Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I let my 6-yo son become a 9er fan?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:48 pm
  • https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/1/6/210 ... niners-fan

"Now I live in SF and I have a six year old son. He's about the age I was when I started professional rooting interests. Part of me wants to say he can root for whatever team he wants. I believe in letting kids have a lot of freedom to make their own decisions. Also, I worry a bit about how other kids will treat him if he's rooting for the Seahawks.

"But part of me just wants to say, "Here's who we root for: The most exciting, exasperating, all around fun group of warriors to suit up on game day. They're always close, they never quit, and they have some of the greatest characters to play the game."

"SF has a lot of people from around the country and around the world. I feel like he could get away with rooting for the Seahawks here (unlike in, say, Philly). At the same time, even if it is not my home town, it is his. I don't know if I should be trying to take away his natural rooting interest."

The dilemma of this poor parent...I'm torn really on what I would do.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yes.

It's a great team to cheer for and we are really good this year. Kids like the very good teams. :D

I think in human psychology and parenting and raising a kid you are actually supposed to let a kid choose things. Like directing them or forcing them is bad. In any direction. That's a real thing.
    Last edited by SanDiego49er on Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

• What brought you to Santa Clara anyway? Job and career? Are you in the technology industry? But you are from the Seattle area? I just wondered what the story was.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

• It is such a dilemma.

This kid is impressionable yet. He won't want to do what his parents aren't, but at the same time, he's immersed in a culture of red and gold that Dad also chooses to partake in everytime he tunes in to local TV or radio. And kids pick on whoever's different, especially if it's a fan of a hated rival.

This dad will probably end up funding a lot of 49ers junior merch b/c, well, peer pressure. If I were Dad, I'd fund some tickets to take the kid to the home and away game. Just to let the kid know, that well, there are options out there.

Just saw your Q, SD49er. I'm a native San Franciscan, moved from place to place, before coming back. I've been here most of my life, but for most of my life, I didn't much care for football or any spectator sport, really.

Then I met Resident SO 49er who finally answered all my stupid questions about football. I began to pay attention to the game, and to fall in love. With another team.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:It is such a dilemma.

This kid is impressionable yet. He won't want to do what his parents aren't, but at the same time, he's immersed in a culture of red and gold that Dad also chooses to partake in everytime he tunes in to local TV or radio. And kids pick on whoever's different, especially if it's a fan of a hated rival.

This dad will probably end up funding a lot of 49ers junior merch b/c, well, peer pressure. If I were Dad, I'd fund some tickets to take the kid to the home and away game. Just to let the kid know, that well, there are options out there.

Just saw your Q, SD49er. I'm a native San Franciscan, moved from place to place, before coming back. I've been here most of my life, but for most of my life, I didn't much care for football or any spectator sport, really.

Then I met Resident SO 49er who finally answered all my stupid questions about football. I began to pay attention to the game, and to fall in love. With another team.

LOL. It's not that bad. If I had a kid and moved to Seattle and he was surrounded by Seahawks influences I don't think I would mind it that bad who they cheer for. Kids just cheer for whoever all their friends like. Which is likely the local area team.

How to you come from the San Francisco area and become a Seahawks fan?
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

• I'd been back for 15 years, but never "felt" anything for the 9ers. Even when I was in a higher position and got tickets for the games, I still felt nothing for them. They'd advance, I'd buy some shirt from a gas station, and that'd be it. But that was the case where I lived before (KC, Detroit, Boulder) and where I grew up. And a lot of that was b/c I was clueless about the game and had no one to ask.

I really didn't pay attention to any of those games, not until the green and blue became a factor--a much hated factor--here. Concomitant with my growing knowledge of the game was knowledge of how these players played, their stories, their coach, their owner--a Microsoft guy. And given that this team was always featured here, they just seemed to me to be the more classy bunch to follow, the more relatable.

