Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not many 9er fans here today

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:23 pm
  • Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24041
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:58 pm
  • Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.


    Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2046
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 8:42 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:48 pm
  • That Jimmy G. meltdown at the end was pretty spectacular. Has there been a worse one in Super Bowl history in such a short amount of game clock time?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31542
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:49 pm
  • It was a great game, hard fought, exciting. Niners had the recipe just right for 53 minutes, up two scores, then all Mahomes broke loose. As glad as I am that KC won, that 49ers team was good enough to win, and played championship-level football for 3.5 quarters. One little play made or not made changes the result. Those 2 batted passes in the 4th quarter? Either one gets through, and maybe it's a different result.

    Mahomes and the KC defense made the plays they had to have, at the critical times, and got the result. Saved us Hawks fans from a year of hell.

    Jimmy G wasn't good enough when it counted.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2855
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:51 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:Jimmy G wasn't good enough when it counted.

    That's a very polite way to put it. Seems to me, he had MULTIPLE epic meltdowns in the heat of the moment right near the end.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31542
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57 pm
  • rlkats wrote:Still here pal........

    Never doubted you and Popeye would be
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24041
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:00 pm
  • It’s not as fun to talk crap when your team chokes in the Super Bowl.
    Some of the crap talking trolls we will never see again.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 27177
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:05 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:That Jimmy G. meltdown at the end was pretty spectacular. Has there been a worse one in Super Bowl history in such a short amount of game clock time?


    And repeat again, how much cap the Niners have tied up in Garoppolo?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2855
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:09 pm
  • dear 9 ers please Keep carapolo as your starter for a very long time
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2554
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:14 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:14 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:That Jimmy G. meltdown at the end was pretty spectacular. Has there been a worse one in Super Bowl history in such a short amount of game clock time?


    And repeat again, how much cap the Niners have tied up in Garoppolo?


    I'm pretty sure I heard this right, but this morning on ESPN Radio they said that the Niners would only take a $4 million cap hit if they cut him before April 1st.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6397
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:47 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:That Jimmy G. meltdown at the end was pretty spectacular. Has there been a worse one in Super Bowl history in such a short amount of game clock time?


    And repeat again, how much cap the Niners have tied up in Garoppolo?


    I'm pretty sure I heard this right, but this morning on ESPN Radio they said that the Niners would only take a $4 million cap hit if they cut him before April 1st.


    It's true: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francis ... olo-14472/

    As to whether Mullens would be better, they went 4-12 without Jimmy G the year before. I know they have Bosa and other pieces, but Jimmy D contributed.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:52 pm
  • rlkats wrote:Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.


    Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.


    9ers 5 for 45, Chiefs 4 for 24..

    hardly one sided
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:08 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.


    Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.


    9ers 5 for 45, Chiefs 4 for 24..

    hardly one sided


    Niners fans also seem convinced Damien Williams didn't score on his receiving TD. I honestly believe if he had been called out of bounds, they wouldn't have overturned it, either. It was damn close, and they will usually side with the call on the field, because avoidance of undermining the refs is (usually frustratingly) their top priority. I really don't know which happened first, but their decision made sense. They didn't confirm the call, they let it stand, and there's a difference.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6463
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:21 pm
  • Looked like he barely got the ball across the plane. I think you are right they were going to not change the call on the field.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 27177
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:33 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:That Jimmy G. meltdown at the end was pretty spectacular. Has there been a worse one in Super Bowl history in such a short amount of game clock time?


    And repeat again, how much cap the Niners have tied up in Garoppolo?


    I'm pretty sure I heard this right, but this morning on ESPN Radio they said that the Niners would only take a $4 million cap hit if they cut him before April 1st.



    $4.2 Million according to OTC over the cap.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1099
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:12 pm
  • rlkats wrote:Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.


    Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.


    Yeah but you are one of the three (stilll living today) "cool" 49er fans. :mrgreen:

    We know you will man up. :irishdrinkers:

    Congrats on getting farther than we did anyway. I think you're a QB away. Could be Jimmy G grows into the job. I don't see him ever being cluth=ch like Russel though, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. He could improbve a lot, remains to be seen. :49ersmall:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5320
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 pm
    Location: Port Hadlock, WA


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:dear 9 ers please Keep carapolo as your starter for a very long time



    We will as long as you keep old Pete.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2046
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 8:42 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:46 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.


    Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.


    9ers 5 for 45, Chiefs 4 for 24..

    hardly one sided


    Niners fans also seem convinced Damien Williams didn't score on his receiving TD. I honestly believe if he had been called out of bounds, they wouldn't have overturned it, either. It was damn close, and they will usually side with the call on the field, because avoidance of undermining the refs is (usually frustratingly) their top priority. I really don't know which happened first, but their decision made sense. They didn't confirm the call, they let it stand, and there's a difference.



    Does it really matter? Damn the guy was a hair away if he wasn't in. We couldn't stop 3 and 15. How do you think 1st and and inch would go?
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2046
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 8:42 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:46 pm
  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.


    Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.


    Yeah but you are one of the three (stilll living today) "cool" 49er fans. :mrgreen:

    We know you will man up. :irishdrinkers:

    Congrats on getting farther than we did anyway. I think you're a QB away. Could be Jimmy G grows into the job. I don't see him ever being cluth=ch like Russel though, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. He could improbve a lot, remains to be seen. :49ersmall:



    Thanks for the professionalism and class.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2046
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 8:42 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:52 am
  • rlkats wrote:
    SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.


    Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.


    Yeah but you are one of the three (stilll living today) "cool" 49er fans. :mrgreen:

    We know you will man up. :irishdrinkers:

    Congrats on getting farther than we did anyway. I think you're a QB away. Could be Jimmy G grows into the job. I don't see him ever being cluth=ch like Russel though, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. He could improbve a lot, remains to be seen. :49ersmall:



    Thanks for the professionalism and class.


    Jimmy G looked like JAG out there and wasn't able to flip a switch or allowed to, either way the bottle had no lightning in it while on the other side Reid basically let Mahome's play the last quarter and took the leash off.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 29821
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:57 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.


    Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.


    Yeah but you are one of the three (stilll living today) "cool" 49er fans. :mrgreen:

    We know you will man up. :irishdrinkers:

    Congrats on getting farther than we did anyway. I think you're a QB away. Could be Jimmy G grows into the job. I don't see him ever being cluth=ch like Russel though, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. He could improbve a lot, remains to be seen. :49ersmall:



    Thanks for the professionalism and class.


    Jimmy G looked like JAG out there and wasn't able to flip a switch or allowed to, either way the bottle had no lightning in it while on the other side Reid basically let Mahome's play the last quarter and took the leash off.


    Completely agree
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2046
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 8:42 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:02 pm

Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:35 pm
  • I'm still here.

    Licking my wounds to be honest. Kinda avoiding most of social media. This one left a mark. Ouch.

    Paid for my season tix next year on Monday. Was kinda a metaphorical turning the page. It would have been great to win, but I'd been saying for two weeks I didn't think they would.

    Niners were 4-12 last year. They were 6 minutes from a Lombardi this year. Nobody saw that coming.

    It is what it is. Looking forward to next year.

    As for the Mullens/Garoppolo thing....no. LOL. Jimmy isn't going anywhere. Think what you want, but that's the reality. The Williams TD? I'm not sure that he scored, but I don't think it matters.

    Refs? So yeah, I had issues with a number of calls/non-calls, but ya know what? Even if the calls were the reason the Chiefs won (and I'm not saying they were), they don't etch that into the Lombardi Trophy. Its over.

    Chiefs won. They deserved the win. They played better, particularly in those last 6 minutes.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6832
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:52 pm
  • Marvin, not to kick you while you're down TOO badly, but what are your thoughts on what Maulbert just linked? :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31542
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:00 pm
  • There was one debatable call.. that made the difference between number of penalties and yards against for each team.

    This nonsense on the refs is weak ass narrative.

