later Zorn/Krieg years. We never won it all, but there were still some good years.

chris98251

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":1cp702ju said:
How come we never get to do throwbacks? I think I remember someone saying we'd have to ditch something like wolf grey and nobody is willing to do that? We had great Unis back in the day too I think. I LOVED the Zorn/Largent, later Zorn/Krieg years. We never won it all, but there were still some good years.

Our Throwbacks would include our Silver Helmets which the league won't allow.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
chris98251":393kudtz said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":393kudtz said:

Why?

Dallas has silver helmets don't they? Doesn't Thje Raiders too?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Teams are not allowed two helmets. So our current helmet would have to be covered by a silver decal. Basically it can't be done to look right.

After that, yes. We would have to ditch the wolf grey. Teams are allowed a home, away, an alternate and a color rush if the team so desires. Some teams dropped the color rush after the NFL made them optional.

When the NFL switched their uniform to Nike and the Seahawks became the first team to undergo a major aesthetic face lift, then team president Peter McLoughlin spoke openly about plans to include a throwback uniform. In fact his exact words at the time were “we’re talking about a throwback for sure.”

So what happened?

Most likely the whole idea was crushed by a combination of new NFL rules and a fan vote that went a different way.

Back in 2002, in the midst of their first big uniform style change, the Seahawks put it to a fan vote. Stay with the grey/silver helmet color or go dark blue? By voting in favor of blue, fans may have unknowingly prevented the team from ever going to a throwback. In 2013, the NFL clarified a rule on alternate uniforms, no matter what teams chose to do with the twice-yearly alternates they’re allowed to play with, helmets could not change. It was a safety issue, they said. They didn’t want players changing out helmets that they had custom fitted and felt comfortable (and safe) in. You can change out the decals, but not the helmet itself.

Effectively, this ended any hope of the Seahawks using a full throwback. Sure, they could choose to wear the old silver pants and classic jersey, but it would clash horribly with the darker blue of the current helmets.

Maybe McLoughlin wasn’t aware of this limitation when he made those comments five years ago, or perhaps he thought there was some leeway. There wasn’t.

Whatever the case, what we got was the far-too-subtle-to-really-make-a-difference Wolf Grey pants and jersey, and the expansion era uni style will likely stay locked away forever.

https://12thmanrising.com/2016/05/30/wh ... k-uniform/

Threedee

Reaction score
Anyway, I don't think our current helmets look all that great with the overall uniform. Would it really look all that bad to just bring back the silver helmet, and then enable us to do throwback days?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Threedee":2dqurone said:
Anyway, I don't think our current helmets look all that great with the overall uniform. Would it really look all that bad to just bring back the silver helmet, and then enable us to do throwback days?

I wouldn't mind going to a grey helmet, but keeping the blue feathering down the middle. I think that could look cool.

xray

Reaction score
I want the carpet to match the drapes . That would be sooooo awesome :!:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chris98251":2p9q6iec said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":2p9q6iec said:

Yeah, the league won't allow two sets of helmets due to safety concerns. Teams simply don't generate the money needed to manufacture another set of helmets colored differently. Thirty two color schemes is safe, but more than that is unsafe and too costly to make safe. The NFL just doesn't have that kind of chump change lying around, you know! They need that extra money for individual exhibition workouts and buying off the ref... uh, I mean merchandising!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":vi7ecuf5 said:
chris98251":vi7ecuf5 said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":vi7ecuf5 said:

Yeah, the league won't allow two sets of helmets due to safety concerns. Teams simply don't generate the money needed to manufacture another set of helmets colored differently. Thirty two color schemes is safe, but more than that is unsafe and too costly to make safe. The NFL just doesn't have that kind of chump change lying around, you know! They need that extra money for individual exhibition workouts and buying off the ref... uh, I mean merchandising!

[youtube]HnXKE0nfAjI[/youtube]

D

DomeHawk

Ram's trad uni's:

Attachments

• rams(1).jpg
    rams(1).jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 1,249

Osprey

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3l3m4a9c said:
These are the Rams throwbacks that I personally like the best. Circa 1968

This was my vote the minute they announced re-re-relocation.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Osprey":3tuu2f0a said:
hawksfansinceday1":3tuu2f0a said:

I think that's a bit boring. I like the yellow with blue better. Besides, their history with yellow dates back to the 1930's.

Osprey

Reaction score
Maulbert":3ie8wjva said:
Osprey":3ie8wjva said:
hawksfansinceday1":3ie8wjva said:

I think that's a bit boring. I like the yellow with blue better. Besides, their history with yellow dates back to the 1930's.

Sure you'd have to jazz it up a bit, but all the signs are that's the direction they're going. Haven't worn the 'modern' blue yellow and already changed the helmet. Assume they would still keep the current throwbacks with the yellow.