Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cowboys HC

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Cowboys HC
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:59 pm
  • Zimmer's made it to divisional. The Vikes want to keep him. And as such, can't they deny the Cowboys an interview as their coach is still under contract? I just don't see the Zimmer deal working out.

I
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:07 am
  • Jerruh officially announces Garrett won't be back during the Eagles playoff game. Nice attempt at one upsmanship douche. After our game in Philly I turned on NFLN thinking I'd get to enjoy coverage of our W but instead it was a steady diet of coverage of the irrelevant Dallas Cowpukes and their coaching situation. Shameful. No talk about our game or the Minny N.O. game. I switched to ESPN and to their credit all the coverage was the 2 ACTUAL GAMES from earlier in the day. I'm sure they'll make up for that today though.

National sports media just continues to get on their knees in front of this guy. 4 playoff appearances in 25 years, no conference championship games and no Super Bowl appearances. Will the next yes man please step up.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:30 am
  • Mike Mccarthy named coach as per espn...if anyone cares.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:35 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Mike Mccarthy named coach as per espn...if anyone cares.

McCarthy is the perfect fit. He had years of practice being Aaron Rodgers' b!@ch and now he gets to be Jerruh Jones' b!@ch.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:40 am
  • I'm not saying it's a downgrade, but, McCarthy is still overrated at best. GB probably would have won at least one more SB without him constantly hamstringing them.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:49 am
  • Yeah, but now he's teamed with an expert GM. Just ask Jurruh.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:50 am
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Not particularly impressed with either Lewis or McCarthy, so I think that's funny that they are first up on the list.

They're just the big names floating around, I seriously doubt either of them is a contender for the job. However if we're talking rehashing coaches I think the Cowboys should've jumped on Rivera.

Well there goes my brilliant insight.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 am
  • So it sounds like Mike McCarthy is their next head coach. What an anticlimactic signing. I thought Jurruh would make a more splashy hire like a college coach or a hotshot NFL assistant. Cowboys disappoint yet again! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:01 pm
  • Apparently, McCarthy is next man up. https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/1/ ... head-coach

Peter King slobbered all over McCarthy here: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... eter-king/

King went to McCarthy's house and dedicated the majority of his Week 15 column to how McCarthy supposedly has a whole new system, infomercial style. Let's see how those analytics work out under a tyrant who works by emotion and bluster.

I will say PK has declined since the old days at MMQB. His little foodie/brewery reviews, his Brooklyn insights, are especially insufferable. It reminds me exactly of what happened to Lowell Cohn, who used to have the A column in the Chronicle, and doddered on into writing about the places he liked to eat, then faded away.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:29 pm
  • They are wasting little time putting together a staff ............. Mike Nolan will be their new defensive coordinator.

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:38 pm
  • Is McCarthy better? I guess that's a much different offense than what they were running is that correct? Nolan for defensive coordinator. LOL. Just don't ever let him near the head coaching job. If he knows his role and sticks with defensive coordinator it may be OK. He's not bad at that. Just totally over matched at the head coaching job which he should never have again IMO. Now that's just me as a 49ers fan from our experience.

:|
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:22 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:Is McCarthy better? I guess that's a much different offense than what they were running is that correct? Nolan for defensive coordinator. LOL. Just don't ever let him near the head coaching job. If he knows his role and sticks with defensive coordinator it may be OK. He's not bad at that. Just totally over matched at the head coaching job which he should never have again IMO. Now that's just me as a 49ers fan from our experience.

Well, you could certainly argue outside of Rodgers, he has less talent than Garrett ever had, and won at least 10 games 8 out of 13 seasons. Garrett had three 10 win seasons in 9 years, and finished 8-8 four times, and eliminated from the playoffs in the final week all four of those seasons. Garrett was always an underachiever. I think that's just the nature of a yes man. Everyone in that locker room knew he wasn't the boss.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:31 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:Is McCarthy better? I guess that's a much different offense than what they were running is that correct? Nolan for defensive coordinator. LOL. Just don't ever let him near the head coaching job. If he knows his role and sticks with defensive coordinator it may be OK. He's not bad at that. Just totally over matched at the head coaching job which he should never have again IMO. Now that's just me as a 49ers fan from our experience.

Jason Garrett was infamous for eschewing analytics, surprising for a Princeton man. He worked mostly by "feel."

It's noteworthy that this gave him a decade-long job, which was probably because Jerrah operates exactly the same when it comes to His Cowboys.

Jerrah relishes backroom deals that give him more power. The LA fiasco being the latest one--he's the one with the concessions contract to their new stadium. No doubt there's another one for the media, one for stupid STAR condos, etc.

But when it comes to His Cowboys, he doesn't follow business. He won't name the fruit of his own loins the GM, he won't let the HC be the prominent voice after every game. He's worse than Jed or even Snyder because he thinks it's a strength for him NOT to do anything different, and McCarthy will simply become another pawn. And if McCarthy refuses, he'll be on the hot seat again.

I always liked McCarthy as a man, but I cannot wish him success, nor do I see that happening. Not with Jerrah and his Mouthfeel Mentality overseeing things. The only justice is for this franchise to fall even further than the Redskins, for them to become as irrelevant, and for vindication that America has never been for this team. We've just been force fed it for decades/
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:47 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:Is McCarthy better? I guess that's a much different offense than what they were running is that correct? Nolan for defensive coordinator. LOL. Just don't ever let him near the head coaching job. If he knows his role and sticks with defensive coordinator it may be OK. He's not bad at that. Just totally over matched at the head coaching job which he should never have again IMO. Now that's just me as a 49ers fan from our experience.

