Green Bay: Classless Act

MrCarey

Reaction score
Ridiculous that they are still going for it at this point! I just can't believe them!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
No. Still all, or almost all, starters. I hope Rodgers gets injured. In the same situation for us, Wilson was pulled five minutes into the 3rd quarter.

OP
OP
MrCarey

MrCarey

Reaction score
I was being pretty sarcastic, but I really thought Rodgers was out. Hahaha, we would get called out so hard.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
If you as me, teams that show zero effort are the ones who should be called out by the media

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McCarthy is as beloved as Santa in the NFL, there will be no crap talked about him running score.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NWCheeseHead":qnxtwz5w said:
Hahahahah, this thread is funny.

Dont get me wrong, if they did run it up I don't care. But Seattle scored 50 plus two weeks in a row and were accused of running it up both weeks. McCarthy won't get that criticism.

BTW, I would have loved it if Seattle had scored again and gone for two to hang 50 on the Niners.

NWCheeseHead

Reaction score
JSeahawks":333xbr9l said:
I approve of running up the score. If you dont like it, play better defense.

Totally agree. It is not the offence's job to stop the offence. If the defence doesn't wanna have a 50 burger put on em...try and stop em. Plus most of the starters were in so long because a lot of the guys we are just getting back from injury, so we gotta get em into playoff shape before the playoffs. I've rearely ever seen the Packers take starters out of any game before the 4th quarter regardless of score, just saying.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NWCheeseHead":1w7rhgcu said:
Plus most of the starters were in so long because a lot of the guys we are just getting back from injury, so we gotta get em into playoff shape before the playoffs.

:roll:

Give me a break. Coaches rest starters, even recently injured ones, when they can. Most coaches, at least. McCarthy let Rodgers try to run up the score deep into the game, long after Rodgers could have been pulled. I agree with the "if you don't like it, stop 'em" mantra, but come on. Just admit they wanted to run the score up as much as possible based on the in-game indicators, and leave it at that. If Rodgers was pulled 5 minutes into the 2nd half like Wilson was by Carroll when we were spanking the Cardinals, then I'd have a difference stance altogether.

NWCheeseHead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2k10kzz8 said:
NWCheeseHead":2k10kzz8 said:
Plus most of the starters were in so long because a lot of the guys we are just getting back from injury, so we gotta get em into playoff shape before the playoffs.

:roll:

Give me a break. Coaches rest starters, even recently injured ones, when they can. Most coaches, at least. McCarthy let Rodgers try to run up the score deep into the game, long after Rodgers could have been pulled. I agree with the "if you don't like it, stop 'em" mantra, but come on. Just admit they wanted to run the score up as much as possible based on the in-game indicators, and leave it at that. If Rodgers was pulled 5 minutes into the 2nd half like Wilson was by Carroll when we were spanking the Cardinals, then I'd have a difference stance altogether.

Eh, that's what it looked like to me. If you have a different view of events, cool story bro. I still don't see the problem. These guys are pro's and score matters when it comes to tie beakers so, imo, there is no such thing as 'running up the score' in the NFL. Unless you're a cry baby or an over-paid blowhard on ESPN. Starters stay in till the 4th - that's how it has always been in Green Bay - they will come out then, if they come out at all. I don't see how ripping down another team over something as frivolous as: "We got yelled at for it so there!" is constructive, but if that is what it takes to help you feel better about yourself, right on. No skin off my back. Like I said earlier, "this thread is funny".

NWCheeseHead

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1y5gka07 said:
NWCheeseHead":1y5gka07 said:
Hahahahah, this thread is funny.

Dont get me wrong, if they did run it up I don't care. But Seattle scored 50 plus two weeks in a row and were accused of running it up both weeks. McCarthy won't get that criticism.

BTW, I would have loved it if Seattle had scored again and gone for two to hang 50 on the Niners.

I agree, I'd have laughed so hard if you guys put 50 on Harbaugh on his birthday. mwahahahaha, man that would have been sweet! God I hate that guy. Don't think you can listen to "Bob and Groz" without developing a strong dislike for the guy. If for no other reason than how he treated some of his former players when he entered the NFL.

I guess it is different coming from Wisconsin where I barely heard the national media ever talk about the Packers even during the Favre SB years of '97 and '98 good or bad. (I was also about 13/ 14 ish at that time so I'd say that my memory about the coverage specifically at that time may not be perfect.) Personally I just can't fathom why people put so much stock into what someone else has to say about their team. You guys are blowing teams away right now, I'd be lol'ing the whole ride between now and the end of the season; whenever that comes for y'all. You are right though, McCarthy won't get that criticism and Pete Caroll shouldn't have gotten it either.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NWCheeseHead, I'm hereby calling you full of crap. I lived in Wisconsin (Marshall, to be exact) from 1990 to partway through 2000, then moved back to Seattle when I was 17 in the summer of 2000. The Packers got plenty of love on a regular basis. I didn't like it because of how homer-tastic most Packers fans were in Wisconsin. Not the normal stuff, but making excuses for everything.

Did you guys get the same love NYC teams get, for instance? No. Of course not. However, you still got a pretty good amount. Favre was a golden boy not long after he came to the crappy in-the-middle-of-nowhere-burg otherwise known as Green Bay.

NWCheeseHead

Reaction score
Hahaha, I was living in MN from 99 till 05 so you got me on those last two years. And since you threw out where you lived: La Crosse WI for me. Like I said, I was young at that point and don't recall with absolute certanty. I didn't really watch as much sports coverage then as I watch now; but yeah, doesn't make me full of crap man. It just makes my memory off, and I already admitted as much. Hahaha shesh. You prob have me on the national media point though. Still; my overall main point is still pretty solid I'd say. Let me know if you don't get it and I'll brake it down for ya Barny style.

Problem with using slag is that it has multiple meanings, I think you mean 'homer' in the sence of blind fan loyalty, guess I missed the memo about how being a true-blue fan is now a bad thing. Or did you mean it in the 'moron' sence? lol; I guarantee there are plenty of those types of people in every fan base

Ps: crazy how you seem to remember the details of daily sports coverage from (between 90 and 2000) would make that 12 to 22 years ago.... Man ginkobaloba must be all it is cracked up to be, guess I should grab some next time I'm at Fred Mayer so I can have an infalible memory just like you.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
The point isn't that the Packers shouldn't pour it on, but rather that they won't catch flack for pouring it on with starters whereas Seattle got bad press for "running it up" with 2nd/3rd string guys in there.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Just saying the media ought to call it equally. No reason to give the Hawks flack for it either. It's a big boy league, let me play.

Not sure why you want to fight about it. I'm not trying to make a big deal of it.

NWCheeseHead

Reaction score
Oh no no no man. I'm actually not trying to fight about anything. If you review my comments you'd see that you and I both agree that the Hawks shouldn't have been berated about it. And kornhisers' comments about RW3 deserving a broken leg over it went way beyond uncalled for. Really all I'm saying is being rightly offended about juvinile coverage is all well and good, but this borders on hypocracy almost. Let the talking heads talk, you know and I both know that they all border on being margionally retarded most times. Consider the souce and laugh all the way to the bank as their precious New York teams miss the playoffs because they are a bunch of scrubbs.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with how much of a fan you are, it's just that there are basically two types of fans; those that can evaluate & discuss their team in good AND bad ways, and those that can't. Most are the latter. (For any franchise, not just getting down on the Packers fans for it.)

Latest posts