Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else think the Vikings beat the 49ers?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • IDK why, but I really think they will. Prolly no logical reason to think they will, I just have a feeling they do. I think the 49ers are a great team, and Jimmy G a decent QB, though not clutch like Russell. I just have a feeling this is really the underdog's playoff season. I sure hope so in our game at least.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

• No they won't. It's just wishful thinking.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

• The word that describes it for me is "hope" rather than "think".
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Yes. Maybe it’s the Hawk homer on me but I see this as a 50-50 game that could go either way.
    If the digits were playing the Packers I’d give the Packers only a 10% chance at winning.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Hey guys! Anyone else think the Vikings beat the Saints? No way, right?
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Hey guys! Anyone else think the Vikings beat the Saints? No way, right?

Good point.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• :roll:
    xray
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, because they had NO CHANCE against the Saints, oh wait. Hell yes they can beat the Niners. I know most of the nation seems to think the Niners are some unstoppable force, but the Vikings are a hell of a team. That game could go either way. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I can't stand the Niners. It's more that I respect what the Vikings bring to the table. This is the damn playoffs, ANY team can be beaten. I think the Niners will win, but this is far from a gimme for them.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Maybe it is a trap game as their desire to play us again is strong..... 8)
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Entirely possible.

Saints and Patriots were locks for the Divisional Round in most folks books.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• Any given Sunday (or Saturday) and especially in the playoffs.

The 9ers look better on paper. But then again so did the Saints and the Patriots. They're bringing back Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander, but it's not like Alexander, especially, is guaranteed to ball out like JJ Watt. He could come back with rust like Staley/McGlinchey for the first Seattle/SF matchup.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• They can run the ball really well. The 9ers struggle a bit defending that. They have a tremendous D line and can force JG into awkward throws and decisions.

Will be interesting.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:They can run the ball really well. The 9ers struggle a bit defending that. They have a tremendous D line and can force JG into awkward throws and decisions.

Will be interesting.

This.

With a fully healthy Dalvin Cook, and now Thielen the Vikings are a very scary team to be playing..............AND their confidence after going into NO, arguably the best HFA in football and beating what many people thought was the best team in the NFC? That's the sort of confidence that can propel a team deep into the playoffs.

This isn't just me having wishful thinking for a NFC Championship game at home, but I LOVE the Vikings chances in SF.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• They will get screwed by the refs if the game is close....

Right now its 50 50 for me who the hawks should play against if we beat greenbay.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• The Vikes are a damn good team with lots of talent on both sides. Well coached too. Of course they can beat the Niners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• rcaido wrote:Right now its 50 50 for me who the hawks should play against if we beat greenbay.

Wait, should play or WILL play?

Like, you're actually on the fence about who you want us to play?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• So I'll answer this a couple ways...

1) Anyone can beat anyone in any pro game.
    2) The Vikings aren't just anyone. They've got talent up and down the roster and I would not be surprised.

I'm confident in the now rested Niners especially with Tartt, Ford, and possibly Alexander coming back, but this is in NO WAY AT ALL a given that Niners win. They'll have to earn it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Right now its 50 50 for me who the hawks should play against if we beat greenbay.

Yeah im not sure if i want the 49ers rubber match in a nice sunny field away or a healthier Vikings at home in the rain.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• rcaido wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Right now its 50 50 for me who the hawks should play against if we beat greenbay.

Yeah im not sure if i want the 49ers rubber match in a nice sunny field away or a healthier Vikings at home in the rain.

Wow.

There's no scenario other than the Niner's sustaining season ending injuries to 10 of their best players including Garrappolo, and still winning where you don't want to host the NFC Championship game.

None.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I didn't think they'd beat the Saints. I don't think they'll beat the Niners. I was wrong before, I'll happily be wrong again
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Yes I do...vikings are healthy and are well balanced. Can Cousins do it twice in a row is the question?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Vikings have been having issues having the moment be bigger then they can handle ( Cousins) as well as dumb decisions.

49ers have had them all last half of the season, now with the 49ers do they play like a team that is happy to be where they are and not focused enough going forward or do they seize the moment?

