Rams

rlkats

Reaction score
Are they actually going to play well now and make the playoffs? NFCW 3 teams in the playoffs would be crazy.

Washington49er

Reaction score
rlkats":3ppobb66 said:
Are they actually going to play well now and make the playoffs? NFCW 3 teams in the playoffs would be crazy.

No, Hawks D just had a bad night. Geoff still sucks. Rams put up enough points to take Hawks out of the game plan, they're not use to playing from that far behind.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm only upset in a minor way that we lost. Rams played very well tonight.

I am, however, ABSOLUTELY F***ING LIVID at HOW we lost. Six points by our offense. I told my friend when there was 12:43 left in the 4th quarter that we need to go hurry-up the rest of the way otherwise we're losing. Still, we sat there yanking our pud on offense and only looked like we realized time was running out with about five minutes left to go.

We should have been utilizing slants and other quick-strike passing routes the entire 4th quarter. Sometimes this team drives me up the ****ing wall.

knownone

Reaction score
The Rams might have a better overall team than Seattle. The people who were writing them off probably weren’t paying attention and only saw the Ravens game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":pytgfy8e said:
I'm only upset in a minor way that we lost. Rams played very well tonight.

I am, however, ABSOLUTELY F***ING LIVID at HOW we lost. Six points by our offense. I told my friend when there was 12:43 left in the 4th quarter that we need to go hurry-up the rest of the way otherwise we're losing. Still, we sat there yanking our pud on offense and only looked like we realized time was running out with about five minutes left to go.

We should have been utilizing slants and other quick-strike passing routes the entire 4th quarter. Sometimes this team drives me up the ****ing wall.

I mean honestly, I think the only thing Seattle really lost (other than Penny) is the cushion they had. If SF beats Atlanta next week, I think they could actually lose vs the Rams and still win the division if they win in Seattle (I think...Divisional Record would be the same and Niners would win common opponents). This of course assumes Seattle beats both Carolina and Arizona.

In that case, they'd also still be the NFC #1 seed because they have tie breakers with both GB and NO.

IE, it probably still all comes down to week 17, but now its SF that has a cushion.

EDIT: So went over the ESPN playoff calculator several times. I'm not sure the tie breakers will matter between SF-SEA unless that tie breaker is a SEA sweep. Niner could actually lose one of ATL or LA and win #1 seed as long as they win in SEA. If SF beats ATL and LA and SEA loses to either CAR or ARI (which I don't expect), week 17 won't matter.

Seattle loss makes path to #1 seed much easier, but still most likely involves needing a win in Seattle.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
rlkats":3u4sooqh said:

3 teams from the NFC West in the playoffs would be crazy. But I guess it shows the great competition level in our division. It's a remarkably tough division where the wins don't come easy. It's not a push over like the NFC East. The Rams although down a little were in the Super Bowl last year. So it's possible. But I wouldn't trust the Rams to win 3 in a row if my life depended on it. LOL. Goff can throw some real wild interceptions. He even did against you tonight. Him playing well and winning 3 in a row is a lot to ask IMO.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
rlkats":2nbqhbmz said:

Yea obviously the Ravens game stuck in a lot of people's minds.

It's funny because after last night, we probably now have top 10 offense and defense.

But focusing on just the offense for a minute - McVay's success has been so ridiculous that it set up these outlandish expectations. Having *just* a top 10 offense has been considered a failure because the offense has struggled in losses to the Steelers, Niners and Ravens.

But the Rams now have six wins by double digits this year, and are possibly a missed FG and awful fumble call against the Steelers away from being 10-3 - neither of those plays have anything to do with how the offense or defense plays, or the coaching. Just bad luck - which, props to most people, this was predicted to happen to the Rams this year because we had mostly good luck last year.

But the overall point of that statement is, the offense and defense have played well enough to be 10-3.

As for making the playoffs, beating Dallas Sunday is no guarantee. I've watched some of their last two games and I don't understand what's wrong with them, which is scary - their offense could just start clicking at any moment.

BUT - I'll have the Chargers/Vikings game on at the same time. Hopefully the Chargers keep riding off of that momentum and can get it done for us.