And that's really my secret--now out. The year I became a fan was 2013. I'm sure I will get so much s from fellow hawks fans for that.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• San Fran is a weird city. I went to school in the Bay Area during the height of the Harbaugh era, and I rarely saw jersey's and only met a handful of people who identified themselves as Niners fans while I was in the city. In fact, most people I ran into seemed almost oblivious to the team. It was a strange experience for someone whose grown up in both Philly and Seattle where you'll randomly turn a corner in mid May and hear "SEA-HAWKS" or "FLY EAGLES".

In my experience, trying to force a kid to like a team usually leads to them liking the rival. And honestly, now that they play games in Santa Clara, you and your kid can pretty much rep any team without fear of being patronized or harassed at games. Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case in Candlestick.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:San Fran is a weird city. I went to school in the Bay Area during the height of the Harbaugh era, and I rarely saw jersey's and only met a handful of people who identified themselves as Niners fans while I was in the city. In fact, most people I ran into seemed almost oblivious to the team. It was a strange experience for someone whose grown up in both Philly and Seattle where you'll randomly turn a corner in mid May and hear "SEA-HAWKS" or "FLY EAGLES".

In my experience, trying to force a kid to like a team usually leads to them liking the rival. And honestly, now that they play games in Santa Clara, you and your kid can pretty much rep any team without fear of being patronized or harassed at games. Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case in Candlestick.

The 49ers fandom was IMO strongest in the 1990s. At that time, it was exactly as you describe. I used to dread when the 9ers won big games, b/c people would start shooting at things and each other.

Levi's changed all that. Gone were the blue-collar wrassling fights at Candlestick parking lots. Gone too was the idea of "ordinary people" getting season tickets with the PSLs. It became a corporate venture with primo seats held for people who never cared about the game, just another Big Tech opportunity behind some glass sponsored by yet another 35-yo prompting big-tech speak. Most of your lifelong 49ers could not afford this, nor did they want to attend games that wouldn't be 35 minutes away, but really three hours away after they scraped you for parking.

I went to their preseason games when that stadium opened. Even I with my neophyte knowledge could see how pathetic it was. People literally did not know that you're supposed to be QUIET once the team you want is on third down.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• You can't force him, but I will say I don't think stuff gets set in stone until their teenage years. I was a Chiefs fan until I was 15. I hopped on the Seahawks in late 1998, I'd say if there was a turning point, it was the Phantom Touchdown, followed by the Holmgren hire.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Let him choose

(Subliminal messages while he sleeps are ok too)
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/1/6/21054570/do-i-let-my-six-year-old-son-become-a-niners-fan

"Now I live in SF and I have a six year old son. He's about the age I was when I started professional rooting interests. Part of me wants to say he can root for whatever team he wants. I believe in letting kids have a lot of freedom to make their own decisions. Also, I worry a bit about how other kids will treat him if he's rooting for the Seahawks.

"But part of me just wants to say, "Here's who we root for: The most exciting, exasperating, all around fun group of warriors to suit up on game day. They're always close, they never quit, and they have some of the greatest characters to play the game."

"SF has a lot of people from around the country and around the world. I feel like he could get away with rooting for the Seahawks here (unlike in, say, Philly). At the same time, even if it is not my home town, it is his. I don't know if I should be trying to take away his natural rooting interest."

Yes...It's something a young child can look forward to supporting.
    rjas77
    NET Rookie

• knownone wrote:San Fran is a weird city. I went to school in the Bay Area during the height of the Harbaugh era, and I rarely saw jersey's and only met a handful of people who identified themselves as Niners fans while I was in the city. In fact, most people I ran into seemed almost oblivious to the team. It was a strange experience for someone whose grown up in both Philly and Seattle where you'll randomly turn a corner in mid May and hear "SEA-HAWKS" or "FLY EAGLES".

So...there is this thing about SF. They are really more Giants fans than anything. The Niners really have been a "Bay Area" team much more than specifically an SF team.

The reality is that more that 50% of the Season ticket holders at Candlestick were from the South Bay. While people in SF and the North Bay cry about the Niner moving south to SC, the reality is that the team actually moved CLOSER to the largest portion of their season ticket base. I think it was like only 9% of their season ticket holders were from the city of SF (don't quote me...not sure of exact figure).

