Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cardinals @ 9ers

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Cardinals @ 9ers
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:27 pm
  • Cards not embarrassing themselves so far.

NFCW is a strong division, I’d argue the strongest.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Cardinals @ 9ers
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:42 pm
  • They should actually be winning but aren’t able to get out of their own way. Missed 2 FGs too
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:57 pm
  • 17-13 Cards

4th.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:16 pm
  • DeAndre Hopkins and Kyler Murray connection already looks scary

REC YDS TD LONG TGTS
    D. Hopkins 14 152 1 34 16
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:32 pm
  • Love seeing the 9ers fall to the Cards

Just a few ticks of the clock away.

GoCards
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:32 pm
  • 24-20 arizona, 33 seconds to go.

jimmy g late on passes, 9ers d sucks, lots of rust on them
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:34 pm
  • Arizona just secured the upset. Lol at the Jimmy G apologists. :lol:
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:35 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:24-20 arizona, 33 seconds to go.

Actually offense sucked, Jimmy G late on passes, took too many sacks. Couldn't punch it in from the 1 yrd line

D gassed, but they did their job.
    Last edited by Washington49er on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:36 pm
  • lol, love watching the 49ers defensive (err...coordinator) looking so sullen on the sideline.
    Last edited by Barakas on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Barakas
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm
  • Barakas wrote:lol, love watching the 49ers defensive head coach looking so sullen on the sideline.

You mean coordinator?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Cardinals @ 9ers
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:42 pm
  • Nice. Now lets just hope the Cards don’t become the Niners of last year or the Rams after McVay first took over. I’ve seen it too many times now with these NFC West teams coming out of nowhere.
    Last edited by James in PA on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:43 pm
  • Nice to start out ahead of the 49ers, but Arizona is going to be a challenge for everyone, this division is going to be more like walking thru a war zone then the park.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:51 pm
  • Washington49er wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:24-20 arizona, 33 seconds to go.

Actually offense sucked, Jimmy G late on passes, took too many sacks. Couldn't punch it in from the 1 yrd line

You worried? Or just one of those ganes?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:52 pm
  • AZ didn't win by a fluke . They won it straight up . Might be the team that nobody wants to play this season .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:01 pm
  • xray wrote:AZ didn't win by a fluke . They won it straight up . Might be the team that nobody wants to play this season .

I don't call it straight up when the other team's best offensive weapon by a mile can't go in the 2nd half.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:02 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:24-20 arizona, 33 seconds to go.

You worried? Or just one of those ganes?

I think no preseason hurt rookies. Garland out, Deebo out didn't help. Kittle obviously hurt. A lot of rust.

Jimmy G look like $h!t today, that has to change. Missed wide open guys, late throws, just out of rhythm.

Next week we have the jets, hopefully we bounce back and get into rhythm.
    Last edited by Washington49er on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 pm
  • xray wrote:AZ didn't win by a fluke . They won it straight up . Might be the team that nobody wants to play this season .

Blocked punt and 9ers not punching it in from the one made AZ look better than I think they are.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:05 pm
  • Definitely felt like a fluke loss, also 2 hand touches on sliding QBs is now flagged so keep that in mind defensive players
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:07 pm
  • Washington49er wrote:
    xray wrote:AZ didn't win by a fluke . They won it straight up . Might be the team that nobody wants to play this season .

Blocked punt and 9ers not punching it in from the one made AZ look better than I think they are.

Losing Kittle didn't help. Especially with your injuries at wideout going in.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:07 pm
  • SF49r wrote:Definitely felt like a fluke loss, also 2 hand touches on sliding QBs is now flagged so keep that in mind defensive players

Ya refs screwed up a couple of calls that kept their drives alive but 9ers should have been up by 20 at the half.

This loss is on them.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:15 pm
  • Dang, today just keeps getting better and better, all the right teams are losing! :irishdrinkers:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:10 pm
  • SF49r wrote:Definitely felt like a fluke loss, also 2 hand touches on sliding QBs is now flagged so keep that in mind defensive players

On the flip side, blows to the head of the QB are apparently now okay.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:15 pm
  • Barakas wrote:lol, love watching the 49ers defensive (err...coordinator) looking so sullen on the sideline.