    Refs let them play. Was a relief
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Not many 9er fans here today
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:27 pm
    • RolandDeschain wrote:Marvin, not to kick you while you're down TOO badly, but what are your thoughts on what Maulbert just linked? :)


      Not my link. I know, he changed his avatar to something very similar to mine, but that's not me. I may have to change mine up, again. Too bad. I like Baby Yoda Russ. :(
      Maulbert
      NET Veteran
       
      Posts: 6463
      Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
      Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


    Re: Not many 9er fans here today
    Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:36 pm
    • RolandDeschain wrote:Marvin, not to kick you while you're down TOO badly, but what are your thoughts on what Maulbert just linked? :)


      I think there is zero context, I think I couldn't care less and I'm really kinda tired of the fandom comparisons. I mean, really?

      Who gives a sh*t? I think sometimes you guys just need something to puff up yer chest about.

      I know how I feel about it and I don't care otherwise.
      Marvin49
      NET Veteran
       
      Posts: 6832
      Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


    Re: Not many 9er fans here today
    Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:37 pm
    • Maulbert wrote:
        RolandDeschain wrote:Marvin, not to kick you while you're down TOO badly, but what are your thoughts on what Maulbert just linked? :)


        Not my link. I know, he changed his avatar to something very similar to mine, but that's not me. I may have to change mine up, again. Too bad. I like Baby Yoda Russ. :(

        Whoops; yeah. I didn't even look, just peripheral-visioned the avatar and assumed, lol.

        253's links, then. :)

        For Marvin's reply...lol. Ok.
        RolandDeschain
        * Spelling High Lord *
         
        Posts: 31542
        Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
        Location: Phoenix, AZ


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:42 pm
      • Uncle Si wrote:There was one debatable call.. that made the difference between number of penalties and yards against for each team.

        This nonsense on the refs is weak ass narrative.

        Refs let them play. Was a relief


        OK...I'm not gonna get into a refs argument, but it wasn't one debatable call. There were several (no holding on Deforest Buckner that allowed Mahomes to scramble for 1st down, No hold on Bosa that prevented a sack, No personal foul on hit out of bounds on Garoppolo, questionable OPI on Kittle...I could go on)...but I'm not going to make the argument to say that's why they lost. I'm sure there were calls that went the other way but I didn't see them.

        It was frustrating to watch, but in the end it doesn't matter. Not at all. I learned that after the Ravens SB. It ain't gonna change it. Its over. Chiefs won. Gratz on winning one after 50 years.

        On to next year.
        Marvin49
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 6832
        Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:47 pm
      • Marvin49 wrote:I'm still here.

        Licking my wounds to be honest. Kinda avoiding most of social media. This one left a mark. Ouch.

        Figured you'd be in soon as well. Popeye and kats already dropped by. The thread was aimed at the less football savvy, more douchy Washington49er, Stanley types.

        Sorry it hurts. We know the feeling.
        hawksfansinceday1
        Silver Supporter
        Silver Supporter
         
        Posts: 24041
        Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
        Location: Vancouver, WA


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:55 pm
      • I do not envy 49er fans.

        2nd pick in the draft to having the Super Bowl won, to blowing it late. And not having much cap space either.

        Normally your team builds a little and you get used to winning before losing the Super Bowl - and then to lose it that way? Talk about a roller coaster of emotion..

        And on top of all that - the NFC West is going to be so brutal that they could easily not even make the playoffs next year.
        Ramfan128
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 935
        Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:58 pm
      • Ramfan128 wrote:I do not envy 49er fans.

        2nd pick in the draft to having the Super Bowl won, to blowing it late. And not having much cap space either.

        Normally your team builds a little and you get used to winning before losing the Super Bowl - and then to lose it that way? Talk about a roller coaster of emotion..

        And on top of all that - the NFC West is going to be so brutal that they could easily not even make the playoffs next year.

        Yeah one of the three of us will likely get left out. Cards could challenge for .500 too.
        hawksfansinceday1
        Silver Supporter
        Silver Supporter
         
        Posts: 24041
        Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
        Location: Vancouver, WA


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:50 pm
      • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............


        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.
        Washington49er
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 637
        Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:33 pm
      • Marvin49 wrote:
        Uncle Si wrote:There was one debatable call.. that made the difference between number of penalties and yards against for each team.

        This nonsense on the refs is weak ass narrative.