As for the question at large, while I'd love to tell you "of course let him be a Niners fan!!!" I'd be lyin if I didn't say I've kinda guided my own kids. Now I didn't tell them they COULDN'T be a fan of another team, but I did introduce them to Niner fandom early.

If they decided tho to be a fan of another team, I would of course let them. There are a ton of people in the Bay Area who are from all different parts of the country and rep different teams. My manager here at work came here for the job but is from Minneapolis and is a huge Vikings fan. I'll be taking him to the game on Saturday.

Its Silicon Valley and a lot of people come here for work and are fans of different teams. No biggy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• If he knows why he wants to root for them, and he's dead set on that decision, then yes.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

• Hell no! If he starts being a Niner fan, you put him on restriction until he smartens up.
    Tough love! 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Of course you do. You also immediately disinherit him, and kick him to the curb as soon as he's 18. You also only buy him Seahawks swag or nothing at all for Christmas. Actions have consequences! :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Let him, just buy him Seahawks gear for Christmas and his Birthdays till he gets the message, besides if he doesn't change it will make for great Sundays in front of the TV having intrafamily rivalry's to talk over etc when he gets older.

My Oldest was a Packer fan when he was younger, the Farve days, he's an avid Seahawks fan now.

Only took all the gear I had three broken fingers and a Concussion or to :)

Just kidding. The gear is real though.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The one thing that can trump where your from is who your Dad roots for. He can make plenty of decisions on his own but not being a Niners fan just because his little bastard friends are. Tell him Marshawn is from the Bay and he's a Seahawk.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/1/6/21054570/do-i-let-my-six-year-old-son-become-a-niners-fan

He is 6.... Let him become one because in a year or two at max they will go right back to the turd-show they have been for most of the last two decades. Just like the Rams. You show your pride for the Seahawks and he will be right there with you before he is ten.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• When I was 6 the Seahawks didn't even exist. I had to root for the Steelers because the family originated there but even then the local broadcast was ALWAYS Raiders or Rams. I chose the Seahawks because their uniforms were cool looking and by the time I was a teenager they were actually good.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:07 am
  • This is a no brainer.

HELL NO
    you never let anyone you care for root for the 9ers, especially your own flesh and blood.

I fully understand the dilemma though.

The only answer is, GTFO of the Bay Area.

You have to move away.
    Quit your job, put your home on the market, and rent a UHaul.

Hurry before it’s too late.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Do I let my 6-yo son become a 9er fan?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:24 am
  • Preface this....I have a friend that is retired military as I am and we were stationed at the same location. Military has multitudes of people from differing locations...therefore different teams are normal for us.

That said, Due to me and a few others, his boy became a Seahawk fan. He is a niner fan. Me and his boy met again a couple years back at a Niner game and he picked up a free Niner Banner for his dad. It is all how you approach the situation and be kind and considerate.

Shower him with the team colors you want him to be a fan of. And if it does not work...Let it go.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:59 am
  • Yep, gotta let it happen organically.

And in terms of gear the 49ers colors and look is one of the best in sports.

Socially, it is probably more important to have teams in common with your peers than with your folks.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:06 am
  • I was a 49er fan in the Joe Montana days. I loved that guy, he was so unflappable. And there was something about the way he seemed so average, yet played so elite that was appealing.

I also enjoyed Bill Walsh's style of offense, and was always surprised at how good their defense was. I believe it was because like Pete Carroll, they "made" elite defensive players out of guys who had the talent, but without the proper coaching, never would have realized it.

I'm a firm believer that players like Kam Chancellor, Brandon Browner, and KJ Wright would never have reached their full potential had they played for anyone else. Pete saw what was in them, gave them a shot, and allowed them to become who they were. That's what I saw in SF. A lot of those now great players were not great to begin with. But they were allowed to become great. And shown how to get there. Not told, but shown.

But then SF traded "Joltin' Joe" and I became a Chiefs fan. If he hadn't gotten hurt, I believe he would have taken KC to the Superbowl. I remember Bill Walsh talking about watching Joe at Notre Dame, "He had the best feet I'd ever seen."

That's quite a compliment.

