Washington or Dallas?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
This is basically what it comes down to. If we're being honest, even if the 49ers have a major hangover from last week... they should still beat Arizona at home. That would mean we play the winner of Dallas vs Washington in the first round of the playoffs.

Who would you rather have?

On the one hand, we've beaten Dallas already. They've got a few defensive players on IR and even DeMarcus Ware is hurt now. They've also picked up big time in recent weeks and Romo has looked pretty sharp. The offense is rolling. And if they go into Washington and upset the Redskins, they'll have a lot of momentum. And the fact we beat them up so much last time might give them a 'revenge' edge.

Washington are a hot team at the moment, but RGIII looked a little groggy last week. How much is that knee affecting him? And considering the overall speed of our offense, is it a good match-up for us? On the other hand, Griffin is having a spectacularly efficient year and nearly every break has fallen his way when he's needed it to. And with San Francisco hosting the #6 seed in round one unless the Packers lose at Minnesota, the chances are we'll have to be an early game in Washington and maybe a 10am start.

Thoughts?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I go back and forth between the two. I think Dallas will be an easier road environment to win in. But I think Washington has a weaker defense which we could take advanatage of. Both QB's create some problems. I'll feel confident but not fully comfortable against either of them.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Washington. I think we can contain RGIII. Beside RGIII no one else scares me on that offense and their defense is far from being 100% with orakpo and carriker gone for the year and Deangelo Hall will takes chances and give up big plays every now and then. Dallas on the other hand has probably the second hottest receiver in the game right now in Dez Bryant along with Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Demarrco Murray. That is a lot of firepower some that will be extremely difficult to contend with even for our defense i just don't like the matchup. So i would prefer the Skins over playing the Boys for a second time. Our boys just gotta know that RGIII has elite speed out of there and need to compensate for their pursuit angles.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":2uvrqwq1 said:
Washington. I think we can contain RGIII. Beside RGIII no one else scares me on that offense and their defense is far from being 100% with orakpo and carriker gone for the year and Deangelo Hall will takes chances and give up big plays every now and then. Dallas on the other hand has probably the second hottest receiver in the game right now in Dez Bryant along with Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Demarrco Murray. That is a lot of firepower some that will be extremely difficult to contend with even for our defense i just don't like the matchup. So i would prefer the Skins over playing the Boys for a second time. Our boys just gotta know that RGIII has elite speed out of there and need to compensate for their pursuit angles.

Morris is pretty good. I think RGIII + Morris could give us a tough time, especially the way the defense has played on the road sometimes.

Uffda

Reaction score
Thinking the media would prèfer rg3 and rw3 matchup

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Uffda":258uvxsc said:
Thinking the media would prèfer rg3 and rw3 matchup

The media would... but unfortunately (I may be wrong) I think if San Francisco ends up with the #3 seed they'll be guaranteed to be the late game on the Saturday or Sunday of the Wild Card weekend (I would guess Saturday). That would mean an early start on Sunday for us because I don't think both NFC games can be the late games. Might be wrong like I said. Although I don't buy too much into the 10am stuff... I'd rather have a friendlier start time.

I've just got a hunch Dallas is going to win on Sunday.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I can only imagine the level of confidence at Seahawk world headquarters with this news on Sherman combined with the return of Browner. Must be at a fever pitch.

Pete said at his press conference "we are still not playing at the level we are capable of..." That probably sounded like false bravado to the avg fan, but look at our numbers and that becomes easier to believe. No single stat from any single player, inc RW makes you go "holy bejesus...no wonder we are blowing teams out". Not really, it's just been good solid team play and sound fundamentals. You have to think Pete has something special ready to unleash. IMO, there will be no winner when Dallas meets Washington this Sunday.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
BillHawks":3ol1aycd said:
Kelly.Orr":3ol1aycd said:

Morris is pretty good. I think RGIII + Morris could give us a tough time, especially the way the defense has played on the road sometimes.

