Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wild Card rooting

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Wild Card rooting
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:28 am
  • Well, Wild Card weekend is nearly upon us. I'll be rooting for:

- Bills over Texans
    - Titans over Pats
    - Saints over Vikes
    - Hawks over Eagles
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Re: Wild Card rooting
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:01 am
  • I'd rather see the Texans get it over the Bills, but otherwise I agree. I think everyone wants to see the Saints over the Vikings so we can get a rematch with the 49ers, yeah?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:26 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'd rather see the Texans get it over the Bills, but otherwise I agree. I think everyone wants to see the Saints over the Vikings so we can get a rematch with the 49ers, yeah?

I don't know man. I think GB is an easier out on skill, but Lambeau is more an HFA because of weather. Then again, Russ' issue seems to be more rain versus bitter cold/possible snow.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:26 am
  • The advantage in GB isn’t the weather (Russ, Brees, and Jimmy G have all played in the cold). The advantage in GB are blind refs.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:43 am
  • El Caliente wrote:The advantage in GB isn’t the weather (Russ, Brees, and Jimmy G have all played in the cold). The advantage in GB are blind refs.

Good point.

Detroit for one definitely gets ref abuse. That MNF game this year was not the first time the refs jobbed Detroit to favor GB. The time before, Stafford lost it and started yelling, "home cooking."

I don't see that as a danger for Saints, though. Or even Vikes. They'd be too scared to do that to the Saints. Or even the Vikes.

The Seahawks however are just another team to them. Like Detroit. There's more ref risk in us going there than you guys.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:56 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    El Caliente wrote:The advantage in GB isn’t the weather (Russ, Brees, and Jimmy G have all played in the cold). The advantage in GB are blind refs.

Good point.

Detroit for one definitely gets ref abuse. That MNF game this year was not the first time the refs jobbed Detroit to favor GB. The time before, Stafford lost it and started yelling, "home cooking."

I don't see that as a danger for Saints, though. Or even Vikes. They'd be too scared to do that to the Saints. Or even the Vikes.

The Seahawks however are just another team to them. Like Detroit. There's more ref risk in us going there than you guys.

Yeah they were so scared they made the call last year in favor of the Rams.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:01 am
  • Hoping for the Vikes winning 2 games and the Hawks doing the same. Only way to host the NFC Championship. Extremely unlikely, but it COULD happen.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:14 am
  • I’m a Saints fan (so naturally I am pulling for the Black and Gold), but I want to see a Saints be Seahawks matchup in the NFCCG.

On the other side of the ledger give me KC.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:31 am
  • To be completely honest, I think it's going to be Ravens/Saints in the Superb Owl.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:47 am
  • Honestly, I try not to root for a particular matchup because what tends to happen is I get what I want and then it burns me. LOL. IE, I root for Eagles win and Eagles show up at Levi's and beat Niners.

My initial thought would be that I'd like to see Seattle and Baltimore eliminated for no other reason than mobile QBs who give the Niners fits, but in the NFC it ain't like the other QBs are easy outs. Obviously the Ravens have a bye, but that SB matchup should the Niners get that far worries me most.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:52 pm
  • Ruminator wrote:Well, Wild Card weekend is nearly upon us. I'll be rooting for:

- Bills over Texans
    - Titans over Pats
    - Saints over Vikes
    - Hawks over Eagles

My list as well
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:01 pm
  • If football gods exist, then they will finally put an end to the Patriots once and for all by allowing the Titans to roll into Gillette and put such an epic beatdown on them that Brady retires, McDaniels leaves and Belichick is finally killed off like the ghost of Palpatine that he is.........and they stink for the next 50 years.

Amen.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:11 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:If football gods exist, then they will finally put an end to the Patriots once and for all by allowing the Titans to roll into Gillette and put such an epic beatdown on them that Brady retires, McDaniels leaves and Belichick is finally killed off like the ghost of Palpatine that he is.........and they stink for the next 50 years.

Amen.

Realistically they will somehow get tons of inexplicable breaks throughout the playoffs

-Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill go down in the first quarter to bizarre injuries, Titans offense struggles rest of the game, Pats win 12-9.

Go to KC - Mahomes gets his knee rolled up on by his own lineman. Keeps playing but unable to put much on his passes, throws 4 interceptions and Pats offense does just enough to eek out a win.

Go to Baltimore - Belichick sacrifices another child pre-game and the offense drops 50 on an excellent Ravens team

Make the Superbowl - Marshawn scores 3x 1 yard TD's in the SB as the Seahawks slaughter the Pats 43-8 just like the Broncos :stirthepot:
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:36 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:If football gods exist, then they will finally put an end to the Patriots once and for all by allowing the Titans to roll into Gillette and put such an epic beatdown on them that Brady retires, McDaniels leaves and Belichick is finally killed off like the ghost of Palpatine that he is.........and they stink for the next 50 years.

