Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want Earl Back at the Right Price? He Might be Available.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Earl and Richard’s self importance became so great, that it was time to move on from them
    warden
    NET Veteran

• For me it was good bye and good riddance for Thomas and Sherm. Wouldn't want either back and this doesn't change much for me. We already saw this when he was here. They both got way too big of egos and think the world revolves around them.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• I will always enjoy Earl’s time here before his injuries and what not flipping off Carroll.

Earl appears to be in a downward spiral in his career and suitors will be on notice of his issues.

That being said, it’s a no from me.

I’m very excited to see the Diggs and Adams tandem.

It may be as exciting as Thomas and Chancellor.

But at some point you have to move on.

And Diggs and Adams is very exciting.

No, to Earl!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Do you remember Earl's earlier years before he was well known he had a booth set up on the streets of downtown Seattle offering "FREE" safety advise..?? Very comical...But sad Earl just couldn't stay humble.
    slateman77
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Karma got em at last...he still gettin paid like a King. My thinking is that you cant get along with Pete; you cant get along with anyone.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• If Seattle was the only team in the NFL to offer Earl a contract, he would pass. There's no way he would ever play for Pete Carroll again.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Great player while he was here. One of my favorites. I don't hold any resentment towards him for the way he left.

If you look at this strictly from a performance perspective, no. Hard pass.

I'm not saying he can't recover as he's likely to be more motivated than ever but, dudes lost a step or two.

Keep what we have...wish him the best.
    Elemas
    NET Starter

• Elemas wrote:Great player while he was here. One of my favorites. I don't hold any resentment towards him for the way he left.

If you look at this strictly from a performance perspective, no. Hard pass.

I'm not saying he can't recover as he's likely to be more motivated than ever but, dudes lost a step or two.

Keep what we have...wish him the best.
    If no team offer him a contract, hungry children and all, He and his brother can put on a road show to make ends meet.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:I personally don't think after his actions here that he belongs in the ROH..but I know I'm in the minority around here that think that.

Well if you're in the minority, then you have some company because I agree with you. But here's the problem with that. You MUST have the LOB in the ROH at some point, and ET was a big part of the LOB. So when it comes right down to it, I guess I'm torn.

But the Dallas fiasco and then flipping Pete off on national television for the whole world to see makes me not want him in the ROH. In my opinion, that's for players that not only excelled on the football field, but represented the organization proudly. After Earl's antics, I don't think you can say that about him. But how do you include the LOB in the ROH without Earl? It's a dilemma.

As for the OP's original question, no I don't want him here any longer. That ship has sailed. With Adams, Diggs, Dunbar, Griffin, an improving Flowers and an up and coming Marquise Blair, this secondary has a chance to be scary good, and quite possibly the 2nd coming of the Legion of Boom. On paper, I can't think of a better secondary in the league.
    TraderGary
    NET Bench Warmer

• I think they should do the ROH as one banner for them, all 4 of the originals, They were a group, they go in as a group, Brandon may miss it also as could Earl, but they can be honored just the same.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Hard pass. This team has moved on.

As for the ring of honor, I'd prefer to include the LOB as a set. As a group, legendary. Individually, there are some issues to consider.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I'm seriously starting to realize how much Kam kept Earl in check. If I could have any of the LoB back right now, it'd be Kam. Hard pass.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Earl got paid!

Then he pee’d on the shoes of the Ravens management after flipping the bird to Pete and the Hawks. Very silly behaviour from a supposed team leader. Frankly he ended his career here, end of story. There is little doubt he’s a talented FS at the end of his career.

It is also clear he has some “issues” at present, and has caused a split with his wife and family, and now ended his stint in Baltimore.

Until he gets his life together I’d pass. Frankly I suspect Diggs is presently better at the position than him.

I’d pass he’ll want too much.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• There is a good reason why the Seahawks refused to give Thomas a third contract, despite that position being so important in Pete's defense. At the time he was one of the best FS, yet Carroll decided it was time to move on without a valid replacement strategy. His move was the correct one, I'm glad he pulled the trigger.

