Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 am
  • NorCal wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...

So you are finally listening to the sense I have been making? Good.

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I think time will expose some diva in the young man too.

Honestly, I don't think you are paying attention. Kap routinely runs through multiple progressions while in the pocket. Even NBC had a short segment on it last night before the game. And he makes throws into tight windows without turning the ball over much. He is very smart. But, your saying its your gut feeling. Fine, I guess time will tell.

Oh and I also think you are definitely wrong about LJames. He looks good. He has a 3.8 ypc average last night. Thats not bad for only his second game.

The great thing is we all get to see Kap v RW this week. And for the foreseeable future. They will settle it on the field

That they will.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 am
  • You know, the real reason I wanted NE to win was so we wouldn't have to deal with all the 49er fans showing up here.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 am
  • I'm not wrong about LaMichael. I hope Harbaugh keeps it up with him.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:31 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:You know, the real reason I wanted NE to win was so we wouldn't have to deal with all the 49er fans showing up here.

We were going to show up anyways bc it is Niners v Seahawks week.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 am
  • What was the issue vs Rams, Norcal? Was it good DB play?

I have bigger arms than your avatar.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:42 am
  • A Pats player said it best, the Niners offense isn't having long sustained drives, they are having 2 or 3 play scoring drives.

How many time has Kaep done a 97 yard drive to tie a game and than an 80 yard drive to win it on the road?

The Niners defense is still carrying the team, the roles in Seattle have reversed and it's actually our offense carrying the team now. And that is what makes us so scary right now
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 am
  • pehawk wrote:What was the issue vs Rams, Norcal? Was it good DB play?

I have bigger arms than your avatar.

The issue was that the Rams D-Line beat the 49ers O-Line. Kaepernick had very little time in the pocket, and RB's got stuffed for little to no gain several times.
    manders2600
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:48 am
  • On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

Wilson leads the entire league in total QBR since week 6. Yep that's right, he has a better qbr than Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 am
  • amill87 wrote:On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

Wilson leads the entire league in total QBR since week 6. Yep that's right, he has a better qbr than Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

To me QBR overvalues running too much. Just think about it, the one week Wilson scrambles for a career high in yardage and TD's he gets the best score ever. Also, Kaep somehow keeps getting these great QBR scores that it just doesn't look like he deserved.

Anyways, I hope we really make Kaep have his worst game of the season next sunday. Make Kaep perform badly, we will win.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:27 am
  • Lol I don't get it, why can't both teams have legit and awesome QB's?

No one thought these two would be in the conversation of QBOTF at the start of the season, and yet here they are, lighting up the league
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:55 am
  • Come on Shaz, get with the hate program! Hee hee ...

9ers are a division rival, they are now the gold standard for the division and looked upon as one of the top teams in the NFL. Our guys need to see cracks in the foundation.

I would give both QBs another season before deeming them the truth. The interception yesterday by Kaep was a hiccup, but he seemed to have kept his cool pretty well. And I am not sure whether a TD took 2 to 3 plays or 18 makes a big difference. Shows more that you can make the big play consistently. Sure, if you score 31 and have milked most of the clock, maybe Brady cannot do the 28 pt comeback but who would turn down the scores?

I like our guy, seems the 9ers like theirs. Also looks like Harbaugh navigated a potential landmine with his decision to go to Kaep. Just makes his fans that much more confident in his leadership.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am
  • Seahawks are cocky after putting up 50 against the Cardinals and Bills.

49ers defense isn't kidding around. Wilson needs to have the game of his life to beat the niners.

And oh, its not like your last game against the rams is a walk in the park either. They will be looking to knock you out of the playoffs. So are we

Game on!
    Young2Rice
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 pm
  • Young2Rice wrote:Seahawks are cocky after putting up 50 against the Cardinals and Bills.

Unlike the 49ers who were so humble when they beat the snot out of the Jets and Bills earlier this year.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 pm
  • amill87 wrote:On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

You'll never hear me touting QBR (such a contrived stat mess).

Its about wins and losses. If Kap throws for 150 and wins, I don't care.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:31 pm
  • NorCal wrote:
    amill87 wrote:On the topic of Wilson playing at the highest level in the league and since you Niner fans love to talk about how good of QBR that Kaep has (I personally don't like the stat but whatever).

You'll never hear me touting QBR (such a contrived stat mess).

Its about wins and losses. If Kap throws for 150 and wins, I don't care.

I agree with you there but it think it is a stretch to say Kaep is winning you games. He is helping but your defense is still the shining star.

Whereas for the Hawks, excluding the Cards game, Wilson has been taking over games lately. Our defense has actually let him down in two of our losses. He won the Chicago game pretty much by himself. He completely took over the game yesterday.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 pm
  • pehawk wrote:I'm not wrong about LaMichael. I hope Harbaugh keeps it up with him.

they would have showed up regardless...have you forgetten what week this is??
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm not expecting any agreement from Hawks or 49er fans, but I'm no longer buying Kap. He'll di great given the wealth of offensive line beef, and the luxurious playcalling that allows Harbaugh n friends to make. But, I personally have abstract concerns over Kap.

He doesn't scare me as he once did. That sounds odd considering how he played last night, but, its my gut on him. We'll see...

So you are finally listening to the sense I have been making? Good.

Kaep is a sham. His success is predicated on max protect with two targets to choose between. He will pull it off for a while, there are some good weapons there, but his game is built on the same strong arm punchers chance Cutler has, and his physical skills are miles ahead of his comprehension.

I think time will expose some diva in the young man too.

I doubt it about the diva thing. He's one of those Youth Group attending Christian fanatics, hell bent on trying to live like Jesus.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 am
  • Young2Rice wrote:Seahawks are cocky after putting up 50 against the Cardinals and Bills.

