Votes: 21 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm going Niners. I think their D is fantastic and is healthy at the right time. As long as they can establish the run and limit Jimmy G having to throw the ball. They say great defenses are better than great offenses. We saw that in our sb win first hand...although no one gave our offense the credit it deserved. Mahomes and the Chiefs will need a fast start but I think they fall behind early except this time they dont come back.

31-24 Niners win the super bowl

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think the Niners are the better overall team. However, I think Mahomes is a cold-ass gangster at the QB position and that he's nearly immune to crumbling under pressure, much like our own beloved Wilson.

I honestly think the Chiefs will win a close one, not through mistakes of the 49ers but due primarily to Mahomes stepping up in the moment.

However, this is really close and hard to predict. I'm leaning like 52/48 Chiefs over 49ers. (Ratio, not score...)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
If you're the Chiefs you want to really limit the 9ers run game. That makes it a duel between Jimmy and Mahomes which of course greatly favors KC. My heart says they find a way, my gut says they don't and 9ers win a close one.

ClarkForTheWin

Reaction score
This " HOMER" looks at the big picture.

Both Defenses. Both Offenses.

Chief's have an explosive Offense . 49ers also have no problems scoring points.

Chief's Defense is not worthy . The. 49ers Defense is definitely worthy.

Soooo.... I see a Mahomes Offense with a mediocre run game trying to put up points against a very good if not great 49er Defense. A defense that will put pressure on him all game.

I see Kyle Shanahan working that 26th ranked CHIEFS Defense against the run and owning the clock.
And if for some reason the Chiefs find a run Defense then Kittle Sanders and Samuels come into play.

The Chiefs had a weak schedule. The AFC WEST. They beat the Texans and Titans in the playoffs. Another weak schedule. The Titans Defense is garbage.

Don't let the media fool you . They are trying to blow the Superbowl up as a great match up. That is their job.

Shanahan will work that Chief's Defense and the 49ers will have Mahomes running for his life.

49ers by 15.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ClarkForTheWin":2es53v43 said:
This " HOMER" looks at the big picture.

Both Defenses. Both Offenses.

Chief's have an explosive Offense . 49ers also have no problems scoring points.

Chief's Defense is not worthy . The. 49ers Defense is definitely worthy.

Soooo.... I see a Mahomes Offense with a mediocre run game trying to put up points against a very good if not great 49er Defense. A defense that will put pressure on him all game.

I see Kyle Shanahan working that 26th ranked CHIEFS Defense against the run and owning the clock.
And if for some reason the Chiefs find a run Defense then Kittle Sanders and Samuels come into play.

The Chiefs had a weak schedule. The AFC WEST. They beat the Texans and Titans in the playoffs. Another weak schedule. The Titans Defense is garbage.

Don't let the media fool you . They are trying to blow the Superbowl up as a great match up. That is their job.

Shanahan will work that Chief's Defense and the 49ers will have Mahomes running for his life.

49ers by 15.
I see it by more than 15 but agree with your post.
The Niners have this one..They will keep PM off the field
and make their offense pass only which results in TO's
Congrats 49er fans ..

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Chiefs by 10.

Too many people here downplaying what the Chiefs can do. Like they´re just happy to be here, thank you very much.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Better team? Niners hands down. I still think that the Chiefs take this game.

rlkats

Reaction score
I want the niners to win. At the begining of the season I said they would win 5-8 games. I said the saints, cards, packers and hawks
(among more)would beat us. Hawks won one game. And I've been dead wrong (thankfulky) with all guesses. So I will keep that trend.

Chiefs win Niners lose.

knownone

Reaction score
The Chiefs.

This isn't the Seahawks vs Broncos. That year the Broncos had the 22nd scoring defense, and Peyton Manning couldn't throw the ball further than 20 yards with any velocity.

This year? The Chiefs have the 7th ranked scoring defense, and Mahomes is mobile QB who can extend plays and has a rocket for an arm. The Chiefs have exactly the type of offense that the Niners have struggled with all season.

KC's game plan is going to be to grab a lead early, sell out against the run, and force Jimmy G to beat them. Unless the Niners just physically outmatch the Chiefs, I don't see how they win.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I expect this to be a great Super Bowl, and it's hard to choose a favorite because both teams have tremendous strengths. It's not a good analog to the 2013 Seattle vs Denver matchup because Patrick >> Peyton at that stage of his career. The Niners struggle with mobile QBs, and Mahomes will elude SF rushers enough to make a few big plays. The Niners DL does get home a few times, so no picnic for Mahomes, just a helluva battle.

