Titans focus on the run, and balance it out with the pass

ivotuk

Reaction score
And look at them go! Part of what helps a defense excel is ball control offense, and time of possession. Titans Defense gets rested, and opposing defenses get worn out.

Mike Vrabel: Titans were a 'bad team' before changes

"We can't change what we've done to get us in this position, to have this opportunity," coach Mike Vrabel said. "On October 15, we were 2-4. I was a bad coach, and this was a bad team. We tried to believe in each other, we tried to improve, tried to prepare, trust each other, execute and that's what's gotten us here."

The Titans' season turned with Vrabel's decision to bench quarterback Marcus Mariota and insert Ryan Tannehill into the lineup. Since Week 7, Tennessee's offense has steadied the ship, with Derrick Henry pummeling opponents into submission, and Tannehill divebombing opponents with big plays. The Titans averaged 160.6 rush YPG and 245.6 pass YPG (406.2 total YPG) in Weeks 7-17.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... re-changes

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
It won’t matter Sunday. The Chiefs are going to score a touchdown on every possession they get.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think the Chiefs win, but this will be a good battle. At some point people should give the Titans the credit they deserve. They just knocked off the Pats and the Ravens ON THE ROAD. That team is so well coached.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":395bj9is said:
I think the Chiefs win, but this will be a good battle. At some point people should give the Titans the credit they deserve. They just knocked off the Pats and the Ravens ON THE ROAD. That team is so well coached.
I hate to be that guy, but the Ravens really beat themselves. The Chiefs aren't going to make those mistakes, which tells me the only chance the Titans have is an extreme ball control offense. If the Titans don't hold the ball for forty minutes or more, they lose.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear god. NO, the Titans flat out DOMINATED that game. Nothing was handed to them. They kicked the Ravens in the teeth, I loved every minute of it. That team was next level cocky and got smoked at home.