49ers Fans Agony?

grm

Reaction score
Why so butthurt? Is it the Sherman cognitive dissonance? The glory years thing? So many so wrong about the Kap vs RW ceiling thingy?

I must say, I visit a lot of forms, but the bitterness and pain, obvious in so many Seahawk threads, evidenced by the foul language, the conspiracy theories and the constant belittling of hawks fans, is just making the web zone boring. They have some amazing posters, johnydel, thl08, Ncommand and others, and just great 9er posters here, but there are some that are just relentless in their whining about you guys. They take so much, so personally...and that's coming from a Pat's fan that frequents jets forums!

What does the misery stem from?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
2013 and 2014 mostly.

That and the fact that the Niners ruled the NFC West for decades and then realignment happened and Seattle became the big bad in the division and relegated them from perennial playoff maven to also ran. I don't think The Faithful like the fact that we've been the most successful NFC West franchise since 2001.

Admittedly I've always hated the Niners, but my least favorite team in the division is actually the Rams. For some reason, whether they are bad or good, they just make the Hawks look awful.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
They are simply the worst butt hurt fans ever.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They talked a bunch of shit in 2013 and then got knocked out that year by “the Tip” and then watched Seattle went on to win it all, after they failed the year before. That stung them to their core, None of the Niner trolls will admit that fact though.

We were also the first ones to point out the Kraepper’s “fatal flaws” which the digit trolls protested against and denied, only for us to be proven right over time. None of them are will admit that now however.

We have a few cool “non-trolling” Niners fans here, this post isn’t aimed at them.
The trolls and “clever trolls” know who they are.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Well, if you're talking about the Webzone specifically, their fans specifically get s-ty against Seattle. There's no room for them to tolerate a "loyal opponent" longtime group as we've had here. They will just bounce them out either really soon or with attrition.

If you're talking about the fans/team in general, their mission is to advance in the PL and to defeat Seattle in doing so, because to them SEA is that cockroach, that little rat that keeps hanging around for spoilers. They thought they got "cheated" out of the NFCCG game, that it was all luck, and they're back to proving themselves not only for 2020 but for 2013.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
What are you talking about? First of all some person whining does not define all 49ers fans. Just as some person whining on here does not define all Seahawks fans. Just as some person whining on a Patriots forum does not define all Patriots fans. Also what does some past team have to do with this year? Or past players who are no longer on the team?

This team is a new team and a new year. BTW I noticed your Patriots got bounced in the first round in the wild card.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3kk5pokn said:
What are you talking about? First of all some person whining does not define all 49ers fans. Just as some person whining on here does not define all Seahawks fans. Just as some person whining on a Patriots forum does not define all Patriots fans. Also what does some past team have to do with this year? Or past players who are no longer on the team?

This team is a new team and a new year. BTW I noticed your Patriots got bounced in the first round in the wild card.

If you're talking to me SD49er, I am not a Patriots fan at all. In fact I relish that their dynasty is dust.

And, while I'm not a 9ers fan, I live with and around people who are lifetime diehards in a place marinating with all things 49ers. I guess you missed when I wrote how a restaurant refused to put on the actual game soundtrack to SEA/PHI because they "only did that for the 49ers."

Every single diehard I've met is extremely salty over NFCCG 2013, the turkey at 2014 and see this as their redemption, their long wake from slumber, their rightful place for sucking so hard in 2014-2018 and even, sometimes, for their prior long sucktitude spells.

You can't deny that in 49erland, the hate and disdain for the Hawks goes farther and deeper than it ever did toward the Pats or any other team.

OP
OP
G

grm

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3szwt52x said:

Hey, I see many great 49er fans, as I said in my post...like you for instance. But there seems to be an animosity that goes beyond football, in many 9er fans. Seems personal. Above and beyond.

Maybe the reasons above. And the popcorn/Bowman fiasco? That would be upsetting I guess.

Pat's done, yes, however not dead yet.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":nx0j2j97 said:
SanDiego49er":nx0j2j97 said:

If you're talking to me SD49er, I am not a Patriots fan at all. In fact I relish that their dynasty is dust.

