What in the world is going to happen with the Redskins

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Crazy rumors about the Redskins are dropping.

The interesting bit is the part of them paying off the refs (how is this possible when they lose so regularly?), but that 'other owners do it too'. Anyone hearing this?

The part about pimping out the cheeleaders makes sense, the rumors were already running about that. But $2 million in payoffs to the refs? That is insane. And, if true, who are these 'other owners'? (Does one of them own a football team in Boston?)

Waiting for the Washington Post story on this to see just how much veracity there is vs the rumors.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15beqcny said:
Crazy rumors about the Redskins are dropping.

The interesting bit is the part of them paying off the refs (how is this possible when they lose so regularly?), but that 'other owners do it too'. Anyone hearing this?

The part about pimping out the cheeleaders makes sense, the rumors were already running about that. But $2 million in payoffs to the refs? That is insane. And, if true, who are these 'other owners'? (Does one of them own a football team in Boston?)

Waiting for the Washington Post story on this to see just how much veracity there is vs the rumors.

If true I am looking at Dallas and New England first, Snyder can't even pay off the refs correctly and win. You know your bad.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It probably wasn't last year but for years before.

One of the other allegations is massive amounts of sexual misconduct. One specifically indicates that certain ESPN reporters slept with team personnel and players for scoops.

Remember back in 2015, Scot McLoughan's wife accused an ESPN reporter (Russini) of sleeping with players for scoops. Jessica was shot down over it, but this might vindicate her. If this stuff reaches back to 2015, it certainly impacts times the Redskins were shooting for playoff spots and wins.

Impacting refs would make more sense back then.

But the larger issue is how prevalant owners paying refs is. Over $2M just to one ref means it is pretty prevalant.

Considering thousands of people gamble tens to hundreds of thousands on just the spreads of NFL games, a lot of people could have been potentially defrauded.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2azzvea3 said:
It probably wasn't last year but for years before.

One of the other allegations is massive amounts of sexual misconduct. One specifically indicates that certain ESPN reporters slept with team personnel and players for scoops.

Remember back in 2015, Scot McLoughan's wife accused an ESPN reporter (Russini) of sleeping with players for scoops. Jessica was shot down over it, but this might vindicate her. If this stuff reaches back to 2015, it certainly impacts times the Redskins were shooting for playoff spots and wins.

Impacting refs would make more sense back then.

But the larger issue is how prevalant owners paying refs is. Over $2M just to one ref means it is pretty prevalant.

Considering thousands of people gamble tens to hundreds of thousands on just the spreads of NFL games, a lot of people could have been potentially defrauded.

Oh this can of worms is just getting started, Scot may have a final laugh in all this and maybe a shot at a lawsuit as well now that the truth is about to come out.

Also the Gambling the NFL has partnered with just got real messy along with the Las Vegas Raiders.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HogsHaven/status/1283882490504118272[/tweet]
Basically over a decade and a half of misconduct that Snyder either was willfully ignorant about or didn't address. That's not gonna help out at all.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Paying refs would be a bigger bombshell than sexual harassment. Not even close.

Now if allegations that Jay Gruden's involvement in this led to the injury that ended Alex Smith's career are true? Then yes, the sexual misconduct will be a bigger story.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Considering all the rumors floating on twitter, by sources that report on the Redskins, that is a pretty blah 'bombshell'.

Sure, it is terrible.

But the rumors were salacious. Was at least hoping for half to be true.

The poor Skins fans were hoping for a deluge of nightmare news so that Snyder would be forced to sell. Looks like they are stuck with him for longer now. That has to hurt.

It would have been really cool to see the fallout from a 'pay off the ref' scandal so this is anticlimatic.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The NFL's Washington Redskins have hired a law firm to conduct an independent review after 15 women alleged, in a Washington Post report, that they were sexually harassed while working for the club. The firm Wilkinson Walsh in a statement said it will conduct "an independent review of the team's culture, policies and allegations of workplace misconduct."

The 15 women who spoke to the Post alleged multiple instances of verbal and sexual abuse over 13 years. The accusations include some of the team's top executives.

While none of the women accused the team's owner, Dan Snyder, of harassment, some said they doubted that Snyder wasn't aware of it, according to the newspaper.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington ... legations/

knownone

Reaction score
Is this new? Why do I feel like I've heard about this type of stuff going on in Washington before? Weren't they the franchise that trapped their cheerleaders on an island and forced them to mingle with board members?

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":1ip84khv said:
Is this new? Why do I feel like I've heard about this type of stuff going on in Washington before? Weren't they the franchise that trapped their cheerleaders on an island and forced them to mingle with board members?

Pretty sure your right, also expected them to do favors as far as Hostesses of the Redskins and to keep their jobs.

By the way weren't they also doing that and not getting paid as well.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't get this stuff at all, I can understand if a guy is cat calling, making it uncomfortable for a woman to work in, but to what end? If a woman flashes her bust and someone looks, or makes a coment.. can it be claimed sexual harassment by her? Is it sexual harassment by the woman in that case? IDK, of course I haven't read the story.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2xiub7rk said:
I don't get this stuff at all, I can understand if a guy is cat calling, making it uncomfortable for a woman to work in, but to what end? If a woman flashes her bust and someone looks, or makes a coment.. can it be claimed sexual harassment by her? Is it sexual harassment by the woman in that case? IDK, of course I haven't read the story.
I recommend you read the story and then talk to some women about their experience with sexual harassment to see how their experiences might mirror what these women said in the article.

The article goes into detail about their experience and a lot of it goes beyond "uncomfortable."

Cyrus12

Reaction score
New name has been released!! Washington Football Club! Haha...what a joke. This happened in the cfl once when they expanded to the US. Baltimore wanted the Colts name but weren't allowed so they called themselves the Baltimore Football Club. I see them selling a ton of merchandise this year...

James in PA

Reaction score
In other words: all the good names are copyrighted and time is running out before the season starts.

Maybe they should just keep it “The Washington Football Team.” Years from now when people ask why Washington is the only team without a nickname, it will open a dialogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
It's a smart business move to not commit to a new name at this time. Very little to no fans at games this year. A pandemic that has put a stranglehold on the economy for the better part of 3 months. Why come out with a whole new brand now when they can wait until there are fans with money to buy the new merch? They'll wait until next year when they can make a big splash and conjure a nice profit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1tda8fxo said:
Actually, it's the "Washington Football Team". The initials are WFT, but should really be WTF.
I like it!! Small adjustment, Washington Team for Football, and it's there!! WTF!! Plus, it's culturally sensitive to Spanish-speakers, in terms of where the preposition is. WTF?? Yes! FTW!!

nanomoz

Reaction score
They should call themselves what they are: Washington Dumpster Fire.

Nothing right will happen at that organization until that utter piece of shit Daniel Snyder is removed.