Sherman I know will be grilling this team on this is just the beginning and we have done nothing yet.

Even maybe show the replay of the tip to make it sink in on how you can lose it all on one play.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Um. My guess is that Jed would ban any replay of Just the Tip in their film room.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:Um. My guess is that Jed would ban any replay of Just the Tip in their film room.

Obviously you never played the game, he was in the play and can convey what it meant to the Seahawks as well as use it to motivate and piss off his team to not be happy just being at the dance, you want to take the Prom Queen out to the Bleachers.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• If you look at the Niners close games, the blueprint for beating them is pretty straight forward.

You either need a strong running game capable of controlling the clock with a disciplined defense that won't give up big plays (Baltimore, Steelers). Or you need an elite QB who can consistently make plays out of nothing with a defense that can either force turnovers or stop the run (NO, Atlanta, Seattle).

The Vikings are one of the rare teams that have most of those qualities. So yeah, they can absolutely beat the 49ers. In fact, they look like a pretty scary match up for them. Why? Because, depending on how you feel about Cousins vs Garoppolo, position by position, the Vikings probably have the more talented offense top to bottom. W/ Cook on the field the Vikings have a top 5 offense in almost every category. Even if you only look at games with Kittle, the Niners never rank higher than 8th in any major offensive category.

And defensively? The gap is not that large.

Niners Rankings:
    Pass Rush: 2nd
    Pass D: 2nd
    Run D: 11th

Vikings Rankings:
    Pass Rush: 4th
    Pass D: 7th
    Run D: 9th

I'm not sure I would pick them to win. Cousins is a wildcard. Diggs looks like he might be Antonio Brown 2.0. And the 49ers defense have won games at home seemingly by themselves. I just hope the game is close and as physical as can be.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• The Vikings now versus 2018 are not quite as strong as they used to be, particularly at CB.

Cousins finally wins a big game. Finally.

Vikings recent history tends to show them not showing up in the big moments. The 2017 NFC Championship game was an absolute let down for football fans.

The Rams of late have done more.

And with regards to SF vs. MINN in particular, there's something about playing in Minnesota that has been tough AF for the 49ers (2012, 2018). I think the Vikings have covered against the spread against the 49ers in Minneapolis going all the way back to 1991 or something.

Having said that, the Vikings in SF isn't anything remarkable to discuss. 2015 the NFC North champs lost their opener to Tomsula, Kap, and 'em.

Obviously very different situations.

I thought the 49ers and Jimmy were underrated in that first game against the Vikings. They did move the ball on Zimmer a lot better than the final score indicated. Given the noise of that stadium it was a decent outing.

Now with a more complete team, more experienced Kyle and Jimmy G, the bye week, 3 important guys coming back, I just don't see the Niners dropping to the Vikings. If so, it would mean that the Vikings really picked up on some kind of weakness that other teams couldn't. Or maybe the 49ers pass rush has truly failed.

And if the Vikings do win this game, they better go to the Super Bowl or I'll add them to my hated list!! :)
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• NINEster wrote:I thought the 49ers and Jimmy were underrated in that first game against the Vikings. They did move the ball on Zimmer a lot better than the final score indicated. Given the noise of that stadium it was a decent outing.

Now with a more complete team, more experienced Kyle and Jimmy G, the bye week, 3 important guys coming back, I just don't see the Niners dropping to the Vikings. If so, it would mean that the Vikings really picked up on some kind of weakness that other teams couldn't. Or maybe the 49ers pass rush has truly failed.

And if the Vikings do win this game, they better go to the Super Bowl or I'll add them to my hated list!! :)

How bad were people rating Jimmy after that game for his performance to be underrated? He threw 1 TD and 3 picks, completed 48% of his passes, and had a QB rating of 45.1 in his first game against the Vikings.

