Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill cowher I’m the hall of fame?!?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Bill cowher I’m the hall of fame?!?
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:26 pm

• XL* helped...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Suppose that's ultimately good news for Pete.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• I guess it helps when you play the Browns and Bengals 2x a season for 15 years.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• I posted a thread in The Shack about this. Please go there and let it loose guys
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Pete is behind Cowherd in overall win percentage due to his record with the Jets and Pats. His Seahawks average is better though, so it would depend how much his early coaching record is looked at (and whether voters take the situations he was coaching with into account).
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• He was a great coach. I loved his style. It was a cool moment for him and his family.

Let it goooo. It was almost 15 years ago
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• justafan wrote:............Let it goooo. It was almost 15 years ago

NEVER
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• justafan wrote:He was a great coach. I loved his style. It was a cool moment for him and his family.

Oh, it's the "I'm above it all and look down upon you peons." post. :34853_doh:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• What are you talking about? I dont hate the guy because we got some bad calls. All he did was coach. I watched it when it happened on the CBS show and it was pretty cool for the guy and his family. If you want to be mad over a game that long ago go for it.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• Can't fault Cowher, blame the NFL League office for their Bettis agenda and the Officials.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Can't fault Cowher, blame the NFL League office for their Bettis agenda and the Officials.

This I agree with. However, as was posted in the shack thread by Cyrus12, guy was .500 in the playoffs and gifted his only Super Bowl. Without that gift, he doesn't get in. Furthermore, the Walrus would already be in if that game did not go down as it did because he'd have 2 SBs. Lastly, shouldn't Holmy be in anyway if Cower is? After all, he also had one Super Bowl win and his playoff record is 13-11, a .542 win pct. Suppose it's cuz Cower is a stealer?
    Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Can't fault Cowher, blame the NFL League office for their Bettis agenda and the Officials.

This I agree with. However, as was posted in the shack thread by Cyrus12, guy was .500 in the playoffs and gifted his only Super Bowl. Without that gift, he doesn't get in. Furthermore, the Walrus would already be in if that game did not go down as it did because he'd have 2 SBs. Lastly, shouldn't Holmy be in anyway if Cower is? After all, he also had one Super Bowl win and his playoff record is 13-11, a .542 win pct. Suppose it's cuz Cower is a stealer?

I would say since Holmgren called out the League and Officials when they came back home they never treated him the same.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Re: Bill cowher I’m the hall of fame?!?
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:01 pm
  • Is he still paying off the officials from super fix XL*?

Hey, did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• chris98251 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Can't fault Cowher, blame the NFL League office for their Bettis agenda and the Officials.

I would say since Holmgren called out the League and Officials when they came back home they never treated him the same.

I would say you're 100% correct
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Holmgren was also a coordinator for the dominant 49ers offense of the late 80s and early 90s when Montana was still the QB. If a head coach ever deserved to get in, it's him.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• I think the craziness of Cowher being in the Hall is that Jimmy Johnson is JUST NOW getting in the HOF too. WTF? Why wasn't he in there already?

Both had on air announcements today, which was kind of cool, but JJ should have been in there a long time ago.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:I think the craziness of Cowher being in the Hall is that Jimmy Johnson is JUST NOW getting in the HOF too. WTF? Why wasn't he in there already?

Both had on air announcements today, which was kind of cool, but JJ should have been in there a long time ago.

Agree, even as much as I hate *allas. 2 super bowl wins, and a third was won with essentially his team.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I think the craziness of Cowher being in the Hall is that Jimmy Johnson is JUST NOW getting in the HOF too. WTF? Why wasn't he in there already?

Agree, even as much as I hate *allas. 2 super bowl wins, and a third was won with essentially his team.

Yep. And Jerruh bought his way.........er, got in before Jimmy too. Ridiculous
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Holmgren > Cowher

Years 17 > 15
    Wins 161 >149
    Win Pct .592 <.623
    Playoff Wins 13 > 12
    Playoff Pct .542 < .571
    SB Appearances 3 > 2
    SB Wins 1 = 1

Pretty damn close I would argue Total Wins and Super bowl appearance should be held in the highest regard.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Holmgren > Cowher

Years 17 > 15
    Wins 161 >149
    Win Pct .592 <.623
    Playoff Wins 13 > 12
    Playoff Pct .542 < .571
    SB Appearances 3 > 2
    SB Wins 1 = 1*

Fixed it for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Re: Bill cowher I’m the hall of fame?!?
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:43 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Holmgren > Cowher

Years 17 > 15
    Wins 161 >149
    Win Pct .592 <.623
    Playoff Wins 13 > 12
    Playoff Pct .542 < .571
    SB Appearances 3 > 2
    SB Wins 1 = 1

Pretty damn close I would argue Total Wins and Super bowl appearance should be held in the highest regard.

Win Pct is more important than total wins if they both have significant amount of years under their belt but I agree those are obviously very similar stats
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Thread title reminds me of

5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• James in PA wrote:Holmgren > Cowher

Years 17 > 15
    Wins 161 >149
    Win Pct .592 <.623
    Playoff Wins 13 > 12
    Playoff Pct .542 < .571
    SB Appearances 3 > 2
    SB Wins 1 = 1*

Fixed it for ya.

I wonder if part of the reason he and Johnson got it but Holmgren didn't is because they both worked as NFL analysts, which afforded the NFL Hall of Fame an opportunity to ambush them with their nomination on semi-live TV in order to get a good story/entertainment for fans.

Or it could also be the additional work AS analysts that set them apart (still contributing to the NFL even after retiring). But if we're going conspiracy theory, then the entertainment value of surprising them at work could be part of why.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• justafan wrote:He was a great coach. I loved his style. It was a cool moment for him and his family.

:141847_bnono:
    IF you can "get over it" EVER, you are "just a fan" not a true blue and green bleedin' Seahawks fan...... :34853_doh:

They'll run you up the 12 flag pole around here for words like that son, marker my words! :les:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    James in PA wrote:Holmgren > Cowher

Years 17 > 15
    Wins 161 >149
    Win Pct .592 <.623
    Playoff Wins 13 > 12
    Playoff Pct .542 < .571
    SB Appearances 3 > 2
    SB Wins 1 = 1*

Fixed it for ya.

I wonder if part of the reason he and Johnson got it but Holmgren didn't is because they both worked as NFL analysts, which afforded the NFL Hall of Fame an opportunity to ambush them with their nomination on semi-live TV in order to get a good story/entertainment for fans.

Or it could also be the additional work AS analysts that set them apart (still contributing to the NFL even after retiring). But if we're going conspiracy theory, then the entertainment value of surprising them at work could be part of why.

Or it just could be a matter of Cower being a stealer and that has a cache' that really should not be a factor.
    Furthermore as someone mentioned. Holmgren was a burr in the league's saddle not only after the farce that was XL*, but at other times too iirc.
    Johnson should've been in already imo, and I hate the Cowpukes.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• The officials from that Super Bowl should introduce him.
    Keyhawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information