        Refs let them play. Was a relief


        OK...I'm not gonna get into a refs argument, but it wasn't one debatable call. There were several (no holding on Deforest Buckner that allowed Mahomes to scramble for 1st down, No hold on Bosa that prevented a sack, No personal foul on hit out of bounds on Garoppolo, questionable OPI on Kittle...I could go on)...but I'm not going to make the argument to say that's why they lost. I'm sure there were calls that went the other way but I didn't see them.

        It was frustrating to watch, but in the end it doesn't matter. Not at all. I learned that after the Ravens SB. It ain't gonna change it. Its over. Chiefs won. Gratz on winning one after 50 years.

        On to next year.

        I love how Marvin says he’s not going to get into “the refs argument” then spends the next paragraph doing exactly that.
        LOL. Don’t ever change Marvin.
        Sports Hernia
        NET Ring Of Honor
         
        Posts: 27177
        Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
        Location: The pit


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:25 pm
      • Washington49er wrote:
        hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............


        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.

        You keep getting those digs in man. Enjoy your offseason.
        hawksfansinceday1
        Silver Supporter
        Silver Supporter
         
        Posts: 24041
        Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
        Location: Vancouver, WA


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:49 pm
      • I am actually amused that officiating outside the OPI is something 9er fans are trying to hang their hurt on.

        Marvin, that's just a list of hoping things break your way. All thst chatter for weeks and months and it's down to the refs.

        Not exactly putting on a brave face there
        Uncle Si
        * NET Hottie *
         
        Posts: 16704
        Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 pm
      • I actually liked the officiating other than the OPI called since they let them play. The only thing that really pissed me off is the blatant offensive holds that were ignored all game. I know I said that its better to let them play but it is frustrating to see your d-line getting so close to the QB but can't quite make it there because they are getting bear hugged from behind by the o-line not just once but every damn play. Notably a huge 3rd down that Mahomes converted late in the 4th that would not have happened if Bosa wasn't getting grabbed after he beat the tackle. But like I said I think its better for the game when the officials stay out of the game and let them battle and only call the obvious penalties.
        SF49r
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 598
        Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:30 pm


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:35 pm
      • Uncle Si wrote:I am actually amused that officiating outside the OPI is something 9er fans are trying to hang their hurt on.

        Marvin, that's just a list of hoping things break your way. All thst chatter for weeks and months and it's down to the refs.

        Not exactly putting on a brave face there


        Don’t misunderstand me.

        There were several times in the game where I was upset with the refs. On the play where Jimmy was hit out of bounds, the Chiefs were CLEARLY offsides. That was a third down. There were a number of calls like that. Now you can say “let em’ play”, and I’m ok with that, but then don’t call the OPI on Kittle.

        Seeing that stuff makes it really frustrating to watch.

        Here’s the rub tho. I’m WAY, WAY to attached to the game emotionally to pretend I don’t have a biased opinion on the topic. It is VERY likely there were calls just as bad that went against the Chiefs, but clearly I didn’t get nearly as fired up about them.

        That’s why I don’t and won’t say the refs cost them the game. The Chiefs deserved the win. Gratz to them.

        IMO there were 3 plays that swung everything:

        The 3rd and 15 by the Chiefs - That was a back breaker. I’d live to blame someone, but it was outstanding scheming to put Ward in that bind against Hill and Mahomes made the pass despite the pressure (and BTW, Bosa has TWELVE pressures in the game. That’s nuts).

        The OPI against Kittle - Given the letter of the rule, it was OPI. I won’t argue that at all. What was odd to me though was that it seemed there was a huge effort by the refs to stay out of the game. If that’s so, why make that call there? Even so, I can’t really complain to bad on that because I do believe by the letter it was OPI

        Jimmy to Kittle - So much attention is given to Jimmy missing Sanders on the deep shot and I understand why, but there was something odd there I dunno if Sanders slowed a bit as it didn’t seem he was full stride or if Jimmy flat missed him. That’s not the play I am talking about though. What really killed them to me was the batted pass by Chris Jones. Kittle was the intended receiver and was WIDE OPEN for a 1st. I almost think the Sanders play would have been too quick a score and left too much time on the clock for Mahomes. The Kittle play would have kept chains moving and clock ticking.


        So much of Media is all over Jimmy now. I get it. He didn’t play well. I think he’d be the first to say that. I think there is quite a bit of perspective here peeps are missing.

