Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Niners are going to the Super Bowl

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Niners are going to the Super Bowl
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:49 pm
  • Just beating the resident Niners fans to the punch. We already knew it was happening, since Green Bay matches up terribly against the 49ers.

To those 49ers fans who have registered here in the past year or so...keep your traps mostly shut and respectful, since this is you:

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Re: Niners are going to the Super Bowl
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:13 pm
  • I knew the very second the Vikings upset the Saints, the 49ers were going to the Super Bowl. Only Seattle and New Orleans had a shot of knocking them off, and Seattle had to go face their kryptonite in Green Bay.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:20 pm
  • When will you create the " Chiefs are going to destroy the 49er" hate thread?
    ClarkForTheWin
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:21 pm
  • Yeah Maulbert, it wasn't hard to see coming, unfortunately. :(

ClarkForTheWin wrote:When will you create the " Chiefs are going to destroy the 49er" hate thread?

Never, since I try to be logical above all other things. I think the Chiefs have a great chance to beat the 49ers, but there will be no "destroying" going on in the Super Bowl.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:41 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:I knew the very second the Vikings upset the Saints, the 49ers were going to the Super Bowl. Only Seattle and New Orleans had a shot of knocking them off, and Seattle had to go face their kryptonite in Green Bay.

I agree.

I put the 49ers toughest opponents in the playoffs in this order.

Saints
    Seahawks
    Vikings-Greenbay
    Eagles.

When the Saints went down I breathed a sigh of relief . Brees and Payton have always been a pain in the 49ers ass.

I actually wanted the Seahawks to visit Levi's Stadium in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

I don't believe the 49ers ever played thier best against the Seahawks.

It would have been epic.

And to beat the Seahawks at Levi's in the NFC Championship Game @ home would have been a nice pay back for this fan.

Unlike many other 49er fans on this website I was not at all happy when the Hawks lost. I thought the Hawks would loss only because it was in Greenbay and in cold weather and that would have an effect on Russell and the way he plays the game.
    ClarkForTheWin
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:56 pm
  • The NFC was pretty weird this year. Lots of teams at the top with good records that look like garbage on the field for large stretches of the season. San Fran was the only team that was consistent through out. The last two games showed how far ahead of these 'playoff' teams they are. Props to them for getting it done.

As a Hawks fan... It kind of feels like injuries robbed us of another potential SB.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:35 pm
  • knownone wrote:The NFC was pretty weird this year. Lots of teams at the top with good records that look like garbage on the field for large stretches of the season. San Fran was the only team that was consistent through out. The last two games showed how far ahead of these 'playoff' teams they are. Props to them for getting it done.

As a Hawks fan... It kind of feels like injuries robbed us of another potential SB.

I'm shocked we made it as far as we did, and played as well as we did.

The 49ers, aka John Lynch has done a whale of a job building this team, but he's also had some great ammunition to do it with. Having said that, he deserves executive of the Year, because unlike the GMs that chose Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck 1st overall, he's done some really good work throughout his tenure, drafts, and decisions.

John Schneider is still the best GM that will never win an award because of his success. Three Seahawks don't crash and burn like other franchises, so they don't get recognized for their excellence.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:51 pm
  • Way too good tonight and every night. Well done 49ers, good luck against the Chiefs. Should be a pretty wild Super Bowl.

Green Bay has their work cut out for them in the off season. Looking forward to the draft.
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:46 pm
  • They got a super-favorable playoff draw, that's for sure. Hollister non-call turns out to be the play of their season.
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:49 pm
  • VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:They got a super-favorable playoff draw, that's for sure. Hollister non-call turns out to be the play of their season.

Yeah ok :roll:
    ClarkForTheWin
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:52 pm
  • VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:They got a super-favorable playoff draw, that's for sure. Hollister non-call turns out to be the play of their season.

Forget the non-call, if Hollister had gotten ONE MORE INCH... :( Oh well. Look at how different their playoff path would have been if Hollister had just gotten that TD, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:58 pm
  • I wish Jim Tomsula was still the Niners head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:04 pm
  • Jimmy G. was 6 of 8 tonight. Jesus Christ, what a hero - carried that team on his BACK.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Just beating the resident Niners fans to the punch. We already knew it was happening, since Green Bay matches up terribly against the 49ers.

To those 49ers fans who have registered here in the past year or so...keep your traps mostly shut and respectful, since this is you:

Nice image (fix your url, bud).