And, while I'm not a 9ers fan, I live with and around people who are lifetime diehards in a place marinating with all things 49ers. I guess you missed when I wrote how a restaurant refused to put on the actual game soundtrack to SEA/PHI because they "only did that for the 49ers."

Every single diehard I've met is extremely salty over NFCCG 2013, the turkey at 2014 and see this as their redemption, their long wake from slumber, their rightful place for sucking so hard in 2014-2018 and even, sometimes, for their prior long sucktitude spells.

You can't deny that in 49erland, the hate and disdain for the Hawks goes farther and deeper than it ever did toward the Pats or any other team.

Yeah I know you are not a Patriots fan and it wasn't really directed at you personally. Some people are like that. I don't feel that way about the Seahawks.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
grm":kys8h9rv said:
SanDiego49er":kys8h9rv said:

Hey, I see many great 49er fans, as I said in my post...like you for instance. But there seems to be an animosity that goes beyond football, in many 9er fans. Seems personal. Above and beyond.

Maybe the reasons above. And the popcorn/Bowman fiasco? That would be upsetting I guess.

Pat's done, yes, however not dead yet.

I don't personally hate the Seahawks. People on the Seahawks.net can tell you I routinely have been on here advocating for Rashaad Penny (San Diego State Aztecs RB). I told people he can be good as long as he stays healthy and keeps his weight in check. But he was starting to come on and unfortunately got injured. I was sad to see that. I advocate for him heavily. People on here can vouch for that.

I went to Univeristy of Wisconsin (Russell Wilson). I knew how good he was before he was even a Seahawk. I have followed him a lot over the years both in College and in the Pros.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
My personal take on that is if it exists first of all it's not all 49ers fans. If it does there are some people who feel like it's their divine right as 49ers fans to have the winning dynasty. This would be more prevalent with the older fans. They had seen them win and be a dynasty and routinely crush other teams. So some of the lean years were hard on them.

When Eddie Debartolo lost the team it was transferred to the Yorks. Denise Debartolo York (Eddie D sister) and John York her husband. Jed York the son is the face of the franchise and who they put out to the public at least. After years of a dominant owner (Eddie D) who wanted to win and would do anything possible we got stuck with the Yorks (garbage pile owners who got lucky on Shanahan and John Lynch GM). They tie your hands behind your back and try to prevent you from winning. It's hard to win with dysfunctional owners.

A lot of the down years can be traced back to highly dysfunctional ownership (Yorks). And fans would just get frustrated and be mad at whatever team. The Seahawks won some years because they have Russell Wilson who is really good and Peter Carroll who is also very good. They also had a Microsoft billionaire who would give you whatever money you need to succeed. Ownership matters. The difference between Eddie D and the Yorks is night and day. Just a dramatic difference.

Fans who were mad at a team are just clueless. If you have a good organization you win like the Seahawks had a good run. They just didn't look deep enough. There were reasons for the 4 - 12 years we had. Ownership hired cheap GM's, cheap coaches, cheap assistants, wouldn't pay high paid free agents, didn't want to draft too high because you have to pay a lot of money. In short it starts at the top and ownership matters a lot.

Being mad at a team who is successful is irrational IMO when your organization has messed up so much stuff over the last 15+ years. Now they have somewhat righted the ship. We will see. It seems they have learned from some of their mistakes and are actually trying harder. I mean the Yorks were so lazy they would just promote from within for position coaches because they didn't want to do a job search for a real head coaching candidate and they didn't want to pay a top tier name either. See Tomsula. That's exactly what they did there.

Then the result is year after year of bad teams. Set up by the Yorks BTW. But we were down for so long we got tons of top 3, top 5, top 10 picks. It kind of turned around now. In comes Shanahan to coach and John Lynch to GM with a lot of young talent added over the years and here we are. Relevant again.

But no I don't personally hate the Seahawks or any team for that matter. But that's just me. If 49ers fans want to hate something they should hate their owners (the Yorks). Because trust me they are really bad. You have no idea how bad. Seahawks and Patriots fans just cna't understand because you have functional ownership.