        This was Jimmys first season as a starter. This was his first season returning from a torn ACL. This team wasn’t supposed to be any good and WR was an issue most of the year.

        Jimmy needs to play better, and he will.

        Bottom line in all of this tho, Niners lost because Chiefs were better on Sunday. Period. No excuses. Gratz to them.
        Marvin49
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 6832
        Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:40 pm
      • Washington49er wrote:
        hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............


        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.


        No actually probably not. I doubt you're old enough to be a "long time die hard" 9er fan, but even so, your team is big Market, has 5 rings already. You lost because your QB MELTED DOWN like the stay puff mashmallow man in Ghostbusters!

        We had one stolen (our first) and you have NO idea what that's like (and likely never will), and the third we lost on ONE PLAY, arguably a bad call, maybe not. Now it DID suck to lose to the Pats, and you CAN relate to that, but we had a top 10 level QB in our first go round, and a future LEGEND when the Cheatriots won it at the end the third time.

        We had a top twenty all time QB in XL, and then a future LEGEND QB who lost it on one play.

        Yeah we know how it feels to lose a big game, but not as embarassingly as you guys did. :141847_bnono: :mrgreen: :twisted: :179422:

        I get it tho, it sux. Winning actually sux after two weeks when you realize how long you have to wait for next season (like everyone else). Sorry man I feel for ya, I really do. :( But it is somewhat different....
        SeAhAwKeR4life
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 5320
        Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 pm
        Location: Port Hadlock, WA


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:56 pm
      • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
        Washington49er wrote:
        hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............


        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.


        No actually probably not. I doubt you're old enough to be a "long time die hard" 9er fan, but even so, your team is big Market, has 5 rings already. You lost because your QB MELTED DOWN like the stay puff mashmallow man in Ghostbusters!

        We had one stolen (our first) and you have NO idea what that's like (and likely never will), and the third we lost on ONE PLAY, arguably a bad call, maybe not. Now it DID suck to lose to the Pats, and you CAN relate to that, but we had a top 10 level QB in our first go round, and a future LEGEND when the Cheatriots won it at the end the third time.

        We had a top twenty all time QB in XL, and then a future LEGEND QB who lost it on one play.

        Yeah we know how it feels to lose a big game, but not as embarassingly as you guys did. :141847_bnono: :mrgreen: :twisted: :179422:

        I get it tho, it sux. Winning actually sux after two weeks when you realize how long you have to wait for next season (like everyone else). Sorry man I feel for ya, I really do. :( But it is somewhat different....


        I started watching when this guy was QB, I was 15, you do the math if you can figure out who he is.

        20191010_075200.jpg
        20191010_075200.jpg (35.9 KiB) Viewed 283 times


        We lost because the 49er coach got away from what they do best, run the ball. You should absolutely understand that after watching RW throw a INT instead of giving it to Marshawn. RWs or PC fault? Same concept, KS's fault or Jimmy G? Losses are losses no better no worse, not like they give you a bigger or smaller L in your win/loss column.

        Why do you Hawk fans think you're so special, now even your losses are more. Waa waa.
        Washington49er
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 637
        Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:34 am
      • Washington49er wrote:
        SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
        Washington49er wrote:
        hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............


        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.


        No actually probably not. I doubt you're old enough to be a "long time die hard" 9er fan, but even so, your team is big Market, has 5 rings already. You lost because your QB MELTED DOWN like the stay puff mashmallow man in Ghostbusters!

        We had one stolen (our first) and you have NO idea what that's like (and likely never will), and the third we lost on ONE PLAY, arguably a bad call, maybe not. Now it DID suck to lose to the Pats, and you CAN relate to that, but we had a top 10 level QB in our first go round, and a future LEGEND when the Cheatriots won it at the end the third time.

        We had a top twenty all time QB in XL, and then a future LEGEND QB who lost it on one play.

        Yeah we know how it feels to lose a big game, but not as embarassingly as you guys did. :141847_bnono: :mrgreen: :twisted: :179422:

        I get it tho, it sux. Winning actually sux after two weeks when you realize how long you have to wait for next season (like everyone else). Sorry man I feel for ya, I really do. :( But it is somewhat different....