But after that, and once Seattle moved to the NFCW, my ire moved from Oakland and Denver, to SF, the Rams, and AZ.

One thing of note, this has been one of the BEST divisions in the NFL for a long time now. Every team in this division has been to at least one Superbowl, and 3 of them have won it. I still feel bad for Kurt Warner and AZ. Big Kurt Warner fan.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:15 am
  • Surely he cant be a 49er fan as he actually knows who is dad is?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:Surely he cant be a 49er fan as he actually knows who is dad is?

Wrong side of the bay. :)

49ers are Techies, their issue is they never leave their laptops long enough to have kids.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• You can let it happen if you're ok with us calling CPS on you.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:11 pm
  • Interesting thread. My son was born into this family so by birth, he is a Seahawks fan. No two ways about it.

He is 11 now, and is likely a bigger fan of the Seahawks than I am. He gets real upset when they lose, and walks with a swagger in school the next day when they win. He lives and dies by the Seahawks. Shoot, he has action figures of Alexander, Lynch, Wilson, and Sherm on his desk in his bedroom. He also watches Seahawk highlights on youtube through the year, not just during the season.

Wasn't that hard for him to become a Seahawks fan. Don't overthink this.

LastRideOut
    NET Rookie

• I was about 6 when I went to my first Hawks game in the Dome
    I was hooked by all that energy so it was easy for me to decide.
    My dad took me to that game but he was a Bears fan then but
    we became Hawks fans together that day in the Hawks first
    season.
    I say you have to let him choose but take him to Seattle first :2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• A few thoughts:

(1) Fully agreed with Marvin that the 9ers are the Bay Area's team for a whole generation (I grew up in the East Bay when the Raiders were in Los Angeles), and that the cavalry of really die hard 9ers fans mostly come from this time period too.

The team was so bad for about a decade (say 2001 to 2011 roughly) that there was maybe only 50% fandom adoption from kids who were picking teams. The Giants were GOOD. The Warriors were AMAZING. Kids, in deciding which teams they're gonna fall in love with, are obviously gonna pick the winners. This was absolutely no different for me as a kid when I became a diehard 49ers and A's fan -- and those are the two major fandoms formed in my childhood that I still maintain, even as those teams having gone through long spells of sucking.

For the last five years it's basically been impossible to find an 8-12 year old within a 100 mile radius who isn't decked out in Warriors gear. They'll stay Warriors fans through thin years too. It's just the way it is. The Hawks have built up a ton of young lifelong fans since 2012 I'd imagine too -- kids who coulda ended up as die hard Mariners fans are now life long die hard Hawks fans.

(2) I don't think the move to Santa Clara is really what's going on with anything, but rather, the move to Santa Clara happened somewhat concurrently with MASSIVE changes to SF, the South Bay, and East Bay.

There's always been *some of this* but the Bay Area is now basically Los Angeles: an entire region of transplants with wildly diverse rooting interests from all across the country, and with a ton of people who grew up in the area not being able to afford to stay (they're getting pushed out to places like Stockton at the closest, and really getting scattered away all across the country). Transplants will adopt winners (see the Warriors fandom), but basically just ignore the existence of local teams that aren't front runners.

At the end of the day the lack of 9ers fans around (which I've seen too when I go back home) has WAY more to do with changes to the Bay Area than it does the 9ers or their stadium.

FWIW though I loved growing up in the Bay Area, and now can't stand the place. :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Oh, and as for the actual question, the problem with kids is that in the long run they're going to do what they want to do. :lol:

I don't even live in the U.S. anymore and my five year old daughter roots for the 9ers simple because she has no idea what the hell is going on and I root for the 9ers. She has a Frank Gore jersey, but again, I'm just kind of going with the flow on it. She's expressed some interest in local teams and sports because her friends are into them, so I just support that too. :2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• There's always been *some of this* but the Bay Area is now basically Los Angeles: an entire region of transplants with wildly diverse rooting interests from all across the country, and with a ton of people who grew up in the area not being able to afford to stay (they're getting pushed out to places like Stockton at the closest, and really getting scattered away all across the country). Transplants will adopt winners (see the Warriors fandom), but basically just ignore the existence of local teams that aren't front runners.

