Carli Lloyd.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Apparently, she turned down 2 preseason offers from NFL teams to try out as a kicker.

https://sports.yahoo.com/carli-lloy...ng-job-after-the-2020-olympics-011503646.html

I wouldn't be against a female kicker, I mean, we really have no right to be picky, but I really don't want Lloyd for one reason: she's 37. Very few kickers last past 40 before their power drops off, and I'm tired of rent-a-kickers. If we give a woman a shot, I'd prefer it was someone who could potentially lock down the position for 5-10 years.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OK, and then there's the fact they could get tackled or have to tackle someone.

I've read what Haushka said. It doesn't happen often. But players are expected to capitalize when it does happen. Remember Seabass' lackadasical jogging response in pursuit? Fans got all over him for being old, so why wouldn't we expect that for someone who's female? Both things that people can't help.

I go back and forth as to whether I want to see bio male vs bio female physical contact given the bio advantage that the male body provides--higher VO2, more fast-twitch muscle fibers, higher bone density, hip alignment EVEN when corrected for height and weight. Which in the NFL won't be. I'm all for women being fighter pilots and such, but a 140-pound woman being drilled by your average 200 pound NFL dude, not sure I'm up for it.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":32qdf2vv said:

I've read what Haushka said. It doesn't happen often. But players are expected to capitalize when it does happen. Remember Seabass' lackadasical jogging response in pursuit? Fans got all over him for being old, so why wouldn't we expect that for someone who's female? Both things that people can't help.

I go back and forth as to whether I want to see bio male vs bio female physical contact given the bio advantage that the male body provides--higher VO2, more fast-twitch muscle fibers, higher bone density, hip alignment EVEN when corrected for height and weight. Which in the NFL won't be. I'm all for women being fighter pilots and such, but a 140-pound woman being drilled by your average 200 pound NFL dude, not sure I'm up for it.

Oh no, females are much better just ask Ruby Rose or Brie Larson.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3dbhmbf7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3dbhmbf7 said:

Oh no, females are much better just ask Ruby Rose or Brie Larson.
Or Megan..
There could be some Husky freaky strong legged woman who can kick a ball
a long ways and accurate.
She might be from outside USA but if she can do a great job at it..Why not?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":5jtbktmu said:

It really comes down to strength and power; all that other stuff isn't even worth worrying about after those problems.

She's not young, 140 pounds, and she has the significant strength and power disadvantage that comes with the gender difference. She's not going to effectively tackle anybody and she would have a seriously high injury risk from receiving NFL blocks. If they could put her in a squat rack and get 50 pounds on her and the strength that comes with it, she'd have a lot better chance.

She's an elite athlete, but she's not even in the same league as elite as any NFL player. Even the least athletic NFL lineman are still crazy by normal people standards; those vertical jumps always amaze me given their size.

There's a reason why there are weight and gender classes for sports; at the highest levels you can't overcome those differences.

kobebryant

Reaction score
If the transition from professional soccer player to professional kicker were doable, given that NFL kickers are paid significantly more than non-star MLS players, you probably would have seen some MLS guys (who kick further and stronger than Carli Lloyd) make that attempt.

If they're wanting to look to unconventional places to find kickers, which I am not opposed to, that search should start with lower wage MLS players under 25.