Tom Brady announces he is leaving the Pats

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hoodie got his way, I see.

I think the market for Brady may be softer than anyone thinks. The Titans signed Tannehill to a monster deal. Mariota just went to the Raiders to back up Carr. That there's so much talk around Tampa Bay indicates to me that the Chargers may not have been as interested as everyone has assumed.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I just can't expect Brady to be as good on any other team. At his age and the unfamiliarity of a new place, new players, and a scheme that might be different...? This feels very "Joe Montana to the Chiefs" to me.

Am I the only one?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1keedqxh said:
Hoodie got his way, I see.

I think the market for Brady may be softer than anyone thinks. The Titans signed Tannehill to a monster deal. Mariota just went to the Raiders to back up Carr. That there's so much talk around Tampa Bay indicates to me that the Chargers may not have been as interested as everyone has assumed.
chargers desperately need him to sell tickets. They couldn't even fill a $30,000 seat stadium with their own fans last year.

Dan Patrick just brought up a really good point, what if it's the Patriots that didn't want him back not the other way around?

sutz

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1lkc8twj said:
I just can't expect Brady to be as good on any other team. At his age and the unfamiliarity of a new place, new players, and a scheme that might be different...? This feels very "Joe Montana to the Chiefs" to me.

Am I the only one?
You're not alone.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Patriots got an annual hometown discount from Brady who by the end was significantly underpaid relative to his performance on the field.

We won’t truly know what the deal was between BB and TB but it appears as if the Pats wanted him to play for less than market. He finally got fed up up and two massive egos collided. I suspect the Pats dynasty is over until they find a QB who will be able to run the team under the control of BB. Even then it will be hard to replace Brady.

Looks to me like Tampa or LAC are the realistic markets for Brady.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I take back what I just said.

In corresponding news, Ian Rapoport reported that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers made an offer to the 42-year old quarterback worth upwards of $30 million or more. ewhereThe Chargers apparently joined the Bucs in making a large offer as well, leading Brady to leave NE and explore his options.

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2020/3 ... s-patriots

So yeah. LA would be a better place for him. His woo TB12 trainer is from there, he can plug right into Hollywood with Gisele, and he can help them sell tickets. Assuming there is a season without current distractions, that is.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Imo hes going to the Chargers. New stadium and desperate to sell tickets in that shitty LA sports town. It's closer to his home as well. I for one am happy the Patriots and Brady era are done! The cheating...the easy schedule...the sickening fans...its all falling apart now!

chrispy

Reaction score
Seems very likely Brady thinks he can play for a different team at a high level.

Also seems very likely that Belichick can see the decline in performance and he very rarely overpays for a player.

I'd guess they were both trying to call the others' bluff and both feel like they won. They can both claim they were "forced into a difficult decision. But it's a business...".

I think the difference with this situation and Montana-to-the-Chiefs is that the Pats don't seem to have Steve Young waiting to seemlessly step in. ... unless Jarett Stidham or Cody Kessler are better than I think...

xray

Reaction score
Without Belichick he won't be anything close to his best years ; which were clearly behind him . 43 and it was showing . It's possible to play till 45 ; but it usually isn't pretty to watch .

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He just won the Super bowl in Feb. of 2019. But he did look like he was losing a little at the end this season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Tampa would be a good landing spot for him. Two stud WR's in an offense built for easy throws. Not sure if his arm has enough left to consistently hit the deep routes Arians loves though. Brady really didn't throw much downfield past few years and when he did, it didn't look great.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Imagine the blow to Brady's ego if no NFL wants him? :lol:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
mistaowen":11kym6ur said:
Tampa would be a good landing spot for him. Two stud WR's in an offense built for easy throws. Not sure if his arm has enough left to consistently hit the deep routes Arians loves though. Brady really didn't throw much downfield past few years and when he did, it didn't look great.
Those guys are deep route runners. No way he can hit them in stride. It's clear Brady is the new Manning throwing ducks at this point.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/1240034595069808645[/tweet]