While this is all true, it is most true for those fans who aren't invested in the sport itself.

If you are, the most available way to get games is on the local market, which you can do even without cable, or just with an AM radio. The local sports coverage you'll listen to will mostly be those markets. You go to the gas station or to the mall, the merch there is going to be 90 percent local teams.

So I'd expect people to gravitate toward the local teams, especially if those teams are the only ones the kid is seeing despite the record. I'd encourage Dad to invest in Sunday Ticket or Gamepass that he and the kid can both watch on their TV.

As far as the prospect of kids getting bullied for this, for reasons that Popeye said, I think it's not that likely here even if it is the Hawks. It could happen though. Kids are notorious for torturing others for bad reasons.
    Last edited by SantaClaraHawk on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• ^^^ Yeah, absolutely.

In a funny way I think it's as likely in the next ten years or so that I end becoming a half-fan of the local teams BECAUSE OF MY KID as my kid ends up becoming a half fan of my favorite non-local teams because of me. :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:11 am
  • Popeye? I don't know your history (outside of your board history), but I would put the odds of you transitioning fandoms as extremely low.

You sound like someone who came of age w/the 9ers. Maybe when you were younger, you saw them practicing in Redwood City or your PeeWee team got brought to Candlestick for some honorary event. In my experience, this is what makes young fans stay even through the thinnest of years. That and being with their parents watching when an especially explosive play came down.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:45 am
  • It is more about the love of the game. Everyone has to have a team. Let the team come naturally. Let him root for whatever football team he wants. Help him build that foundation of respect and desire to root, cheer and even play footbal soon. It's all about the game!!!
    stang233
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:47 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:A few thoughts:

(1) Fully agreed with Marvin that the 9ers are the Bay Area's team for a whole generation (I grew up in the East Bay when the Raiders were in Los Angeles), and that the cavalry of really die hard 9ers fans mostly come from this time period too.

The team was so bad for about a decade (say 2001 to 2011 roughly) that there was maybe only 50% fandom adoption from kids who were picking teams. The Giants were GOOD. The Warriors were AMAZING. Kids, in deciding which teams they're gonna fall in love with, are obviously gonna pick the winners. This was absolutely no different for me as a kid when I became a diehard 49ers and A's fan -- and those are the two major fandoms formed in my childhood that I still maintain, even as those teams having gone through long spells of sucking.

For the last five years it's basically been impossible to find an 8-12 year old within a 100 mile radius who isn't decked out in Warriors gear. They'll stay Warriors fans through thin years too. It's just the way it is. The Hawks have built up a ton of young lifelong fans since 2012 I'd imagine too -- kids who coulda ended up as die hard Mariners fans are now life long die hard Hawks fans.

(2) I don't think the move to Santa Clara is really what's going on with anything, but rather, the move to Santa Clara happened somewhat concurrently with MASSIVE changes to SF, the South Bay, and East Bay.

There's always been *some of this* but the Bay Area is now basically Los Angeles: an entire region of transplants with wildly diverse rooting interests from all across the country, and with a ton of people who grew up in the area not being able to afford to stay (they're getting pushed out to places like Stockton at the closest, and really getting scattered away all across the country). Transplants will adopt winners (see the Warriors fandom), but basically just ignore the existence of local teams that aren't front runners.

At the end of the day the lack of 9ers fans around (which I've seen too when I go back home) has WAY more to do with changes to the Bay Area than it does the 9ers or their stadium.

FWIW though I loved growing up in the Bay Area, and now can't stand the place. :lol:

Wow. Really? I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 3 hours from snow, 45 minutes from beach.

Weird part is that I almost never make it into the city. SF itself holds no power over me.