They underestimated the impact of DeFo. Bosa isn't near as good without the big guy taking double teams all day.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 pm
  • So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Niners lost a game they should have won. I don’t want to make excuses, so the below aren’t that. They are the reasons they lost the game. They can’t happen. Niners fault.

- Blocked punt gave cards ball at the 10 when it was 10-0.

- Should have kicked field goal on 4th and 1. That’s on Shanahan.

- 49ers were down both Aiyuk and Samuel and it showed. That’s no excuse as you have to play with the guys you have, but pretty clear they desperately need those guys to play. Ritchie James was hurt so for about half the game all they had at WR was Bourne, Pettis, and Taylor. None of those guys could get open for most of game.

- Issues at WR meant multi TE formations and their #1 TE was hobbled. This condensed the field, and with hobbled Kittle getting doubled, there was just nothing there.

- On the occasions there was something there, Jimmy either got pressured and couldn’t take advantage, or flat missed the throw (Bourne at the end being worst example). Was not all Jimmys fault, but he certainly played a part missing some guys high when they finally did get open.

Most noteworthy tho is their inability to stop Kyler. Combination of tempo, Kyler scrambling, and Hopkins is gonna make them a tough out. They have slot more speed at LB now.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:38 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Niners lost a game they should have won. I don’t want to make excuses, so the below aren’t that. They are the reasons they lost the game. They can’t happen. Niners fault.

- 49ers were down both Aiyuk and Samuel and it showed. That’s no excuse as you have to play with the guys you have, but pretty clear they desperately need those guys to play. Ritchie James was hurt so for about half the game all they had at WR was Bourne, Pettis, and Taylor. None of those guys could get open for most of game.

- Issues at WR meant multi TE formations and their #1 TE was hobbled. This condensed the field, and with hobbled Kittle getting doubled, there was just nothing there.

- On the occasions there was something there, Jimmy either got pressured and couldn’t take advantage, or flat missed the throw (Bourne at the end being worst example). Was not all Jimmys fault, but he certainly played a part missing some guys high when they finally did get open.

Most noteworthy tho is their inability to stop Kyler. Combination of tempo, Kyler scrambling, and Hopkins is gonna make them a tough out. They have slot more speed at LB now.

What happened to Kittle? ESPN said nothing about it in the game recap, unless I missed it.
    Divisional games against the Cards are going to be tough for anyone, I know they’ve been for Seattle in the recent past.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:00 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

What happened to Kittle? ESPN said nothing about it in the game recap, unless I missed it.
    Divisional games against the Cards are going to be tough for anyone, I know they’ve been for Seattle in the recent past.

Looked like he hyperextended his knee, came back in but was obviously hobbled. My guess is they'll be an MRI tomorrow. If nothing serious they probably bench him for the next game or two.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:07 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Blasphemy, but the KM TD had sheer signs of Russ '13 in it. KM doesn't have the arm but , weis scrambling skills are epic.

It's hard to predict against a team that we all knew was coming. They do things neither the Hawks or 9ers do, they are all about speed and all about, well, the chaos factor.

And as I sit here watching snf, well the rams aren't imploding either.

It's early, but even so, i'd say the whole season is a tossup based on what i've seen.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:12 pm
  • Yeah, but based on how we did today, the Rams fly sweeps don't scare me as much as last season.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:12 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:

Gratz to the Cards.

Looks like he hyper extended the knee. He said after the game he’s fine, but wasn’t the same. He was also constantly doubled and no WR, TE or Garoppolo could make them pay for it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:15 pm
  • sutz wrote:Yeah, but based on how we did today, the Rams fly sweeps don't scare me as much as last season.

Those would have been nice today. Lol.

With no Samuel, Aiyuk, or even Hurd who ran them a ton in camp last year, they really didn’t even have a threat to do that.

They even ran Kittle on one.

Jamal Adams BTW looked like a monster today.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:18 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:

Gratz to the Cards.

