Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, 9ers are in the Super Bowl

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Well, 9ers are in the Super Bowl
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:51 pm
  • Packers will get drilled
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Well, 9ers are in the Super Bowl
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:57 pm
  • Definitely softened them up a lot for the 49ers.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:07 pm
  • Not gonna sleep on the Packers. If you had told me the Saints and Ravens would be out when they were I'd have called you crazy. Saying that I am happy we are facing the Packers and not the Seahawks.
    Sourdough #49
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:13 pm
  • Sourdough #49 wrote:Not gonna sleep on the Packers. If you had told me the Saints and Ravens would be out when they were I'd have called you crazy. Saying that I am happy we are facing the Packers and not the Seahawks.

This^, much rather face the semi-statue AR than RW. Wilson just wears the D down.

Division games are always harder.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:17 pm
  • Not a niners fan for obvious reason , but I hope they blow out the Pack again.
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:17 pm
  • Not looking forward to getting blown out by the Chiefs after the win against Green Bay, if that is indeed what happens.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:42 pm
  • Most likely we will beat them. The NFL is a match ups game and we match up well against them. At this point in his career Aaron Rodgers is more of a statue QB. Our pass rush will get to him just as it did in the regular season. We probably beat them but you can never count out Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. They are good too and will give us a game.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:44 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Definitely softened them up a lot for the 49ers.

Thanks for that.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:59 pm
  • Washington49er wrote:
    Sourdough #49 wrote:Not gonna sleep on the Packers. If you had told me the Saints and Ravens would be out when they were I'd have called you crazy. Saying that I am happy we are facing the Packers and not the Seahawks.

This^, much rather face the semi-statue AR than RW. Wilson just wears the D down.

Division games are always harder.

Yes I like our chances alot more against teams with non mobile Qbs.
    Sourdough #49
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:05 pm
  • Yep, they’re in. Niners will come out strong and set the tone ..... you know, the thing the Hawks NEVER do. I’d be shocked if the Packers kept it within a single score. Second straight year we’ll be seeing a division rival in the Owl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:30 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Not looking forward to getting blown out by the Chiefs after the win against Green Bay, if that is indeed what happens.

That's where I am. I by no means am assuming Niners beat the Packers, but my real dread is KC. I was pretty happy for about an hour watching that game...and then Mahomes went all Superman. He can throw like that, has all that speed on offense...AND can escape the pocket. UGGG.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 pm
  • Go Chiefs!!!!
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:48 am
  • Chiefs got to get past the Titans. Titans burned a lot of fuel against the Ravens, 500+ yrds of offense but only scored 12. Titan D played a lot of plays to hold them to 12.

Should be a good game.

49er vs Packers, 49ers need to keep their foot on the gas and not let up.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Not looking forward to getting blown out by the Chiefs after the win against Green Bay, if that is indeed what happens.

That's where I am. I by no means am assuming Niners beat the Packers, but my real dread is KC. I was pretty happy for about an hour watching that game...and then Mahomes went all Superman. He can throw like that, has all that speed on offense...AND can escape the pocket. UGGG.

I can see it being a shoot out, but our defense can stall their offense enough to get a lead in the 4th Qtr, I think. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:49 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Not looking forward to getting blown out by the Chiefs after the win against Green Bay, if that is indeed what happens.

I'll never forgive Lynch for passing on Mahomes for Thomas. It was SO UTTERLY OBVIOUS to me that Mahomes was going to be great based on his college video. I don't understand how a QB needy team, even with Cousins waiting in the wings, passes on him. For a college classmate...
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:06 am
  • Unfortunately, I think your Niners are gonna' truck the Packers. Not only a better team than the Packers, but look how many guys were getting injured at the end. Congrats on your upcoming trip to the Super Bowl.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:17 am
  • If the 9ers beat the Packers, I really don't like the matchup against the Chiefs for them.

I obviously like the matchup against the Packers more than I would have liked the matchup against the Seahawks, but we'll see.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:33 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Unfortunately, I think your Niners are gonna' truck the Packers. Not only a better team than the Packers, but look how many guys were getting injured at the end. Congrats on your upcoming trip to the Super Bowl.

There is no way I'm counting out Aaron Rodgers. NO. WAY. 49ers have to handle that business at home before they can think about the AFC.

...having said that, KC scares the crap out of me. LOL. It would be interesting tho....leagues #1 pass D finally somewhat healthy against Mahomes, but MAN do they have speed on offense. I can see Reid calling screens all freakin day to mediate the rush.

...so basically, even if Niners advance, I don't see them winning in Miami.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Unfortunately, I think your Niners are gonna' truck the Packers. Not only a better team than the Packers, but look how many guys were getting injured at the end. Congrats on your upcoming trip to the Super Bowl.

There is no way I'm counting out Aaron Rodgers. NO. WAY. 49ers have to handle that business at home before they can think about the AFC.

...having said that, KC scares the crap out of me. LOL. It would be interesting tho....leagues #1 pass D finally somewhat healthy against Mahomes, but MAN do they have speed on offense. I can see Reid calling screens all freakin day to mediate the rush.

First just advance. Also we can beat them if we do. We can beat anybody. Mahomes has not seen an defense like ours. Plus their defense is like swiss cheese. You can move it on Kansas City. Further they have to get past the Titans. the Patriots and Ravens thought they would get past that Titans team too. But the Titans have their own version of a Beast Mode RB. A 6'4" 260 lb. RB who runs a 4.5 will give them problems and maybe keep the ball away from Mahomes for very long periods of time. Shortening the game and giving them a chance to win.

