Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:06 am

Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:10 am
  • The RB should have been the MVP. Mahomes is getting paid though regardless if he’s the MVP or not.
    The cap is going to bite them starting next year. Might be 3 or 4 years before they make it back, but if you have the stud a QB you always have a shot.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 27179
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 am
  • What are you talking about? Mahomes is the best football player, maybe ever ! Just watch listen to most of the talking heads.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:20 am
  • Actually if you want to be truthful Shanny and Crappollo should have been the MVP’s. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 27179
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:40 am
  • TreeRon wrote:What are you talking about? Mahomes is the best football player, maybe ever ! Just watch listen to most of the talking heads.



    You seem triggered by this...

    Mahomes is pretty damned good, a generational talent. Not sure why that bothers people. He's not stealing anything away from Wilson.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 am
  • Our team would very well could vote Bobby Wagner MVP should we not pay Russell? Mahomes is there most valuable player and it's not close. If the NFL redrafted tomorrow he would be the first pick.
    Last edited by getnasty on Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4214
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:59 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:The RB should have been the MVP. Mahomes is getting paid though regardless if he’s the MVP or not.
    The cap is going to bite them starting next year. Might be 3 or 4 years before they make it back, but if you have the stud a QB you always have a shot.



    I've seen this take several times and it irks me. You can replace Mahomes with literally any QB in the NFL and the Niners blow the Chiefs out.

    The type of pass rush that the Niners were getting on the Chiefs is similar to what the Rams have done to Wilson a few times when we've crushed you guys.

    The Rams got that type of pass rush the first time we played the Niners and we only mustered 7 points - and it's worth noting that on drives that Goff passed the ball, we scored 0.

    Mahomes was "off" in the first three quarters, but he was also getting pressured almost every time he dropped back to pass. Even on the huge game changing 3rd and 15 throw to Hill he got hit as soon as the ball was out of his hand. When you consider the circumstances that was one of the best QB performances I've ever seen. Any NFL QB can light up a defense when they have time to pass.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 935
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:45 am
  • Mahomes is good no doubt, still think RW is better.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 637
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:57 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:What are you talking about? Mahomes is the best football player, maybe ever ! Just watch listen to most of the talking heads.



    You seem triggered by this...

    Mahomes is pretty damned good, a generational talent. Not sure why that bothers people. He's not stealing anything away from Wilson.


    Generational talent?? Is not Wilson in the same generation?
    (A month ago, Lamar Jackson was a generational talent.)


    RW was Mahomes before Mahomes. Wilson's first few years in the league were met with guffaws and misgivings. He was constantly criticized for leaving the pocket and or being a gimmick player who could not play from the pocket (see Prisco comments in another thread). Now with Mahomes, everything's cool and he's a wonder to behold, doing pretty much what Wilson did/does in an offense that allows Mahomes to "cook" at will.

    In the NFL talking heads' world, it's as if Wilson doesn't exist (except for Cowherd).

    Mahomes is 3-4 inches taller, that's the only difference. Time will tell if Mahomes is as tough as RW.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:01 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:The RB should have been the MVP. Mahomes is getting paid though regardless if he’s the MVP or not.
    The cap is going to bite them starting next year. Might be 3 or 4 years before they make it back, but if you have the stud a QB you always have a shot.



    I've seen this take several times and it irks me. You can replace Mahomes with literally any QB in the NFL and the Niners blow the Chiefs out.

    The type of pass rush that the Niners were getting on the Chiefs is similar to what the Rams have done to Wilson a few times when we've crushed you guys.

    The Rams got that type of pass rush the first time we played the Niners and we only mustered 7 points - and it's worth noting that on drives that Goff passed the ball, we scored 0.

    Mahomes was "off" in the first three quarters, but he was also getting pressured almost every time he dropped back to pass. Even on the huge game changing 3rd and 15 throw to Hill he got hit as soon as the ball was out of his hand. When you consider the circumstances that was one of the best QB performances I've ever seen. Any NFL QB can light up a defense when they have time to pass.



    If it's any receiver other than Tyreek Hill, that pass isn't completed. That pass was as much about Hill's 4.2 speed as Mahomes' throw. Heck he had to wait on the ball.