Blasphemy, but the KM TD had sheer signs of Russ '13 in it. KM doesn't have the arm but , weis scrambling skills are epic.

It's hard to predict against a team that we all knew was coming. They do things neither the Hawks or 9ers do, they are all about speed and all about, well, the chaos factor.

And as I sit here watching snf, well the rams aren't imploding either.

It's early, but even so, i'd say the whole season is a tossup based on what i've seen.

I thought Hawks looked really good today, Russ and Adams in particular. 49ers has same trouble with Kyler last year. Dunno if that’s just a bad matchup or if something more serious is wrong with SF D. Too early.

No idea what to make if the Rams.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:21 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    sutz wrote:Yeah, but based on how we did today, the Rams fly sweeps don't scare me as much as last season.

Those would have been nice today. Lol.

With no Samuel, Aiyuk, or even Hurd who ran them a ton in camp last year, they really didn’t even have a threat to do that.

They even ran Kittle on one.

Jamal Adams BTW looked like a monster today.

JA was all over the field. So far seems to be worth the money
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:28 pm
  • The NFCW is a two horse race this year. We have got to get at least a split with the Cards.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:35 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:The NFCW is a two horse race this year. We have got to get at least a split with the Cards.

Dunno about that.

1) Niners will get some guys back.

2) ...and this one is the bigger point, I really dunno just how good the Cards are. Niners just seem to have problems with them regardless of record. Bad matchup.

WAY too much season ahead to be to sure if anything. Niners could have easily been up 17-0 instead of 10-7. Different game at that point.

That’s not to say the Cards won’t contend. I’m just sayin week one assumptions tend to dissipate in week 2.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:42 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    SF49r wrote:Definitely felt like a fluke loss, also 2 hand touches on sliding QBs is now flagged so keep that in mind defensive players

On the flip side, blows to the head of the QB are apparently now okay.

Guess it depends on the ref's plan
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:55 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:The NFCW is a two horse race this year. We have got to get at least a split with the Cards.

Dunno about that.

1) Niners will get some guys back.

2) ...and this one is the bigger point, I really dunno just how good the Cards are. Niners just seem to have problems with them regardless of record. Bad matchup.

WAY too much season ahead to be to sure if anything. Niners could have easily been up 17-0 instead of 10-7. Different game at that point.

That’s not to say the Cards won’t contend. I’m just sayin week one assumptions tend to dissipate in week 2.

Too early to say of course but the Hawks dominated today in that W with the last ATL touchdown being absolutely in garbage time.

And to be fair, I really thought the 9ers would dominate--I thought so because you'd gotten most of your pieces back and yeah, I thought the draft acquistions almost brilliant. Whereas, frankly, i thought collier had every sign of being a Thomas and was like eh on the rest of that D. IOW i thought the niners were in a better place, privately, to start the season.

Way I see it is you guys went to sb so you're doing the same game plan, fg on 4th, jimmy making dumb mistakes, and all of that 2019 jazz.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:59 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:The NFCW is a two horse race this year. We have got to get at least a split with the Cards.

Dunno about that...

Nah, more of a holdover, and 1st week confirmation, from my thoughts of where the West is headed. I'm a believer in Murray, Klingsbury, and what they are building in Zona. Along with the fact that the Niners got extremely lucky with injuries last year, they got the breaks to go their way in single score games, and Jimmy G outplayed his talent level by a large margin last year. Teams revert to their mean, and I think the Niners mean leaves them in 3rd place in the West.

The Cards and Hawks will duke it out for the Championship this year, and the Rams will be wondering why they can't recreate the magic.

And, for the record, I think Jimmy G is better than many here give him credit for, but last year was an aberration for him. He isnt as good as he played last year.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:01 pm
  • Washington49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Gratz to the Cards.

Looked like he hyperextended his knee, came back in but was obviously hobbled. My guess is they'll be an MRI tomorrow. If nothing serious they probably bench him for the next game or two.

That sucks. I hate injuries even to rival teams.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:13 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Gratz to the Cards.

That sucks. I hate injuries even to rival teams.

First time I tore my ACL was in the same fashion, cringe every time I see it.