I don't think the Vikings would need to exploit any major weakness to beat you guys. They just need to keep the game close going into crunch time, and if they can do that, anything can happen. I mean shoot, that's exactly what the Ravens, Seahawks, and Falcons did.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• The Vikings are capable of winning the Super Bowl. They are one of the most balanced teams left. As long as Cousins doesn’t give the game away they can beat anyone, anywhere.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• rcaido wrote:They will get screwed by the refs if the game is close....

Right now its 50 50 for me who the hawks should play against if we beat greenbay.

They didn't last week and i promise you the NFL would rather have had the Saints moving on.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• The Vikings had 2 chances to beat GB this season, and they couldn't. GB being the team that the 49ers easily manhandled. If the 49ers D can do what it did to Rodgers, what do you think they'll do to Cousins? His cinderella story ends next weekend.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

• 12AngryHawks wrote:The Vikings had 2 chances to beat GB this season, and they couldn't. GB being the team that the 49ers easily manhandled. If the 49ers D can do what it did to Rodgers, what do you think they'll do to Cousins? His cinderella story ends next weekend.

It's been proven a million times over that the transitive property does not work in the NFL. It's all about match-ups in each game.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• NOPE!
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• I think if the Vikings can keep Kittle in check they will win
    but that's a big if.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Well...they've done it before.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• At least Golden Rings gets it. That's a lot better than "Nope" or "No Chance"
    Come on, ANY team in the NFC could get to the Superb Owl. All 4 teams are very capable.
    To act like the Vikings have zero change is plain dumb. I think the Niners WILL win, but it certainly wouldn't be some huge shocker if the Vikings win. Shoot, they just knocked off the Saints. Saints are every bit as good as the almighty 49ers.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:At least Golden Rings gets it. That's a lot better than "Nope" or "No Chance"
    Come on, ANY team in the NFC could get to the Superb Owl. All 4 teams are very capable.
    To act like the Vikings have zero change is plain dumb. I think the Niners WILL win, but it certainly wouldn't be some huge shocker if the Vikings win. Shoot, they just knocked off the Saints. Saints are every bit as good as the almighty 49ers.

I said "NOPE" because that my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• Says the guy who spends all his time on a Seahawks site. But hey, why even play the game? I mean, the 49ers are the greatest team in the history of the NFL. Nobody could POSSIBLY beat these guys.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:At least Golden Rings gets it. That's a lot better than "Nope" or "No Chance"

Let's be fair Soulfish, these are the same declarations you make about the Hawks on the main forum. Lot's of eternal optimism and confidence.

Which is great, but don't criticize other team's fans for doing the same thing you do.

This is the divisional round, you're right anything can happen......and if the Vikings play like they did against the Saints? Watch out Niners.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I watched a few Vikings games last night. Their offensive line seems fairly porous and they rely on a consistent running game and screen game to keep the chains moving. They do have the occasional explosive deep pass. I am really excited to have Dee Ford back on the field as I thought our D line looked unstoppable with him on the field. The key on defense is going to be stopping the run.

Defensively they do not give up a lot of yardage in the run game, but the YPC can be higher. I think we should be able to keep our run game productive in order to set up play action. The Seahawks down right ran it down their throats. The defensive line can generate pressure, but there is no "splash" player there. I think if we can eliminate turnovers we will have an advantage. When we played them last year in Minnesota, the offense had some key turnovers including a fumble on the 1 yard line. Their defense seems to generate turnovers

Levis should be lifting our defense, but Cousins showed he is immune to noise and obviously it will not be as load as Clink or the Superdome. 49ers have played better on the road this year than at home, much like the Seahawks, but I think the advantage in the number one seed is the week off to rest bodies and to get guys like Kwon alexander back.

I don't know, I say 49ers win this game 65% of the time. I could see us blowing them out if the defense plays like it used to and we stop the run. If Cousins is forced to 3rd and long and the pressure is like it was in the early season, it could be like the first Rams game.

I could see the 49ers losing if we have some big turnovers, they can run the ball consistently and they have a few big down field splash plays
    94Smith
    NET Rookie

• In terms of talent, I think the Vikings and Niners are pretty even - could definitely see the Vikings pulling it off and think it will be a close game.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Says the guy who spends all his time on a Seahawks site. But hey, why even play the game? I mean, the 49ers are the greatest team in the history of the NFL. Nobody could POSSIBLY beat these guys.