Yes we can beat them. KC or Titans. Whoever comes. First take care of business. But yes if we get there we have a chance to win. Of course they do too. Mahomes is dangerous. So is the Beast Mode RB the Titans have. Both would present problems. If we get there we have a chance to win. It's not an automatic win for Mahomes or Beast Mode Titans. We present a lot of trouble to them too. Our defense is far better than what they are used to facing. Kansas City is not great on defense. The Texans moved it all over on them. Up and down the field. I seriously doubt Shanahan calls a fake punt in our own territory on 4th and a long 3 with a 24 - 7 lead. LOL..... :pukeface:
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:32 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Unfortunately, I think your Niners are gonna' truck the Packers. Not only a better team than the Packers, but look how many guys were getting injured at the end. Congrats on your upcoming trip to the Super Bowl.

First just advance. Also we can beat them if we do. We can beat anybody. Mahomes has not seen an defense like ours. Plus their defense is like swiss cheese. You can move it on Kansas City. Further they have to get past the Titans. the Patriots and Ravens thought they would get past that Titans team too. But the Titans have their own version of a Beast Mode RB. A 6'4" 260 lb. RB who runs a 4.5 will give them problems and maybe keep the ball away from Mahomes for very long periods of time. Shortening the game and giving them a chance to win.

Yes we can beat them. KC or Titans. Whoever comes. First take care of business. But yes if we get there we have a chance to win. Of course they do too. Mahomes is dangerous. So is the Beast Mode RB the Titans have. Both would present problems. If we get there we have a chance to win. It's not an automatic win for Mahomes or Beast Mode Titans. We present a lot of trouble to them too. Our defense is far better than what they are used to facing. Kansas City is not great on defense. The Texans moved it all over on them. Up and down the field. I seriously doubt Shanahan calls a fake punt in our own territory on 4th and a long 3 with a 24 - 7 lead. LOL..... :pukeface:

So I can't deny that there is probably a good amount of self preservation going on with my take RE the Chiefs. I think I might be in my "convince myself they can't win" stage. LOL.

...but as for the bolded......RIGHT!?! Some moves are bold. Some are just flat stupid.

What. The. Hell. Was. That.

I was in the car listening to the game on Sirius with my son in the back of the car taking him to his first Flag Football Practice (He's a Viking...ironic).

When I heard the fake punt called I made a noise that could generously be labelled "high". WHAT!?! I scared him. LOL. He's like "WHats wrong Daddy?".

That to me was a call worthy of losing your job. How freakin defeatist do you have to be where you think "ya know, we can't stop them from 80 yards away, might as well try this with a 17 point lead".
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:45 pm
  • Everyone is writing off the Titans? I would not sleep on them at all considering the beat down they put on the Ravens. In Baltimore, no less. We'll see this week if it was just a fluke or not.

Packers don't match up well vs the 49ers, at all but I expect a better game than what we saw the last time they played. Green Bay will have to get out to an early lead and keep the ball away from the 49ers offense as much as possible if they have any hope at winning.

Hoping for a GB vs. KC Superbowl, rematch of SB1.

PackerNation
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm
  • PackerNation wrote:Everyone is writing off the Titans? I would not sleep on them at all considering the beat down they put on the Ravens. In Baltimore, no less. We'll see this week if it was just a fluke or not.

Packers don't match up well vs the 49ers, at all but I expect a better game than what we saw the last time they played. Green Bay will have to get out to an early lead and keep the ball away from the 49ers offense as much as possible if they have any hope at winning.

The Titans are probably in it. That RB is a beast and can keep the ball away from Mahomes. Also their defense is playing stout. They just want into New England and Baltimore and beat both of them. So I think they can give anybody a game. Yes don't sleep on them at all. Still if Mahomes gets time he is very dangerous.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:47 pm
  • PackerNation wrote:Everyone is writing off the Titans? I would not sleep on them at all considering the beat down they put on the Ravens. In Baltimore, no less. We'll see this week if it was just a fluke or not.

Yeah....I'm good with no rematch. :)

I'm not writing off the Titans and IF the Niners win and IF the Titans win I'm sure I'll be able to convince myself the Niners can't win (run D is their weak spot, etc, etc), but no joke, KC just scares me.

Its strength vs strength, KC Pass O vs SF Pass D. Niners are strongest where the Chiefs make their living, but that still doesn't make it a good match. SO. MUCH. SPEED in KC.

Again tho....Niners can't get caught looking past GB. Aaron ain't gonna let him team get punked twice by the same team in a single season. National Media says Packers have no chance...and the Packers hear it. They'll be up for that game in a big way and I'll bet they might even get up on the scoreboard early with that juice.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:50 am
  • You know you're old when you remember watching that catch on TV as it happened....Max McGee
    :les:
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:07 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:You know you're old when you remember watching that catch on TV as it happened....Max McGee
    :les:

I can remember that catch on days that I can remember . :les:
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:31 pm
  • The big buzz would've been the 49ers vs Ravens pt. 2, but obviously that's out of the question now. Second best option, if you're the NFL, is 49ers vs Chiefs.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:49 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:

Yet the Hawks beat KC..
    Don't fear them!KC is very beatable..Their d Sucks!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:46 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Yet the Hawks beat KC..
    Don't fear them!KC is very beatable..Their d Sucks!

The Seahawks beat KC in 2018. That was before they got Frank Clark and Matheiu. Last year they finished 24th in the league in points and had the 31st ranked defense overall. This year it’s 7th and 17th. They are a better team this year. Had some injuries, but they’re mostly healthy now. Also they have LeSean McCoy, if they choose to activate him. Sure they don’t run much, but their rbs can get it done in the pass game as well as run.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information