Well, you could certainly argue outside of Rodgers, he has less talent than Garrett ever had, and won at least 10 games 8 out of 13 seasons. Garrett had three 10 win seasons in 9 years, and finished 8-8 four times, and eliminated from the playoffs in the final week all four of those seasons. Garrett was always an underachiever. I think that's just the nature of a yes man. Everyone in that locker room knew he wasn't the boss.

Are we sure the Cowboys have been that talented? I honestly think the amount of media coverage they get is why people think they are this loaded team with a coach that is holding them back. But if you look at them closely, they are a deeply flawed team built around a slightly above average QB, a knuckle headed RB, and a receiver that the Raiders didn't want. They have a great Oline and great LBs, and that's about it.

I think if you plugged Jason Garrett into those 2010-18 Packers teams not much changes. And if you plug McCarthy into those Dallas teams not much changes either.

Jason Garrett get's a bad rap, but he's not a bad coach. His best team talent wise was 2016, and If Romo doesn't get hurt, they make the NFCCG if not the Superbowl. He alone just wasn't capable of carrying the Cowboys to their inflated expectations the last few years.

If the Cowboys were a smaller market team, their fans wouldn't be asking if Dak is really the next Russell Wilson and holding him to those standards, they'd be asking if Dak is really the next Alex Smith.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:04 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:Is McCarthy better? I guess that's a much different offense than what they were running is that correct? Nolan for defensive coordinator. LOL. Just don't ever let him near the head coaching job. If he knows his role and sticks with defensive coordinator it may be OK. He's not bad at that. Just totally over matched at the head coaching job which he should never have again IMO. Now that's just me as a 49ers fan from our experience.

Having Rodgers is a big, big deal. That's a far cry from Dak Prescott. Who is overrated IMO. I can't see him winning a lot of games with Prescott. Rodgers made McCarthy. Not the other way around.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:34 pm
  • Mike McCarthy...

Ice cold milk, that
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:38 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Are we sure the Cowboys have been that talented? I honestly think the amount of media coverage they get is why people think they are this loaded team with a coach that is holding them back. But if you look at them closely, they are a deeply flawed team built around a slightly above average QB, a knuckle headed RB, and a receiver that the Raiders didn't want. They have a great Oline and great LBs, and that's about it.

I think if you plugged Jason Garrett into those 2010-18 Packers teams not much changes. And if you plug McCarthy into those Dallas teams not much changes either.

Jason Garrett get's a bad rap, but he's not a bad coach. His best team talent wise was 2016, and If Romo doesn't get hurt, they make the NFCCG if not the Superbowl. He alone just wasn't capable of carrying the Cowboys to their inflated expectations the last few years.

If the Cowboys were a smaller market team, their fans wouldn't be asking if Dak is really the next Russell Wilson and holding him to those standards, they'd be asking if Dak is really the next Alex Smith.

Dak Prescott is not that good. You can only go so far with him. Garrett did about as well as he could with what he had. Which is not much IMO. Way less than the hype. They are "America's team" and guys like Skip Bayless are always talking about them because he used to cover that market for the local newspaper. They are way over hyped. I don't think their talent level is much above their 8 - 8 record. That's about what they are.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:39 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:
    knownone wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Dak Prescott is not that good. You can only go so far with him. Garrett did about as well as he could with what he had. Which is not much IMO. Way less than the hype. They are "America's team" and guys like Skip Bayless are always talking about them because he used to cover that market for the local newspaper. They are way over hyped. I don't think their talent level is much above their 8 - 8 record. That's about what they are.

They went 8-8 three of those times with Tony Romo. Romo was definitely better than Prescott.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:40 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

*allas’ talent level is extremely overrated. Red was a crappy head coach, no doubt, but the talent level isn’t at the level of what most think it is.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 am
  • "McCarthy wants Moore to stay as offensive coordinator and the question is whether Moore wants to stay in Dallas, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Moore apparently has another opportunity, to become offensive coordinator at the University of Washington. Moore was born and raised in Prosser, Washington, and Moore has a familiarity with new Washington head coach Jimmy Lake and might want a fresh start there."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ordinator/
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:28 pm
  • Meet Mike McCarthy, the next scapegoat.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:33 pm
  • What...the hell... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -mccarthy/

“It was like love at first sight,” a source with knowledge of the dynamics between Jones and McCarthy said when explaining the quick move by the Cowboys to make McCarthy the new head coach.

McCarthy interviewed with the Cowboys on Saturday, and then McCarthy spent the night at Jones’ house, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

Ya, thank god McCarthy wasn't a SHE because that would never stand lol.

But really? What job prospect is invited or accepts an invite for a f sleepover? It's creepy AF.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:27 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:What...the hell... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -mccarthy/

“It was like love at first sight,” a source with knowledge of the dynamics between Jones and McCarthy said when explaining the quick move by the Cowboys to make McCarthy the new head coach.

McCarthy interviewed with the Cowboys on Saturday, and then McCarthy spent the night at Jones’ house, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

Ya, thank god McCarthy wasn't a SHE because that would never stand lol.

But really? What job prospect is invited or accepts an invite for a f sleepover? It's creepy AF.

Jerry going to be Jerry and get his Glory Hole sizing before a hire.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information