Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want Earl Back at the Right Price? He Might be Available.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Would you want Earl back at the right price?

This article suggest the Ravens might be laying the groundwork to cut Earl.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ed-salary/

Talent vs. Attitude. If he regained the right attitude what would a defense with Jamal Adams and Earl in the backfield be like? Maybe the experience with the Ravens will humble him a little bit. Pete has a good record of dealing with attitudes, except he didn't with the old Earl.

The article suggests Ravens players don't consider him a star player any more. He was pretty amazing with Seattle until he broke his leg the 2nd time. We let Sherman go and he did much better than I expected with San Francisco.
    MO Hawk
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• No thanks. If his current teammates don't want him around, we certainly don't need him here.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rave ... be-around/

The team's "Leadership Council," a group of players recognized as team leaders, made it clear that they do not want Thomas around, per La Canfora, who also noted that the potential is there for the team to suspend the safety or take other disciplinary actions.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

• A big middle finger to Earl no. When you flip off the coach, you are also flipping off the entire team and FO. When Earl did that he cemented his ending legacy with the Hawks.
    Loved him as a player but...he cut the cord permanently.
    hawkpride
    NET Rookie

• Quandre Diggs isn’t the physical talent that Earl once was, but at this point he’s a better player and without question a better leader.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

• I like Earl, but unfortunately there seems to be a lot going on with him right now. Right now Quandre is better and younger; and Jamal is the new alpha dog in the secondary.
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie

• I guess he's having a mid career crisis. Maybe SF gets him...
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• I don't mind him flipping off the sideline.
    He went against his instincts and played without the contract and it didn't work in his favor.
    Our situation is different now.
    Diggs, Adams, Blair, Amadi, Flowers, Griff, Dunbar and an idea that our secondary can be feared again and some chemistry/momentum/hope going forward. No thank you Earl.
    I will always reflect fondly upon your dog days tho.
    The Breh
    NET Starter

• Hell no...he can go make prawn vids with his brother
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• That ship has sailed on the tides of yesterday year. No going back now.
    BubbaGump
    NET Starter

• Love him for his legacy and what he gave to the team, but that ship has sailed.

No.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I say no. I appreciate what he accomplished here, but don’t miss his attitude.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• Wasn't a fan of Thomas or Sherman. Thomas always had a attitude problem and Sherman has one big mouth. Hope those 2 never ever come back here again. With the crap that they both pulled they burnt the bridge with Seattle IMO.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

• If I were going to look back into recent past it would be at Clowney and Lynch. While I'm still hopeful for Clowney my general attitude is to look forward, not backward. I think Earl is too far backward to see for any future here.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Attitude aside, he's still going to want a lot of money no matter where he goes. I don't know if he's still better than Diggs, but I'd rather have Diggs at his salary than Earl at whatever he'll want. We also don't need to spend any more money on the secondary. Save that cap space for a pass rusher.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Ship has sailed

Love him but wish him best wherever he ends up unless it’s on Dallas or SF
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I agree... the ship has sailed. No way, Jose.
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• The Breh wrote:I don't mind him flipping off the sideline.
    He went against his instincts and played without the contract and it didn't work in his favor.
    Our situation is different now.
    Diggs, Adams, Blair, Amadi, Flowers, Griff, Dunbar and an idea that our secondary can be feared again and some chemistry/momentum/hope going forward. No thank you Earl.
    I will always reflect fondly upon your dog days tho.

Many veterans play out their second contract and go to free agency. Can’t recall any flipping off their team as they leave. I’d understand it more if this was the end of a low priced rookie deal. But Earl was coming off a monster deal and was still being paid a ton to suit up. Absolutely no call to denigrate his coach in such a way.

Earl made far more than any other LOBer. He should consider himself fortunate, not entitled.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• If let go by the Ravens, Earl should focus his energy to become a prawn star , specialize in those all in the family stuff .

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by toffee on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• No and HELL NO !
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

• No thanks. Great while here. Sour ending.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter

• No..He is not our problem anymore-Get him Dallas
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I would love him back but not this year. We got great backfield right now. If someone gets hurt sure why not.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• I think with a flip of a finger he has made his goodbyes and .. I"m good with that.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• 1 goodbye is sufficient
    xray
    NET Veteran

• We've got the younger version of him in Diggs. Maybe he won't ever be the HOF player he once was but neither will Earl. Pass.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Earl had it good under Pete, didn't appreciated it, now he is making a fool out if himself.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Who?
    Own The West
    NET Starter

• Sure, if he wants to sign for next to no money. I can’t imagine that being the case though.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• We are building chemistry again in our secondary, as with so many players Earl thought he was bigger then the team and system that he thrived in, some systems are tuned to take advantage of a skill set while others are set up as a system to adapt to. We had the former, so many players go from one to another and struggle or disappear. Earls issue is the later.

Those struggles in Baltimore come out with Earl and his expectations of winning and of being able to play the way he could in Seattle, pretty much without restrictions, Baltimore he has distinct assignments which he seems to have issues with following wanting to roam how he did here.