Side note Jamal Adams was impressive today.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:15 pm
  • That looked worse than just a minor hyperextension to me.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:16 pm
    • bigskydoc wrote:That looked worse than just a minor hyperextension to me.

Me too, guess we'll find out tomorrow.
      Washington49er
      NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:17 pm
    • bigskydoc wrote:That looked worse than just a minor hyperextension to me.

Could be. He did come in and play entire second half tho. Likely not something structural.
      Marvin49
      NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 pm
    • Wilson impressive too as always, I got into fantasy football the first time this year and I drafted him to my team so i'm thankful :2thumbs:
      SF49r
      NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:20 pm
    • bigskydoc wrote:
      Marvin49 wrote:

Dunno about that...

Nah, more of a holdover, and 1st week confirmation, from my thoughts of where the West is headed. I'm a believer in Murray, Klingsbury, and what they are building in Zona. Along with the fact that the Niners got extremely lucky with injuries last year, they got the breaks to go their way in single score games, and Jimmy G outplayed his talent level by a large margin last year. Teams revert to their mean, and I think the Niners mean leaves them in 3rd place in the West.

The Cards and Hawks will duke it out for the Championship this year, and the Rams will be wondering why they can't recreate the magic.

And, for the record, I think Jimmy G is better than many here give him credit for, but last year was an aberration for him. He isnt as good as he played last year.

Um..what? Bro. They were hit with injuries all year. Both starting tackles at the same time, Kittle missed a few, Juice missed a few, they lost Blair and DJ Jones for the year, Ford played hurt all year...lol.

"Lucky"?

I'm not gonna argue with the direction of the Cards, that remains to be seen...but the Niner got lucky with injuries? Um...no.

When they played Seattle in the first meeting, they were down BOTH Kittle and Emmanuel Sanders. Close Games? The 49ers were plus 169 points last year. Seattle was plus 7.

Come on now.

I'm not gonna say anything in regards to how it plays out this year, but I think your idea of how last year went is a bit off kilter there.
      Last edited by Marvin49 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Marvin49
      NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:23 pm
    • yeah they had their key people healthy at the right time last year.
      bigskydoc
      NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:24 pm
    • I know Niner fans like to talk about all their injuries last year, but they really came through comparatively healthy, and key players made it back for the important games.
      bigskydoc
      NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:26 pm
    • bigskydoc wrote:I know Niner fans like to talk about all their injuries last year, but they really came through comparatively healthy, and key players made it back for the important games.

Right...which is why Kittle didn't play vs Seattle in the first game and Sanders was out after the first quarter.

Please.

Then they lost Staley AGAIN for the following week.

Injuries at WR forced the trade for Sanders in the first place.
      Marvin49
      NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:31 pm
    • Never said you didn't have injuries. Never said you didn't lose a couple of key players for stretches of the season. Did say that, overall, the Niners were one of the healthiest teams last year.

Everybody can point to games where they were without 1 or 2 of their star players in every season. Overall, the Niner were a bit luckier than average last year.
      bigskydoc
      NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:32 pm
    • SF49r wrote:Wilson impressive too as always, I got into fantasy football the first time this year and I drafted him to my team so i'm thankful :2thumbs:

You will be banned from the Webzone for this.
      chris98251
      .NET Hijacker

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:39 pm
    • bigskydoc wrote:Never said you didn't have injuries. Never said you didn't lose a couple of key players for stretches of the season. Did say that, overall, the Niners were one of the healthiest teams last year.

Everybody can point to games where they were without 1 or 2 of their star players in every season. Overall, the Niner were a bit luckier than average last year.

Ya...I'll let this one go but I think your Seahawk fandom is blinding you a bit there. Joe Staley, Mike McGlinchey, George Kittle, Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander, Kyle Juszczyk, Weston Richburg, Robbie Gould, Jaquiski Tartt, Ahkello Witherspoon, Jerick McKinnon, DJ Jones, Jalen Hurd, Trent Taylor ALL missed chunks of the season, several the entire season.

Yes, I know teams lose players all the time, but I'm not making the case that those teams were "lucky".
      Marvin49
      NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information