Over the years Earl Thomas got increasingly more eccentric. He used to be thought of as the quiet, thoughtful guy. As Thomas's ego got stroked he became emboldened. He started becoming erratic and outspoken in his criticisms towards coaches and players. He became malcontent, I believe Carroll was willing to give him one last shot in his final season -- but as we all saw he doubled down on his antics.

In Baltimore his behavior has gotten even more out of hand. He's now spiraling out of control down a similar path as Antonio Brown, another great player with some mental issues. I

respect Earl for what he did for the Hawks, but I don't want him back on this team. He is not quite the same player he used to be and he brings with him baggage that is tantamount to that of Percy Harvin. Harvin, a player that ended up being a poison pill, the poison pill that broke up one of the best teams in the 2010s. We don't want that kind of drama on this team.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• With Diggs and Adams, we already ahve the best safety tandom in the league. We don't need Earl any more.
    Tusc2000
    NET Starter

• Earl and Kam might have been the best safety duo in history. Especially considering how slanted the NFL set the rules against the defense vs. the pass to amp up the offense.

Earl was stellar, one of the greatest safeties ever to play the position. But he needed Kam. Kam kept him from making mistakes. This was clear when Kam held out. We saw it.

Earl is still an incredible player. But he plays with fire and emotion that sometimes takes him out of position.

As he ages, I think he will have a hard time. He seems to have a lot of his priority and sense of self - wrapped up in football. Maybe even more than most. His physical tools sometimes allowed him to make mistakes and then recover from it. He probably cannot do that as much now, which is a bummer. (Back in the day, Kam seemed to help put him in the right position so he didn't need to worry about making mistakes as much.)

He is an intense and weird guy. But I loved watching him play. I don't care if he flipped off Carroll. Honestly, he could spit in a baby's face and I would still probably want to watch him play. He was and is a hell of a player. I will NEVER have an ounce of shame going to gameday with either a #31, #29, #25, or #39 jersey.

Note
    I will be terrified if SF or Dallas gets him. Because he does make mistakes but he ALSO makes plays. And he would make them better.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• If this is not burning your bridge, then what the hell is?? Back at you Earl! :177692:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Hell no. He WAS my favorite player before his last season here. All he has done since is making his own bed, he's not the victim here, and never has been. Look how many people blasted the front office for letting him go. How'd that turn out? Pete and John knew exactly when to let him move on.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• i didn't know a middle finger would make so many Seahawks fan butthurt...

When he was here he gave it 100%. Didn't miss any games. He balled out, when it was time to pay him, they gave him the finger.

He had pretty quiet great season last year, despite the embarrassing moment w/ Henry, he did prevent the td. He also gave up on one of the plays against the Browns but no way he was going to catch him.

Ravens are going to regret releasing Thomas. I hope Houston gets him, i dont want Dallas or 49ers.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• Sorry....way more than just a finger. Most recently the heavy drinking there has been a history of, and the toxic attitude of being a cheating @$$h0le on his wife almost got him killed! .... :pukeface:

" Nina claims Earl, 30, left their home earlier in the day after an argument over the NFL player's drinking. She claims Earl's brother, Seth Thomas, picked him up.

But, a short time later, she decided to check on his whereabouts by logging into his Snapchat account -- and that's when she says she found video of Earl with another woman.

Nina says she used Earl's Snapchat account to track his location to a nearby Airbnb rental home ... and says she called up two other women to help her confront Earl at the pad. Nina also claims she grabbed Earl's pistol, a 9mm Berreta, in the process with the intention to "scare him."

When the women arrived at the house, they "discovered Earl and Seth naked in bed with other women."

That's when Nina admits she pulled out the gun and put it to Earl's head -- stating "that she took out the magazine thinking that the gun could not fire." But, cops say Nina was "unaware that the gun had a round in the chamber."
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• This only proves Earl is an idiot. He had a round in the chamber, then left the gun lying around the house.

