Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florio: NFL expanding playoffs to 14 teams

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• Hell no..
    That's so the Cowboys can get in..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:Hell no..
    That's so the Cowboys can get in..

It’s to get the Cowboys and Stealers (see legacy teams) in every year as they always tend to struggle to make the playoffs year in and year out.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• So the seventh seed can be called Old Glory Hole I guess.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Dallas wouldn't have made it last year. The Rams were first out.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I'm actually a fan of this move - HF advantage is not so much the issue as a 1 week bye, this removes it from the 2nd seed and so now only the number 1 seed gets this advantage, which I think is fair for being the best team over the year.

This would have meant us playing the winner of GB vs Rams (possibly at home, if the Rams had won) instead of GB, at Lambeau, with a week's rest and extra preparation.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:I'm actually a fan of this move - HF advantage is not so much the issue as a 1 week bye, this removes it from the 2nd seed and so now only the number 1 seed gets this advantage, which I think is fair for being the best team over the year.

This would have meant us playing the winner of GB vs Rams (possibly at home, if the Rams had won) instead of GB, at Lambeau, with a week's rest and extra preparation.

No, if the Rams had beaten the Packers in a 3rd WC game, they would've gone to San Francisco and we would've hosted the Vikings in round 2. Gladly would've taken that over a trip to Lambeau, though.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information