Bears @ Lions

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Lions Blough (third-string QB) is on FIRE! On their first possession, threw 75 YDS to Golliday for a TD, followed it up w/another TD.

The first one was the longest TD for Detroit since 1992.

On kickoff then, Prater deliberately onside kicks the football, Detroit then recovers.

So far 14-7 DET, end of Q1. This is a really good game so far.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Game is on my TV, but I find these two teams uninspiring.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I posted this in the Smack Shack but going to post here too cuz I get so sick of bad officiating:

Just saw a perfect example of how utterly inconsistent and often terrible NFL officiating is. Watching the Bears v. Lions T-giving morning and a Lions' punt coverage guy drilled a Bears' punt returner a split second after the returner caught the punt. No fair catch and as should be, no penalty on the tackler. Remember that the Seahawks got the ass end of a HORRIBLE call in exactly the same situation against the 9ers when our coverage guy was called for a penalty for doing pretty much exactly the same thing. Only difference in the play in this game was that the Lions' guy lead with his helmet though not to the returner's head. Our guy made a perfect form tackle and was called for a penalty.

That penalty on Seattle that night is a perfect example of a situation where a Sky Judge could've told the onfield ref that there was no penalty and to pick up the flag. Of course then the league would have to pay 16 Sky Judges a week and you know, they're hurting for money so guess they can't do that.

Screw the NFL for refusing to care about the quality of its officiating.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
A Lions defender drilled Trubinsky on a helmet to helmet. Lions fans are saying he tried to lower the shoulder, but cmon, he hit him right in the facemask.

Real surprised to see the refs actually miss that call against Lions, but that defender is probably going to get a fine letter.

Another questionable call of roughing the passer on Blough, Lions get a new set of downs.

You'd almost think this ref crew is trying to make up to Lions, they are never this fortunate.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Wow that last third down play might be be an indicator of what's wrong with Trubisky. All he had to do was go forward to get a first down and the Bears had time outs. Instead he bubbles to try and get out of bounds and doesn't make the sticks.

James in PA

Reaction score
Are the Lions copying our alternate unis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Let's never use the wolf grey as the main color. Those are hideous.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Jesus Christ this half time entertainment is dire.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Lions opted for a field goal instead of going for it, hanging on by three but have lost momentum.

You'd think after GB/Det that they'd run it more...

Wartooth

Reaction score
Flag fest... Sloppy below average teams.
Should have been flexed!

Reaction score
Coleman getting beat on back to back plays. ouchhh

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":2g4cul0d said:
Coleman getting beat on back to back plays. ouchhh

Good call by JS/PC in moving on from him.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Bears 24-20.

But I like Blough. Mobile, excellent scambler and accurate to Amendola on the deep ball. Threw his only interception afterward, but since Amendola dropped, the deal was done.

Kid is starter material or real close to that.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1j345n2w said:
SantaClaraHawk":1j345n2w said:
Let's never use the wolf grey as the main color. Those are hideous.
Our wolf gray jerseys are awesome.

Agreed, but the Lions' make me wish ours were a shade darker.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Lions' gray unis made it more difficult to see the players. At least w/the Hawks Ninja Turtle pajamas, you can better see them.

Polaris

Reaction score
The Lions are now officially eliminated from the playoffs. The best they can do now is 7-8-1 and that makes it impossible for them to get the NFCN title or a wildcard.

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm thankful that Bevell is not our OC anymore. Would have been more thankful/less spiteful if he hadn't returned for the 2015 season.