49ers fans know that no one is stopping Mahomes. Six years ago I'd be dreading this inevitable loss. Now that we've already lost the perfect Super Bowl record, however, things have changed. Simply getting there is a success as far as I'm concerned. So go ahead and hope for a loss. Doesn't bother me as I've already accepted one.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:30 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Nice image (fix your url, bud).

What am I missing in regards to the URL? It's just a Facebook CDN-hosted image from the NFL Memes group on FB.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:34 pm

That and the DOG penalty by Seattle’s coaching staff. While the DPI that wasn’t called was heinous and a huge blown non call, if Seattle doesn’t get the self inflicted DOG penalty, the bogus non-call doesn’t happen.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:40 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Jimmy G. was 6 of 8 tonight. Jesus Christ, what a hero - carried that team on his BACK.

He’s such a baller! :sarcasm_off:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:53 pm
  • Chiefs beat the Texans and Titans. Ok!

People want to treat Mahomes as if he is unstoppable? Ok fine.

Does he play on Defense too?

49ers offense will score score and score some more on that Chief Defense.

I'll bet on that 49er Defense all day long.
    ClarkForTheWin
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:58 pm
  • ClarkForTheWin wrote:I'll bet on that 49er Defense all day long.

Prove it.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:43 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    ClarkForTheWin wrote:I'll bet on that 49er Defense all day long.

Prove it.

The simple fact that both the 49er Offense and Defense is ranked higher then the Chiefs should be proof enough. Strength of schedule ? NINERS own that also.

That Chief Defense has played the Texans and Titan's. Shanahan offense will own it.

The 49er number one ranked Defense will give Mahomes fits.

This 49er team IS NOT the Texans and Titan's.

49ers by 15.
    ClarkForTheWin
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:47 pm
  • Las Vegas has the Chiefs by 1.5 pts over the Niners which is basically even. It will be a close game.I think Mahomes will give the Niners defense problems.
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:49 pm
  • ClarkForTheWin wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Prove it.

The simple fact that both the 49er Offense and Defense is ranked higher then the Chiefs should be proof enough. Strength of schedule ? NINERS own that also.

That Chief Defense has played the Texans and Titan's. Shanahan offense will own it.

49ers by 15.

You misunderstand. You said you'll bet on them all day. Prove that you are doing so; put your money where your mouth is and show us the proof. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:12 pm
  • ClarkForTheWin wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Prove it.

49ers by 15.

Mahomes was injured and missed games this year. I don't suppose that figures into the rankings.

Oh, btw, fun fact:

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:16 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    ClarkForTheWin wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Prove it.

49ers by 15.

Mahomes was injured and missed games this year. I don't suppose that figures into the rankings.

Oh, btw, fun fact:

I don't suppose that the reason Mahomes has thrown for more yards in these play-offs is because the 49ers are playing smash mouth football and are not asking Jimmy to throw?

I have a feeling Kittle and Sanders will be put into the game plan against that Chiefs Defense.

Should be fun to watch.
    ClarkForTheWin
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:48 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    ClarkForTheWin wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Prove it.

49ers by 15.

Oh, btw, fun fact:

So if RW could win games with the same stats you'd think less of him.

I think it great that the 49ers could have won by the scores they did with the QB throwing 20 times in both games.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:10 am

• ........... Great Story .......... Unrelenting Grit.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:55 am
  • Stuff the box, stop the run, and make Crappollo beat you. He’s very Dilferesque, minus the earned Super Bowl ring.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:01 am

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:18 am
  • Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    ClarkForTheWin wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Prove it.

49ers by 15.

Oh, btw, fun fact:

So if RW could win games with the same stats you'd think less of him.

I think it great that the 49ers could have won by the scores they did with the QB throwing 20 times in both games.

I only posted a fun fact. I said nothing about what it meant.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:00 am
  • Yeah John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan have done a great job of putting this team together. We have a functional GM and a functional Head Coach for the first time in years. Yeah as others commented about Tomsula no we don't miss him. The Yorks are honestly pretty bad owners. They made mistake after mistake and toiled for years. Finally they hired these 2 and turned it around. But it's much more Lynch and Shanahan. Yorks are still bad owners IMO. They have been bad 90% of 20 years that they owned the team. They just got lucky with the GM and Coach hires. We are glad to have them and now have a real NFL team instead of a joke they were used to fielding.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:17 pm
  • I usually trust DVOA when assessing offensive rankings and defensive rankings. KC has the advantage here and thus my prediction is KC 33 -SF 28
    94Smith
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:50 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:I usually trust DVOA when assessing offensive rankings and defensive rankings. KC has the advantage here and thus my prediction is KC 33 -SF 28

DVOA is by far my favorite "general" stat.