In Baltimore his team mates wanted him gone. Friday, he missed an assignment, and when the other safety confronted him about it, Earl sucker punched him.

Missed meetings, blowing off coaches, and it reflected in his play.

The Ravens cut him for "Behavior detrimental to the Team."
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Seymour wrote:Sorry....way more than just a finger. Most recently the heavy drinking there has been a history of, and the toxic attitude of being a cheating @$$h0le on his wife almost got him killed! .... :pukeface:

" Nina claims Earl, 30, left their home earlier in the day after an argument over the NFL player's drinking. She claims Earl's brother, Seth Thomas, picked him up.

But, a short time later, she decided to check on his whereabouts by logging into his Snapchat account -- and that's when she says she found video of Earl with another woman.

Nina says she used Earl's Snapchat account to track his location to a nearby Airbnb rental home ... and says she called up two other women to help her confront Earl at the pad. Nina also claims she grabbed Earl's pistol, a 9mm Berreta, in the process with the intention to "scare him."

When the women arrived at the house, they "discovered Earl and Seth naked in bed with other women."

That's when Nina admits she pulled out the gun and put it to Earl's head -- stating "that she took out the magazine thinking that the gun could not fire." But, cops say Nina was "unaware that the gun had a round in the chamber."

That's someone else personal life issue we had no business knowing. Off field issue didnt affect his play on the field.

*edit*

As for the punch, dont nfl players have squabbles often? Some random backup safety throws his helmet at your direction and starts screaming at a HOF safety seems really comical and disrespectful.
    Last edited by rcaido on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• ET was one of my favorite Hawks ever. Having said that, with the guys we got playing safety now, we good.
    .... and with no drama.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• rcaido wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Sorry....way more than just a finger. Most recently the heavy drinking there has been a history of, and the toxic attitude of being a cheating @$$h0le on his wife almost got him killed! .... :pukeface:

That's someone else personal life issue we had no business knowing. Off field issue didnt affect his play on the field.

He lucky he’s not dead. Wife thought gun was empty, when it wasn’t. A woman scorned trying to scare a cheating husband.... like I said, he’s lucky he’s alive.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    rcaido wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Sorry....way more than just a finger. Most recently the heavy drinking there has been a history of, and the toxic attitude of being a cheating @$$h0le on his wife almost got him killed! .... :pukeface:

He lucky he’s not dead. Wife thought gun was empty, when it wasn’t. A woman scorned trying to scare a cheating husband.... like I said, he’s lucky he’s alive.

I wouldnt be surprise if Earl has the beginning stages of CTE. That was a big thing a few years, whatever happen with that.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Everybody always brags on the Ravens front office, their draft picks, they're a genius wherever you look according to talking heads...

O’Neil: Seahawks deserve credit for how they steered clear of drama with Earl Thomas

And now Thomas is gone. In a best-case scenario, the Ravens paid Thomas $22 million for one season of work, and he will still count $10 million against their salary cap in 2021 when he’s not on the roster. In the worst-case scenario, they’re going to have to pay him another $10 million for this year when he won’t play a down for them.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1149229/ ... mas-drama/

The Ravens could end up paying ET 44 Million dollars for One Year!
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• DANNY AND GALLANT
    Hour 1 - What to make of Earl Thomas' departure from Baltimore?

Earl Thomas is done in Baltimore. Who gets more credit for his time in Seattle - Pete Carroll for managing during his time or John Schneider cutting ties at the right time?

In What to Watch For, the Mariners sweep, the Seahawks mock game ends early and the NBA playoffs are getting good.

John Clayton joins us for his Morning Drive! Paul went to the abbreviated Seahawks mock game and gives us the only observations he's allowed.

Danny takes issue with a line of questioning that took place in Pete Carroll's most recent press conference. Paul is here for it.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... nd+Gallant
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• rcaido wrote:

*edit*

As for the punch, dont nfl players have squabbles often? Some random backup safety throws his helmet at your direction and starts screaming at a HOF safety seems really comical and disrespectful.

