Well, 9ers are in the Super Bowl

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Not gonna sleep on the Packers. If you had told me the Saints and Ravens would be out when they were I'd have called you crazy. Saying that I am happy we are facing the Packers and not the Seahawks.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":26eqvlpc said:
Not gonna sleep on the Packers. If you had told me the Saints and Ravens would be out when they were I'd have called you crazy. Saying that I am happy we are facing the Packers and not the Seahawks.

This^, much rather face the semi-statue AR than RW. Wilson just wears the D down.

Division games are always harder.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Not a niners fan for obvious reason , but I hope they blow out the Pack again.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Not looking forward to getting blown out by the Chiefs after the win against Green Bay, if that is indeed what happens.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Most likely we will beat them. The NFL is a match ups game and we match up well against them. At this point in his career Aaron Rodgers is more of a statue QB. Our pass rush will get to him just as it did in the regular season. We probably beat them but you can never count out Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. They are good too and will give us a game.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Washington49er":q83xhdca said:
Sourdough #49":q83xhdca said:

This^, much rather face the semi-statue AR than RW. Wilson just wears the D down.

Division games are always harder.

Yes I like our chances alot more against teams with non mobile Qbs.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yep, they’re in. Niners will come out strong and set the tone ..... you know, the thing the Hawks NEVER do. I’d be shocked if the Packers kept it within a single score. Second straight year we’ll be seeing a division rival in the Owl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1l822vrk said:
Not looking forward to getting blown out by the Chiefs after the win against Green Bay, if that is indeed what happens.

That's where I am. I by no means am assuming Niners beat the Packers, but my real dread is KC. I was pretty happy for about an hour watching that game...and then Mahomes went all Superman. He can throw like that, has all that speed on offense...AND can escape the pocket. UGGG.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Chiefs got to get past the Titans. Titans burned a lot of fuel against the Ravens, 500+ yrds of offense but only scored 12. Titan D played a lot of plays to hold them to 12.

Should be a good game.

49er vs Packers, 49ers need to keep their foot on the gas and not let up.

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":36ssm52u said:
5_Golden_Rings":36ssm52u said:

That's where I am. I by no means am assuming Niners beat the Packers, but my real dread is KC. I was pretty happy for about an hour watching that game...and then Mahomes went all Superman. He can throw like that, has all that speed on offense...AND can escape the pocket. UGGG.
I can see it being a shoot out, but our defense can stall their offense enough to get a lead in the 4th Qtr, I think. :mrgreen:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Marvin49":1v0q86xm said:
5_Golden_Rings":1v0q86xm said:

I'll never forgive Lynch for passing on Mahomes for Thomas. It was SO UTTERLY OBVIOUS to me that Mahomes was going to be great based on his college video. I don't understand how a QB needy team, even with Cousins waiting in the wings, passes on him. For a college classmate...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think your Niners are gonna' truck the Packers. Not only a better team than the Packers, but look how many guys were getting injured at the end. Congrats on your upcoming trip to the Super Bowl.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If the 9ers beat the Packers, I really don't like the matchup against the Chiefs for them.

I obviously like the matchup against the Packers more than I would have liked the matchup against the Seahawks, but we'll see.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3eeyhhve said:
Unfortunately, I think your Niners are gonna' truck the Packers. Not only a better team than the Packers, but look how many guys were getting injured at the end. Congrats on your upcoming trip to the Super Bowl.

There is no way I'm counting out Aaron Rodgers. NO. WAY. 49ers have to handle that business at home before they can think about the AFC.

...having said that, KC scares the crap out of me. LOL. It would be interesting tho....leagues #1 pass D finally somewhat healthy against Mahomes, but MAN do they have speed on offense. I can see Reid calling screens all freakin day to mediate the rush.

...so basically, even if Niners advance, I don't see them winning in Miami.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":3lv1j2ub said:
SoulfishHawk":3lv1j2ub said:

There is no way I'm counting out Aaron Rodgers. NO. WAY. 49ers have to handle that business at home before they can think about the AFC.

...having said that, KC scares the crap out of me. LOL. It would be interesting tho....leagues #1 pass D finally somewhat healthy against Mahomes, but MAN do they have speed on offense. I can see Reid calling screens all freakin day to mediate the rush.

First just advance. Also we can beat them if we do. We can beat anybody. Mahomes has not seen an defense like ours. Plus their defense is like swiss cheese. You can move it on Kansas City. Further they have to get past the Titans. the Patriots and Ravens thought they would get past that Titans team too. But the Titans have their own version of a Beast Mode RB. A 6'4" 260 lb. RB who runs a 4.5 will give them problems and maybe keep the ball away from Mahomes for very long periods of time. Shortening the game and giving them a chance to win.

Yes we can beat them. KC or Titans. Whoever comes. First take care of business. But yes if we get there we have a chance to win. Of course they do too. Mahomes is dangerous. So is the Beast Mode RB the Titans have. Both would present problems. If we get there we have a chance to win. It's not an automatic win for Mahomes or Beast Mode Titans. We present a lot of trouble to them too. Our defense is far better than what they are used to facing. Kansas City is not great on defense. The Texans moved it all over on them. Up and down the field. I seriously doubt Shanahan calls a fake punt in our own territory on 4th and a long 3 with a 24 - 7 lead. LOL..... :pukeface:

Marvin49

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2pf54twr said:
Marvin49":2pf54twr said:
SoulfishHawk":2pf54twr said:

First just advance. Also we can beat them if we do. We can beat anybody. Mahomes has not seen an defense like ours. Plus their defense is like swiss cheese. You can move it on Kansas City. Further they have to get past the Titans. the Patriots and Ravens thought they would get past that Titans team too. But the Titans have their own version of a Beast Mode RB. A 6'4" 260 lb. RB who runs a 4.5 will give them problems and maybe keep the ball away from Mahomes for very long periods of time. Shortening the game and giving them a chance to win.

Yes we can beat them. KC or Titans. Whoever comes. First take care of business. But yes if we get there we have a chance to win. Of course they do too. Mahomes is dangerous. So is the Beast Mode RB the Titans have. Both would present problems. If we get there we have a chance to win. It's not an automatic win for Mahomes or Beast Mode Titans. We present a lot of trouble to them too. Our defense is far better than what they are used to facing. Kansas City is not great on defense. The Texans moved it all over on them. Up and down the field. I seriously doubt Shanahan calls a fake punt in our own territory on 4th and a long 3 with a 24 - 7 lead. LOL..... :pukeface:

So I can't deny that there is probably a good amount of self preservation going on with my take RE the Chiefs. I think I might be in my "convince myself they can't win" stage. LOL.

...but as for the bolded......RIGHT!?! Some moves are bold. Some are just flat stupid.

What. The. Hell. Was. That.

I was in the car listening to the game on Sirius with my son in the back of the car taking him to his first Flag Football Practice (He's a Viking...ironic).

When I heard the fake punt called I made a noise that could generously be labelled "high". WHAT!?! I scared him. LOL. He's like "WHats wrong Daddy?".

That to me was a call worthy of losing your job. How freakin defeatist do you have to be where you think "ya know, we can't stop them from 80 yards away, might as well try this with a 17 point lead".