Sherman Is A Good Dude

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a big BR fan but this is a good article about Sherman. Despite his current residency, he will always be a Seahawk to me, and a legendary member of the LOB. I may not agree with all aspects of his character, but I certainly do when it comes to his feelings for helping others in need.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/286 ... -on-anyone

Slick

Reaction score
I'm a huge Sherman fan and in my mind he's a Seahawk. He's competitive as hell and I think he wants to show his old team up and win another Owl or two before he hangs it up.

I'm not sure what all went down besides what we know but his split with Seattle was not a good one. I almost feel that when the HOF comes calling he will want to go in as a 49er. Career longevity and potential success on that team may dictate it anyways.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Slick":3euko1en said:
I'm a huge Sherman fan and in my mind he's a Seahawk. He's competitive as hell and I think he wants to show his old team up and win another Owl or two before he hangs it up.

I'm not sure what all went down besides what we know but his split with Seattle was not a good one. I almost feel that when the HOF comes calling he will want to go in as a 49er. Career longevity and potential success on that team may dictate it anyways.

I doubt it, but I've been wrong before.

When Joe Montana left SF he wasn't very happy with the way it played out and when he went into the hall he elected to go in as a 49er AND a Chief.

I think that would probably be the worst that could happen, but my assumption would be that when retirement finally comes, he'll probably sign that one day contract with Seattle, retire a Seahawk, and AT WORST go into the HOF as both a Seahawk and Niner.

IMO tho, he'll just go in as a Seahawk.

I mean hell, he has one year left on his contract. There is no guarantee he doesn't go back to Seattle to play in 2021.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I've often maintained that if you take his on-field persona as that of a wrestling heel and being in character, it is a lot easier to appreciate and like who he really is. I am really happy that he is back to being a Pro Bowl player on a good team as it should only further his Hall of Fame credentials.

Has he been fully embraced by the majority of 49ers fans or did he start off as too much of a villain to make it all the way to the other side of the ledger?

Marvin49

Reaction score
kobebryant":2t4wa6tk said:
I've often maintained that if you take his on-field persona as that of a wrestling heel and being in character, it is a lot easier to appreciate and like who he really is. I am really happy that he is back to being a Pro Bowl player on a good team as it should only further his Hall of Fame credentials.

Has he been fully embraced by the majority of 49ers fans or did he start off as too much of a villain to make it all the way to the other side of the ledger?

I'd say he's largely been embraced. A lot of it has to do with the way he's become a leader to a very young secondary and defense. "Uncle Sherm".

I've stated this before, but there was no more fervent a Sherman hater than me. That dulled quite a bit tho as the Niners began to suck and the rivalry waned and I became much more politically engaged. What Sherman spoke about in terms of things happening OFF the field were in line with me....so became a lot harder to hate him.

By the time he signed in SF, while it was a transition for me, it wasn't very hard to get on board. I think most Niner fans would tell you that they don't have a problem with Sherman, particularly given the way the team is playing right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Slick":3ialirtw said:

It's not like baseball where the player puts on the team's hat he's going in as.

The bust is non-descript, so is the HOF plaque that goes in the museum.....................and all the team's the player played for are mentioned.

So unless Richard himself wants to make a big deal out of who he goes in with, this is not an issue.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if he has Kam and Earl as his presenters when he goes in, LOB all the way.

kobebryant

Reaction score
chris98251":c99qnvqy said:
I would not be surprised if he has Kam and Earl as his presenters when he goes in, LOB all the way.

And Browner via Skype.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":2xef98jx said:
chris98251":2xef98jx said:

And Browner via Skype.
Lol ..Good one.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":lkqmtep0 said:
Slick":lkqmtep0 said:

It's not like baseball where the player puts on the team's hat he's going in as.

The bust is non-descript, so is the HOF plaque that goes in the museum.....................and all the team's the player played for are mentioned.

So unless Richard himself wants to make a big deal out of who he goes in with, this is not an issue.
This is correct. I went to the HOF summer of '18. Using Montana here as an example........

2019 nissan stadium nashville tennessee usa TYB52W

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sherman was a huge part of the success of this team. He always had the brash attitude which was part of his shtick here. Everyone loved it when he played here but hated him the moment he left. Hes one of my all time faves. He left on his terms which was a lot more respectable than the way Earl did. Hes also had a good year for the niners.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1q0qipnn said:
Sherman was a huge part of the success of this team. He always had the brash attitude which was part of his shtick here. Everyone loved it when he played here but hated him the moment he left. Hes one of my all time faves. He left on his terms which was a lot more respectable than the way Earl did. Hes also had a good year for the niners.

Earl held out for a bit for a trade, but when it came down to him playing he showed up until his season ended in IR. He free agency and went to BAL.

Sherm unlike Earl wasn't holding out for money. He still wanted to stay in SEA, so he gave the Hawks first right of refusal on what he was getting from SF. Hawks said no.

The team decided ultimately to move on from them both, and they handled it with respect in both cases.

knownone

Reaction score
I have no qualms with Sherman as a person, but this idea that multi-millionaires donating money makes them good people is misrepresented. Donations may look like selfless acts of kindness on the surface, but when done correctly they actually save the person money in taxes which in turn costs tax payers money. So what you end up with is a great public relations move for the person, that is paid for by the tax payers, and costs them next to nothing when all things are considered. Yay economics!

The charitable deduction is one of the biggest frauds that very few people are actually aware of and only those with a great deal of wealth can take advantage of.