Disagree. We hear all about Gordon and his weed smoking because of failed tests. Yet somehow Earl's heavy drinking and infidelity that almost got him dead deserves a pass? Nope....not in my book. Players like Earl are a big investment by the team, and the team needs to know the chances of the player going "Percy" on them. That is why they get grilled and studied prior to drafting.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

*edit*

Disagree. We hear all about Gordon and his weed smoking because of failed tests. Yet somehow Earl's heavy drinking and infidelity that almost got him dead deserves a pass? Nope....not in my book. Players like Earl are a big investment by the team, and the team needs to know the chances of the player going "Percy" on them. That is why they get grilled and studied prior to drafting.

We are talking about sport athletes and infidelity...Sure what he did was disgusting as a husband/father but it was more wrong w/ the wife in this situation. Gordon was against nfl substance abuse, unless the nfl changes the rules about infidelity that cant really be used against him.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• Thomas has now been jettisoned by two of the most widely respected and stable organizations in the NFL, which certainly does not reflect well on him.

As talented as he is, Thomas will probably have to answer questions about why he wears out his welcome -- and teams, who will probably have to move quickly to land him, will have to be careful not to miss any issues that could create more problems for Thomas and his next franchise.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-release ... ers-losers
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• rcaido wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

*edit*

We are talking about sport athletes and infidelity...Sure what he did was disgusting as a husband/father but it was more wrong w/ the wife in this situation. Gordon was against nfl substance abuse, unless the nfl changes the rules about infidelity that cant really be used against him.

The gun with a round in the chamber in his house can be used against him. I doubt it's registered in his Wife's name.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• He's not the victim here, and never was. Excuses don't change the fact that HE alone is the reason he was let go by TWO contenders.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• We don't have to worry about it anyway...I'm sure Dallas will scoop him up.
    Elemas
    NET Starter

• Ravens players wanted Earl OUT

ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• rcaido wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

*edit*

The heavy drinking and alcohol abuse was what got the wife POed to begin with and what set her onto his path. He is an accident waiting to happen, and after 1 year his new team wanted him out....players and all voted him off the team! There is a reason for that, good riddance! :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Heavy drinking is from an angry wife, who pointed a gun to Earl....

As for the players wanted him out, that was from a reporter who is supposedly very bad. I dont think the Ravens had made any official comments except for releasing Thomas due to being detrimental to the team...Everything else reporters are reporting what you want to read/hear.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• rcaido wrote:i didn't know a middle finger would make so many Seahawks fan butthurt...

When he was here he gave it 100%. Didn't miss any games. He balled out, when it was time to pay him, they gave him the finger.

He had pretty quiet great season last year, despite the embarrassing moment w/ Henry, he did prevent the td. He also gave up on one of the plays against the Browns but no way he was going to catch him.

Ravens are going to regret releasing Thomas. I hope Houston gets him, i dont want Dallas or 49ers.

Are you Earls agent? Dude got paid, seattle didn't give him the finger.. He got to old, you don't pay older players big contracts AGAIN. Seattle didn't want to pay him after he started to decline. Stop making excuses for him. He lost a step, he's injury prone, and now he is skipping meetings and pissing off his teammates.
    Last edited by CPHawk on Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• rcaido wrote:Heavy drinking is from an angry wife, who pointed a gun to Earl....

As for the players wanted him out, that was from a reporter who is supposedly very bad. I dont think the Ravens had made any official comments except for releasing Thomas due to being detrimental to the team...Everything else reporters are reporting what you want to read/hear.

Got it!!

"If you had my wife you'd drink like a fish too......."

and

Bad reporting.

Wow!!

Poor Earl!!! :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, he's such a victim in all this. NOTHING is his fault.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• CPHawk wrote:
    rcaido wrote:i didn't know a middle finger would make so many Seahawks fan butthurt...

Are you Earls agent? Dude got paid, seattle didn't give him the finger.. He got to old, you don't pay older players big contracts AGAIN. Seattle didn't want to pay him after he started to decline. Stop making excuses for him. He lost a step, he's injury prone, and now he is skipping meetings and pissing off his teammates.

