PI no longer reviewed

xray

Reaction score
Pass interference calls will not be reviewed this season . No coach challenges ...nothing .

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I think I'm OK with this. I don't recall seeing many calls on the field overturned and it will close the door on at least one dumb Pete challenge per game. It felt like he thought the rule was that he HAD to challenge one PI/non-PI per game.

Mizak

Reaction score
We all know why.

The Patriots and Rams will suck this year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If they would have applied the rule like it was supposed to be it would have worked. The NFL can now say “see we tried it and it didn’t work”, while they sabotaged the rule from the get go.

The NFL likes the ability to steer games to get desired results IMHO, thats the reason sky judge was rejected.
Gotta get mediocre legacy teams like *allas and the Stealers in the playoffs every other year.

It’s sad when an start up league like the XFL has better and more transparent officiating than the NFL.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I didn't like the rule in the first place, but this actually makes it feel so much worse. They put it in place to appease an angry team and their fans, they never actually use it (that is, never overturn the call on the field), then get rid of it the next season. It's such transparent pandering. It's not about making the league better. It's just about image.

But it was a stupid rule opening to WAY too much subjectivity than already exists.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":tl2daxdz said:
If they would have applied the rule like it was supposed to be it would have worked. The NFL can now say “see we tried it and it didn’t work”, while they sabotaged the rule from the get go.

The NFL likes the ability to steer games to get desired results IMHO, thats the reason sky judge was rejected.
Gotta get mediocre legacy teams like *allas and the Stealers in the playoffs every other year.

It’s sad when an start up league like the XFL has better and more transparent officiating than the NFL.
Yeah, I think the referee's union got together and decided to kill it by not overturning many calls. Then we're all, "Gee, I guess it didn't work."

:34853_doh:

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":24lu2259 said:
Sports Hernia":24lu2259 said:

Yeah, I think the referee's union got together and decided to kill it by not overturning many calls. Then we're all, "Gee, I guess it didn't work."

:34853_doh:

The replays didn't lie, all of the fans going WTF on most the calls and then not turned over.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4idzwckx said:
Sports Hernia":4idzwckx said:

:ditto:
This

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
How about less commercials during a game ?

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3subkonq said:
xray":3subkonq said:
I’m all for less commercials during the games.

Well if they have games with no fans guess where they are going to get more revenue from, higher commercial fees and or more commercials. Shit you already have sometimes 5 minute breaks at times, I can picture in a picture or patches on Uniforms which I would hate.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3b5q5xl1 said:
Sports Hernia":3b5q5xl1 said:
xray":3b5q5xl1 said:
I’m all for less commercials during the games.

Well if they have games with no fans guess where they are going to get more revenue from, higher commercial fees and or more commercials. Shit you already have sometimes 5 minute breaks at times, I can picture in a picture or patches on Uniforms which I would hate.

I'd rather have more commercials than uniform patches. We don't want to become the Swedish Verizons.

Sue bird

Boohman14

Reaction score
It seems like Pete had a non-call, against Pittsburgh of all teams, enforced as PI. I think they do need to look at PI as it's enforced in general though. Too big of a potential game changer to leave it to the Mr. Magoos they've hired.