So the downside summary includes...
1) Tebow sucks as an NFL QB (the passing part of the job)
2) Tebow is a me-me-me diva who actively courts the media circus
3) Tebow wouldn't go to the Hawks anyway because, as the diva he is, he would only go somewhere he feels he could/would be the starter
4) Tebow feels *entitled* to be a starting QB in the NFL, despite his clear issues as a throwing QB, and wouldn't play other positions unless he were totally out of QB'ing options
5) We already have a great FB in MRob, and Tebow is too tall to be a great FB
6) Tebow would be average at best as a TE, not great, and he is too short to be great as a TE
7) Tebow will wind up in Jacksonville anyway, most likely, because at least he'd sell tickets there and be a gimmick for a year or two before the franchise moves to LA. (Sounds eerily similar to the Ken Behring Seahawks years)
8, 9, 10) See #1.
FWIW, the scenarios I suggested had Russell Wilson on the field at all times as the QB, with the exception of RW being injured.
I also can't ever imagine a scenario where Carroll would "guarantee" anyone anything, so it should almost go without saying that Tebow would have to compete to even be the #2, and the only way PC/JS would bring him here would be with the understanding he would play where and how the coaches wanted him to.
I was hoping someone would expand further on how Bevell might design plays to maximize use of a Tebow (non-QB) skillset, and the options that would create. But possibly people think so little of Tebow as a passer that they'd rather see Sidney Rice or even Golden Tate winging the passes, not even to mention Lynch or Mike Rob.
It does seem like a lot of people are so passionate about how badly Tebow sucks as a throwing QB and his perceived diva-ness, that they just can't get past that and see other, positive possibilities. Clearly Tebow is extremely polarizing among fans. I haven't seen any reason to think Tebow will do anything but work his ass off and be a good teammate. However, it seems a safe bet the PC/JS braintrust wouldn't be very interested in Tebow, except at a very cheap (free) price, and with Tebow's explicit willingness to play wherever asked.
Steve2222 wrote: "I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs."