Jimmy G

TAB420

Reaction score
QBR= 69.5 bad Jimmy. :49ersmall:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I doubt they can win a sb with him at the helm. They have a few good seasons left but he is not a qb that inspires confidence .

Maulbert

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1a2y4xbj said:
I doubt they can win a sb with him at the helm. They have a few good seasons left but he is not a qb that inspires confidence .

Garoppolo is solid, but he doesn't strike me as the type to elevate his teammates. Not a joke, between Kittle, their running game, that D, and the midseason acquisition of Sanders, I think they could've gotten to the Super Bowl with Nick Mullens at QB. I mean, I don't think they could've done that with anybody, but Mullens could've played as well as Garoppolo this year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":bi9rgqmt said:
Cyrus12":bi9rgqmt said:

Garoppolo is solid, but he doesn't strike me as the type to elevate his teammates. Not a joke, between Kittle, their running game, that D, and the midseason acquisition of Sanders, I think they could've gotten to the Super Bowl with Nick Mullens at QB. I mean, I don't think they could've done that with anybody, but Mullens could've played as well as Garoppolo this year.
Been saying that since last year, but was told by the “clever Niner trolls” I was wrong.
I think they bet on the wrong horse and their ego’s won’t let them admit they were likely wrong.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The good news for the 49ers is that they can ride out next season with him without a massive risk of dead cap space after that; it's a really cheap cut given the cost of the contract, but they front loaded the dead money.

The Rams, on the other hand, are stuck with Goff through next year unless they can trade him. Then they get reasonably big dead cap hits, but it would be over $50 million this coming season.

Russell Wilson has stupid high dead cap numbers through 2022. But he's Russell Wilson.

Jville

Reaction score
He might want to consult with Russell Wilson. Taking a sack rather than throwing the ball out of fear of a sack for a loss supports the mandate of taking care of the football. Helps minimize interceptions and boosts quarterback ratings.

SF49r

Reaction score
Jimmy ain't it, I'm done with him. Give me a QB that can actually escape the pocket and throw a decent deep ball.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SF49r":2xkkha53 said:
Jimmy ain't it, I'm done with him. Give me a QB that can actually escape the pocket and throw a decent deep ball.
Well, we ain’t giving you Dangeruss. ;) :sarcasm_on:

SF49r

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":egbuca1i said:
SF49r":egbuca1i said:
Well, we ain’t giving you Dangeruss. ;) :sarcasm_on:
Aww pretty please lol :p

Maulbert

Reaction score
Anyone else find it hilarious how Niner fans have turned so hard on him? Not even a week ago he was god's gift to football. Now he was solely responsible for their 4th quarter collapse. :lol:

SF49r

Reaction score
I've always been hard on him with his ability to extend plays and throwing a consistent deep ball. Those flaws cost us this game. Please don't associate me with the other homer fans. The plays were there, Shanny called a decent game and Jimmy didnt deliver. It is what it is though.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SF49r":s3qpqpcv said:
I've always been hard on him with his ability to extend plays and throwing a consistent deep ball. Those flaws cost us this game. Please don't associate me with the other homer fans. The plays were there, Shanny called a decent game and Jimmy didnt deliver. It is what it is though.

I don't think he's a bad QB, I just think he's a guy that will rise or fall to the talent around him. He's Tony Romo, he's Matt Hasselbeck, he's Rich Gannon. He's never going to be the piece that gets you over the hump, but if everything else is firing on all cylinders, that won't matter. That was the 49ers this year to a T. The minute they needed to rely on him, he couldn't get the job done. But for 2 and 3/4 playoff games, that didn't matter.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that can break a QB for the rest of his career, sometimes. I'll be curious to see how he looks next season.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Continued this particular thought here, it's a better fit...
RolandDeschain":2f4mcx0u said:
olyfan63":2f4mcx0u said:
Jimmy G wasn't good enough when it counted.
That's a very polite way to put it. Seems to me, he had MULTIPLE epic meltdowns in the heat of the moment right near the end.
Jimmy G Meltdown Meter, how do I love thee... Let me count the ways...
Shall we tally it up here, or does a play-by-play, group-sourced Meltdown Meter deserve its own thread? I mean, it could be pretty delicious to list them out, play-by-play.
A tabular format like below, chronological. Times I put in below were made up examples. His final pick barely counts, since the game was over at that point, but, why not, let's include it; after all, any truly great QB would have scored a TD in garbage time.

--TIME-- / --PLAY--
<4Q 6:03> Jimmy G goes to throw to Kittle in the flat gets it batted by Jones...
<4Q 5:45 > Jimmy G overthrows an open Deebo Samuel on a slant

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This really puts it into perspective. Jimmy GQ definitely lost it more than anyone else for the Niners.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1224416965055385601[/tweet]

rjas77

Reaction score
Can one imagine the result if Wilson had that kind of time?