Sorry, Niners fans...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You lost your lead/position/job on your day off. Bye, Felicia!

77387483_2604819336262864_4160180738236350464_n.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Can’t wait to read how Seattle is the luckiest team evaaaaaar exist, over on the DenailZone.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3olyxudc said:
Can’t wait to read how Seattle is the luckiest team evaaaaaar exist, over on the DenailZone.
Your insult works better if you spell "Denial" correctly. ;) Also, maybe turn Super Bowl into two words as it's supposed to be, in your signature...

Grammar Nazi Roland, signing out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":j41jnkqz said:
Sports Hernia":j41jnkqz said:
Your insult works better if you spell "Denial" correctly. ;) Also, maybe turn Super Bowl into two words as it's supposed to be, in your signature...

Grammar naz** Roland, signing out.
Your rite. Stooped typeo 8)

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
You have first place FOR NOW...... FOR NOW..... Congratulations on that. With 4 games left to played by both teams. There could be some more wins or losses for each team. Also we play each other head to head in the final game which may be a playoff type atmosphere and determine seeding the in playoffs. I believe both teams are still in this hunt as of right now. But for the moment yes indeed you are in first place in the division. It may well end up that way or it may not. I think either team can win it. Every game counts now for both teams. There is not much margin for slipping up for either team now. Plus the head to head at the end of the year may be hugely meaningful for determining playoff positioning.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1se2nb1g said:
You have first place FOR NOW...... FOR NOW..... Congratulations on that. With 4 games left to played by both teams. There could be some more wins or losses for each team. Also we play each other head to head in the final game which may be a playoff type atmosphere and determine seeding the in playoffs. I believe both teams are still in this hunt as of right now. But for the moment yes indeed you are in first place in the division. It may well end up that way or it may not. I think either team can win it. Every game counts now for both teams. There is not much margin for slipping up for either team now. Plus the head to head at the end of the year may be hugely meaningful for determining playoff positioning.
I've never seen the same said over and over so many times in different ways. Impressive

rlkats

Reaction score
Good season and congrats hawks. There are 4 games left. Anything can happen

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1hg4i9fd said:

Good luck going into New Orleans with Sherman nursing a sprained knee.... and Jimmy G with the weight on his shoulders....

Either way, that's a win/win game for Seattle. NO wins, Seattle has a one game Cushion in the NFC west. SF wins, Seattle is in the NFC drivers seat.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":qkx6apol said:
SanDiego49er":qkx6apol said:

Good luck going into New Orleans with Sherman nursing a sprained knee.... and Jimmy G with the weight on his shoulders....

Either way, that's a win/win game for Seattle. NO wins, Seattle has a one game Cushion in the NFC west. SF wins, Seattle is in the NFC drivers seat.

Ya, the injuries are starting to pile up at a bad time. Wish our by week was a bit later.

Stanley

Reaction score
Week 16, fully loaded rust free offense, revenge will be so sweet when the clink is silent.

94Smith

Reaction score
It was always going to come down to week 17. Even if we lose this weekend and you guys win (which is a real possibility) it would still come down to week 17. The real crappy part is either us or the Hawks is going to have to play a road game in either Philadelphia or Dallas in week 1 of the playoffs and I think we are the two best teams in the division.

Barakas

Reaction score
94Smith":3io5qfah said:
It was always going to come down to week 17. Even if we lose this weekend and you guys win (which is a real possibility) it would still come down to week 17. The real crappy part is either us or the Hawks is going to have to play a road game in either Philadelphia or Dallas in week 1 of the playoffs and I think we are the two best teams in the division.

Per ESPN Playoff machine you would be wrong. If we win the next three games and lose to the 49ers in Week 17 while the 49ers lose against NO but win their remaining three games (including beating the Hawks) the Seahawks would still win the NFCW division title.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine ... 01128040~2

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly, I of course was rooting for the Vikings, but I had pretty much known Niners were gonna give up the NFC West lead when Tucker kicked the Field Goal. Must be nice to be in the NFC East.

This weekend is huge because the Niners need to beat NO in order to have the "common opponents" tiebreaker, which would actually kinda help Seattle by making them the 1 Seed if they win (which I expect).

My guess as to what happens now is that both teams win the next three and all the marbles are up for grabs in week 17.

Winner gets a week off and home field advantage throughout (although I think Seattle might be 2 seed since they lost to NO) and loser goes to Dallas in Wild Card round. That would be nuts. Potentially a 13-3 team might have to go play a .500 team on their field.

Barakas

Reaction score
Marvin49":3c3so54k said:
Honestly, I of course was rooting for the Vikings, but I had pretty much known Niners were gonna give up the NFC West lead when Tucker kicked the Field Goal. Must be nice to be in the NFC East.

This weekend is huge because the Niners need to beat NO in order to have the "common opponents" tiebreaker, which would actually kinda help Seattle by making them the 1 Seed if they win (which I expect).

My guess as to what happens now is that both teams win the next three and all the marbles are up for grabs in week 17.

Winner gets a week off and home field advantage throughout and loser goes to Dallas in Wild Card round. That would be nuts. Potentially a 13-3 team might have to go play a .500 team on their field.

Can we make it a 7-9 team hosting a home playoff game this year? I'd kinda like to not be the only ones who has ever done that (even if it gave us the Beastquake)...

94Smith

Reaction score
Barakas":19zt2cfq said:
94Smith":19zt2cfq said:

Per ESPN Playoff machine you would be wrong. If we win the next three games and lose to the 49ers in Week 17 while the 49ers lose against NO but win their remaining three games (including beating the Hawks) the Seahawks would still win the NFCW division title.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine ... 01128040~2

That doesn't make sense because we would have each lost to the same teams and are even in everything else. The tie breaker would be strength of victory, whatever that means??? Which I don't think can be determined until that week

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

94Smith

Reaction score
I think it is determined by the non common teams we played. We played GB, you played Minnesota, we play Atlanta, you played?? We played Tampa Bay, you played?? We both play Carolina. It would be determined by their W-L record, so it depends on how you input that as well

94Smith

Reaction score
The two uncommon opponents were we played GB, you played Minnesota. We played Washington, you played the Eagles. So it depends on their W-L for the tie breaker