Amen.

Realistically they will somehow get tons of inexplicable breaks throughout the playoffs

-Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill go down in the first quarter to bizarre injuries, Titans offense struggles rest of the game, Pats win 12-9.

Go to KC - Mahomes gets his knee rolled up on by his own lineman. Keeps playing but unable to put much on his passes, throws 4 interceptions and Pats offense does just enough to eek out a win.

Go to Baltimore - Belichick sacrifices another child pre-game and the offense drops 50 on an excellent Ravens team

Make the Superbowl - Marshawn scores 3x 1 yard TD's in the SB as the Seahawks slaughter the Pats 43-8 just like the Broncos :stirthepot:

I want some of what you're smoking
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:47 pm
  • Well, were it not for the refs flat out ignoring an obvious PI, Lynch was about to get his 2ND touchdown of that game on your defense. And the game winner at that.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:53 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, were it not for the refs flat out ignoring an obvious PI, Lynch was about to get his 2ND touchdown of that game on your defense. And the game winner at that.

Of course I see it differently, but we can agree to disagree.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:54 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, were it not for the refs flat out ignoring an obvious PI, Lynch was about to get his 2ND touchdown of that game on your defense. And the game winner at that.

Done arguing the PI but you all know where I stand...

...but does Carroll just get a pass on trying to rewrite history and in the process screwing up a 1st and goal at the one resulting in a delay of game?

Just seems like there way way too much thought on HOW they scored the game winner and not that they got it.

I mean...they had 8 chances.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:11 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, were it not for the refs flat out ignoring an obvious PI, Lynch was about to get his 2ND touchdown of that game on your defense. And the game winner at that.

Done arguing the PI but you all know where I stand...

...but does Carroll just get a pass on trying to rewrite history and in the process screwing up a 1st and goal at the one resulting in a delay of game?

Just seems like there way way too much thought on HOW they scored the game winner and not that they got it.

I mean...they had 8 chances.

If you’ve been paying attention at all you’d know the answer to your second sentence.
    PC has been criticized by just about every Hawks fan here over the his and his coaching staffs role in the DOG penalty fiasco. Enough with your deflection from the bad non-DPI call that went your way.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:11 pm
  • They certainly had a lot of chances. And Pete is BRUTAL with time management.
    Doesn't change the fact that it should have been called.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:56 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:They certainly had a lot of chances. And Pete is BRUTAL with time management.
    Doesn't change the fact that it should have been called.

As I said, I'm done arguing the PI. I get it. There will be no changing your mind (and by "your" I mean entire Seattle fanbase and most media outlets, and I can't really blame you).

I'm just sayin, I think all that hubbub has kinda distracted from the "what the hell were they thinking" RE the delay.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:01 pm
  • So, what are the odds for the Niners against the Bye? :twisted: :stirthepot: :rumble:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:40 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:So, what are the odds for the Niners against the Bye? :twisted: :stirthepot: :rumble:

Well, since it looks like they might get Dee Ford, Jaquiski Tartt and shockingly maybe even Kwon Alexander back it looks like they might be doing pretty well against the Bye. :D

For what its worth...

Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:20 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:So, what are the odds for the Niners against the Bye? :twisted: :stirthepot: :rumble:

Well, since it looks like they might get Dee Ford, Jaquiski Tartt and shockingly maybe even Kwon Alexander back it looks like they might be doing pretty well against the Bye. :D

For what its worth...

:2thumbs:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:24 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Hoping for the Vikes winning 2 games and the Hawks doing the same. Only way to host the NFC Championship. Extremely unlikely, but it COULD happen.

This.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:09 pm
  • Hoping for titans Bill's saints....
    Realistically...Pat's Texans Saints
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:00 pm
  • Seems odd that both AFC games are today, only the second time since 2002. The other time was 2015. If Hawks and Saints win then the Hawks play next Saturday on a short week. Not sure what to think of this.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:24 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:Seems odd that both AFC games are today, only the second time since 2002. The other time was 2015. If Hawks and Saints win then the Hawks play next Saturday on a short week. Not sure what to think of this.

Whether it's Seattle or Philly it's a short week
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:26 pm
  • We should play the early game then. I mean if it is all about a short week...and all.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:24 am
  • El Caliente wrote:The advantage in GB isn’t the weather (Russ, Brees, and Jimmy G have all played in the cold). The advantage in GB are blind refs.

Since joining the NFL, Russ has struggled in inclement and cold weather games. He never played a cold game at Wisconsin.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information