No im not Earl's agent. Not sure where the decline you're talking about. He was amazing for us all the years he played. he was 28 when we were suppose to extend him but we chose for him to play out his contract. Feelings were hurt and pretty much thats what started his diva attitude...

When Kam got hurt, the Seahawks were just learly of signing any injury type players. Sherm & Thomas, despite them playing hall of fame level. Obviously 2 years later, they are still playing high level play. I get the Seahawks didn't want to chance it, but also i get from Sherman & Earl bitterness that happen to them.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• rcaido wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

I wouldnt be surprise if Earl has the beginning stages of CTE. That was a big thing a few years, whatever happen with that.

That thought has crossed my mind too.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• rcaido wrote: Obviously 2 years later, they are still playing high level play. I get the Seahawks didn't want to chance it, but also i get from Sherman & Earl bitterness that happen to them.

I don't think any player should be bitter about not getting a 3rd high paying contract in the NFL. If you make your millions in your second contract, everything after is gravy. Maybe QB's should expect at least a 3rd big deal if they are probowl level players. But every other position starts to fall off after age 30.

It's all pride and ego.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:
    rcaido wrote: Obviously 2 years later, they are still playing high level play. I get the Seahawks didn't want to chance it, but also i get from Sherman & Earl bitterness that happen to them.

I don't think any player should be bitter about not getting a 3rd high paying contract in the NFL. If you make your millions in your second contract, everything after is gravy. Maybe QB's should expect at least a 3rd big deal if they are probowl level players. But every other position starts to fall off after age 30.

It's all pride and ego.

You're not the one playing...Also these are HOF players, not a JAG.

If the player can still produce, why not pay the player another contract. Sherman wasn't exactly there for his athletic ability and Thomas was still young at 28.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:
    rcaido wrote: Obviously 2 years later, they are still playing high level play. I get the Seahawks didn't want to chance it, but also i get from Sherman & Earl bitterness that happen to them.

It's all pride and ego.

Even for QB's it's becoming less and less common.

Heck look at the hugely talented QB class of 2012

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:

It's all pride and ego.

Even for QB's it's becoming less and less common.

Heck look at the hugely talented QB class of 2012

The 2 best QBs from that class were a 3rd rounder and a 4th rounder. Who'd of thunk it?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I would never take him back, horrible attitude, lost two steps(pro bowl last year due to popularity only), late to team meetings and walkthroughs, missed assignments, drinking problems, personal problems, on field problems, team leaders literally voted him to go. Respect to Pete and John for holding it down with the LOB back in the day for so long. I will always respect the effort and dedication he brought us back in the day. Times change though and ET sailed his ship here. All good things must come to an end eventually
    PNW
    NET Bench Warmer

• rcaido wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:

It's all pride and ego.

If the player can still produce, why not pay the player another contract. Sherman wasn't exactly there for his athletic ability and Thomas was still young at 28.

Wrong!
    Because Earl elected to go against team doctor recommendions of surgery to his leg the first go round, that weakened the leg to the point it easily snapped the second time. He is damaged goods and in part due to his own stupidity and it is showing on the field as well. Pete and John knew this, and would not pay him top $$ he was demanding. I suggest you get over it....he's NOT coming back.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• "Off field issue didnt affect his play on the field."
    I don't buy that at all. And off the field issues obviously effect whether or not you play at all!

No matter how well you play as an individual, if you disrupt team chemistry your skill does not make up the difference. There's a real good reason they call it a team sport.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Seymour wrote:
    rcaido wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:

It's all pride and ego.

Wrong!
    Because Earl elected to go against team doctor recommendions of surgery to his leg the first go round, that weakened the leg to the point it easily snapped the second time. He is damaged goods and in part due to his own stupidity and it is showing on the field as well. Pete and John knew this, and would not pay him top $$ he was demanding. I suggest you get over it....he's NOT coming back.
    Earl and Seth is taking their show on the road, super star multi partner show.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information