49ers defense isn't kidding around. Wilson needs to have the game of his life to beat the niners.

And oh, its not like your last game against the rams is a walk in the park either. They will be looking to knock you out of the playoffs. So are we

Game on!

The beautiful part of it is this:

Every week, Russell has anewgame of his life. He has improved every.single.week. Every week! Of course, a time will come when hr DOESN'T get better the next week, but until I see it, I will continue to be confident that no matter how good he looked last week, next week is gonna be even better!
    Dismas
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 am
  • NorCal wrote:Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?

You don't even want to know what Wilson would be doing to opposing defenses if he had the best O-line in the NFL to stand behind. It'd certainly be a lot more than what Tattoo McSleeves has done thus far.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:49 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    NorCal wrote:Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?

You don't even want to know what Wilson would be doing to opposing defenses if he had the best O-line in the NFL to stand behind. It'd certainly be a lot more than what Tattoo McSleeves has done thus far.

Oh come on. The Niners Oline is not the best in the league. Probably the best at run blocking but definitely not at pass blocking. They are like one of the worst at sacks allowed and holding calls.

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 pm
  • NorCal wrote:
    If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry

I will.

What is you definition of "outperforms"?

How are we going to measure it?

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    NorCal wrote:

I will.

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?

Agreed. Good proposal.

I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:08 pm
  • NorCal wrote:I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.

It'll be interesting to see, for sure. Especially if Kaepernick has another wow-I-got-lucky-fumbling-4-times-and-recovering-all-of-them performance like he did in NE.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:16 pm
  • RW can win the QBR\rating game everytime we play, as long as the Niner Team wins the game I could care less!!!

Go Niners
    Ninerguy
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    NorCal wrote:I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.

It'll be interesting to see, for sure. Especially if Kaepernick has another wow-I-got-lucky-fumbling-4-times-and-recovering-all-of-them performance like he did in NE.

I honestly don't believe that will be a problem for the 49ers. They made a successful adjustment on the snap for the end of the NE game. Things like this rarely repeat immediately because they focus on it in practice. It may come up again after the shame wears off though.
    49fansince70
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm
  • I actually hope it's wet & rainy for our game. I want to see how both QBs react. Will DangeRuss still be cool, calm, and collected, with no fumbles; or will he cough a couple up? Can Kaepernick get his slick hands under control, or have another large lot of fumbles in the rain?

I imagine Niners fans wouldn't mind seeing that answered, too.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm
  • http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... kaepernick

They're both as dangerous as I expected. It should be fun seeing these two go head to head as they evolve and grow. The NFC Best will be just that because of these two guys. Instead having a pissing contest, both fanbases should be excited to see these young guys battle for the division year after year, no offense to Sam Bradford(well maybe a little).
    757Niner
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:56 pm
  • 757Niner wrote:no offense to Sam Bradford(well maybe a little).

^

:lol:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm
  • I agree. The 49ers O-Line is not all that good at protecting the QB. It is why I laugh a those on other boards who say " their QB has so much time" Its far from true. The 49ers had a very tough time against the Giants and Seahawks because of Alex. Kaepernick changes everything.
    49erFanFromPac
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm
  • NorCal wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:
    NorCal wrote:

I will.

Agreed?

Agreed. Good proposal.

I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.

So here's the numbers...

Russell's numbers for tonight were 115.3 Passer Rating and 97.6 QBR. His normalized averge for this game is 134.9.

And Kaep's normalized average for tonight was a dismal 41.8. Russell outperformed Kaep by 93.1 points. (Kaep's Passer Rating was 39.6 and his QBR rating was 27.8.)

Russell Wilson is officially and now jointly recognized by both Hawks and 9-ers fans (well, it's at least NorCal) as the QB that outperformed the other today.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:10 am
  • NorCal wrote:Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?

:49ersmall: :177692:
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:23 am
  • Nope.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:05 am
  • Yeah, I think we know the answer to this question now.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 am
  • Hehe. Man that was awesome.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 pm
  • Feeling a little sheepish for starting this thread now, Greenhell?

*crickets while waiting for him to respond*
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:22 am
  • [/quote]

So here's the numbers...

Russell's numbers for tonight were 115.3 Passer Rating and 97.6 QBR. His normalized averge for this game is 134.9.

And Kaep's normalized average for tonight was a dismal 41.8. Russell outperformed Kaep by 93.1 points. (Kaep's Passer Rating was 39.6 and his QBR rating was 27.8.)

Russell Wilson is officially and now jointly recognized by both Hawks and 9-ers fans (well, it's at least NorCal) as the QB that outperformed the other today.
    [/quote]

Sorry I haven't been on sooner, Christmas and all. RW definitely looked good and Kap had a bad game for sure. That place was rocking that the Hawks took it to the Niners. Kudos to them. I look forward to the many years of a great rivalry. Obviously, playing at the Clink in primetime is something I hope doesn't happen too often, lol.

Good luck in the playoffs. I do expect the Niners to win this week so any rematch in playoffs will be at the Stick (and NFC Championship as pretty much only possibility).

But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.

Congratulations, and now we get to see how the Hawks and RW do on the road in the playoffs. When is the last road playoff win the Hawks have had? (had to end with a backhanded compliment :D )
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:08 pm
  • NorCal wrote:But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.

Kudos for taking said lumps.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    NorCal wrote:But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.

Kudos for taking said lumps.

Agreed.

Now, let both teams rip the rest of the NFC a new one... and may the best team still standing win a SB.

The NFCWest is the BEST.

GO HAWKS!!!!

onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information