I may underestimate Morris some. But he just doesn't have the eye popping explosiveness that scares me like Spiller, Peterson, Bush, and even Demarrco Murray have. That's the only reason why Dallas scares me more is they have explosive playmakers at every position on offense. You could say Santana Moss but he is well past his prime and i for one am not scare at all of Pierre Garcon.

Edit: Kind of funny actually. I had morris on my fantasy team all year lol. He was consistent but never really exploded often.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Dallas.

Fo Sho.

Please, with Romo-at-the-wheel (as opposed to RGIII).

We want the Cowboys to win this week.

But, apparently,..........that's just ME.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I'd rather play the Cowboys.

Indoor turf favours our pass rush.

Cowboys have not changed their plan, and Witten will still be terrified of Kam. Skins RB with RG3 is an unknown quantity - Peterson was (eventually) contained as Vikings passing game was abysmal.

And, frankly, the Cowboys don't scare me. Nor should they scare our D.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
I don't care who we play personally. I also believe the Hawks don't either. Not one of those teams can stop us, or score on us. We are just to young, athletic and really really fast.

usChawks

Reaction score
Don't think either stand a chance, but I'd prefer Dallas. It gets really cold in DC, which might be a factor. I remember when we played the Packers in 07 playoffs, and the seahawks just fell apart when it started to snow/blizzard. Also 2010 playoff game against the Bears. However we now have a dominant running attack, so maybe it won't be as much of a factor.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Definitely the Redskins. Even though the Seahawks outclass both teams, I would like to end the conversations about RGIII. And the Seahawks D knows the read option really well. The one team that also knows the read option is Carolina, which beat the Redskins easily (and that was when Cam was having problems).

Sherman v. Pierre Garcon is the primary matchup. When they don't have Garcon, Washington was 3 and 6. And the Seahawks are WAY better than the teams they've played. So this leaves Alfred Morris and RGIII. RGIII is all about hitting the big plays, he isn't a big dink and dunker. So the answer to negating Alfred Morris isn't just jumping on them and gaining the lead. RGIII is good in this position as he's good at using his arm to break down a point difference.

So it's about gaining the lead and keeping him off the field. Which means putting up points, pound the rock, then throw on third. Something we did with disastrous effect against San Francisco. Best way to stop him is to keep him off the field of course.

RGIII pulls the same role out play action Russell does, so this shouldn't be anything new for us.

I don't like the Cowboys because every once in a while Tony Romo wakes up and stings a team. He also has a lot more targets then RGIII: Austin/Bryant/Whitten. Also you can’t sleep on the Cowboys, they had a tough schedule and have kept themselves in it. Look at the points per game and they are almost the same between both teams.
I would say the Cowboys are the better team, and expect them to win. But I don’t want to play them at the massive stadium.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We have Sherman for the playoffs. Bring 'em both on. B-Swag can spy RG3 and hold him up for Kam to teach him why he can't run like that.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Dallas.

Washington would be a media-fest, but is a more difficult match-up. So, I'd rather remove RGIII from the playoffs before the playoffs, and let Dallas choke as Lynch runs down their throats.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Shock2k":3un8fkvv said:
Definitely the Redskins. the Seahawks D knows the read option really well. The one team that also knows the read option is Carolina, which beat the Redskins easily (and that was when Cam was having problems).

Great point.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. One of them will be in our way, and neither of them are prepared for the type of beating this team will bring to there doorstep. The Boys got but a taste of it in Seattle, will be hard to shake that trauma.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I think they are both good teams but are lacking in certain areas.

Washington has a defense that is playing better and is less hut though they still aren't great. Their offense has a great running game (#1 by yards) that sets up RGIII and the passing game (though somehow it is only Wilson that has the running game set up his passing game lol).

Dallas is more explosive on offense but has no running game and seemingly a defense that is injured and playing poorly.

I would rather play Dallas as we could again make them 1-dimensional on offense and eat through there defense. Washington would be outdoors and a little tougher as their running game would make it harder on our defense.

Latest posts