Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Smith E60

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Alex Smith E60
Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 pm
  • Wow this guy has gone through a lot with that devastating injury. Lucky to be alive and have a leg.

https://youtu.be/syPfHoqXgWY
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Alex Smith E60
Sun May 03, 2020 7:33 pm
  • Disney had YouTube pull the video.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun May 03, 2020 11:14 pm
  • Well that's crap...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue May 05, 2020 11:21 am
  • Dammit. I watched the YT beforehand.

Alex's leg looked like a half-eaten raw steak. It did not even look human. I could not believe what I was seeing there.

He had necrotizing faciatis, flesh eating bacteria. They pulled someone's piece of sock out of the wound originally.

His wife went to the team doc, and the team doc said she would choose amputation if it were her leg. Alex woke up and decided to try to salvage the limb. He had to have quad transplants and calf transplants. Basically moving around meat.

At 36, the chances he can go out on the field, even as a backup, are not zero as it would be for me and for most people. Maybe he goes out there late in the 4th to do the victory formation or maybe he gets to throw one. That's pretty goddamn miraculous.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 06, 2020 8:56 pm
  • I always liked Alex. I knew what he was as a football player, IE he was risk averse to a fault, but the dude just worked his a$$ off from day one and never said a word. So much respect for him.

I watched that video in its entirety. OMG, that shot of his leg after they had removed all of the damaged tissue...it looked like a turkey leg after you've eaten most of the meat off it.

I didn't think its was possible to rescue a leg in that condition.

To be honest though, I really hope he doesn't play again. It seems like it would just introduce the possibility of another tragedy. You've got money for life Alex. I think his entire contract is guaranteed for injury, but I could be wrong. Retire, get into coaching. Get a ring as a coach.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed May 06, 2020 9:13 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information