I don't know if the KC defense can stop the SF running game. Open question. If KC can limit the SF rushing game and force Jimmy G to have to throw it, that bodes well. The problem there is that JG just might pick this game to play out of his mind, and hit Sanders and Kittle and Deebo Samuel for key plays and big plays repeatedly. This is Frank Clark's big chance to earn the money KC paid him. That Deebo Samuel has been a real thorn in the side of Niners opponents, and is a potential X factor in this game. If Frank Clark & Co. can pressure and hurry Jimmy G, that would tip the scales massively to KC. However, that's after two IF-IF statements, IF KC can stop the run, IF KC can pressure Jimmy G.

Mahomes and the KC offense will get theirs. It won't be easy, but they are just superb and truly clicking. How much can SF slow down Mahomes and the KC offense. Can they slow them down enough for the SF offense to rack up the same number of scores against the KC defense.

We could be looking at another Niners-Saints 48-46 type of game here. In that scenario, I'd have to go with Mahomes and the Chiefs, to pull it out at the end, with that unstoppable offense. However, once again, SF has an excellent defense, and there will be pressure on Mahomes. SF's best chance to win is to pressure Mahomes and the Chiefs into a couple turnovers at critical times. If they do, I'm calling that the key play on D will be made by that Dre Greenlaw kid. I finally had to flip a coin to decide. Heads, so I'm going with the 49ers. Dre Greenlaw, and/or Richard Sherman make key plays on D involving KC turnovers, to make the difference. So, I'll go bet on the Niners with my friends and co-workers. Standard Duke&Duke Wall Street stakes, I'm a high roller. Meanwhile, I'll be *rooting* for the Chiefs and Mahomes and Frank Clark.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":2uzkx5ko said:
Chiefs by 10.

Too many people here downplaying what the Chiefs can do. Like they´re just happy to be here, thank you very much.

Agreed. Even though I picked the 49ers I think people are sleeping a bit on the Chiefs defense. The KC defense is a bit of a "have to" unit. Normally the KC offense scores so much the KC defense doesn't "have to" stop the opponents as much. Well, KC faced "have to" situations in the playoffs against DeShaun Watson and the Texans, and against Derrick Henry and the Titans, both times stuffing the opponents while Mahomes and the offense scored like 27 TDs in a row. So their D coordinator is good at making in-game adjustments, and the were able to stop Derrick Henry and that bruising Titans ground game.

So I just don't buy the idea that the SF offense will run over the KC defense, AT ALL. The reason I pick SF is more a belief that the Niner D will apply pressure to the KC offense and create a couple key turnovers.

Expecting a great, close, and exciting game.

chris98251

Reaction score
The 49ers are a defense across the board good and with that run game can keep things off balance and let Jimmy G dink and dunk with those speed receivers and Kittle can make them pay trying to double someone.

KC will try to force things and the 49ers can match up much better with their strengths.

Also Reid seems to choke in big games and get away from what got him there.

Shanahan on the other hand is going to keep pushing and if they break away keep running up the score, he learned from Atlanta, also Sherman is going to be in the defenses ear all game even with a lead, he has learned a few things also.

James in PA

Reaction score
Reid isn’t a great big-game coach but he is so overdue to win the big one. Plus, he is great after a bye week. I doubt the NFL will just hand it to him though like they did for Bill Coward. This is a very hard game to pick. Nothing jumps out at me from a betting standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJrmb

Reaction score
I feel like if the Chiefs sell out to stop the run, and stick with it not getting scared away from it when Kittle and Juice eat up yards between the 20's, that there's little chance SF can win that kind of game against Mahomes. Make this game Garrapolo vs Mahomes as much as possible. That might mean max protect and only 2 WR running routes at times (let Mahomes extend those plays and go off script), but don't get impatient. Stick with it and Chiefs win that kind of game fairly convincingly I think.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm seeing posts like "49er's are the better team But the Chiefs will win"
What ??? :shock: :34853_doh:
So how does that work?The better team wins the game in my book!

Wartooth

Reaction score
It'll depends on how many time the Chiefs blazing fast WR's can get behind the 9er's secondary...
If that's working, the 9er's are in for a long day!