A more complex system rather then a more simple one that allows to play instinctively, we still had assignments here but more flexibility and seemingly better communication between the players in the secondary to change up things when they seen something.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• If he's cut I bet he goes to the 9ers.
    Teahawks
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Yea right.

The dude gave our team the middle finger. He ran into the Cowboys locker room after a game and told them to "come get me". We don't need that kind of pent up anger on the team. I hate it when comfortably wealthy people play the victim card.

He thinks he is "Jonathon E" from the movie Roller Ball.

I still love me some Richard Sherman and some Kam Chancellor, but I cannot stand Earl Thomas. Let him screw up some other locker room. No class. Zero. Zilch.

Adams will end up with the better career.
    Last edited by Mick063 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• Earl had it good here, didn't appreciated it. He insulted the 12s first by running into cowboys locker room, then the finger.

At this point, the 12s turn to return that finger.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:Earl had it good here, didn't appreciated it. He insulted the 12s first by running into cowboys locker room, then the finger.

Not worth that effort, his own pool of self destruction is enough.

The silence on his Cell phone from the Seahawks is enough of a message.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Nope. We got his best years and he was a complete and total douche on his way out.

See ya in the Ring of Honor Earl, and not a moment before.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• He's not going anywhere this year. He will be fined. They can't cut or trade him. Without the swing and miss there is just a lot of hot air.
    AVL
    NET Veteran

• hawks85 wrote:Wasn't a fan of Thomas or Sherman. Thomas always had a attitude problem and Sherman has one big mouth. Hope those 2 never ever come back here again. With the crap that they both pulled they burnt the bridge with Seattle IMO.

I doubt Sherman's bridge is burned here. Thomas's definitely is. Also, Sherman's mouth was nothing like what Earl ended up doing...don't lump them together.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Earl was a fantastic player for Seattle, and he seemed very humble in his early playing days. In the last few years, the “Come get me” comment in Dallas, claiming the Hawks were disrespecting him, flipping off Pete, his family issues, and now the rumors that Ravens team leaders want him gone have sadly tarnished his image a bit.

I hope he can figure things out and have a good life. But I think his ship has sailed in terms of ever playing for the Hawks again, and I’m good with that.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• chris98251 wrote:
    toffee wrote:Earl had it good here, didn't appreciated it. He insulted the 12s first by running into cowboys locker room, then the finger.

Not worth that effort, his own pool of self destruction is enough.

The silence on his Cell phone from the Seahawks is enough of a message.
    Wondering if Ravens could release him based on conducts detrimental to team?

toffee
    NET Veteran

• I have no way to know if Earl will wear a yellow jacket someday or not...Maybe so. I do know two things. He was a hell of a player for us during his heyday, and he also was a bit of an eccentric (I'm being diplomatic). I can handle that but what soured me was his final year or so here with us. Complete doucheville. Like I said earlier, I will welcome him in his rightful place in the Ring of Honor but that's about it. I thank him for his service but he will never, ever be a true Seahawk to me. That notion died the moment he walked into the Cowboys locker room after a game and told the coach to come get him.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• When players start to believe the press clippings it's a problem. Never believe you are as good as others say you are.

Barry Sanders will always remain the paragon of humble superstardom for me.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Remember also that Earl was a 1st Rd pick. He had already gotten two mega contracts and was asking for a third.

As I said earlier, loved him for what he gave us, but that ship has sailed and Earl cut the lines holding it to the dock.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• No thanks. Not a need now. See you at a possible ring of honor induction. There will have to be some serious healing in order for that to eventually happen. Does a dishonorable exit from the team automatically make for a ring of honor based solely on the players on field abilities? For his play he is a ring of honor candidate. For his exit, no. If he does ever get in, he will probably be the last of the LOB.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:No thanks. Not a need now. See you at a possible ring of honor induction. There will have to be some serious healing in order for that to eventually happen. Does a dishonorable exit from the team automatically make for a ring of honor based solely on the players on field abilities? For his play he is a ring of honor candidate. For his exit, no. If he does ever get in, he will probably be the last of the LOB.

It took a lot of years for the Easley rift to heal, but it happened. In his case, though, it was more the team's fault than Kenny's. They treated him pretty badly at the end. I don't recall Easley dissing the team like ET has.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Earl gonna Earl. LOL.
    Silver Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Earl was released by Raven for conduct detrimental to team. He is a free agent.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• No. He can go to Dallas where he should've gone after he left here.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• **** Earl Thomas III
    Hockey Guy
    NET Starter

• I loved Earl in the day...but he's in decline. We really don't know what Diggs will bring next season. He played hurt and gave us a spark. He'll be healthy this year. Our secondary is forming quite nicely and will be a bunch of ball hawks. If we can mount a just decent pass rush we'll be a force again.

No thanks to Earl. I hope he goes home to Dallas and plays out his dream. I don't hate him for the way he left but he's not a team guy and that's what is needed in leadership.
    Boohman14
    NET Practice Squad

• I personally don't think after his actions here that he belongs in the ROH..but I know I'm in the minority around here that think that.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Next

It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information