Should be a hell of a game. Obviously, no one here wants to see the Niners win another one... ;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:50 pm
  • Niners D is for real, so I don't think KC is going to be able to hang 40 on the Niners.

But I do think KC's defense is good enough to shut down SF's running attack (as they did Henry and the Titans run attack)..........and make Garropolo beat them.

Everyone's focusing on the Niners D vs KC's offense. But IMO the real matchup that'll determine who wins the SB is KC's defense vs. Niners offense.

Because if KC's defense can slow down or even shut down the Niners run attack, this is a SB they can win 17-10.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:07 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Nice image (fix your url, bud).

What am I missing in regards to the URL? It's just a Facebook CDN-hosted image from the NFL Memes group on FB.

Huh. It wasn't showing up for me, then when I copy and pasted the link it gave me a 404. Maybe it was me though.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:15 pm
  • I was hoping for an 8-8 season and a playoff appearance next year, which is to say I'm over the moon about this season regardless of what happens.

The Chiefs are deservedly slight favorites, IMO. It's just really hard to ever predict against a team for which seemingly no lead is safe.

It's crazy that the 9ers have made it to the SB twice with two entirely different regimes in the past ten years.

As much as treating Jed York like a punching bag is fun, in his twelve years as owner he has gotten a new stadium built and hired two coach/gm pairs to make it to the Super Bowl. It's really hard to knock that regardless of how schmucky you think he is.

I'm hoping they win in two weeks and continue to win moving forward obviously, but I'm already satisfied as hell with this turnaround.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:20 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Niners D is for real, so I don't think KC is going to be able to hang 40 on the Niners.

But I do think KC's defense is good enough to shut down SF's running attack (as they did Henry and the Titans run attack)..........and make Garropolo beat them.

Everyone's focusing on the Niners D vs KC's offense. But IMO the real matchup that'll determine who wins the SB is KC's defense vs. Niners offense.

Because if KC's defense can slow down or even shut down the Niners run attack, this is a SB they can win 17-10.

The difference is Titans running game is based on Henry aka Beast mode with speed pounding thru the line. The niners run game is based on misdirection and speed. Both Minn and GB knew they were going run and still couldn't stop it.

I think this is the game where Jimmy G has a big game. Not having to throw in the last two playoff games gives KC less film to look at. I think KS may have quite a few plays left in his bag and will putting it all out there for this game.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:11 pm
  • To stop the 49ers you need speed and support from the secondary as well as maintaining your gaps and or zones, string them out and wait for the cavalry so they don't get the cutback lanes. Someone has to take on and out the lead blocker also.

Why we do well, we have speed and run support, our secondary, CB's are both willing in run support to tackle, our LB's have speed and can take on lead blockers.
    The will get yards occasionally but not like what we saw last night.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:17 pm
  • Washington49er wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Niners D is for real, so I don't think KC is going to be able to hang 40 on the Niners.

The difference is Titans running game is based on Henry aka Beast mode with speed pounding thru the line. The niners run game is based on misdirection and speed. Both Minn and GB knew they were going run and still couldn't stop it.

I think this is the game where Jimmy G has a big game. Not having to throw in the last two playoff games gives KC less film to look at. I think KS may have quite a few plays left in his bag and will putting it all out there for this game.

You're correct, and KC hasn't been good against the run.......but unlike Minny and GB, KC won't be coming into Santa Clara on fumes having just played exhausting playoff games the week prior, making it very difficult for them to get up once again.

KC's defense isn't big, but they are fast and talented. So I can certainly see them giving SF's run attack a good matchup.

We shall see.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:38 pm
  • I think Mahomes can outscore anyone. But Andy Reid's defenses has choked before in big time games. So yes this game will basically come down to KC's defense being able to stop the 9ers offense.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:39 pm
  • It's amazing what five years of drafting well pretty high in the first round can get you. :( Tank for a while, then boot your ineffective coaches out and pursue a good one hard = success.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:40 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:I think Mahomes can outscore anyone. But Andy Reid's defenses has choked before in big time games. So yes this game will basically come down to KC's defense being able to stop the 9ers offense.

They certainly need to figure out how to not jump offsides nine times in the first half and make a bunch of mistakes like they've done for seemingly forever under Reid in big games.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Niners D is for real, so I don't think KC is going to be able to hang 40 on the Niners.

You're correct, and KC hasn't been good against the run.......but unlike Minny and GB, KC won't be coming into Santa Clara on fumes having just played exhausting playoff games the week prior, making it very difficult for them to get up once again.