    One more thing: If RW is the Niners QB, they win going away. He makes that throw to Sanders.
    Last edited by TreeRon on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:03 pm
  • Mahomes is an absolute stud. So thankful that Arizona didn't get him. I had him going to either AZ or KC coming out. He would have developed well under Arians, but will have significantly more success with Reid

    Replace him with Wilson in that Super Bowl, and the result would have been similar. Replace Wilson with Mahomes last year, and our record would be within +/- one game.

    LJ is Michael Vick 2.0, or maybe a smaller version of Cam Newton. He is going to have success in the league for a few years, more than just another flash in the pan RG III, but he won't have the sustained success that Wilson and Mahomes will have
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2708
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:00 pm
  • The funny thing is, I think he IS their team MVP. I think he WASN'T the Super Bowl MVP. That should've gone to Damien Williams.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6464
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:10 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:What are you talking about? Mahomes is the best football player, maybe ever ! Just watch listen to most of the talking heads.



    You seem triggered by this...

    Mahomes is pretty damned good, a generational talent. Not sure why that bothers people. He's not stealing anything away from Wilson.


    Generational talent?? Is not Wilson in the same generation?
    (A month ago, Lamar Jackson was a generational talent.)


    RW was Mahomes before Mahomes. Wilson's first few years in the league were met with guffaws and misgivings. He was constantly criticized for leaving the pocket and or being a gimmick player who could not play from the pocket (see Prisco comments in another thread). Now with Mahomes, everything's cool and he's a wonder to behold, doing pretty much what Wilson did/does in an offense that allows Mahomes to "cook" at will.

    In the NFL talking heads' world, it's as if Wilson doesn't exist (except for Cowherd).

    Mahomes is 3-4 inches taller, that's the only difference. Time will tell if Mahomes is as tough as RW.


    But again, why does the praise on Mahomes make you so upset?

    Wilson got lots of praise. Still does. Like a lot. Even with Mahomes.

    The two can (and do) exist in the same world.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 pm
  • Wilson and Mahomes are both studs. Maybe one is better than the other, it's hard to tell. Unfortunately for Wilson, he has been dealt a bad hand in the oline department, and unlike Mahomes, plays in a system not designed to take advantage of exceptional qb play.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1472
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:17 am
  • The thing is..
    I posted this because his own teamates don't think he is
    their MVP and that to me is a glaring tell of what they
    think of him..
    We will see when he gets paid and loses a lot of what they
    can afford due to his rookie contract just how good he really
    is..Is he going to get lesser players playing hard for him like
    RW does?I have my doubts but we will see.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5124
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:59 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:The thing is..
    I posted this because his own teamates don't think he is
    their MVP and that to me is a glaring tell of what they
    think of him..
    We will see when he gets paid and loses a lot of what they
    can afford due to his rookie contract just how good he really
    is..Is he going to get lesser players playing hard for him like
    RW does?I have my doubts but we will see.



    I think you're assuming far too much negative about this situation. Simply because the Chiefs chose Honey Badger as their team MVP does not speak volumes about Mahomes. It means that the Chiefs really thought Mathieu was the inspiration that kept them together this season. Remember, Mahomes missed games through injury and the team needed a spark to carry on.

    There is not one player on that team that doesnt think Mahomes isnt just the best player on the team, but probably the best player in the league. Just no way.

    Who was the Seahawks MVP in 2013?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:43 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:The thing is..
    I posted this because his own teamates don't think he is
    their MVP and that to me is a glaring tell of what they
    think of him..
    We will see when he gets paid and loses a lot of what they
    can afford due to his rookie contract just how good he really
    is..Is he going to get lesser players playing hard for him like
    RW does?I have my doubts but we will see.



    I think you're assuming far too much negative about this situation. Simply because the Chiefs chose Honey Badger as their team MVP does not speak volumes about Mahomes. It means that the Chiefs really thought Mathieu was the inspiration that kept them together this season. Remember, Mahomes missed games through injury and the team needed a spark to carry on.

    There is not one player on that team that doesnt think Mahomes isnt just the best player on the team, but probably the best player in the league. Just no way.

    Who was the Seahawks MVP in 2013?

    Your right about me assuming but we will see how good he really is soon.
    As for 2013..I'm guessing it was not RW :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5124
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:27 pm
  • Max Kellerman: "Mahomes is the greatest player who ever lived".
    The hype is beyond rediculous.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


Re: Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:44 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:Max Kellerman: "Mahomes is the greatest player who ever lived".
    The hype is beyond rediculous.


    It'll pass bro....
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16704
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am




It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Aiunahthar and 28 guests