        I started watching when this guy was QB, I was 15, you do the math if you can figure out who he is.

        20191010_075200.jpg


        Well he did pretty good for the Raiders.....

        Image


        Or these guys

        I will say this he was one tough SOB and had a lot of stuff to over come in his life.

        Image

        We lost because the 49er coach got away from what they do best, run the ball. You should absolutely understand that after watching RW throw a INT instead of giving it to Marshawn. RWs or PC fault? Same concept, KS's fault or Jimmy G? Losses are losses no better no worse, not like they give you a bigger or smaller L in your win/loss column.

        Why do you Hawk fans think you're so special, now even your losses are more. Waa f'ing waa.
        chris98251
        .NET Hijacker
         
        Posts: 29821
        Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
        Location: Renton Wa.


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:45 am
      • SF49r wrote:I actually liked the officiating other than the OPI called since they let them play. The only thing that really pissed me off is the blatant offensive holds that were ignored all game. I know I said that its better to let them play but it is frustrating to see your d-line getting so close to the QB but can't quite make it there because they are getting bear hugged from behind by the o-line not just once but every damn play. Notably a huge 3rd down that Mahomes converted late in the 4th that would not have happened if Bosa wasn't getting grabbed after he beat the tackle. But like I said I think its better for the game when the officials stay out of the game and let them battle and only call the obvious penalties.



        The OPI was obvious lol
        Ambrose83
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 1003
        Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 pm


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:51 am
      • Washington49er wrote:
        hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............


        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.

        Roland said it better than me..................

        RolandDeschain wrote:Not calling some holds is one thing; inventing phantom $h!t out of thin air on huge plays is something else.
        hawksfansinceday1
        Silver Supporter
        Silver Supporter
         
        Posts: 24041
        Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
        Location: Vancouver, WA


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:50 am
      • Washington49er wrote:
        SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
        Washington49er wrote:
        hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............


        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.


        No actually probably not. I doubt you're old enough to be a "long time die hard" 9er fan, but even so, your team is big Market, has 5 rings already. You lost because your QB MELTED DOWN like the stay puff mashmallow man in Ghostbusters!

        We had one stolen (our first) and you have NO idea what that's like (and likely never will), and the third we lost on ONE PLAY, arguably a bad call, maybe not. Now it DID suck to lose to the Pats, and you CAN relate to that, but we had a top 10 level QB in our first go round, and a future LEGEND when the Cheatriots won it at the end the third time.

        We had a top twenty all time QB in XL, and then a future LEGEND QB who lost it on one play.

        Yeah we know how it feels to lose a big game, but not as embarassingly as you guys did. :141847_bnono: :mrgreen: :twisted: :179422:

        I get it tho, it sux. Winning actually sux after two weeks when you realize how long you have to wait for next season (like everyone else). Sorry man I feel for ya, I really do. :( But it is somewhat different....


        I started watching when this guy was QB, I was 15, you do the math if you can figure out who he is.

        20191010_075200.jpg


        We lost because the 49er coach got away from what they do best, run the ball. You should absolutely understand that after watching RW throw a INT instead of giving it to Marshawn. RWs or PC fault? Same concept, KS's fault or Jimmy G? Losses are losses no better no worse, not like they give you a bigger or smaller L in your win/loss column.

        Why do you Hawk fans think you're so special, now even your losses are more. Waa waa.


        So you come on here to whine about Seahawks fans while taking veiled and obvious shots? Not a good look.

        Sort yourself out, or don't post.
        Uncle Si
        * NET Hottie *
         
        Posts: 16704
        Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:52 am
      • Uncle Si wrote:
        Washington49er wrote:
        SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
        Washington49er wrote:
        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.


        No actually probably not. I doubt you're old enough to be a "long time die hard" 9er fan, but even so, your team is big Market, has 5 rings already. You lost because your QB MELTED DOWN like the stay puff mashmallow man in Ghostbusters!

        We had one stolen (our first) and you have NO idea what that's like (and likely never will), and the third we lost on ONE PLAY, arguably a bad call, maybe not. Now it DID suck to lose to the Pats, and you CAN relate to that, but we had a top 10 level QB in our first go round, and a future LEGEND when the Cheatriots won it at the end the third time.