KC's defense isn't big, but they are fast and talented. So I can certainly see them giving SF's run attack a good matchup.

We shall see.

Both teams have 2 weeks off and it's on neutral ground. Should be a good game.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:39 pm
  • [url][/url]LOL.

I hate how much I like Joe Montana. Probably my favorite non-Seahawk football player ever.

Edit - Joe Montana should flip the coin.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:06 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:Yeah John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan have done a great job of putting this team together. We have a functional GM and a functional Head Coach for the first time in years. Yeah as others commented about Tomsula no we don't miss him. The Yorks are honestly pretty bad owners. They made mistake after mistake and toiled for years. Finally they hired these 2 and turned it around. But it's much more Lynch and Shanahan. Yorks are still bad owners IMO. They have been bad 90% of 20 years that they owned the team. They just got lucky with the GM and Coach hires. We are glad to have them and now have a real NFL team instead of a joke they were used to fielding.

This might sound crazy given the circumstances, but are we sure Lynch is a good GM? His situation reminds me a bit of Elway's early on. He inherited a fairly talented yet under achieving roster. His draft record prior to this season was mostly misses despite picking high in the draft every year. This season he lucked into a consensus #1 pick in Bosa. He signed / traded for a few injury prone but productive players (Ford, Alexander, Coleman), who've all missed significant time. These are all things that good teams rarely have the luxury of doing, so I'm not sure if his success is sustainable.

The success of this team feels like it's almost entirely Shanahan.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:42 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:Yeah John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan have done a great job of putting this team together. We have a functional GM and a functional Head Coach for the first time in years. Yeah as others commented about Tomsula no we don't miss him. The Yorks are honestly pretty bad owners. They made mistake after mistake and toiled for years. Finally they hired these 2 and turned it around. But it's much more Lynch and Shanahan. Yorks are still bad owners IMO. They have been bad 90% of 20 years that they owned the team. They just got lucky with the GM and Coach hires. We are glad to have them and now have a real NFL team instead of a joke they were used to fielding.

This might sound crazy given the circumstances, but are we sure Lynch is a good GM? His situation reminds me a bit of Elway's early on. He inherited a fairly talented yet under achieving roster. His draft record prior to this season was mostly misses despite picking high in the draft every year. This season he lucked into a consensus #1 pick in Bosa. He signed / traded for a few injury prone but productive players (Ford, Alexander, Coleman), who've all missed significant time. These are all things that good teams rarely have the luxury of doing, so I'm not sure if his success is sustainable.

Fairly talented? LOL. There's only five players still on the roster from before they got there (Staley, Buckner, Armstead Ward, and Tartt) and Staley and Buckner were the only two who had shown anything before they came in).

The 9ers were awful because Lynch and Shanahan did a complete tear down of the team.

I'd give as much or more credit to Peters, Mayhew and Paraag than I would to Lynch, but you're diminishing him for the wrong reasons IMO.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:16 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:Yeah John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan have done a great job of putting this team together. We have a functional GM and a functional Head Coach for the first time in years. Yeah as others commented about Tomsula no we don't miss him. The Yorks are honestly pretty bad owners. They made mistake after mistake and toiled for years. Finally they hired these 2 and turned it around. But it's much more Lynch and Shanahan. Yorks are still bad owners IMO. They have been bad 90% of 20 years that they owned the team. They just got lucky with the GM and Coach hires. We are glad to have them and now have a real NFL team instead of a joke they were used to fielding.

He hit on a lot of players free agency and draft.

FA:

Dee Ford (excellent when healthy), Kwon Alexander (excellent when health), Coleman (good), Sherman (great), Mostert (great pickup), Brunskill (good). Kyle Juszczyk (great)

Draft:

Kittle (best in the league) Bosa (great), Deebo Samuel (really good), Dre Greenlaw (late round gem), Mcglinchey (good), Fred Warner (great), Richie James (decent special teams guy).

I think it's a little of both. But Shanahan is very innovative and his offensive schemes and motion confuse the hell out of opposing coaches. So of course it is a lot him too. We are happy to have him.
    Last edited by SanDiego49er on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 pm
  • Forgetting Kittle is simply unacceptable.

Lots of guys you could add to the list but C'mon :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:21 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:Forgetting Kittle is simply unacceptable.

Lots of guys you could add to the list but C'mon :lol:

Well that's kind of a given. Everybody knows about him. Yes include him too.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:24 pm
  • Congrats to the 49ers faithful here at .Net!
    Best of luck to you. I won't be rooting for either team. I will just be enjoying it as a good game. Both teams deserve to be there.
    MD5eahawks
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Next

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information