Downside to the area is cost of living which has driven several of my friends out to Tracy and another to Virginia, but thankfully I bought my house young so rent/mortgage is a lot less than if I were buying now.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Of course you "let" him. Can't choose who you love, right? That being said, with a proper Seahawks home environment, it should never be in any doubt.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• While I don't support being a fan of the 49ers in general, I also don't support nationalism. Being pro-something by virtue of your physical location isn't a valid reason by itself to be a fan of something, though it's why almost all of us (and every other fan of every other team) is a fan of their team, myself included.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:While I don't support being a fan of the 49ers in general, I also don't support nationalism. Being pro-something by virtue of your physical location isn't a valid reason by itself to be a fan of something, though it's why almost all of us (and every other fan of every other team) is a fan of their team, myself included.

I think if you grow up in an area, you're predisposed to be a fan of the team just because of the local media saturation and that among your peers if you care about sports at all. I also think parental intervention (even if this is just expressing a different view) can change or dissuade this.

Case in point, I grew up in Broncoland. I did not care for sports at all, nor did my parents, but remember fully the Cowboys beating them, and remember all the "Yee Haws" from Cowboy fans coming in to where I was skiing. To this day, even as I shifted my extremely weak allegiance toward Denver, I have retained my resentment and hate for anything Cowboys.

So with that, I think the stakes go way up if there is another SEA/SF NFCCG.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• There are only a few ways a child can lose his way and screw up his/her life:
    1) Drug addiction
    2) Teen pregnancy
    3) Gang membership
    4) 49er fandom

I'm sorry the child will be sorely tempted growing up in the Bay area. May he resist temptation and not lose his way.
    We can only pray for his soul here at .net
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• If Dad gets Sunday Ticket and reps Hawks at home, if the kid plays PeeWee, I doubt this stays the situation for long.

When I was this kid's age, the voting ticket was McGovern vs. Nixon. The whole block was for McGovern (this was Boulder) but my parents were for Nixon, so I was too. These days I don't have a political party, but I'm not bashful for saying why. Such an early experience makes one stick up for oneself.

Like others have said, it's less and less likely that you'll have strong parental involvement. Most parents aren't that invested in their own rooting activity. This kid can still be saved with Sunday ticket and maybe a birthday party where everyone gets a Halloween-sized Skittles bag to take home.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:If Dad gets Sunday Ticket and reps Hawks at home, if the kid plays PeeWee, I doubt this stays the situation for long.

When I was this kid's age, the voting ticket was McGovern vs. Nixon. The whole block was for McGovern (this was Boulder) but my parents were for Nixon, so I was too. These days I don't have a political party, but I'm not bashful for saying why. Such an early experience makes one stick up for oneself.

Like others have said, it's less and less likely that you'll have strong parental involvement. Most parents aren't that invested in their own rooting activity. This kid can still be saved with Sunday ticket and maybe a birthday party where everyone gets a Halloween-sized Skittles bag to take home.

Bribes also work. Tell him if he wants a raise in allowance he needs to root for the proper team. :2thumbs: 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I say let him. From reading your posts on here, you seem more plugged into SF already as is. There is no malice in that comment by the way. It was something that popped into my head a while back reading a very detailed roster/team update on the 49ers from you that read like it was written by a 49er fan that spends a lot of time following the teams ebbs and flows. I had to double take on your screen name. It was really confusing.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Starter

• You should let your son be what he wants and try to support him for it. He will respect you more for it.
    MD5eahawks
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• OrangeGravy wrote:I say let him. From reading your posts on here, you seem more plugged into SF already as is. There is no malice in that comment by the way. It was something that popped into my head a while back reading a very detailed roster/team update on the 49ers from you that read like it was written by a 49er fan that spends a lot of time following the teams ebbs and flows. I had to double take on your screen name. It was really confusing.

Hey man, no worries. I love sports media in general, so what I hear through passive mediums like TV and radio is 90 percent 9ers, plus the fam are 9ers fans. While not a fan myself, I don't HATE them or anyone like I do the Cowboys, which makes it easier just to follow a team as the local team, same as I would if it were Detroit or Philly or whomever.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• I personally think it’s cool for him to know you are a Seahawks fan cause you’re from Seattle and to let him know he can root for whatever team he wants too, but I’d tell him he’s from Seattle.

You can guilt him that way. Lol.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information