Please reread the title of the thread, keyword being think.

My answer now that I have thought about it again is still NOPE!
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• 94Smith wrote:I watched a few Vikings games last night. Their offensive line seems fairly porous and they rely on a consistent running game and screen game to keep the chains moving. They do have the occasional explosive deep pass. I am really excited to have Dee Ford back on the field as I thought our D line looked unstoppable with him on the field. The key on defense is going to be stopping the run.

Defensively they do not give up a lot of yardage in the run game, but the YPC can be higher. I think we should be able to keep our run game productive in order to set up play action. The Seahawks down right ran it down their throats. The defensive line can generate pressure, but there is no "splash" player there. I think if we can eliminate turnovers we will have an advantage. When we played them last year in Minnesota, the offense had some key turnovers including a fumble on the 1 yard line. Their defense seems to generate turnovers

Levis should be lifting our defense, but Cousins showed he is immune to noise and obviously it will not be as load as Clink or the Superdome. 49ers have played better on the road this year than at home, much like the Seahawks, but I think the advantage in the number one seed is the week off to rest bodies and to get guys like Kwon alexander back.

I don't know, I say 49ers win this game 65% of the time. I could see us blowing them out if the defense plays like it used to and we stop the run. If Cousins is forced to 3rd and long and the pressure is like it was in the early season, it could be like the first Rams game.

I could see the 49ers losing if we have some big turnovers, they can run the ball consistently and they have a few big down field splash plays

Honestly, I think the biggest advantage of playing at home is not that crowd noise would be an issue for the other team, its that it WON'T be an issue for the Niners.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:I watched a few Vikings games last night. Their offensive line seems fairly porous and they rely on a consistent running game and screen game to keep the chains moving. They do have the occasional explosive deep pass. I am really excited to have Dee Ford back on the field as I thought our D line looked unstoppable with him on the field. The key on defense is going to be stopping the run.

Honestly, I think the biggest advantage of playing at home is not that crowd noise would be an issue for the other team, its that it WON'T be an issue for the Niners.

Not a huge advantage but its outside and on natural grass. Could be a disadvantage for a dome team.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• Noted.
    I appreciate the confidence. But claiming that someone has NO CHANCE is just corny.
    The opponent always has a chance, especially in the playoffs. The Vikings are a damn good team. If they were playing the Hawks IN SEATTLE this weekend, I would not only think they have a chance, but a very good chance.
    And hey, if we can't give each other crap, it's just not as fun. Go Vikes
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Noted.
    I appreciate the confidence. But claiming that someone has NO CHANCE is just corny.
    The opponent always has a chance, especially in the playoffs. The Vikings are a damn good team. If they were playing the Hawks IN SEATTLE this weekend, I would not only think they have a chance, but a very good chance.

Niners have all the advantages in this game...more rest, home game, etc, but that doesn't decide the winner.

Minn has a chance. A good one.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Kirk's monkey is off his back, and the Vikings as a whole are playing with house money. That in itself is dangerous, but a WR/TE corps of Theilen, Diggs, Rudolph and Dalvin Cook out of the backfield is scary for any team.

I do think the niners win a close game on Saturday, but it wont be easy. I could definitely see it being a one score final either way.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Noted.

I agree about giving each other crap but the problem is when the crap starts to fly and your side can't handle it then the troll accusation start coming out.

Never said theres no chance. Again the question was does anyone think the Vikes beat the 9ers. I think not.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• Same thing Saints fans were saying last weekend. For the record, I do think the Niners win.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• NFL Throwback just posted a highlights video of the game I linked earlier. Here's it is:

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I can't help but wonder if we're about to see a new Kirk Cousins. He finally got over the big game hump. He might walk in with swagger and confidence now in a way he never has before.

I confess I'm actually rather curious to see how the Vikings-49ers game unfolds. There are several different outcomes I can easily see happening.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Next

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information