Lions have spoken with teams about trade for CB Darius Slay

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Mizak":1752md4r said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28723912/sources-lions-spoken-teams-trade-cb-darius-slay

Do Seahawks trade for him, yes or no?
Maybe if the price is right? He's turning 30 this season, so if the Lions think they're gonna get a 1st or 2nd for him, they're high.

sutz

Reaction score
Never hurts to ask, as they say. I'm sure it's something JS would look into. Right now, we're kind of in the "banking on Tre Flowers just hit a sophomore slump" area. But I think Slay and Shaq would be a pretty solid duo, assuming Slay could play our style of D.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't see it happening. Pete's invested a lot of time into Flowers, and he typically doesn't give up on guys quickly. They might draft a guy to compete with Flowers, but they won't trade for a 30 year old and sign him to a major deal. The only way I could see this happening is if Flowers is a disaster during the season.

I would rather the front office target A.J. Bouye or Byron Jones, if the goal is replacing Flowers. Both guys have had success in Pete's scheme and you wouldn't have to give up picks to sign them.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Slay>>Flowers at this point. In many ways he's better than Quill.

He will cost a lot, so the question becomes priorities on the D. Get another EDGE that's out of box 80 percent or more of Clowney, now our secondary doesn't look that bad. Or don't and beef up the secondary.

It depends on their overall strategy, but if it's leaning toward the latter, I'd say sign him.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Mizak":2vdd36zm said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28723912/sources-lions-spoken-teams-trade-cb-darius-slay

Do Seahawks trade for him, yes or no?

No, they do not.

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
Slay, Griffin, Diggs, McDougald sounds like a solid secondary.

toffee

Reaction score
If Griffin plays at the same level next season as the last one, and Flowers could make the same improvement as he enjoyed from rookie to soph, we are quite OK there. Rather spend more $ on DL etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
toffee":1acyaz0t said:
If Griffin plays at the same level next season as the last one, and Flowers could make the same improvement as he enjoyed from rookie to soph, we are quite OK there. Rather spend more $ on DL etc.

I think I'm there. :ditto: Pete prides himself on good DB play, it's his thing. But if they do it, I'll root for him. :mrgreen:

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1pphe30g said:
D-line, D-line, D-line
Yeah, some more pressure on the QB and our DBs look a lot better. :snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've been beating this drum since the season ended. Give Detroit a 2nd or 3rd rounder and go get Slay, I'm done with Flowers, he singlehandedly cost us the GB playoff game. Adams made him look like a fool.

Reports came out this morning that the Rams are going to go after Slay, with what, the 15M of cap space they have before the draft even starts?

potatohead33

Reaction score
Aren't Diggs and Slay best friends? Would show both guys you're committed to them, pretty good move IMO.

TreeRon

Reaction score
No more Ancient Mariners....er...Seahawks
He'll be 30 by season. We should've kept Sherm if we're in to senior citizens at speed and agility positions

Cyrus12

Reaction score
toffee":3kj7ydge said:

That's a big if for Flowers. The secondary got burned a lot last season at cb. I'm not saying Slay is the answer but I'd be concerned if we stick with Flowers and dont have a back up plan. As mentioned he got burned a lot.

sutz

Reaction score
Cyrus12":8s5wwlnq said:
toffee":8s5wwlnq said:

That's a big if for Flowers. The secondary got burned a lot last season at cb. I'm not saying Slay is the answer but I'd be concerned if we stick with Flowers and dont have a back up plan. As mentioned he got burned a lot.
DBs will look better with a better pass rush, though. Hard for DBs to cover for 5 seconds.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
sutz":28l521rc said:
Cyrus12":28l521rc said:
toffee":28l521rc said:

DBs will look better with a better pass rush, though. Hard for DBs to cover for 5 seconds.
Agreed but Flowers looked lost out there a lot of the time and did not match up well with above avg receivers.