LT Trent Williams to the 49ers

KinesProf

Reaction score
John Lynch is very good at this.

But I do think there is a ceiling until they get an upper echelon qb and have to start paying upper echelon qb money.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Can we trade the 49ers and Cardinals for the Chargers and Raiders? This is insane why can't the NFC West have three dumb teams like the AFC East?

NINEster

Reaction score
KinesProf":hst8wywl said:

But I do think there is a ceiling until they get an upper echelon qb and have to start paying upper echelon qb money.

They're already paying upper echelon QB money, and already have such a QB according to some of us.

It's nice that Seattle had Wilson making Kurt Warner grocery shelve stocking money for a few years.....two SBs in, and then when he made high 8 figures he hasn't been to the NFC Championship since.

By this logic, Garoppolo is already better than Wilson. Or the 2019 49ers were better than all configurations of the Seahawks going back to 2015.

Or maybe none of those last two statements are true. But yours sure af aren't.....

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1lyc9ips said:
Can we trade the 49ers and Cardinals for the Chargers and Raiders? This is insane why can't the NFC West have three dumb teams like the AFC East?

During our 2013 SB run, the NFCWest was the toughest division in the league. Iron sharpens iron, and I expect we'll be better for it.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If iron sharpens iron, why have the Patriots made it to so many championships?

Iron can ding up iron pretty good too.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Should be fun having him and Sherman in the same locker room.

TAB420

Reaction score
I'm I hearing right? He hasn't actually played since the end of the 2018 season?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You're hearing right. He refused to play in 2019-20 because he was upset over the medical staff mishandling his cancerous condition.

The Redskins wouldn't trade him in the fall even though they could have gotten a first for him. Maybe even two. The day before the trade deadline, they tried to reach out to the Browns--who they blew off--but the Browns were no longer interested.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":x7d0drre said:
KinesProf":x7d0drre said:

They're already paying upper echelon QB money, and already have such a QB according to some of us.

It's nice that Seattle had Wilson making Kurt Warner grocery shelve stocking money for a few years.....two SBs in, and then when he made high 8 figures he hasn't been to the NFC Championship since.

By this logic, Garoppolo is already better than Wilson. Or the 2019 49ers were better than all configurations of the Seahawks going back to 2015.

Or maybe none of those last two statements are true. But yours sure af aren't.....
LOL. Nice pretzel logic. Crappollo has won exactly ZERO Super Bowls in which he started, he choked bad in the most recent Super Bowl.

I dont count the 2 when he was holding the clipboard and not playing in the game. Madge from the Pats accounting department has 2 Super Bowl rings, and she played as many snaps as Crappollo did in those games.

Your teams weakness is at QB, like it or not.

TAB420

Reaction score
NINEster":139bjfzc said:
KinesProf":139bjfzc said:

I feel it's very accurate statement. Jimmy is not the QB you want when the game is on the line, period. i'm not saying he won't get there, But he's not there, not yet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
What Ninester is saying is accurate. 9ers made it to a super bowl paying their QB top 10 money.

Seattle has not since paying Wilson.

Stanley

Reaction score
TAB420":3nvll82p said:
NINEster":3nvll82p said:
KinesProf":3nvll82p said:

I feel it's very accurate statement. Jimmy is not the QB you want when the game is on the line, period. i'm not saying he won't get there, But he's not there, not yet.

You obviously dont watch Niner games. At least he didnt throw a pick at the goal line losing the Super Bowl. What a choke artist. <——thats your illogical, uninformed reasoning right there

TAB420

Reaction score
Stanley":1tw1vqux said:
TAB420":1tw1vqux said:
NINEster":1tw1vqux said:
KinesProf":1tw1vqux said:

You obviously dont watch Niner games. At least he didnt throw a pick at the goal line losing the Super Bowl. What a choke artist. <——thats your illogical, uninformed reasoning right there
I watch Jimmy enough to see that he gets rattled. Some players get better when the game in on their shoulders and rise to the challenge. Jimmy is not that player, not yet. This is not new news. DK himself told Clowney that they need him back because Jimmy makes bad throws under pressure (not quoting). Jimmy Garoppolo had 2.8 rating in 4th quarter. The only player w/ lower rating in 4th quarter of playoff loss since 2000 season (min 5 attempts) was Vince Young at 0.0 (1 for 5, 6 yards INT) vs in 4th quarter vs Chargers 1/6/08.

Last night in #SuperBowlLIV

Jimmy G with *NO Pressure:
86% comp
199 yards
1 TD
119.5 passer rating

Jimmy G when *UNDER PRESSURE:
11% comp
20 yards
2 INT, 1 SK
2.8 passer rating.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You here to troll, or chat?

Provide some logical, informed reasoning instead...

Stanley":1u6zxas9 said:
TAB420":1u6zxas9 said:
NINEster":1u6zxas9 said:
KinesProf":1u6zxas9 said:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2fc20k8m said:
After the Redskins' wild card playoff loss against the Seattle Seahawks on January 6, 2013, Williams struck Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman in the face. He was fined $7,875 for the incident.[23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Williams

I doubt it matters at all.. Was 7 years ago, they're millionaires, teammates, and getting on in years.

TAB420

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2z3et5be said:
You here to troll, or chat?

Provide some logical, informed reasoning instead...

Stanley":2z3et5be said:
TAB420":2z3et5be said:
NINEster":2z3et5be said:

On which part?