Tom Brady pens Players Tribune article

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Weird that someone who spent a whole career going 'around' the rules would write an article titled "The Only Way is Through"...

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Used to like Tom Brady quite a bit. These days, I can’t wait for him to go away. Hope he falls flat on his face in Tampa, along with Bruce Arians.

xray

Reaction score
Tampa in the playoffs...I found out long ago betting against Brady will cost you scratch . GOAT ...deal with it .

xray

Reaction score
Tampa in the playoffs...I found out long ago betting against Brady will cost you scratch . GOAT ...deal with it .

IndyHawk

Reaction score
xray":3eu5kspf said:
Tampa will be in..Brady and lethal quick slants won't be throwing
30 picks like Winston's sorry ass.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I really doubt HotDogNeck will be able to figure out new ways to circumvent the rules like Belicheat. So, go ahead and bet against them.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Brady doesn't seem to have the deep ball arm strength, but he will figure out a way, and Arians is a smart coach who gets a lot out of ALL the players on a team. Tampa Bay has decent talent (Just ask the Rams) and without turnover machine Jameis Winston, they will win some of the close games they lost the last couple years.

Brady won SBs after DeflateGate, and doesn't need to cheat to win. He, along with Arians, will figure out a way to elevate TB a notch or two. Playoffs seems a likely outcome. Arians is actually a pretty damn good coach, even if he's not popular among Hawk fans.

I don't really get all the Brady hate. He is a regular guy, an underdog, who found a way, made a way, against overwhelming odds. He is no golden boy and had to fight and scrap and claw at every level along the way. Yes, he is a very smart dude, and yes, he had some advantages, but he had even more disadvantages, and ultimately, it's his hard work, discipline, and ability to focus under all kinds of pressure that have made him great.

Love to hate Tom Brady? Fine! I hated seeing him dismantle Dan Quinn's Falcons in that 28-3 comeback debacle. But I had to respect him. He shrugged off a pick-6, ignored the huge scoreboard deficit, and kept his focus on doing his job, on finding ways to beat the Atlanta D. I can certainly grant this, Tom Brady has been hella lucky in big moments; it took at least 3 LUCKY BREAKS for him to beat the 'Hawks in SB49.
- Gets picked by Jeremy Lane: Lane breaks his forearm and blows out his ACL on the return. Hawks have no serviceable slot corner, and have to put shitty Tharald Simon out there for Brady to torch.
- Cliff Avril, Seattle's primary pass rush threat, gets a concussion and has to leave game. Now Brady has time to throw.
- ?Edelman? gets a concussion, but STAYS IN THE GAME.
- "The pick" Russell throws at the goal line, preserving the NE win.

Brady and Belichick and the Pats OC at the time recognize the mismatch on Simon and basically target whoever he is covering the rest of the game. Brady executed. Carroll inexplicably left slot CB Marcus Burley inactive for the game, so Brady's luck was also being gifted a mismatch by Carroll's rostering screwup. (if someone knows why Burley was inactive vs. Simon, please share; I've never heard the reason.)

Brady has also lost a couple Super Bowls, like the one to the Giants, where the 18-0 Pats wound up 18-1 to the Giants, after that David Tyree helmet catch. So he's had bad luck too.

BTW, I was super-happy when Tennessee knocked out Brady and the Pats in the first round of the playoffs. Even though I respect and admire Tom Brady, I have seen more than enough of the Patriots in the playoffs over the years, and it was glorious to see them lose early and not have to listen to weeks more of announcers knob-slobbering all over Brady and the Pats. The knob-slobbering over Brady was especially nauseating after SB49. Mediots, it's not like Brady himself made the pick.