Greg Jennings won't take frinchise tag

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
If he indeed doesn't work something out with packers brass in the off-season, what do you guys think about him as a Seahawk under say something like a 3 Year 25 million contract

bingotown

Reaction score
I agree. No. I'd like to get a young stud that builds a repore with RW hat will be a combo for years to come. Maybe Tate can fill that role

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Pass, let Schneider and Pete find the next Jennings or better WR.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Yeah his career seems to be coming to a quick ending. Injuries haven't helped but I'm pretty sure he's their #4 WR now. I can see him going to a team like the Jags or Bills for whoever pays the most and end his career as a #2/3.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I love Jennings but he's more injury prone than Rice.

If we go for a FA, I'd much prefer Welker or Mike Wallace

nanomoz

Reaction score
He absolutely isn't as injury prone as Rice. This is the first season he won't play at least 13 games.

I'm not crazy about the WR group coming out in the draft, but there's lots of slot type guys.

I'd sign Jennings to 3 years if we could afford it. I don't think he'd be too pricey, honestly. There's lots of FA WR this year that fall in the top 3 tiers (compared to most seasons).

Whatever happens, Schneider knows him well, and would make the right decision.

OP
OP
Sea12Hawks

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
nanomoz":1vkzfi90 said:
He absolutely isn't as injury prone as Rice. This is the first season he won't play at least 13 games.

I'm not crazy about the WR group coming out in the draft, but there's lots of slot type guys.

I'd sign Jennings to 3 years if we could afford it. I don't think he'd be too pricey, honestly. There's lots of FA WR this year that fall in the top 3 tiers (compared to most seasons).

i like welker alot but he is going to be quite pricey and mike wallace's production has been decreasing the last few years despite seeing more targets

OP
OP
Sea12Hawks

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3trwntbu said:
I love Jennings but he's more injury prone than Rice.

If we go for a FA, I'd much prefer Welker or Mike Wallace

i like welker alot but he is going to be quite pricey and mike wallace's production has been decreasing the last few years despite seeing more targets

OP
OP
Sea12Hawks

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
i don't see many great wideouts via the draft outside of a few that are gunna go in the first round, and it's hard for me to imagine pc and js spending a first rounder on a wideout just given their recent tactics in the draft

kearly

Reaction score
Injuries and age considered, you are probably looking at 5/60 territory for Jennings. Green Bay will not let him walk easily.

I like this WR draft class. I have a hunch John Schneider does too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
nanomoz":zmbh32cd said:

I take it back. Not sure who I'm confusing Jennings with, but you're right.. really hasn't had a great deal of injury concerns until this season

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Tavon Austin. He's a playmaker. Faster than heck, great hands. Just because he's small doesn't mean he has to be a "slot guy". He can outrun anybody in the NFL I think. I'd draft him before signing an older receiver.

OP
OP
Sea12Hawks

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1gewqed1 said:
Tavon Austin. He's a playmaker. Faster than heck, great hands. Just because he's small doesn't mean he has to be a "slot guy". He can outrun anybody in the NFL I think. I'd draft him before signing an older receiver.

i would like someone who could beat people deep for RW to throw to

sturg78

Reaction score
I want Fitz/megatron catches everything around him type player. I will take Mike Williams a la the bears game where he had 15 catches. Don't care if he is a burner, YAC guy or anything else, just make the tough catch.

edit: I realized I was describing Joe Jurivicious. I want Joe Jurivicious.