:)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Well, Paul died and no one knows if Jodi wants to keep the team long-term or if she'll get in a family fight (see Brittany Bowlen of the Broncos) in doing so. How she does remains to be seen long-term with every year since Paul's passing.

The Patriots IME are not being a good team in letting Robert Kraft stay on as the face of the franchise. Every time I see him now, I think of the sucky-sucky that this old man rolled up to in his Rolls to get for $79, followed by his trip in his private jet for a championship game. Jonathan Kraft is already installed in many duties, but because of RK's ego is not named. Time to name JK officially.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2b93xv2x said:
Well, Paul died and no one knows if Jodi wants to keep the team long-term or if she'll get in a family fight (see Brittany Bowlen of the Broncos) in doing so. How she does remains to be seen long-term with every year since Paul's passing.

The Patriots IME are not being a good team in letting Robert Kraft stay on as the face of the franchise. Every time I see him now, I think of the sucky-sucky that this old man rolled up to in his Rolls to get for $79, followed by his trip in his private jet for a championship game. Jonathan Kraft is already installed in many duties, but because of RK's ego is not named. Time to name JK officially.

Maybe there is some transition there after Paul Allen died. All I can say is as a 49ers fan your ownership counts A LOT. It starts at the top. Being a "Santa Clara" Hawk I'm sure you are well aware at least of the situation even if you aren't directly a 49ers fan. I mean the difference between a great owner (Eddie Debartolo) and horrible owners (the Yorks) is just night and day. A massive difference.

I feel like you have your hands tied behind your back, pulling a semi trailer up hill with no engine with your teeth. That describes the Yorks for you. That's your chances at winning with them. They got lucky with Shanahan at coach and John Lynch at GM. Wait until they realize they have to give them both an extension on their contract and pay more money. They will likely run them out of town. They can still screw this up. Believe me.

As for losing Paul Allen and the transition that can always change your team. I don't know all the details on that one as I follow 49ers land more so when it comes to ownership, leadership and what they are doing. But what I can say is a good owner makes a difference. A bad owner will just kill all your chances. No questions asked.

:|

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1pu6yj8d said:

Where do you get this bullshit, we all questioned it early but she came out and said this is one of Paul's most prized accomplishments, that Vulcan has people to manage Operation aspects and that she is a fan and has been of both the Seahawks and the Huskies and she want's to keep Paul's dream and projects moving forward as he would have wished.

Secondly Paul had prepared everything in advance and she is his family.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":158pm1tu said:
SantaClaraHawk":158pm1tu said:

Where do you get this $h!t, we all questioned it early but she came out and said this is one of Paul's most prized accomplishments, that Vulcan has people to manage Operation aspects and that she is a fan and has been of both the Seahawks and the Huskies and she want's to keep Paul's dream and projects moving forward as he would have wished.

The only way to ironclad against a sale is to do what William Clay Ford did and have Martha swear up and down she wouldn't sell. In that case, the line of succession went straight to only Martha. Martha has three kids, and for her to do the same would be appointing one kid as the heir apparent with more "say" than the other kids. Look, this can work, but it gets more complicated with more family members involved. It kinda depends on where the family dynamic was beforehand.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":13ajx39f said:
chris98251":13ajx39f said:
SantaClaraHawk":13ajx39f said:

Where do you get this $h!t, we all questioned it early but she came out and said this is one of Paul's most prized accomplishments, that Vulcan has people to manage Operation aspects and that she is a fan and has been of both the Seahawks and the Huskies and she want's to keep Paul's dream and projects moving forward as he would have wished.

The only way to ironclad against a sale is to do what William Clay Ford did and have Martha swear up and down she wouldn't sell. In that case, the line of succession went straight to only Martha. Martha has three kids, and for her to do the same would be appointing one kid as the heir apparent with more "say" than the other kids. Look, this can work, but it gets more complicated with more family members involved. It kinda depends on where the family dynamic was beforehand.

Well after Jody it's her three kids, with the amount of business and properties and investments I would think she has a plan in place and a executor to handle it, Duncan is the eldest followed by Gardner and then Faye, there is like a 6 year difference between Gardner and Duncan.

There is so much to manage I don't think there will be a lack of things to have involvement with, there is the Portland Trail Blazers also.