        We had a top twenty all time QB in XL, and then a future LEGEND QB who lost it on one play.

        Yeah we know how it feels to lose a big game, but not as embarassingly as you guys did. :141847_bnono: :mrgreen: :twisted: :179422:

        I get it tho, it sux. Winning actually sux after two weeks when you realize how long you have to wait for next season (like everyone else). Sorry man I feel for ya, I really do. :( But it is somewhat different....


        I started watching when this guy was QB, I was 15, you do the math if you can figure out who he is.

        20191010_075200.jpg


        We lost because the 49er coach got away from what they do best, run the ball. You should absolutely understand that after watching RW throw a INT instead of giving it to Marshawn. RWs or PC fault? Same concept, KS's fault or Jimmy G? Losses are losses no better no worse, not like they give you a bigger or smaller L in your win/loss column.

        Why do you Hawk fans think you're so special, now even your losses are more. Waa waa.


        So you come on here to whine about Seahawks fans while taking veiled and obvious shots? Not a good look.

        Sort yourself out, or don't post.


        Get over yourself. The dude is trying to say your losses are worse. "Our losses are better than yours", just pointing out how silly that sounds.
        Washington49er
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 637
        Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:55 am
      • Washington49er wrote:
        Uncle Si wrote:
        Washington49er wrote:
        SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
        No actually probably not. I doubt you're old enough to be a "long time die hard" 9er fan, but even so, your team is big Market, has 5 rings already. You lost because your QB MELTED DOWN like the stay puff mashmallow man in Ghostbusters!

        We had one stolen (our first) and you have NO idea what that's like (and likely never will), and the third we lost on ONE PLAY, arguably a bad call, maybe not. Now it DID suck to lose to the Pats, and you CAN relate to that, but we had a top 10 level QB in our first go round, and a future LEGEND when the Cheatriots won it at the end the third time.

        We had a top twenty all time QB in XL, and then a future LEGEND QB who lost it on one play.

        Yeah we know how it feels to lose a big game, but not as embarassingly as you guys did. :141847_bnono: :mrgreen: :twisted: :179422:

        I get it tho, it sux. Winning actually sux after two weeks when you realize how long you have to wait for next season (like everyone else). Sorry man I feel for ya, I really do. :( But it is somewhat different....


        I started watching when this guy was QB, I was 15, you do the math if you can figure out who he is.

        20191010_075200.jpg


        We lost because the 49er coach got away from what they do best, run the ball. You should absolutely understand that after watching RW throw a INT instead of giving it to Marshawn. RWs or PC fault? Same concept, KS's fault or Jimmy G? Losses are losses no better no worse, not like they give you a bigger or smaller L in your win/loss column.

        Why do you Hawk fans think you're so special, now even your losses are more. Waa waa.


        So you come on here to whine about Seahawks fans while taking veiled and obvious shots? Not a good look.

        Sort yourself out, or don't post.


        Get over yourself. The dude is trying to say your losses are worse. "Our losses are better than yours", just pointing out how silly that sounds.


        The irony in telling others to get over themselves. Look at yourself man. You came on to another team's board to confront their fans about your team losing, after confronting them about how good your team was all season, took shots at their team losing in the process, just in an attempt to remind them.

        Like i said, sort yourself out.
        Uncle Si
        * NET Hottie *
         
        Posts: 16704
        Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:01 pm
      • Washington49er wrote:
        hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............


        Been here a couple times, just not much to say (shocking I know).

        As a Hawk fan I'm sure you can relate to how most us are feeling.



        Well there's also the fact we won one in the last decade, it's been what, 25 years since your team did? It's the Candlestick curse, NEVER with the Santa Clara team win one, NEVER!!!! Mwahahahahaha! :179422:
        SeAhAwKeR4life
        NET Veteran
         
        Posts: 5320
        Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 pm
        Location: Port Hadlock, WA


      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:12 pm

      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:29 pm

      Re: Not many 9er fans here today
      Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:01 pm

      Next


      It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm

      Please REGISTER to become a member

      Return to [ NFL NATION ]




      Information
      • Who is online
      • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests