Waiting on Cowboys

chris98251

Reaction score
Richard is getting interviews again but it's hard to tell if they are legit or just doing the process. However, Jerry and Garrett had their meeting yesterday and are suppose to have another. If he does not get fired and overhauls the staff I wonder if Richard is released.

If so do we bring him back not as a DC, screw that to much soft zone, but would he take a DB Coach job here as an assistant head Coach?

Also would you all want him back as such?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'd do it, but isn't Richard getting HC interviews? It's hard to believe he'd just "settle" for anything less than coordinator. But hey, we should ask.

On the larger scope, WTH is going on down there? Garrett's contract is expiring. All they have to do is not renew it and put out the "coach was a fine man good luck in your future endeavors" message.

Instead, Jerruh is dragging this out. If he does end up retaining Garrett, I wouldn't touch anyone who gets to stay.

Osprey

Reaction score
Jerry is the king of AWs. The longer he draws it out, the more attention paid to the undeserving shiat show of a franchise. There’s nothing preventing him from talking to whomever he has targeted as the replacement in the background.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Some say he wants to leave Garrett hanging until the Giants name a HC, then he'll dump him. He doesn't want JG to be the NYG HC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wasn’t impressed with Richard when he was here.
Would like to see an aggressive DC for once. Seems like outside of Quinn all of the DC’s fall into the softzone trap.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
"If the Cowboys do wind up moving on without Garrett, slow playing the call may cost them a chance at some of the candidates currently scheduling interviews with other clubs. That’s apparently not a concern for the Joneses, though, and they’ll continue to operate at their own pace before making a call."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... s-meeting/

Well no one's talking about Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley amirite?

I like both, and I hope they do not do this. Jerrah's worse than Snyder who at least fired Allen. Jerrah's kid is just like him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Not a fan of Richard. I think people have short memories. He did not do well here as the DC.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Not DC, Asst Head Coach like Cable was but DB Coach actively, I didn't like his Bradley approach as a DC but or DB's were best when he was coaching them, he also dramatically improved the Back field in Dallas quickly.

It would be a pretty much lateral move with the title but doing DC duties.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Osprey":2wttqu1g said:
Jerry is the king of AWs. The longer he draws it out, the more attention paid to the undeserving shiat show of a franchise. There’s nothing preventing him from talking to whomever he has targeted as the replacement in the background.
Most likely this tho there's speculation he has a back room deal with Mike Zimmer and is just waiting for the Vikes to lose (to the Saints Sunday.....Kirk Cousins after all).

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":7i9qpv40 said:
Osprey":7i9qpv40 said:
Most likely this tho there's speculation he has a back room deal with Mike Zimmer and is just waiting for the Vikes to lose (to the Saints Sunday.....Kirk Cousins after all).

Good theory, but if so why the intrigue?

Garrett's contract has been reported to expire 1/14. No need to publicize meetings. :180670:

pehawk

Reaction score
I doubt Richard learned how to coach and manage defensive lines being a secondary coach in Dallas. Also, as his role there grew that defense slipped. Like alot.

The best coach on that staff is Marinelli. He I would absolutely dump Norton for. Perfect Pete complimentary piece.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
So what is Jerry Jones going to do? Things are very quiet there in Dallas. They are being very mysterious this off season.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
My guess is that Jerrah's trying to make a fake GM position for Garrett.

Holding Garrett back so he doesn't go to NYG doesn't make that much sense. There's been zero said about interest in Garrett from that club. Or really any club. The focus is all on what appears to be this latest audible from Jerry, which is playing out as yet another fumble.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2g282lxf said:
hawksfansinceday1":2g282lxf said:
Osprey":2g282lxf said:

Good theory, but if so why the intrigue?

Garrett's contract has been reported to expire 1/14. No need to publicize meetings. :180670:
That part would just be Jerruh being his usual attention whore self.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":10y1k0an said:

Holding Garrett back so he doesn't go to NYG doesn't make that much sense. There's been zero said about interest in Garrett from that club. Or really any club. The focus is all on what appears to be this latest audible from Jerry, which is playing out as yet another fumble.
I think they are going to kick Garrett upstairs if he’ll go for it.
He is like a son to Jerruh.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jerrah has his own kid that he's grooming to take over.

All this "like a son" and "fambily" is crap when they don't really mean that, which is almost always. Most people's families have gone through a divorce. You never ever see them or their bio family ever unless it's at a shared kid's wedding. So spare me this "Fambilies" crap.

Garrett was just a high-profile employee Jerrah brought in, not family. Garrett has been compensated richly by Jerry to take care of Garrett's own family.

There's no face-saving to be had here. The analogy's imperfect, but Garrett is essentially a dead-cap millionaire. Kicking him upstairs or paying him 95 percent/benefits for life or just cutting him is like frosting a turd. It's still a turd.

slateman77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3k9kx6tn said:
SantaClaraHawk":3k9kx6tn said:

I think they are going to kick Garrett upstairs if he’ll go for it.
He is like a son to Jerruh.
This....From what I've read and heard there's a lot of history between the two.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":12555fym said:
So what is Jerry Jones going to do? .

Wait until one hour before Super Bowl kickoff to announce it to the world to get as much exposure as he can.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
What a brat Jerry is:

Jason Garrett will continue discussions with Dallas Cowboys ownership about his future with the team on Thursday, a source confirmed to ESPN.

You don't have to like an owner but IME you have to respect him to enjoy the product on the field.

This kind of jerking around would be the only reason to drop a team.

At this point, IDK how Dallas even has any fans in the area, let alone this mystical diaspora of "America's Team" that entails we're all seeing 8+ games from them a season, no matter where we live.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of headlines over the past couple days that are worded something like this: “Still no decision on Jason Garrett.” The media is actually creating stories and headlines that say: Breaking news ..... there’s still no news on the Cowboys!

SMH. Only with this franchise do we have to put up with this crap. I wish the media would start giving them them the Jacksonville treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk