Sherman has a big mouth

xray

Reaction score
And he continues to back it up with big post season plays . Not much to argue against .

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":tcswt9hx said:
Still an elite cb.

He's still good... don't know about elite. but its probably semantics.

The INT was such a poor read and throw by cousins. But the real hero for the 9ers was their defensive front. Cousins cannot play effective QB under any kind of pressure. 9ers D line put it to him on the day.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
He's just as good as he always was. He just needed a year and a half to recover from all the achilles tendon injury stuff. Now that he is more healthy he is outstanding. It's great to have him. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. Yeah he talks a lot but he always did. For you too. That's how he gets himself psyched up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2fafcdp0 said:
He's just as good as he always was. He just needed a year and a half to recover from all the achilles tendon injury stuff. Now that he is more healthy he is outstanding. It's great to have him. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. Yeah he talks a lot but he always did. For you too. That's how he gets himself psyched up.

Well no, he's not as good as he always was.

But hes still good.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1d3qh7vj said:
SanDiego49er":1d3qh7vj said:

But hes still good.

He's just as good. He was hurt for a year and a half to two years. Now he is healthy again. He is not even 1% less good. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. You guys should not have let him go. Teams are terrified to throw over there all season long. When they do much like the Vikings playoff game really bad things happen. We are happy to have him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There isn't a player in my lifetime that has a bigger chasm between how much I love how he plays vs how much I hate his insufferable self created persecuted chip on shoulder act.

But I guess that's how Richard fuels and directs his emotions in order to play better? Idk, but man is his act tiring.

kobebryant

Reaction score
As long as a guy backs up his big talk with his performance I'll be a fan. It's when guys run their mouth but don't back it up, Mayfield and Rivers for example, that I'm not a fan of.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2afdv6ro said:
Uncle Si":2afdv6ro said:
SanDiego49er":2afdv6ro said:

But hes still good.

He's just as good. He was hurt for a year and a half to two years. Now he is healthy again. He is not even 1% less good. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. You guys should not have let him go. Teams are terrified to throw over there all season long. When they do much like the Vikings playoff game really bad things happen. We are happy to have him.

Sorry got to side with them on this one. Sherm is a good and very smart player but he's not as good as he use to be. What makes him so effective is his on the field presence and reputation, so most QBs avoid his side of the field all together. He is also goid at the role of guiding the other players on the field.

If the QBs challenged him most of the game my guess they would be 50/50 as far as success.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
kobebryant":1kvxviic said:
As long as a guy backs up his big talk with his performance I'll be a fan. It's when guys run their mouth but don't back it up, Mayfield and Rivers for example, that I'm not a fan of.

and ET.

ET's mouth has been writing checks that he can't cash.

D

DomeHawk

He is still good but no, not as good as he was.

The thing with Sherm is he will definitely tell you when he's done something good and ignore you when he hasn't.

rlkats

Reaction score
LastRideOut":2dezayhm said:
kobebryant":2dezayhm said:

and ET.

Ya I agree with ET. He had that smart ass comment / smirk when that reporter asked him about possibly playing the niners in the superbowl. This was a week before the Ravens and Niners played

Hey ET hows that looking now ding-a-ling

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rlkats":inyqhfuu said:
LastRideOut":inyqhfuu said:
kobebryant":inyqhfuu said:

and ET.

Ya I agree with ET. He had that smart ass comment / smirk when that reporter asked him about possibly playing the niners in the superbowl. This was a week before the Ravens and Niners played

Hey ET hows that looking now ding-a-ling

He was also talking shit about the Patriots not wanting to tackle Henry. Did you see him get stiff armed twice on one play?

chris98251

Reaction score
Sherman is such a Professor of the game, many would say student but Sherman has things down to a another level, he sets up a QB, finds his tendencies and what they like to do as well as the WR's and will wait and bait a QB to make a throw they should not. He has a knack of doing it at crucial times that can make the most impact.

He is slower I am sure but his Mental game is more then making up for it, he isn't all talk as the 49ers fans and players know now, he studies, he teaches, he leads, half is value is what he does in practice and during the week.

He also knows how to work officials and all the rules better then they know them. Why he can get away with stuff that are no calls and borderline, he pushes to the edge of the limits.

Threedee

Reaction score
I was a huge critic of Sherman for his rant. Prior to that, I found his persona to be largely amusing, beginning with the 2012 preseason hype videos that he appeared in, where he was clowning around with other players at the VMAC.

Then, a year later, I found myself forever in his corner (and ET's) when he began to feud with the "braintrust" that was the offensive staff, and those who enabled/coddled it. I'm not even mad he signed with Santa Clara.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
While I liked Sherman. I am glad he is gone. He was a huge distraction for this team in the locker room.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":10o388hi said:
Uncle Si":10o388hi said:
SanDiego49er":10o388hi said:

But hes still good.

He's just not man...

It's great he's the best CB you have had for awhile. Good for you that you like him. That doesn't make him as good as he was in 2013-17..

Fanatics

Reaction score
I don't think you can compare the 49ers Sherman with the Seahawk Sherman. He plays the game so different now, no more press corner, has become more of a master at the zone coverage scheme. What he has lost in the physical game, he has replaced with his mental game. Just two different corners and they both seem to be working.

Personally I think he could prolong his career a little longer if he consider moving back to free safety but I guess with his PFF ranking of being the best CB, why would he? It also obviously doesn't hurt that he only has to cover for a second or two, with the D-Line.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
This season Sherman gave up 27 receptions for 217 total yards. He scored as many TDs as he gave up (1).

He was the top rated CB in the NFL according to PFF.

Is this a decline from his best years? Okay, I don't know, perhaps, maybe. That's really splitting hairs, IMO.

He has been MUCH better than even my highest expectations for him were.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sherm has a big mouth always has had one. It’s the baggage of a hugely talented individual that teams put up with because he’s that good. He knows how to “play” with people’s minds and is a master manipulator.
We may not always agree with his methods, but He’s an extremely intelligent individual.

When he is done with football he needs to get into rastlin’. A perfect badguy/heel.