Falcons won't offer DE Vic Beasley new deal

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm equal to Ansah...at least my stats this season were.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seanhawk":ll8336un said:

What are your salary expectations?

Would you be willing to work on a 1 year prove it deal?

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn't look past the possibility that Ansah returns on a significantly smaller deal. His issues were entirely health related. So if the medical staff thinks he can return to form, then he's worth the risk. Keep in mind, this will be his first 'healthy' off-season since 2015.

Beasley is more of a Bruce Irvin type player. He's not really big enough to be a replacement for Ansah as a base DE. He's more of a replacement for Kendricks with higher upside as an edge rusher on 3rd down.

Unless Beasley is really cheap, I'd pass on him. Beasley is the perfect example of why you shouldn't just look at sack numbers to judge a pass rusher. His pass-rush win rate, pressures, hits, and hurries are among the worst in the league. Seriously, Ansah actually grades out better than Beasley on a snap to snap basis which is saying something considering Beasley was healthy for the entire season and Ansah was in an out of the line up with injuries.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic ... t-be-back/

One of the posts....

"I used to be a Beasley defender but can we honestly say he lived up to his hype or really took that next step? He never developed an effective counter move. Once a OL gets his paws on him, Vic is done. His handwork is sloppy. He's elite athleticism and speed but he never took that next step to develop actual pass rush moves on a consistent basis. He was a ghost during that '16 playoff run when we really needed him. Quinn showed a lot of faith and arguably a lot of pride picking up his $13 million option and then Vic not showing up to a OTA workout. Quinn was clearly disappointed Vic wasn't there. And what kind of message does that send every other player when an underperforming guy gets rewarded with a $13 million paycheck after a subpar season? That one irks me the most. That's a separate issue anyways...I'm glad he's gone but wish him best going forward."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seanhawk":nf7sn567 said:
I thought I saw a dude out there with a Tennis Racket in his hand once, but I was drinking heavily that day.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2m4maxnl said:
Seanhawk":2m4maxnl said:
I thought I saw a dude out there with a Tennis Racket in his hand once, but I was drinking heavily that day.

See? Already more noticeable than Ziggy.

getnasty

Reaction score
knownone":25gqsbm6 said:
I wouldn't look past the possibility that Ansah returns on a significantly smaller deal. His issues were entirely health related. So if the medical staff thinks he can return to form, then he's worth the risk. Keep in mind, this will be his first 'healthy' off-season since 2015.

Beasley is more of a Bruce Irvin type player. He's not really big enough to be a replacement for Ansah as a base DE. He's more of a replacement for Kendricks with higher upside as an edge rusher on 3rd down.

Unless Beasley is really cheap, I'd pass on him. Beasley is the perfect example of why you shouldn't just look at sack numbers to judge a pass rusher. His pass-rush win rate, pressures, hits, and hurries are among the worst in the league. Seriously, Ansah actually grades out better than Beasley on a snap to snap basis which is saying something considering Beasley was healthy for the entire season and Ansah was in an out of the line up with injuries.

I thought the same thing about bringing Ziggy back.

As far as Beasley goes i wouldn't mind a one year prove it deal. Let Collier play run down and bring Beasley in on obvious pass down. He'll come a lot cheaper then Fowler or Quinn with all the upside side.

Also think that Beasley has never played with somebody like Clowney who will command a double team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ansah showed nothing outside of a game of two this season and I would be surprised if he comes back.

If Clowney and Reed both sign elsewhere, I could see a trio of Beasley, Pierce and Armstead.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
knownone":29vztyfr said:

BS you are not going to convince me that the travesty we all saw on the field was completely health related. How can you say that with certainty?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Beasley might need a change of scenery.

Haven't been all that impressed with him outside of that one season where he led the league in sacks.

He'd probably do well here. The Falcons D never seems to perform up to expectations. LOL